Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen Klopp is 100% responsible for this season

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    i know mate, every defeat is a disaster for some.
    IF at the end of next season there is no improvement then yh I would say maybe look elsewhere but definitely not this season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by redeyes77 View Post
    And so he should....... talking about sacking him is pathetic....... but hey it’s the modern day football fan for you
    On the contrary, supporters accepting mediocrity at Liverpool FC is pathetic.

All you need to do now is tell me this isn't Football Manager or FIFA, neither of which I have ever played.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    but the point is Klopp's tactic is running based (not saying its right or wrong) closing space ect

when the running stats drop and those spaces aren't being closed - what exactly is left?

your left with a manager and tactic which is broken and when you do not adjust, your just giving up really
    I would hope that his tactic is a bit more complex than just getting everyone to run around all night.

There was plenty of running and pressing last night. The issue is that we don't have anyone who can do anything else - including keep the ball and set the tempo.

i know mate, every defeat is a disaster for some.
    No.

Every stupid decision contributing to years of mediocrity is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Roy View Post
    Lovren was good last night.
    So do we keep him?! I'm an old git, I know but I go back to the days of Hughes, Smith, Hansen, Thommo, etc. Those players made the odd mistake - I can even remember a couple of Jocky - but their overall level and its consistency was incredible. What is so damning about this current crop of defenders is that one almost expects a mistake every match and that isn't good enough. I'm not stupid, you can't eliminate the occasional rick from any player but I want to go into a game with four defenders in whom we can trust and where it's a shock if they do something badly wrong. The philosophy that has kept Moreno at the club this season - "well, he looked ok in pre-season and he's been much better than before" - is precisely why we are a team struggling to keep up with the main PL contenders and the only English team - in by far the easiest group - to have not yet qualified from the CL group stages.

Lovren was miles out of position leading to the Nolito chance that Karius had to save.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    No.

i understand where you are coming from but whats happened in the past is completely irrelevant, can only hope that it's fixed
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    No.

Yes, exactly. It doesn't come down to one defeat. If we lose one game and win the league, no one complains. If we continue to drop points and miss our targets because of blatant mistakes from a manager too idealistic to think his coaching isn't the panacea, people will complain and will have every right to.

i understand where you are coming from but whats happened in the past is completely irrelevant, can only hope that it's fixed
    It's not irrelevant.

If we were a team that did well most years, we wouldn't be so annoyed with a one off result like this. As it stands, it's those past mistakes that are costing us repeatedly every year.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Yes, exactly. It doesn't come down to one defeat. If we lose one game and win the league, no one complains. If we continue to drop points and miss our targets because of blatant mistakes from a manager too idealistic to think his coaching isn't the panacea, people will complain and will have every right to.
    Exactly.

I'm looking forward to being told that we don't need to sign any defenders in January. Can't wait for the excuses.

I would hope that his tactic is a bit more complex than just getting everyone to run around all night.

There was plenty of running and pressing last night. The issue is that we don't have anyone who can do anything else - including keep the ball and set the tempo.
    obviously yes, its more complex than just running, i was trying to keep it simple.

Obviously running sensibly and closing certain spaces are more important than any space ect.

but when you arent actually putting that into effect on the pitch, the worry is, as you say, running for the sake of running.

That's where a more flexible manager earns his $$$$, have yet to see Klopp earn that

We all know when the press works, it works, and we see an Arsenal type 4-0 performance, but when it doesn't, sadly the effect is far more disastrous

at this moment we see the negative more than the positive

so adaptability has to be shown - game management

there will be times between games and during games where press works and doesn't work - that's when you quickly see it and adapt.

2nd half yesterday the whole world saw pressing didn't work, so a manager that earns 8mil a year, has to quickly adapt

We all slate Jose for his parking the bus, ****** hell would I of loved Klopp to do that 2nd half, we were 3-0 up and through, use your ****** brain not throw men forward and see it wasn't working, and just keep doing it
    Last edited by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983; 22-11-17 at 11:29.

no one said they cant complain, missing the point here , everyone is annoyed and i've not seen anyone on here not criticise what went on last night but there are some who never praise but alwasy criticise.

as you can tell i've never rated moreno but i at least said he's been a lot better this season, there are some on here who revel in defeats like that thats why people get annoyed, their not heard after a victory.

not saying people should be delighted with 3-0 wins over southampton but a bit more balance is needed
    Eagle Face Moron

Keita on his own won't be enough, and Klopp's putting his job further on the line unless he realises that.
    He obviously realises we are short in defence and midfield, that's why he tried to get players in during the summer.

A game like last night could be a blessing in disguise, while we didn't do any real damage to our ability to top the group a glaring spotlight has been shone on players like Moreno, Henderson and Wijnaldum.

There has to be serious surgery done to this team, especially with the expected departures of Coutinho and Can.

Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    He obviously realises we are short in defence and midfield, that's why he tried to get players in during the summer.

A game like last night could be a blessing in disguise, while we didn't do any real damage to our ability to top the group a glaring spotlight has been shone on players like Moreno, Henderson and Wijnaldum.

