Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League Movie - Discussion/Review - SPOILER ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Its funny as a lot of comic book enthusiasts actually liked Batfleck. They felt Batfleck was more akin to the comic book version of Batman than Nolan's. Obviously, I loved the Nolan films so for me Bale as both Bruce Wayne and Batman worked.
    Batman Begins was kinda cool. Dark Knight was legendary. Dark Knight Rises was a pile of poo

As much as I like that trilogy, the problem was that Nolan literally tried to change Batman with this "one rule" and "no guns" nonsense.

People who have never read a comic in their lives began to believe this mythology that Batman literally was a boy scout in a Dracula costume.

Nonsense. Batman is meant to kill. But in BvS it was a flaming massacre. The body count was ludicrous so we went from one ridiculous to another.

But Nolan shouldn't have gone there.

One nuts similarity is with Maggie Gyllenhaal (BvS) and Amy Adams (MoS), we've never had two more dog ugly average looking leading ladies.

At least Nolan realised she had to go and blew her ass up. Can somebody just kill Lois already and get a hot Lana in?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

The best scene of Justice League is arguably Superman's revival from the dead and then in his confused/lack of memories state, his proceeding battle with the other Justice League characters.

But I am still perplexed as to why Cyborg shot at Superman which obviously enraged him so much to attack the whole team back? I though Cyborg has complete control of his abilities but then he suddenly lost control and he all so conveniently malfunctioned and fired a rocket at the confused Superman?!

If Cyborg hadn't had done that then Superman possibly wouldn't have flipped and retaliated back. Cyborg would have been better off saying something along the lines of "Hey Superman! We just brought you back to life and we are your friends! We need your help. Please don't attack us!" but no he triggers Superman in a rage of fury instead haha

An fun moment was when it was 3 (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg) on 1 (Superman) and then it turned into slow mo effect with Flash trying to sneak up behind Superman and very slowly you see Superman's eyes turning and his head tilting at the same time to show he can easily see the Flash coming at light speed and then the look on Flash's face was just freaking epic because it was at that point in time where the Flash knew "he has ********** up" and "this guy is just as fast as me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Its a shame. The whole franchise was spoilt from the start with MOS and the casting of Any Adams as Lois Lane. No lie but Superman's mum was probably hotter! I kinda liked Justice League... but it was effed up! I'm not gonna bang on about the gwad awful effects and Henry Cavill's face ... thats too easy. There were many more problems.

Zac Synder directed The Watchmen... one of my fave movies (and fave superhero movie) ever so hows he gotten it all so wrong here. 1st there was that pathetic Hiroshima Nagasaki battle in MOS, then the "Martha" game-changer lol in BvS (and that dream, lets not forget about that oh so stupid dream).. now this. And yes I know Joss Whedon took over the reins...

I'm assuming everyone here has watched it by now... if not stop reading this post right now coz it'll be full of spoilers. So things I didn't like (I'll talk about the good things after...)

1. Wonder Woman's battle with the suicide suited English terrorists... what was the point of that exactly? Just seemed shoe horned in for no reason other than to show her busting some moves. Would have been better if they had some Isis-lovers in there instead but political correctness has gone insane.

2. Bruce Wayne meets Aquaman... somebody, anybody, please, whys that drawing on the wall? Thats whole scene was almost as daft as that Hulk chasing Black Widow scene (I think thats her name, pointless character). Bruce and Arthur's first meeting was so poorly written it was almost comic-al.

3. What happened to the continuity with BvS and that dumb-ass dream, you know, the one with Batman in a black trench-coat with binoculars in the desert. Yeah that one! This movie flips the script so much so that it might as well have not happened (and in truth it really shouldn't have... crap scene)

4. Superman's face and the crap special effects... sorry I tried, but there is no escaping how bad the CGI was. Anyone else laugh at the scene when Cyborg's suite tried to attack Superman and it looked like his head was literally pasted on by Joe.co.uk

5. Bringing Superman back from the dead. The end of BvS suggested that he wasn't completely dead (with the mud rising) but in this, yep dead. What we get is Franken-Sups and the technology to bring anyone back from the grave. Why don't they give those Mother boxes to the NHS? How comes Superman hadn't decomposed? How did Batman even suss out that the Mother Box could bring Clark back to life... too many unanswered questions and thats just the tip of the iceberg

6. Alfred's lines are getting tiresome... look maybe he should just get Bruce on Tinder and pipe down.

7. Aquaman's ride. Now I'm sorry for being obvious but how did he not die? I mean seriously how?

8. Overpowered Superman. That bad guy (the most pointless in movie history) was like a punchbag once Superman showed up. He just took one hell of a beating like the only thing Superman didn't do was Jimmy Saville him. Thats how easy it was. He literally just showed up and kicked his alien head in. Like WTF.

