Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

1. #1 Default Hello 
    Hello

I have been banned from posting in the paid football sections due to having committed the serious crime of my credit card not going through when the subscription was due. I have been placed in purgatory by the 'customer service' division of Liverpool Football Club (I use the term 'customer service' VERY loosely, as I am a customer yet I have received NO service whatsoever from this incredibly busy division of the club, despite pleading with puppy dog eyes for their assistance) and I am quite bored - yet frustrated by it all - at the same time.

In order to maintain some semblance of sanity, I have started this thread in the hope that a few of my mates from the paid sections will meander in here from time to time so that I can verbally joust with them on the goings on in football, despite this being an 'Off-topic' forum. In order to bypass the fact that this is supposed to be only for non-football related things, I have engaged Section 4B of the International Social media Act of 1885 which states, interalia, that 'No person shall be forced to suffer the indignity of being banished from any social media platform through no fault of their own, and may rightfully start or join any forum in which other users venture from time to time, in order to engage in general banter, including but not limited to footballing matters and other subjects of general interest'. Notwithstanding the fact that Liverpool FC seem to view my money as tainted in some way (possibly to do with the corrupt dealings of the ANC in South Africa, together with such luminary companies as KPMG, McKinsey, and this possibly could have rubbed off on me), I have still decided to remain a supporter of the club, in the main because I could not erase the tattoo I had done on my arm in January 2017 reflecting my support for the club. Had I been able to remove said inking, I would readily have had a Man United tattoo done and become a member of Red Cafe instead. Oh how I would have celebrated the eternal runt Lingard's goal last night! Alas, it wasn't to be, and so I shall just have to content myself with salad's hat trick tonight against Stoke.

Anyway, would be nice to see some familiar faces in here whilst the subscription gets itself sorted .. judging by my previous efforts, this thread will get to about 8,906 pages before that happens :roll eyes:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

You sound like you could use a little colour in your life grenny158. Here's hoping you're not feeling lonely for long.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    I just checked the feedback section and it's six weeks since you were last able to post in the paid section.
    Bit **** that.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Hello

I have been banned from posting in the paid football sections due to having committed the serious crime of my credit card not going through when the subscription was due. I have been placed in purgatory by the 'customer service' division of Liverpool Football Club (I use the term 'customer service' VERY loosely, as I am a customer yet I have received NO service whatsoever from this incredibly busy division of the club, despite pleading with puppy dog eyes for their assistance) and I am quite bored - yet frustrated by it all - at the same time.

In order to maintain some semblance of sanity, I have started this thread in the hope that a few of my mates from the paid sections will meander in here from time to time so that I can verbally joust with them on the goings on in football, despite this being an 'Off-topic' forum. In order to bypass the fact that this is supposed to be only for non-football related things, I have engaged Section 4B of the International Social media Act of 1885 which states, interalia, that 'No person shall be forced to suffer the indignity of being banished from any social media platform through no fault of their own, and may rightfully start or join any forum in which other users venture from time to time, in order to engage in general banter, including but not limited to footballing matters and other subjects of general interest'. Notwithstanding the fact that Liverpool FC seem to view my money as tainted in some way (possibly to do with the corrupt dealings of the ANC in South Africa, together with such luminary companies as KPMG, McKinsey, and this possibly could have rubbed off on me), I have still decided to remain a supporter of the club, in the main because I could not erase the tattoo I had done on my arm in January 2017 reflecting my support for the club. Had I been able to remove said inking, I would readily have had a Man United tattoo done and become a member of Red Cafe instead. Oh how I would have celebrated the eternal runt Lingard's goal last night! Alas, it wasn't to be, and so I shall just have to content myself with salad's hat trick tonight against Stoke.

