Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League Movie - Discussion/Review - SPOILER ALERT

1. #1 Default Justice League Movie - Discussion/Review - SPOILER ALERT 
    Hey everyone!

I thought I would create a thread to discuss and chat about the new Justice League movie released in cinema's today.

Please post your thoughts on the film and whether you enjoyed it?

I saw the whole movie earlier this afternoon so I won't make too many comments until a few more people have bumped this thread up and engage in the discussion.

Hopefully, there are a few of you out there who have already seen the movie but if you haven't already done so and you have a free weekend, I'd recommend that you go and check it out! The film follows on from Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice and it is advisable for your enjoyment purposes that you have already seen these before you watch the Justice League!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Who gives a shhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Who gives a shhhh
    Haha

I assume you haven't seen it and don't intend to at any point then?

It's very watchable in all fairness. I know a lot of Dads/Moms up across the country will be taking their kids up this weekend to go and see it and some of them are even more excited than their own children.

Whether you're a man/woman, young kid, teen, OAP. There is something in this film that will appeal to everyone.

Seen it today. Not bad at all. Did think though that Superman was jut too powerful. Wasn't even a contest once Superman joined the team. Could have killed Steppenwolf himself easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Haha

I assume you haven't seen it and don't intend to at any point then?

It's very watchable in all fairness. I know a lot of Dads/Moms up across the country will be taking their kids up this weekend to go and see it and some of them are even more excited than their own children.

Whether you're a man/woman, young kid, teen, OAP. There is something in this film that will appeal to everyone.
    Nope. But hey ho if a kids film deserves a thread then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Seen it today. Not bad at all. Did think though that Superman was jut too powerful. Wasn't even a contest once Superman joined the team. Could have killed Steppenwolf himself easily.
    Great point.

One of the best bits of the film was Superman's revival from the dead. He had temporarily lost his memories and then turn against the Justice League heroes. I felt this scenario should have been prolonged. It was too quick for Batman against the ropes against Superman to just release Lois Lane to free Superman from his short term amnesia.

Superman lovers would have loved that slow mo battle scene. Cavill shirtless looked like a beast and Superman looked unstoppable, so much so that, even if the Justice League gang had kryptonite in their ranks, Superman would even overcome that!

Yeah agree, a lot of critics are calling Steppenwolf an extremely "weak" villain. Powerful but obviously no match for Superman. The only thing scary about Steppenwolf is probably his tall "height" I would have loved Steppenwolf to have teamed up with "evil no memory" Superman for longer to be honest.

I didn't get why Victor Stone shot at Superman though, was it simply a technical malfunction on his end, which enraged Superman forcing him to turn against the Justice League heroes?

Also, why didn't Superman don a new "black" suit. It was just his regular outfit but pre release there was all this talk of Superman having an "evil" dark suit and cape?

Nope. But hey ho if a kids film deserves a thread then so be it
    We were all kids once to be fair! One of the best things about being an adult is perhaps "pretending" or actually really "enjoying" what your kids are into in my view.

Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Haribo!

I know everything you watch in the trailers does not necessarily transpire onto the actual release but I'm still perplexed by one thing from the pre release trailers:

When Alfred hears those thumping footsteps which shakes the water in the glass. He looks up, looking a little spooked and surprised and there proceeds to say "He said you'd come, now lets "HOPE" you're not too late."

We never saw this scene in the movie, when people were speculating all sorts of super heroes it could have been that Alfred was talking to...Green Lantern, Super Girl etc.

But after all that, it was just a reference that Superman would be returning? Is that it?! Because Superman stands for hope?!

We were all kids once to be fair! One of the best things about being an adult is perhaps "pretending" or actually really "enjoying" what your kids are into in my view.

Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Haribo!
    I'll watch Marvel but this tripe, no thanks. Superman ruined. Batman going along the same route

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I saw BvS and quite frankly I thought it was really sub-standard. I will be going for JL, but I'm not expecting it to pull up any trees. Quite frankly, I've thought that all the DC films after Nolan have been very average.

I'll watch Marvel but this tripe, no thanks. Superman ruined. Batman going along the same route
    Fair enough. I like Marvel too by the way. No worries mate.

At the end of the day, there will always be versions of Superman and Batman in the future played by different actors. They may play that role to your particular taste or may not even be your cup of tea. The actors/actresses are doing their best I'm sure to find balance.

