Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen Klopp is 100% responsible for this season

1. #1 Klopp Jurgen Klopp is 100% responsible for this season 
    TomHighwaysM16 is online now Academy prospect
    Whatever happens during this season, whatever style we play these days and months and results that come our way are a huge reflection of Jurgen Klopp and his management. Both good and bad parts of our game.

Things repeat themselves, players keep playing the same way (looking at you midfield!) with same defects, implosions and explosions are recurrent hallmark of Klopp's era. 5 transfer windows in his tenure, squad couldn't be more "his" and enough money and time was available to fix/improve and change things.

Remember this next time you criticize players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TomHighwaysM16 View Post
    Whatever happens during this season, whatever style we play these days and months and results that come our way are a huge reflection of Jurgen Klopp and his management. Both good and bad parts of our game.

Things repeat themselves, players keep playing the same way (looking at you midfield!) with same defects, implosions and explosions are recurrent hallmark of Klopp's era. 5 transfer windows in his tenure, squad couldn't be more "his" and enough money and time was available to fix/improve and change things.

Remember this next time you criticize players.
    not allowed to say a bad word against Klopp mate not stylish

been saying it for months, but keep getting slated for it

bad transfer window, bad tactics and a massive fall in running stats = manager has lost players trust in his methods

if the players aren't even running for him which is his prime tactic, they've given up

he has to take blame for keeping moreno and not replacing henderson but it's down to them to know what do on a football pitch, they cost us last night not klopp.
    Eagle Face Moron

and to be fair the manager is always responsible , that's just the nature of it, not always his fault though.

i suppose by your logic , klopp asked moreno to fling the game?
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    he has to take blame for keeping moreno and not replacing henderson but it's down to them to know what do on a football pitch, they cost us last night not klopp.
    Klopp and the whole team need to take responsibility for last night's result.

All of the players did well in the first half. It was a joy to watch. Our backline were dominant, our midfielders mopped up the second balls, retained possession and kept things simple. Our attackers were sublime and at times unplayable.

In the second half we didn't defend from the front, took our foot off the gas, let Sevilla have easy possession and made individual errors.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Like any manager, he is judged by his results. So far they're worse than last season so lets see where it all ends.

I was absolutely thrilled that we got him and I want so badly for it to work; for him to stay and make us a genuine success.

But:

- seems unwilling to address our weaknesses; lack of strength and hold in midfield, poor defence both personnel and organisation
    - seems unable to see some players just aren't up to it
    - or believes (mistakenly) he can coach them to become great players
    - doesn't seem able to exert influence during a game. Last night was a classic - and terrible - example of that.
    - I don't understand the reluctance to play Sturridge, Solanke, Grujic, Robertson at least as subs with more time

I would be delighted beyond words to have this post shoved back in my face at the end of this season or even next. I confess, I've got a feeling it won't.

Needed to make changes in the last 10 minutes to stop the
    Sevilla attacks and didn't do it. What the heck.
    Had fresh legs who could run around and didn't bring them on.
    Jurgen cost us the win today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by landofoz View Post
    Needed to make changes in the last 10 minutes to stop the
    Sevilla attacks and didn't do it. What the heck.
    Had fresh legs who could run around and didn't bring them on.
    Jurgen cost us the win today!!!!
    With some help from Moreno!!!

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Like any manager, he is judged by his results. So far they're worse than last season so lets see where it all ends.
    So far he's not doing his job properly. He actively has to change the way he's managing the team.

and to be fair the manager is always responsible , that's just the nature of it, not always his fault though.

i suppose by your logic , klopp asked moreno to fling the game?
    Nope, it is not that. Moreno didn't make a lot of mistakes this season so hard to blame Klopp on that. Though Moreno defending first goalpost while he is one of the shortest defenders is Klopp's fault.

What Klopp is to blame is the nature of our midfield, the lack of possession and ball playing footballers in that really important part of the team. And that's why we lose games like these.

i've criticised klopp earlier on in the season and to be fair he made slight tweaks for recent games and we've had good results a lot of the klopp out brigade forget that.

just answer one question, if moreno doesn't lose his mind and literally hand sevilla a way back into the game last night, do you think we'd be sitting talking about flinging a 3 goal lead away? i highly doubt it
    Eagle Face Moron

Nope, it is not that. Moreno didn't make a lot of mistakes this season so hard to blame Klopp on that. Though Moreno defending first goalpost while he is one of the shortest defenders is Klopp's fault.

What Klopp is to blame is the nature of our midfield, the lack of possession and ball playing footballers in that really important part of the team. And that's why we lose games like these.
    Klopp is also to blame for the fact that Moreno is still here.