There has to be serious surgery done to this team, especially with the expected departures of Coutinho and Can.
    If we lose, we're out.

I know we are all on a downer this morning but i think we will get through the group stage and are capable of doing very well in the knock out phase as long as mr. klopp learns from whats happened so far. Plus the rest of the coaching staff ( who must be giving him some input ) and the owners.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Ii think we'll beat Spartak and go through but this group was really not that difficult and should have been more straight forward.

Anyway, the same problems will always be there until we rectify them in the transfer windows. Even then, I'm not totally convinced in Klopp's ability to grind results. We've done it occasionally but needs to be more often.

Anyway, first of all we need to give ourselves a chance by actually buying players worthy of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    obviously yes, its more complex than just running, i was trying to keep it simple.

Obviously running sensibly and closing certain spaces are more important than any space ect.

but when you arent actually putting that into effect on the pitch, the worry is, as you say, running for the sake of running.

That's where a more flexible manager earns his $$$$, have yet to see Klopp earn that

We all know when the press works, it works, and we see an Arsenal type 4-0 performance, but when it doesn't, sadly the effect is far more disastrous

at this moment we see the negative more than the positive

so adaptability has to be shown - game management

there will be times between games and during games where press works and doesn't work - that's when you quickly see it and adapt.

2nd half yesterday the whole world saw pressing didn't work, so a manager that earns 8mil a year, has to quickly adapt

We all slate Jose for his parking the bus, ****** hell would I of loved Klopp to do that 2nd half, we were 3-0 up and through, use your ****** brain not throw men forward and see it wasn't working, and just keep doing it
    I certainly agree that he should have adapted. I was screaming at them in the first couple of minutes of that second half that they should have been keeping the ball and slowing it down. That specifically is the issue we had last night, we can't change pace. I think we're very good at running, and we didn't stop. But there came a point when stopping running was exactly what we should have done.

I see some of your points on Moreno last night, however I think Klopp should have managed him better. Especially by taking him off after he put that needless tackle in on Mercado. Then to put our weakest defender on the near post, who suffered both with a lack of height and with a lack of any real ability, cost us the first goal.
    who says Moreno being there in the corner was Klopp's idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Ii think we'll beat Spartak and go through but this group was really not that difficult and should have been more straight forward.

Anyway, the same problems will always be there until we rectify them in the transfer windows. Even then, I'm not totally convinced in Klopp's ability to grind results. We've done it occasionally but needs to be more often.

Anyway, first of all we need to give ourselves a chance by actually buying players worthy of this club.
    you can't grind results when you have guys capable of imploding on the pitch
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    What is Klopp's job then?

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    you can't grind results when you have guys capable of imploding on the pitch
    Yeah. Still though, I feel we needed Can on earlier last night. Protect it earlier.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    It will be Klopp and the coaches that set up the players for their zonal marking positions. Seville just done their home work, wip a ball near post and ben yedder make a run in front of the first man to try and get the flick on, it worked.

he has to take blame for keeping moreno and not replacing henderson but it's down to them to know what do on a football pitch, they cost us last night not klopp.
    He decided on the squad before the window shut. He had two seasons to evaluate the players at his disposal.

The results and performances of this season are his responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    He decided on the squad before the window shut. He had two seasons to evaluate the players at his disposal.

The results and performances of this season are his responsibility.
    i've said that, but that still doesn't mean what moreno did last night is his fault , it's directly moreno's fault
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post

He thinks one man is enough, and that he's so good that we can afford to stick with Lovren and Klavan for as long as it takes to get a player in who won't solve all of our defensive problems anyway. A Liverpool manager should be ruthless, rip this defence and midfield up, and start over. He's got the fanciful notion into his head that he can coach competency into Lovren, Wijnaldum, Moreno, Klavan, Henderson. He just can't.

Also as Phil said, it does damage our ability to finish top of the group. Spartak come to Anfield knowing that any victory would take them through and knock us out. That's not acceptable as a position to be in at this stage.
    Last edited by MiraclesArePossible; 22-11-17 at 11:50.

i've said that, but that still doesn't mean what moreno did last night is his fault , it's directly moreno's fault
    So what is Klopp's responsibility then? He gets the credit when we win but the players get the can when we lose?

It's Klopp's job to organise his defence.

Quote Originally Posted by klopp in View Post
    I know we are all on a downer this morning but i think we will get through the group stage and are capable of doing very well in the knock out phase as long as mr. klopp learns from whats happened so far. Plus the rest of the coaching staff ( who must be giving him some input ) and the owners.
    The owners learn about what?

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    So what is Klopp's responsibility then? He gets the credit when we win but the players get the can when we lose?
    The problem I have with Klopp is the opposition teams keep scoring the same type of goals week in week out against us and we've done nothing at all to try and stop it. We concede more goals from dead ball situations than open play. This HAS to be rectified and quick.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Our performance in the 2nd half was inexplicable. No-one was "looking after" Banega. He should have been assigned as someone's responsibility. Especially this type of player.