You can't please everyone, even the hard core comic book fans will find small enough details to criticise how certain characters are misrepresented on screen in their view.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I saw BvS and quite frankly I thought it was really sub-standard. I will be going for JL, but I'm not expecting it to pull up any trees. Quite frankly, I've thought that all the DC films after Nolan have been very average.
    I had really high expectations for Justice League and to be honest maybe I left feeling a little disappointed. Nonetheless, I still had a great time.

If BvS was really that bad for you, then I suppose JL can not really be any worse eh?! JL has a much lighter friendly tone, I hope you enjoy this one more anyway mate.

I had really high expectations for Justice League and to be honest maybe I left feeling a little disappointed. Nonetheless, I still had a great time.

If BvS was really that bad for you, then I suppose JL can not really be any worse eh?! JL has a much lighter friendly tone, I hope you enjoy this one more anyway mate.
    I really enjoyed Dawn of Justice. Started to get bored with Marvel, too familiar now. A little underwhelmed with Aquaman. Wonder Woman was again the ace in the pack for me. Best character by a mile.

Interesting that Alfredís scene was deleted Frogster, could be a tease for things to come possibly.

I was hoping JL would be more to my liking than Thor: Ragnarok as I was bitterly disappointed with Marvels effort in that film, too much taking the ****, it actually annoyed me as the HULK is my favourite Marvel character and he was made to look like a sideshow

Anyways, JL has set up the DC cinematic franchise quite nicely with this production and I sincerely hope the following films add what this current flick has provided, a platform for entertaining storylines. Watching Darkseid come to blows with the League is going to be spectacular, like the Avengers up against Thanos.

All the character portrayals in the JL were very good in my opinion, I was bemused in one review that I read saying that Ben Affleck seemed disinterested and wanted to be anywhere except on set of this film - didnít get this sense at all.

Reviews/opinions are like noses, everyoneís got one - donít let them spoil your anticipation if you are in two minds about viewing it.

Superman is the most powerful of the group and the showcasing of his strength I thought was spot on, not to diminish the power level of the other characters.

Wonder Woman, geez she nails that role.

Fingers crossed big time the Green Lantern becomes a worthy addition to the League, my favourite DC character.

It's pretty good all and his dog knew the big man wasn't dead and would return. Hope Green Lantern is in the next film and a certain guy from Mars the last of his race.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    I really enjoyed Dawn of Justice. Started to get bored with Marvel, too familiar now. A little underwhelmed with Aquaman. Wonder Woman was again the ace in the pack for me. Best character by a mile.
    Do you know what mate? I totally agree with you on the Aquaman point. I felt he didn't really get enough scream time, maybe I'm wrong but it leaves you wanting to find out more about him. Rest assured, I think the solo Aquaman movie will reveal more to his character because he is not currently the King of Atlantis just yet!

Yeah I love Wonder Woman, she is so sexy! Whenever her punchline music drops into the background, I get super excited!

I loved that scene where see saves the day against those bomb terrorists, blocks all those bullets with lightning speed like nothing and then crosses her forearms together blasting the enemy away. Her Lasso toy is ingenious too, that piece of equipment really "reveals" a lot if you know what I mean

Her character promotes Girl Power. Doing it for the mighty females. Good on her. Fair play.

My hope is that DC doesn't basically rehash Marvel.

Ben afleck became my favorite batman. He was so hilariously bad in batman vs superman, that i couldn't stop laughing.
    So ill probably watch this one as well one day in a far far future

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Interesting that Alfred’s scene was deleted Frogster, could be a tease for things to come possibly.

I was hoping JL would be more to my liking than Thor: Ragnarok as I was bitterly disappointed with Marvels effort in that film, too much taking the ****, it actually annoyed me as the HULK is my favourite Marvel character and he was made to look like a sideshow

Anyways, JL has set up the DC cinematic franchise quite nicely with this production and I sincerely hope the following films add what this current flick has provided, a platform for entertaining storylines. Watching Darkseid come to blows with the League is going to be spectacular, like the Avengers up against Thanos.

All the character portrayals in the JL were very good in my opinion, I was bemused in one review that I read saying that Ben Affleck seemed disinterested and wanted to be anywhere except on set of this film - didn’t get this sense at all.