The more time passes, the manager's responsibility increases (and influence).

his height wasn't the issue , it's his lack of awareness and letting ben yedder across him so easily.
    Eagle Face Moron

Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal also have a worse points tally this season than at the same point last season.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Klopp is also to blame for the fact that Moreno is still here.
    100%, that what im most annoyed at him for.
    Eagle Face Moron

his height wasn't the issue , it's his lack of awareness and letting ben yedder across him so easily.
    Not wanting to pollute the thread with "what happened last night" 'cos the point I'd like is more of longer term issue/qualities. Moreno is still short and I personally wouldn't put short players defending goalposts.

100%, that what im most annoyed at him for.
    I see some of your points on Moreno last night, however I think Klopp should have managed him better. Especially by taking him off after he put that needless tackle in on Mercado. Then to put our weakest defender on the near post, who suffered both with a lack of height and with a lack of any real ability, cost us the first goal.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal also have a worse points tally this season than at the same point last season.
    They do, which is why Conte's job was on the line 3 games into the season and continues to be.

Tottenham's results in all competitions are identical to last season.

They do, which is why Conte's job was on the line 3 games into the season and continues to be.

And they've just finished top of a CL group with Real Madrid and Dortmund in it.

That second half capitulation wasn’t good, Sevilla again.

To be 3-0 up and in control and then within 45 minutes be dismantled is very, very frustrating. Our decent run of games, regardless of opposition, was built on solidity and Salah’s goals. To dry up so quickly and in that fashion must have made Klopp sick.

Would anyone have predicted they’d fold so badly? C’mon, only those wanting to find any opportunity. Klopp and the team were confident of continuing the roll. It’s inexcusable what our midfield and for that matter our front trio, delivered, apart from Moreno, all the defenders and Karius did pretty good.

To have been put under so much pressure by those in the middle who just seemed aimless and legless surely didn’t do Klopp and his defenders any favours. I can’t fathom how everything went pear shaped so quickly. Extremely disappointing.

The seasons not lost, the players who can produce but have limitations, need to dig in. Moreno must be devastated, before this game he was seen by some as a miracle man, a game later and he’s typical Alberto - I feel for him.

We all know, Klopp knows, he’ll, everyone knows that we need more quality. We’ve shown we can get results, need to keep it up until reinforcements arrive. I have faith in Jurgen and his group to get us a Champions League spot again and a further run in Europe. Tonight’s draw, a bitterly disappointing one, needs to be reflected on and then just move on.

Next game.

Of course the manager is responsible for results and performances of the team, however, the players are responsible for their own individual performance.

Nope. They were on 24 points after 12 PL games last season.

On Conte, wasn't his job on the line after six games last season?

I see some of your points on Moreno last night, however I think Klopp should have managed him better. Especially by taking him off after he put that needless tackle in on Mercado. Then to put our weakest defender on the near post, who suffered both with a lack of height and with a lack of any real ability, cost us the first goal.
    i'm not letting klopp off scot free, why sign andy robertson to completely leave hgim out when the Left back is not reliable , baffling decision, but as bad as moreno is , i can't quite believe how catastrophic his errors were last night, it really was the worst i've seen
    Eagle Face Moron

And they've just finished top of a CL group with Real Madrid and Dortmund in it.
    I'm still pretty sure we'll qualify and top our group but it is very concerning that, of all the English clubs, we really did have the least competitive one and yet the other four teams have already qualified from theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Of course the manager is responsible for results and performances of the team, however, the players are responsible for their own individual performance.
    Ha, well, if a player is giving you 100% for few years and that's not what you are happy with, maybe it's not the player's fault? Your view suffers from the same issue like Klopp's view - blind trust that some players can improve with time or they are good enough. If a player is not good enough over longer period and he is not very young, there is very little you can do except replacing him with the one that is. On time preferably.

Henderson and Wijnaldum are playing like this for years. That only means Klopp is happy with them or he has gone bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I'm still pretty sure we'll qualify and top our group but it is very concerning that, of all the English clubs, we really did have the least competitive one and yet the other four teams have already qualified from theirs.
    The only team we've beaten since we qualified is Maribor. Now unless we add Spartak to that list we either finish second or go out completely. It's just not good enough.

i'm not too disappointed by our results in the PL even though they have been frustrating but failure to beat spartak and sevilla has really got to me
    Eagle Face Moron

The only team we've beaten since we qualified is Maribor. Now unless we add Spartak to that list we either finish second or go out completely. It's just not good enough.
    Spot on.