Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Enter at your own risk and all that sinister shizzle.
    These spiders down here are massive, lucky we have brave mods and their ban hammers.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    The neighbour will be looking for his dog, then.
    I only do the dog thing as a hobby, for fun, the neighbour will be looking for his family in this instance. The Gods of Grenny are very demanding

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Soooooo, cold!

Basements must be the same the world over, mine looks straight out of Evil Dead.

I think we all thought it at the time, now, he's looking more and more like the bargain of the Transfer Window, especially not having to rely solely on Mane on the opposite side.
    I never worry too much about fees tbh, but he has proven to be a remarkable signing like you say, best business of the summer market, incredible scoring rate

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Soooooo, cold!

Basements must be the same the world over, mine looks straight out of Evil Dead.

I think we all thought it at the time, now, he's looking more and more like the bargain of the Transfer Window, especially not having to rely solely on Mane on the opposite side.
    Not to blow my own trumpet (ok, well maybe I AM doing just that), but I genuinely believed Salah was a bargain at 36m .. when we were first linked with him, I wanted him signed at any cost .. one wonders what we would get for him right now, considering inflated transfer fees .. and, if he continues this trajectory for the rest of the season, I reckon we would get more for him then we would for Coutinho. Having said that, if we accepted ANY offer for him, I would **** myself, because he is nigh on irreplaceable already.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    bless mate, i remember once not paying for about 2 years and still being able to post lol

sort it out Mods !!
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I only do the dog thing as a hobby, for fun, the neighbour will be looking for his family in this instance. The Gods of Grenny are very demanding

I never worry too much about fees tbh, but he has proven to be a remarkable signing like you say, best business of the summer market, incredible scoring rate
    I don't think anyone expected he would be so good. Only complaint would be that he's not quite as clinical as he should be but that's a very minor observation, as long as he gets himself into the right positions, as he is doing, I don't mind him missing a few sitters as long as he bags a few in the meantime.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    I have just made a blood sacrifice in that hope and in your honour....

Salah, rather handy isn't he indeed! Frighteningly good so far, still, he cost a few pounds too much IMO
    He's no Voronin.

He's no Voronin.
    Apparently, if you straightened Mo's hair, it would reach from Toxteth to Luxor .. Voronin is envious, very very envious.

Not to blow my own trumpet (ok, well maybe I AM doing just that), but I genuinely believed Salah was a bargain at 36m .. when we were first linked with him, I wanted him signed at any cost .. one wonders what we would get for him right now, considering inflated transfer fees .. and, if he continues this trajectory for the rest of the season, I reckon we would get more for him then we would for Coutinho. Having said that, if we accepted ANY offer for him, I would **** myself, because he is nigh on irreplaceable already.
    I was genuinely worried that he might not be up to the pace and our luck buying from Italians hasn't been great in the past.

Yeah, you look at that forward line now and it looks tasty and Salah is a big piece of that in that he frees other people up when in some games last season you could make us ineffective by shutting down Mane or Coutinho. We just need to keep everyone fit and get our back half of the team sorted. He's so good even when teams are trying to mark him out, such control in tight spaces.

If we even entertain any bids for him at this point, there will be a riot.

He's no Voronin.
    Exactly, Voronin's hair was so lovely too

Exactly, Voronin's hair was so lovely too
    Mo has nice hair,it's like a fluffy little mop.

Could you not just have paid with a different card?

Mo has nice hair,it's like a fluffy little mop.
    i remember when coutinho had hair like that...and smiled (Edit: I meant Coutinho smiled, not me smiling while remembering his hair!)

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    i remember when coutinho had hair like that...and smiled (Edit: I meant Coutinho smiled, not me smiling while remembering his hair!)
    He was so cute.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Morning Kal .. yep, I have actually given up now .. if they help me and respond, then they do .. if they don't, they don't. Scary how utterly incompetent they all are though. Customer service, my ass.

Onwards and upwards in terms of footie though .. I thought we were very good last night, great away performance. Salah is incredible.
    aye, when it first happened to me spent hours on the phone trying to get through only to find out they don't deal with it, theres a seperate online team that can only be reached through the email function... still took about a week though, pita.

not sure what to make of last night tbh. good that we got the result and stood up to them. bad that we kept lumping balls forward with no direction for the most part, felt a bit sorry for solanke feeding on scraps. and the less said about midfield the better. as for mo, phew.. a diamond.

