Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

Please will someone tell Fowi in his thread of 'the same player for the 10 outfield positions' that my choice would be between Franz Beckenbauer and Graeme Souness. For me, they were cut from the same cloth .. brilliant at attacking, defending and leading. I would probably go for Souness though, for two reasons:

1. He was more of an attacking threat then Beckenbauer.
    2. He was a Liverpool player, so I have natural bias - possibly our greatest ever midfielder.

People talk of a team of Carraghers .. for me, a team of Souness'es would be very, very hard to beat.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Please will someone tell Fowi in his thread of 'the same player for the 10 outfield positions' that my choice would be between Franz Beckenbauer and Graeme Souness. For me, they were cut from the same cloth .. brilliant at attacking, defending and leading. I would probably go for Souness though, for two reasons:

2. He was a Liverpool player, so I have natural bias - possibly our greatest ever midfielder.

People talk of a team of Carraghers .. for me, a team of Souness'es would be very, very hard to beat.

Thanks
    Never!

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider

Thanks
    dont look back in anger.

Thanks
    This could be a highly entertaining thread

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Never!
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    This could be a highly entertaining thread
    It certainly has potential, Mr redhoops.

I wanted to ask - have you tied the knot yet, or the deed still to be done?

Thanks welshy!!

Hello, Mr. Malema

It certainly has potential, Mr redhoops.

I wanted to ask - have you tied the knot yet, or the deed still to be done?
    Exactly 92 hours away mate . Yes I'm counting down

All the best to you and your soon-to-be wife redhoops. I hope the day goes brilliantly for you both and you enjoy a wonderful future together in health and happiness.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    You mad impetuous fool.

Excellent!! I shall be sending you good tidings from down South for a really special day - you deserve only good things, my friend!

Firstly grenny, my apologies for not having posted earlier in this thread, what a ridiculous set of circumstances. Disgraceful, and stupid.

Administration, HA! - how can you soar with eagles when you’re surrounded by turkeys.

Fear not, as many updates and discussion topics as you like

The countdown is well and truly on....good luck and enjoy hoops!

Good luck Hoops. Its sure to be a day to remember so make sure to enjoy every minute.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Firstly grenny, my apologies for not having posted earlier in this thread, what a ridiculous set of circumstances. Disgraceful, and stupid.

Administration, HA! - how can you soar with eagles when you’re surrounded by turkeys.

Fear not, as many updates and discussion topics as you like
    Hello my mate!

Am not holding my breath regarding LFC's customer services .. I sent them an official query over a week ago and have heard absolutely nothing, incredible how useless they are. Other posters like Rhoscoch have had a similar thing happen to them, and it never got sorted at all. Pretty poor form for one of the giants of world football.

Seems like my stay in purgatory may well last the proverbial lifetime which is sad as I cannot contribute to the football forums at all, other then by sending responses from here, and it is not fair on anyone to expect them to be my 'messenger' in this regard. At least I still have this thread available to me to chat to the people I have formed relationships with over the years.

Looking forward to us keeping the momentum going at B&HA tomorrow .. I think we will have too much for them, and am predicting a 2-0 win. Will certainly be interesting to see what team Herr Klopp picks, as he is clearly using the squad to it's max currently .. not a bad thing, considering the fact we have 9 games to play in the next 4 weeks.

I will gladly pay your subscription until you get it sorted out. How is that possible though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I will gladly pay your subscription until you get it sorted out. How is that possible though?
    We'll all chip in, pay for 'a grenny'

Saying that, too many bank details will blow the admin minds based on the fact they can't resolve one individuals issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    That is very generous of you, Cull .. as Welshy says though, I very much doubt it is possible, considering they cannot even assist me .. all I have to do is enter my new credit card details but, considering no-one is even coming back to me from customer services, I have no clue on how to proceed. I do appreciate the gesture though

Saying that, too many bank details will blow the admin minds based on the fact they can't resolve one individuals issue
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I've seen a fair bit of ....service in my time, sometimes appalling.

Still if you want to crack a smile I e-mailed one online bookseller and asked if they'd do a discount for ordering in quantity and they e-mailed back saying their prices were already as low as they could get them - yeah, EIGHT the minimum, and I think they put the postage costs in that so BS, absolute BS (and that isn't BookSeller)

Still you do get some decent sorts appreciate what customer service means, refunds without quibbles or try to help you rather than dictate their terms.

Worst of course could be PC World when I bought a PC, it blew out the power supply within a few months and when I took it in their techtw.ats charged me 80+ despite it being inside warranty by a country mile (got it back eventually) They then made me travel back and forth whilst they tried to fix it, never worked properly again as I figured it wouldn't until one day an evening manager knocked it over and could see what was wrong with it. Sadly the law doesn't really back the consumer, that they can try and fix it rather than replace it means you get damaged goods, can go without the item while they po.nce about not to mention the time spent back and forth when it should be time spent using said item.

