Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 259

Thread: VVD - this January????

  1. #181  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,775
    Praying we get him this January. It would alter our trajectory for the better.

    But I doubt we will sign anyone.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #182  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,806
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Praying we get him this January. It would alter our trajectory for the better.

    But I doubt we will sign anyone.
    I think it's very unlikely we will sign anyone in Jan.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #183  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19,574
    Not much in the media about this, not even by the usual click bait merchants.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #184  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,963
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Not much in the media about this, not even by the usual click bait merchants.
    I'm surprised more aren't pushing the idea of some kind of swap deal with Sturridge - plenty would lap that up. I reckon you could probably excite both sets of fans with that story.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #185  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,126
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I'm surprised more aren't pushing the idea of some kind of swap deal with Sturridge - plenty would lap that up. I reckon you could probably excite both sets of fans with that story.
    Plus markovic, Ings and grujic on loan.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #186  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19,574
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I'm surprised more aren't pushing the idea of some kind of swap deal with Sturridge - plenty would lap that up. I reckon you could probably excite both sets of fans with that story.
    Same here. They are struggling for goals big time as well.

    It'll be interesting to see if Klopp revisits this one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #187  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Not much in the media about this, not even by the usual click bait merchants.
    Let's hope negotiations are being done in secrecy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #188  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19,574
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Let's hope negotiations are being done in secrecy.
    Oh god, hopefully.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #189  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I'm surprised more aren't pushing the idea of some kind of swap deal with Sturridge - plenty would lap that up. I reckon you could probably excite both sets of fans with that story.
    Now there is an idea. The Southampton fans were quite up in arms in the summer, but a proposal like that could make it palatable for them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #190  
    Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,937
    Reckon he will go to Man City but hope he comes here for sure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #191  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Reckon he will go to Man City but hope he comes here for sure.
    He will win the PL at ManCity this season.

    It's a no-brainer for him, tbh, but I hope his heart rules his head and comes to Liverpool.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #192  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Reckon he will go to Man City but hope he comes here for sure.
    If he does, the money they’d have spent on their defense alone this season, would be criminal.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #193  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    If he does, the money they’d have spent on their defense alone this season, would be criminal.
    Perhaps even literally.

    I guess FFP means absolutely diddly squat these days.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #194  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,963
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Perhaps even literally.

    I guess FFP means absolutely diddly squat these days.
    Try telling QPR.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #195  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Try telling QPR.
    Fair point, but would City/PSG even care if that was them? It's double what they were both fined before but I reckon they'd have no issue paying that if it meant they could buy whoever they want, they'd just see it as some kind of 'tax'. When you're spending 300m+ a window what's another 40m?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #196  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Perhaps even literally.

    I guess FFP means absolutely diddly squat these days.
    Wouldn’t surprise me, crazy stuff.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #197  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Try telling QPR.
    They seem to go after the heavyweights alright.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #198  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Let's hope negotiations are being done in secrecy.
    Certainly not in Blackpool!!
    loyal since 1960.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #199  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,644
    No question that Man City are going more than well, but by the same token VVD cannot possibly be anything but impressed at what we are currently producing. Surely we have to at least try again in January, or do we reckon it's all gone into the too hard basket?
    loyal since 1960.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #200  
    Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    No question that Man City are going more than well, but by the same token VVD cannot possibly be anything but impressed at what we are currently producing. Surely we have to at least try again in January, or do we reckon it's all gone into the too hard basket?
    I personally think he will end up at City.

    We are certainly going well at the moment but City are a couple of steps ahead and he will see a Premier League medal almost garaunteed this season plus they have such wealth that he knows that he will be playing with a squad of absolute quality all the time with Pep as boss.

    Don’t get me wrong we are looking healthy and if he wants slightly more of a challenge then we’d be a good move also.