So many more problems... BUT I liked the characters. The team was great and the movie kinda fun. 6/10
    Some good points there mate. Glad you like the characters though.

I think many of the problems in Justice League are due to the fact the film feels slightly rushed. As someone above has pointed out, the original movie should have been around 3 hours long. For them to cut it down to a bare 2 hours can only mean that certain extra clips that should have helped explain situations weren't actually included in the movie so it leaves the audience with so many unanswered questions. If you had watched the Justice League trailer beforehand, you will have noted several missing scenes when it came to watching the actual movie.

I actually liked the overpowered Superman coming back from the dead. He arguably came back stronger than he was when he was alive He is meant to be one of the most powerful characters in the Justice League so it is a good portrayal in my view. I agree the bad guy Steppenwolf was weak as hell in comparison and Superman took him to the cleaners like nothing but that should totally be expected though. Steppenwolf, as good or bad as he was, isn't of Kryptonian origin like Zod was in Man of Steel and Doomsday was in Batman vs Superman. Those bad guys were more of a challenge for Superman and quite rightly so. Having said that, it is nice to see a reborn Superman supremely confident in his powers to pummel a villain like Steppenwolf like it was just a stroll in the park. It is actually quite refreshing to see Superman not struggle for a change during a battle with his foe and he was having a lot of fun with it too.

Another cool moment in JL was Superman's first headbutt on Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman takes it on the chin and decides to give one of her own back to him.

Superman shakes it off like water off a duck's back, refocuses and then lifts Wonder Woman 10 feet in the air and headbutt smashes her again hard into the ground.

Is that how you should treat a lady?!

I like this scene because it highlights not only how strong Superman is but also he doesn't care if you're a man or woman, he will take you down no matter what...so don't get in his way!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post

Wonder Woman takes it on the chin and decides to give one of her own back to him.

Superman shakes it off like water off a duck's back, refocuses and then lifts Wonder Woman 10 feet in the air and headbutt smashes her again hard into the ground.

I like this scene because it highlights not only how strong Superman is but also he doesn't care if you're a man or woman, he will take you down no matter what...so don't get in his way!
    I agree, that bit was pretty cool... definitely not how you treat a lady. Shame it wasn't Lois Lane he was head butting. Coz then she could die and they could replace her with a sexy Lana Lane.

Amy Adams is too old and to fugly to be a leading lady. Imagine Aquaman fancying here... thats how daft it is. Might as well just cast Nicolas Cage as Superman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    I'll watch Marvel but this tripe, no thanks. Superman ruined. Batman going along the same route
    JL is about on par with Age of Ultron in quality and tone. A fun popcorn film with solid action, likeable characters, but some choppy editing, contrivance, and nerfed bad guy. I think you'd actually like it

I think many of the problems in Justice League are due to the fact the film feels slightly rushed. As someone above has pointed out, the original movie should have been around 3 hours long. For them to cut it down to a bare 2 hours can only mean that certain extra clips that should have helped explain situations weren't actually included in the movie so it leaves the audience with so many unanswered questions. If you had watched the Justice League trailer beforehand, you will have noted several missing scenes when it came to watching the actual movie.

I actually liked the overpowered Superman coming back from the dead. He arguably came back stronger than he was when he was alive He is meant to be one of the most powerful characters in the Justice League so it is a good portrayal in my view. I agree the bad guy Steppenwolf was weak as hell in comparison and Superman took him to the cleaners like nothing but that should totally be expected though. Steppenwolf, as good or bad as he was, isn't of Kryptonian origin like Zod was in Man of Steel and Doomsday was in Batman vs Superman. Those bad guys were more of a challenge for Superman and quite rightly so. Having said that, it is nice to see a reborn Superman supremely confident in his powers to pummel a villain like Steppenwolf like it was just a stroll in the park. It is actually quite refreshing to see Superman not struggle for a change during a battle with his foe and he was having a lot of fun with it too.
    Warner Bros placed a mandate on the theatrical release being no more than 2 hours. Crazy.

I agree, that bit was pretty cool... definitely not how you treat a lady. Shame it wasn't Lois Lane he was head butting. Coz then she could die and they could replace her with a sexy Lana Lane.

Amy Adams is too old and to fugly to be a leading lady. Imagine Aquaman fancying here... thats how daft it is. Might as well just cast Nicolas Cage as Superman lol

Acumen is online now First team regular

Nicholas Cage in Con Air was about as accurate a depiction of Superman I’ve ever seen.