Reviews/opinions are like noses, everyone’s got one - don’t let them spoil your anticipation if you are in two minds about viewing it.

Superman is the most powerful of the group and the showcasing of his strength I thought was spot on, not to diminish the power level of the other characters.

Wonder Woman, geez she nails that role.

Fingers crossed big time the Green Lantern becomes a worthy addition to the League, my favourite DC character.
    Good read and good post mate.

Can't wait for Justice League 2 then! But before that we have a solo Batman film for Ben Affleck. Hopefully, we'll see development of his character a little bit more. I just hope Darkseid comes up trump if he's one of the future villains because Steppenwolf just seemed like a pawn in this movie.

I agree, you can't please everyone. Some people love Christian Bale's Batman, some people hate it! We need to give Ben Affleck time to put his stamp on the character in his solo movie hopefully.

I actually haven't seen the solo Wonder Woman film so it is possible I didn't feel nor understand the conflict between her and Batman in Justice League when they were arguing and having digs at each other over whether to revive Superman or not. Nonetheless, it is actually impossible to dislike her character in my opinion, she plays it well.

Lastly, yes, it would be nice to see Green Lantern. I don't know much about the character but he would surely add something extra to the next Justice League movie. I did actually see something green, possibly a green "ring" and a green looking character in Justice League but it was only during Steppenwolf's initial losing battle against the Amazonians, Atlantisians etc where he first failed to collect the three magic boxes but this scene happened very quickly in a flash.

I am a huge Superman fan. It's funny you know, I actually mistakenly said to a stranger leaving the cinema on the way out "Did you enjoy that Superman film then?". His response was "If you mean Justice League, then yes!" I got so carried away with Superman saving the day with his power and awesomeness and stealing the headlines in this movie that I totally dismissed the actual notion of the other Justice League characters even existing. I am so bad, aren't I?!

My hope is that DC doesn't basically rehash Marvel.
    Wonder Woman will turn you into a "believer" in any case! Remember what Jurgen said to us also. "From doubters to believers."

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Ben afleck became my favorite batman. He was so hilariously bad in batman vs superman, that i couldn't stop laughing.
    So ill probably watch this one as well one day in a far far future
    Haha Poor Batman. I feel for him. To be fair, Batman is just a super wealthy "rich" individual that maybe buys his way out of trouble. He doesn't really exhibit any God like super powers or strength really.

It is hard for him to be the credible "leader" of the Justice League when he's not even top 3 of the most strongest/powerful in the Justice League characters. Could you liken him to our very own captain Jordan Henderson perhaps? No offence Jordan!

I think the fact Ben Affleck plays a much older, worn out Batman leads to him acting like a miserable chap all the time because he's perhaps jealous of other Justice League characters bailing him out all the time. He knows he's inferior to the rest of the crew so he's just letting them do the hard work for him haha

We'll have the chance to see further development Affleck's Batman in his own solo movie so that should be interesting I hope.

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    The movie is not really a Zack Snyder film, but Joss Whedon's. Which shows IMO, whether positively or negatively that's your own opinion I guess.

Snyder's daughter I think passed away half way through shooting and the studio got Whedon to finish it off. Which I think they were happy about because they did not want a serious, slightly dark film like BvsS was and so the guy behind the Avengers was perfect for them to come in and play around Snyder's intentions. The movie was originally planned to be 3 hrs I think as well.

As I said in the film thread, BvsS, despite it's faults and cartoonish ending (plenty of that here as well) was more serious and was aiming for something more than the generic superhero film. Now it fails (Martha!), but I still liked much more than this. Every slightly serious or adult conversation here is interrupted by some sort of comic relief, and all the jokes are the same (something sex related).

I guess I'm just being a superhero prude. Looking forward to the standalone BAtman film.