    Really depends on his ideas but I’d certainly hope we’d at least give it a go.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #201  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,964
    VVD status has been enhanced in the eyes of LFC fans due to him not being an LFC player. His form has been patchy and for 60mil it would still be a risk for a player who had not played in 7 months before the summer. Id prefer we sign Monolas from Roma.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #202  
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    He will win the PL at ManCity this season.

    It's a no-brainer for him, tbh, but I hope his heart rules his head and comes to Liverpool.
    This is what i dont get about the likes of arsenal city and chelsea, hes already spoken to them all and told them already that he doesn't want to go to

    their clubs. hes told them that he only wants to play for liverpool.

    Thats the main reason i guess why none of the other big guns went in hard for him when it became clear southampton would not sell him to us.

    they may be higher than us with more money but they know where he wants to go and its not to them no matter what they do. "either liverpool or no

    one"..must really annoy our rivals - that makes it even more sweet. now thats power right there...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #203  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    I personally think he will end up at City.

    We are certainly going well at the moment but City are a couple of steps ahead and he will see a Premier League medal almost garaunteed this season plus they have such wealth that he knows that he will be playing with a squad of absolute quality all the time with Pep as boss.

    Don’t get me wrong we are looking healthy and if he wants slightly more of a challenge then we’d be a good move also.

    Really depends on his ideas but I’d certainly hope we’d at least give it a go.
    To be perfectly honest, if I were in VVD's position and had to choose between City and Liverpool, I'd probably choose City.

    OK we've got Klopp, but both teams are in need of a CB (we need two, really) and they are well ahead of us in most respects. They have a far higher chance of winning trophies than us.

    But hey, if he's desperate to come here, great.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #204  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    To be perfectly honest, if I were in VVD's position and had to choose between City and Liverpool, I'd probably choose City.

    OK we've got Klopp, but both teams are in need of a CB (we need two, really) and they are well ahead of us in most respects. They have a far higher chance of winning trophies than us.

    But hey, if he's desperate to come here, great.
    You're forgetting the hard sell. City may be blah blah blah, but the manager that gets the player is the one that puts in the hard sell. I'm convinced Klopp is capable of doing so.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #205  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,806
    With gomez stepping up, depending on how he does, we may not go for a CB at all in the summer!

    Lov, matip and gomez along with klavan as back up is not bad at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #206  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,775
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    With gomez stepping up, depending on how he does, we may not go for a CB at all in the summer!

    Lov, matip and gomez along with klavan as back up is not bad at all.
    It's not bad at all.

    Unless you want to win trophies. And challenge for the league. And stop conceding so many goals away from home.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #207  
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,433
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    It's not bad at all.

    Unless you want to win trophies. And challenge for the league. And stop conceding so many goals away from home.
    The thing with van Dijk is he's so strong in the air. Not many can match him in that regard and it would certainly help us in terms of defending our weaknesses - set pieces, etc.

    van Dijk, Matip and Gomez backed up by Lovren certainly looks strong enough when compared with Stones, Otamendi, Kompany or Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger, Azpilicueta or Jones, Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #208  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    25
    Agreed, but from the, admittedly, little I have seen of him recently, VVD has not looked too impressive since his return from injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Campos View Post
    The thing with van Dijk is he's so strong in the air. Not many can match him in that regard and it would certainly help us in terms of defending our weaknesses - set pieces, etc.

    van Dijk, Matip and Gomez backed up by Lovren certainly looks strong enough when compared with Stones, Otamendi, Kompany or Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger, Azpilicueta or Jones, Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #209  
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by liobiankopite View Post
    Agreed, but from the, admittedly, little I have seen of him recently, VVD has not looked too impressive since his return from injury.
    really feel its because the man dont want to be there,

    if he does come , you wait the first time he steps ot onto a fully packed anfield pitch, got a feeling thatll bring the best out in him easily.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #210  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    really feel its because the man dont want to be there,

    if he does come , you wait the first time he steps ot onto a fully packed anfield pitch, got a feeling thatll bring the best out in him easily.
    But he's a professional, he should act like one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •