Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justice League Movie - Discussion/Review - SPOILER ALERT

Good to finally see Superman deploy "ice breath" in this Justice League movie. Such an underrated move, he should use it more in my opinion.

Makes a refreshing change from the red laser heat beams from his eyes that he so obviously loves to utilise as seen in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

I was waiting forever for Superman to use this particular skill in his weaponry for ages and it finally came in this DCEU movie when he froze off Steppenwolf's axe which then allowed Wonder Woman to break it into smitherines.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Acumen is online now First team regular
    So just finished watching Justice League. Decent superhero flick. Definitely taking a page from Marvel, but thatís not necessarily a bad thing. What I did like was the incorporation of the old Batman and Superman themes in some of the scoring for the film. Nice touch.

Also Iím liking Deathstroke at the end. Really captured it well.

This movie is still showing at the cinemas people, so get down and watch it if you haven't done so already!

I know the Star Wars film "The Last Jedi" is getting a load of hype right now and I will get round to seeing it eventually I'm sure but Justice League was definitely a good watch too in my opinion so go check it out boys and girls.

Enjoy!

I enjoyed the movie much to my surprise. I've hated a lot of the recent stuff that DC have been making but Justice League was super entertaining. I don't know if I enjoyed it so much because of my rock bottom expectations (following the absolute joke that was suicide squad) Either ways, I really enjoyed it. Contrary to many people, I quite liked Aquaman. The only criticism I have of the movie is that they made Batman look super useless but that's not really their fault as he's obviously going to be no match to people with superpowers. It's why I've only ever enjoyed the Batman in standalone movies and comic books generally.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Finally watched this out of boredom more than actually wanting to see it. It was awful, to be fair. CGI mess, most of them were unlikeable (especially Cyborg...), and it was all absolutely pointless as soon as Superman came along and just totally pummelled Steppenwolf, even having time to fly away elsewhere, then come back and comment on how they were still struggling with him.

The cheesy one liners from Aquaman were as bad as anything in Suicide Squad. MY MAN! ALRIGHT!

It's such a shame as there is obviously a lot to work with at DC, they just constantly get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Finally watched this out of boredom more than actually wanting to see it. It was awful, to be fair. CGI mess, most of them were unlikeable (especially Cyborg...), and it was all absolutely pointless as soon as Superman came along and just totally pummelled Steppenwolf, even having time to fly away elsewhere, then come back and comment on how they were still struggling with him.

The cheesy one liners from Aquaman were as bad as anything in Suicide Squad. MY MAN! ALRIGHT!

It's such a shame as there is obviously a lot to work with at DC, they just constantly get it wrong.
    Oh dear.

I enjoyed it, and I loved Aquaman.

Steppenwolf was pretty dire as a villain, and as you say, Superman might as well have had a deck chair on standby.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    DC lack cutting edge. The Dark Knight series is the best since then it's gone down hill.
    ?

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

I thought it was alright, a decent popcorn flick but kind of messy and lacking much substance. Steppenwolf could have been a decent antagonist but they didn't develop his backstory at all other than 'another generic evil dude who wants to take over the world'. I'd probably give it a 6/10. It is bizarre how DC gets it so wrong so often, although I liked Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I enjoyed the movie much to my surprise. I've hated a lot of the recent stuff that DC have been making but Justice League was super entertaining. I don't know if I enjoyed it so much because of my rock bottom expectations (following the absolute joke that was suicide squad) Either ways, I really enjoyed it. Contrary to many people, I quite liked Aquaman. The only criticism I have of the movie is that they made Batman look super useless but that's not really their fault as he's obviously going to be no match to people with superpowers. It's why I've only ever enjoyed the Batman in standalone movies and comic books generally.
    Solo Aquaman film coming out next year too, will be one to look out for in your diary.

He is a pretty formidable foe, was definitely winning the battle against the rest of the Justice League before Superman cam along though!

As Steppenwolf said in a deleted scene "No protectors here. No lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall... like all the others!". Just shows Steppenwolf is only afraid of Superman and perhaps The Green Lantern who I'm sure we'll see introduced in Justice League 2.

I thought it was poo, watching wonder women kept me hanging on until the inevitable ending.

It was that bad you could tell that superman was obviously going to come back and save the day, just from watching the trailer.

I liked the superman part, I think he plays him well too, the best superman since Christopher Reeve for me, but it was not enough to make this a good movie.