Nicholas Cage in Con Air was about as accurate a depiction of Superman I’ve ever seen.
    https://weliveentertainment.com/wp-c...n-air-1997.jpg

Just seen wonder woman, and i must say i was disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    TBH I was expecting more from it given the hype.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

same as BvS - the extended version is superior to the theatrical version we were treated to and gives a more coherent feel to the film. without it the film lacks connectivity and your always asking the question why something is occurring. - exactly the same is evident in the new Justice League movie - re-shoots after cutting more than an hour of the film and giving a different version than the one snyder set out to make. studios never learn, let those that understand the characters make the films not focus groups.

thought that scene with the flash during that fight was funny, roaming eyes.

WW was a run of the mill film. Nothing genuinely special or different about it.

WW was a run of the mill film. Nothing genuinely special or different about it.
    It was special and different. Even though it was ordinary, a woman starrred and directed it, hence it was great. A bit like women's football when a goalkeeper makes a bog standard save. In the men's game it's average and expected, in the women's game it's out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    It was special and different. Even though it was ordinary, a woman starrred and directed it, hence it was great. A bit like women's football when a goalkeeper makes a bog standard save. In the men's game it's average and expected, in the women's game it's out of this world.
    I don't know about all that, but as a far as it went as a film, it was basically another CGI laden DC trying to be Marvel film.

I don't know about all that, but as a far as it went as a film, it was basically another CGI laden DC trying to be Marvel film.
    The bigotry of low expectations dude. We didn't expect much, we got slightly more, hence it was great.

The bigotry of low expectations dude. We didn't expect much, we got slightly more, hence it was great.
    I'm not expecting anything from JL. I just think DC is trying to copy Marvel, and they just aren't as good at that formula as Marvel.

I'm not expecting anything from JL. I just think DC is trying to copy Marvel, and they just aren't as good at that formula as Marvel.
    Not referring to you. More the reviewers. I thought Dawn of Justice was great. Preferred it to Civil War which I think was out roughly the same time. When you've been getting the same Marvel characters since Iron Man in 2008, it gets a little dull. Especially since they release about 2 or 3 films a year.

Awful and cheap cartoonish cgi, bad villain in david thewlis. Hilariously bullish and bad second villain in danny huston. Chris pine can only make captain kirky characters. Could not see any point in saids role.
    Connie nielsen reprised her static boring acting from gladiator. Etc etc etc.

Yes it was hyped from a feminist perspective.

While dr strange was equally bad, just with better cgi, and was equally hyped, but for the sake of the hype. Not gender

Awful and cheap cartoonish cgi, bad villain in david thewlis. Hilariously bullish and bad second villain in danny huston. Chris pine can only make captain kirky characters. Could not see any point in saids role.
    Connie nielsen reprised her static boring acting from gladiator. Etc etc etc.

Yes it was hyped from a feminist perspective.

While dr strange was equally bad, just with better cgi, and was equally hyped, but for the sake of the hype. Not gender
    Thought Dr Strange was average also. But we donít pretend itís great because it had male leads unlike Wonder Woman. In saying that, I did enjoy Wonder Woman, it was just nothing special. And I donít think just because a woman starred in it and directed it it should be considered great. We want equality, letís judge things equally.

tbf how else can any comic book or fantasy get on the screen..

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    tbf how else can any comic book or fantasy get on the screen..
    Still though. It looks like ****. Especially DC's CGI.

DC should just do the honourable thing and sell the rights of all their decent characters to Marvel then shut up shop!

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    Mate, Henry Cavill was completely destroyed, especially in the reshoots when they tried to hide the moustache.

That scene between him and Amy Adams in Kansas looked like it was shot in a 1940's studio lot. And the CGI of the corn behind them was sooo fake.

fair comment, think they rushed the film trying to make up ground on marvel - bad idea as imo they've just keep screwing things up. should have given some of the characters an origin and reason to be together not this haphazard way they've done it.

weirdest thing was cavill's lips while speaking... madness.

It was awful, popped along after work, thought it was just a mess...again.

They just can't get these DC films right and it perhaps because I just can't ever quite buy into these characters, Batman is doable but I never end up rooting for him and Superman is just a bit silly really, no boundaries making every story he features in full of holes. Wonder Woman, nah, and the others ditto

Good for the kids though, would have loved it as a little un I'm sure

Donít know what people expect from superhero films. If you want Oscar winning stuff go watch 12 Years a Slave. Nothing wrong with Justice League as a superhero film. People go on about how Iron Man started the new superhero genre off. I thought the first hour of Iron Man was dull as ditchwater.

Donít know what people expect from superhero films. If you want Oscar winning stuff go watch 12 Years a Slave. Nothing wrong with Justice League as a superhero film. People go on about how Iron Man started the new superhero genre off. I thought the first hour of Iron Man was dull as ditchwater.
    I don't think anyone expects that at all.

Fun characters written decent lines & some flashy moments you can get into. A nice fun super hero caper, that's it, but somehow they **** up these DC films.

They rarely work to my taste, always feel messy & thrown together though they do look good at times