Wonder Woman will turn you into a "believer" in any case! Remember what Jurgen said to us also. "From doubters to believers."
    I found WW very run of the mill. Lots of CGI and a basic plot. It really didn't change my perception of this DC Universe.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I found WW very run of the mill. Lots of CGI and a basic plot. It really didn't change my perception of this DC Universe.
    Better than Fat Man...although Ben's attempt entertained the wife and kids...when I started yelling "you're *****" every time he appeared on screen.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Better than Fat Man...although Ben's attempt entertained the wife and kids...when I started yelling "you're *****" every time he appeared on screen.
    Its funny as a lot of comic book enthusiasts actually liked Batfleck. They felt Batfleck was more akin to the comic book version of Batman than Nolan's. Obviously, I loved the Nolan films so for me Bale as both Bruce Wayne and Batman worked.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Its funny as a lot of comic book enthusiasts actually liked Batfleck. They felt Batfleck was more akin to the comic book version of Batman than Nolan's. Obviously, I loved the Nolan films so for me Bale as both Bruce Wayne and Batman worked.
    I liked Bale as Bat Man...being slightly insane always helps with super heroes.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I liked Bale as Bat Man...being slightly insane always helps with super heroes.
    I thought he fit the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman as best as anyone could. Looked the part.

Its a shame. The whole franchise was spoilt from the start with MOS and the casting of Any Adams as Lois Lane. No lie but Superman's mum was probably hotter! I kinda liked Justice League... but it was effed up! I'm not gonna bang on about the gwad awful effects and Henry Cavill's face ... thats too easy. There were many more problems.

Zac Synder directed The Watchmen... one of my fave movies (and fave superhero movie) ever so hows he gotten it all so wrong here. 1st there was that pathetic Hiroshima Nagasaki battle in MOS, then the "Martha" game-changer lol in BvS (and that dream, lets not forget about that oh so stupid dream).. now this. And yes I know Joss Whedon took over the reins...

I'm assuming everyone here has watched it by now... if not stop reading this post right now coz it'll be full of spoilers. So things I didn't like (I'll talk about the good things after...)

1. Wonder Woman's battle with the suicide suited English terrorists... what was the point of that exactly? Just seemed shoe horned in for no reason other than to show her busting some moves. Would have been better if they had some Isis-lovers in there instead but political correctness has gone insane.

2. Bruce Wayne meets Aquaman... somebody, anybody, please, whys that drawing on the wall? Thats whole scene was almost as daft as that Hulk chasing Black Widow scene (I think thats her name, pointless character). Bruce and Arthur's first meeting was so poorly written it was almost comic-al.

3. What happened to the continuity with BvS and that dumb-ass dream, you know, the one with Batman in a black trench-coat with binoculars in the desert. Yeah that one! This movie flips the script so much so that it might as well have not happened (and in truth it really shouldn't have... crap scene)

4. Superman's face and the crap special effects... sorry I tried, but there is no escaping how bad the CGI was. Anyone else laugh at the scene when Cyborg's suite tried to attack Superman and it looked like his head was literally pasted on by Joe.co.uk

5. Bringing Superman back from the dead. The end of BvS suggested that he wasn't completely dead (with the mud rising) but in this, yep dead. What we get is Franken-Sups and the technology to bring anyone back from the grave. Why don't they give those Mother boxes to the NHS? How comes Superman hadn't decomposed? How did Batman even suss out that the Mother Box could bring Clark back to life... too many unanswered questions and thats just the tip of the iceberg

6. Alfred's lines are getting tiresome... look maybe he should just get Bruce on Tinder and pipe down.

7. Aquaman's ride. Now I'm sorry for being obvious but how did he not die? I mean seriously how?

8. Overpowered Superman. That bad guy (the most pointless in movie history) was like a punchbag once Superman showed up. He just took one hell of a beating like the only thing Superman didn't do was Jimmy Saville him. Thats how easy it was. He literally just showed up and kicked his alien head in. Like WTF.

So many more problems... BUT I liked the characters. The team was great and the movie kinda fun. 6/10
    Last edited by Joe-El; 18-11-17 at 12:15.

Best batman Bale.
    Batman closest to the comic book. The two keaton movies.
    Most hilarious Afleck.
    Worse Clooney
    Kilmer was undefined

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Best batman Bale.
    Batman closest to the comic book. The two keaton movies.
    Most hilarious Afleck.
    Worse Clooney
    Kilmer was undefined
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4edA4_XwhZc

Dark Knight... great movie
    Best Batman = Affleck for sure, best Bruce Wayne by a country mile
    Best Costume... their all great apart from the ones in Batman & Robin
    Most Hilarious/Worst... Clooney, he was terrible
    Kilmer was a waste of time. Good movie song tho
    Last edited by Joe-El; 18-11-17 at 11:58.