Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VVD - this January????

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Maybe for 35m
    40m and danny Ings .
    He needs 1st team football and will never break into the starting XI here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

They won’t want to let him go, but a big bid might tempt them.

Sad part is his price is probably +20 million for us just because they know how much we want him.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    They won’t want to let him go, but a big bid might tempt them.

Sad part is his price is probably +20 million for us just because they know how much we want him.
    I see another transfer request being sent in. They need to be more offensive and could do with attacking players.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    I see another transfer request being sent in. They need to be more offensive and could do with attacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    What like "give him a f in transfer you f in d***heads or we'll f in do you............" ?
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Wasn't worth 70m yesterday - as seen by his match rating

Van Dijk had his moments but fell asleep completely at times. Perhaps the occasion got to him. His decision to step out and attempt to mark Firmino for the second goal was unfathomable and vacated the space in behind for Salah to score.
    come on... he was just trying to help his future team stay in the title challenge
    I see nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    What like "give him a f in transfer you f in d***heads or we'll f in do you............" ?

Echo will kick-start the rumours of lavish spending in january ,
    Suppossed Itks will feed off it trying to predict done deals at a given time.,
    Fans will get excited , then more desperate as the window comes to a close , eventually leading to heartache in february.
    Money men at the echo laughing their heads off having click-baited their way to ££££££,
    John Henry takes the rap from the fans because the promised 200+ in money/ not twitter..
    Rinse/wash/repeat next summer.

Don't see us splashing 70 million

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Pep said yesterday they are after a cb in January.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Don't see us splashing 70 million
    If that's what it takes, I think we will. We clearly would have in the summer, so I expect they didn't sign anyone with the intention of holding that money back to go again in January. I don't think it will take £70m now with what's gone on and his lack of form, but I think we'll pay whatever it takes.

lol

Whilst attacking players...

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    If that's what it takes, I think we will. We clearly would have in the summer, so I expect they didn't sign anyone with the intention of holding that money back to go again in January. I don't think it will take £70m now with what's gone on and his lack of form, but I think we'll pay whatever it takes.
    Is he really the only CB in the world that we want though? Of course I'd like him here but I'm pretty sure there are good enough alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Pep said yesterday they are after a cb in January.
    They've just spent over 200 million on defenders yet still want defenders...what a laugh

Is he really the only CB in the world that we want though? Of course I'd like him here but I'm pretty sure there are good enough alternatives
    Seems like it, otherwise we'd have bought someone else in January when it's easier to do business.

They've just spent over 200 million on defenders yet still want defenders...what a laugh
    And Noel Gallagher had the cluelessness to say the other day that 'something really special is happening at City'. Wtf does he expect spending a country's budget on a football team. Such nonsense.

And Noel Gallagher had the cluelessness to say the other day that 'something really special is happening at City'. Wtf does he expect spending a country's budget on a football team. Such nonsense.
    Yeah they have well and truly bought the league back...hope they don't win the CL - can't stand that small club!

Oh & Noel Gallagher is the biggest ******** on earth!

Pep has to get credit for the way he has them playing, its very impressive in all honesty.
    Mourinho has spent close to what City have and look at the quality of football that they are serving up on a weekly basis.

good one

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    Pep has to get credit for the way he has them playing, its very impressive in all honesty.
    Mourinho has spent close to what City have and look at the quality of football that they are serving up on a weekly basis.
    That shows more what a boring, negative manager Mourinho is, than how good Pep is, for me. I have no doubts there are plenty of other managers right now who would have that United team playing much, much better football than they do.

As good as Guardiola is, I'll never give him too much credit. Defence isn't great? I'll just spend £200m on it. To me, that isn't great management, anyone could do that. When you have £50m players all over the pitch, it shouldn't be difficult to win leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    Yeah, fair enough, but how much is Pep getting paid? That whole operation is bought and paid for, there’s nothing 'special' about it imo. They’ll succeed, no doubt, but it doesn’t impress me tbh.

If something special is happening anywhere, it’s at Spurs.

That shows more what a boring, negative manager Mourinho is, than how good Pep is, for me. I have no doubts there are plenty of other managers right now who would have that United team playing much, much better football than they do.

As good as Guardiola is, I'll never give him too much credit. Defence isn't great? I'll just spend £200m on it. To me, that isn't great management, anyone could do that. When you have £50m players all over the pitch, it shouldn't be difficult to win leagues.
    Their goalkeeper has made the world of difference to the defence, hes aggressive and very tidy on the ball.
    Klopp should take note.

I can’t forget how dodgy they looked at the back in that first 20 minutes against us, it was as bad as us at times, I still maintain that game could’ve gone our way, as bad as it was at the end.

I can’t forget how dodgy they looked at the back in that first 20 minutes against us, it was as bad as us at times, I still maintain that game could’ve gone our way, as bad as it was at the end.
    Mane sending off completely killed the game. We were all over them before that

We may not have won had Mane not been sent off, but I'm confident we wouldn't have lost. Salah had Otamendi on toast and with better finishing we'd have been level at least by the point of the red card. 11 v 11 we definitely would have got something out of that game.

We may not have won had Mane not been sent off, but I'm confident we wouldn't have lost. Salah had Otamendi on toast and with better finishing we'd have been level at least by the point of the red card. 11 v 11 we definitely would have got something out of that game.
    Can't wait for them to come to Anfield, hopefully a bit of revenge!

I'm confident we can get this done.

Over the summer I predicted that Southampton would stand firm but in doing so they would spite themselves.

They sell to buy, and as a consequence they didn't buy enough this summer. As a result they are at serious risk of relegation.

I feel Southampton need a big Jan to get themselves some forwards who can score them the goals to stay up, and to do so they will have to sacrafice their stance on VVD, and maybe Bertrand as well (City are interested in Bertrand).

Yeah, Salah had him destroyed, he was on a yellow too if I remember right. It definitely would’ve been a contest.

Hard to believe how many goodchances Salah has missed really, and he’s scored so many.

Mane sending off completely killed the game. We were all over them before that
    We deffo had the better and more chances.

Yeah, Salah had him destroyed, he was on a yellow too if I remember right. It definitely would’ve been a contest.

Hard to believe how many goodchances Salah has missed really, and he’s scored so many.
    Yeah his finishing that game was very poor....seems like he's been practicing though