Sad that this lot can't sort you out quicker.
    Christ, you could have replaced it for less yourself! Never mind that being covered by the warrenty you shouldn't have been charged a bean.

I tried getting them muppets to repair my PS3 when it went under, around 2 months later and 50 quid down they failed to fix it and I had to buy a new one anyway. I thought it was just a ****** money making scheme by them.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

I could auction off my 1966 WC poster, and all my All Black shirts… and my stash of bitcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I could auction off my 1966 WC poster, and all my All Black shirts… and my stash of bitcoins.
    I'll take those thanks .. please send your banking details immediately, and I will do an EFT .. as long as I get them at the same price you paid for them 10 years ago. Thanks in advance.

Such good hearted souls in here, some good has come of grenny's needless purgatory, though crypto currency is a mystery to me Dave!

Such good hearted souls in here, some good has come of grenny's needless purgatory, though crypto currency is a mystery to me Dave!
    me too, mate. All these Coca-Cola, Google and FaceBook share documents take up far too much space in the spare room, as well.

I'll take those thanks .. please send your banking details immediately, and I will do an EFT .. as long as I get them at the same price you paid for them 10 years ago. Thanks in advance.
    No problem. I'll have my Swiss Bankers onto it first thing in the morning.

me too, mate. All these Coca-Cola, Google and FaceBook share documents take up far too much space in the spare room, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KeemI View Post
    Hello, Mr. Malema

How goes it, Mr. Fayose?

How goes it, Mr. Fayose?
    Very good man. Glad to see our man Salah doing good and got a feeling that team could shock a lot of people going into the latter stages of the season.

I don't know you Grenny as I am new to these forums, but have enjoyed reading your posts.

The job description "Customer Services" should be banned from the English language, as the one thing they never seem to supply is a service. I am sick and tired of listening to pre-recorded messages telling me how important my call is to them, but they are experiencing an abnormally high volume of calls at the moment. What nonsense, if my call is that important then they should employ sufficient staff to answer it. If I am lucky enough to eventually get put through to an "advisor" it is rare that he or she can solve the problem, and they never, ever, ring back.

On another topic, I successfully deal with double glazing, insulation and other such calls by telling them I am very interested in their products, (even though I already have them) as I understand that the sales caller gets a bonus for every successful call they make. Then when the reps. come around to discuss my requirements, they are told that I am not interested, but that every time they ring me, I am going to waste their company's time, and hopefully money, by telling them I am very interested. Amazing how quickly companies who have frequently called me, stop, once they have had to pay their sales caller's bonus, and had their reps. time wasted.

Unfortunately, it seems that L.F.C. are infected with the same culture. Hope you get your problem resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KeemI View Post
    Very good man. Glad to see our man Salah doing good and got a feeling that team could shock a lot of people going into the latter stages of the season.
    Absolutely, Keem's, I agree. Salah has been a monster, long may it continue! Am really looking forward to seeing if we address any key areas of our squad come January too.

Quote Originally Posted by liobiankopite View Post
    I don't know you Grenny as I am new to these forums, but have enjoyed reading your posts.

The job description "Customer Services" should be banned from the English language, as the one thing they never seem to supply is a service. I am sick and tired of listening to pre-recorded messages telling me how important my call is to them, but they are experiencing an abnormally high volume of calls at the moment. What nonsense, if my call is that important then they should employ sufficient staff to answer it. If I am lucky enough to eventually get put through to an "advisor" it is rare that he or she can solve the problem, and they never, ever, ring back.

On another topic, I successfully deal with double glazing, insulation and other such calls by telling them I am very interested in their products, (even though I already have them) as I understand that the sales caller gets a bonus for every successful call they make. Then when the reps. come around to discuss my requirements, they are told that I am not interested, but that every time they ring me, I am going to waste their company's time, and hopefully money, by telling them I am very interested. Amazing how quickly companies who have frequently called me, stop, once they have had to pay their sales caller's bonus, and had their reps. time wasted.

Unfortunately, it seems that L.F.C. are infected with the same culture. Hope you get your problem resolved soon.
    Hi liobiankopite, thanks for the message.

That strategy for dealing with unwanted sales calls is classic, I am actually going to try it out at some point, although I shall reserve it for those who call at inappropriate times, like evenings, etc.

I'm not holding my breath in terms of getting it sorted, and you are right - service seems to be in short supply globally, a lot of talk most of the time with little action .. as at time of writing this, I have still not been contacted, even though I sent in my request over a week ago (for the second time - the first time I raised the issue was 6 weeks ago), and they quote that 'you will be contacted within 48 hours'. Shocking service - it seems they genuinely could not give a ****, which is really disappointing when you have such a vested interest (as a diehard Liverpool supporter) in those supposedly giving you the service.

I have never heard of your nick before - Liobian - and never knew what it meant so I did a search and I see it is a High School Old Boys club, which means you are a proud (and I would imagine born and bred) Scouser. I am actually South African but my Dad was born and raised in Liverpool .. nice to meet you, and a belated welcome to the forums.