The neighbour will be looking for his dog, then.

didn't realise so many people had basements! i have never had one...had lofts instead

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    didn't realise so many people had basements! i have never had one...had lofts instead
    You've really missed out, DS.

Basements are great for hiding stuff away that you don't want people to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    Could you not just have paid with a different card?
    I have tried on numerous occasions to do exactly that, SP .. but every time I go to the payment point, I get an Error 500 message, and so I do not even get to the point where I have to enter card details .. have tried logging out and in more times then I care to mention, have even shut down my computer and rebooted, have sent messages to 'customer services' (who do not even get back to me), have tried to address it via the mods .. and here I still sit, 6 weeks later with no luck, no suggestions, no membership.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    aye, when it first happened to me spent hours on the phone trying to get through only to find out they don't deal with it, theres a seperate online team that can only be reached through the email function... still took about a week though, pita.

not sure what to make of last night tbh. good that we got the result and stood up to them. bad that we kept lumping balls forward with no direction for the most part, felt a bit sorry for solanke feeding on scraps. and the less said about midfield the better. as for mo, phew.. a diamond.

I thought last night was a professional performance, Kal .. aside from that one moment of madness from Mignolet, I do not recall Stoke threatening our goal with any real intent .. the bottom line is that we are an exceptionally difficult team to beat .. Man City was a once-off as far as I am concerned, and our only really poor performance of the season was away at Spurs (and maybe the Leicester cup game) .. and all this despite us having a poor midfield, which I am starting to believe is even more problematic then our defence. Having said that, with Keita coming in and Klopp hopefully addressing our CB's either in January or in the summer, I think we are very much on the right track. Oh, just the one other thing - Mignolet - the dude inspires fear, I swear, as against confidence. I am not comfortable with anything about the guy .. would like to see him dropped and Karius given an extended run in the side - if that doesn't work out, sell them both and bring in some real quality there. Having Mignolet as our first choice keeper does not sit well with me.

I have tried on numerous occasions to do exactly that, SP .. but every time I go to the payment point, I get an Error 500 message, and so I do not even get to the point where I have to enter card details .. have tried logging out and in more times then I care to mention, have even shut down my computer and rebooted, have sent messages to 'customer services' (who do not even get back to me), have tried to address it via the mods .. and here I still sit, 6 weeks later with no luck, no suggestions, no membership.
    Happened to me years ago. I merely gave up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Happened to me years ago. I merely gave up eventually.
    Yep, I have to say that I am done trying to sort it out. If they come back to me and fix things, ok .. if they don't, **** 'em.

You've really missed out, DS.

Basements are great for hiding stuff away that you don't want people to know about.
    Like wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    bless mate, i remember once not paying for about 2 years and still being able to post lol

sort it out Mods !!
    LOVE your post in the Stoke post match thread, Ayles. You da man!

Have you considered tweeting Donald about this? This is surely the sort of thing hed jump all over. The plight of the forgotten man is his bread and butter.

I thought last night was a professional performance, Kal .. aside from that one moment of madness from Mignolet, I do not recall Stoke threatening our goal with any real intent .. the bottom line is that we are an exceptionally difficult team to beat .. Man City was a once-off as far as I am concerned, and our only really poor performance of the season was away at Spurs (and maybe the Leicester cup game) .. and all this despite us having a poor midfield, which I am starting to believe is even more problematic then our defence. Having said that, with Keita coming in and Klopp hopefully addressing our CB's either in January or in the summer, I think we are very much on the right track. Oh, just the one other thing - Mignolet - the dude inspires fear, I swear, as against confidence. I am not comfortable with anything about the guy .. would like to see him dropped and Karius given an extended run in the side - if that doesn't work out, sell them both and bring in some real quality there. Having Mignolet as our first choice keeper does not sit well with me.
    reported - off topic

ha ha ha ha ha ha
    dont look back in anger.

LOVE your post in the Stoke post match thread, Ayles. You da man!
    ah shucks cheers
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Have you considered tweeting Donald about this? This is surely the sort of thing he’d jump all over. The plight of the forgotten man is his bread and butter.
    Trump or Duck?

Trump or Duck?
    is there a difference?

is there a difference?
    Good point

is there a difference?
    Good point
    Although, to be fair Donald gets into far deeper waters than ducks ever could