Anyway, would be nice to see some familiar faces in here whilst the subscription gets itself sorted .. judging by my previous efforts, this thread will get to about 8,906 pages before that happens :roll eyes:
    super mo is still scoring

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I just checked the feedback section and it's six weeks since you were last able to post in the paid section.
    Bit **** that.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    super mo is still scoring

The man is a genius. Not sure why some posters are waiting for the bubble to burst. It won't. Brilliant player, entirely predictable that he would be this good.
    Last edited by grenny158; 29-11-17 at 23:30.

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    You sound like you could use a little colour in your life grenny158. Here's hoping you're not feeling lonely for long.
    Lonely, not so much .. wanting to talk about Liverpool? Much

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Bit **** that.
    I've seen a fair bit of ....service in my time, sometimes appalling.

Still if you want to crack a smile I e-mailed one online bookseller and asked if they'd do a discount for ordering in quantity and they e-mailed back saying their prices were already as low as they could get them - yeah, EIGHT the minimum, and I think they put the postage costs in that so BS, absolute BS (and that isn't BookSeller)

Still you do get some decent sorts appreciate what customer service means, refunds without quibbles or try to help you rather than dictate their terms.

Worst of course could be PC World when I bought a PC, it blew out the power supply within a few months and when I took it in their techtw.ats charged me 80+ despite it being inside warranty by a country mile (got it back eventually) They then made me travel back and forth whilst they tried to fix it, never worked properly again as I figured it wouldn't until one day an evening manager knocked it over and could see what was wrong with it. Sadly the law doesn't really back the consumer, that they can try and fix it rather than replace it means you get damaged goods, can go without the item while they po.nce about not to mention the time spent back and forth when it should be time spent using said item.

Sad that this lot can't sort you out quicker.
    Last edited by Jannno; 29-11-17 at 23:42.
    People will believe what they want to believe

you know you can post not only in the cricket thread but the unpaid section, right.......?

Might have to put up with some of the negative ninnies and trolls in it, but I'd say it's not soooo different to the paid section having read some of the stuff in there.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I've seen a fair bit of .... service in my time, sometimes appalling.

Still if you want to crack a smile I e-mailed one online bookseller and asked if they'd do a discount for ordering in quantity and they e-mailed back saying their prices were already as low as they could get them - yeah, EIGHT the minimum, and I think they put the postage costs in that so BS, absolute BS (and that isn't BookSeller)

Still you do get some decent sorts appreciate what customer service means, refunds without quibbles or try to help you rather than dictate their terms.

Worst of course could be PC World when I bought a PC, it blew out the power supply within a few months and when I took it in their techtw.ats charged me 80+ despite it being inside warranty by a country mile (got it back eventually) They then made me travel back and forth whilst they tried to fix it, never worked properly again as I figured it wouldn't until one day an evening manager knocked it over and could see what was wrong with it. Sadly the law doesn't really back the consumer, that they can try and fix it rather than replace it means you get damaged goods, can go without the item while they po.nce about not to mention the time spent back and forth when it should be time spent using said item.

Sad that this lot can't sort you out quicker.
    Customer service is almost always down to the manager / owner of a business. Generally speaking, I find service lacking almost everywhere, especially irl in South Africa.
    Last edited by Jannno; 29-11-17 at 23:43.

you know you can post not only in the cricket thread but the unpaid section, right.......?

Might have to put up with some of the negative ninnies and trolls in it, but I'd say it's not soooo different to the paid section having read some of the stuff in there.
    Yep, I do know .. but I know virtually no-one there, where I am familiar with most in the paid forums, and it is those that I have been reading in the recent past.

I'm sorry to hear that your creative outpourings have been temporarily curtailed grenny158, and I'm genuinely glad you're not lonely (my bad).

Anyway I hope your difficulties can be resolved soon and you can get back to posting about your beloved LFC a.s.a.p..

I've seen a fair bit of ....service in my time, sometimes appalling.

And the police have been no help with this?

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    wondered why it was quiet

on a serious note gren, i found using customer services when the card goes out the window a pain in the butt. you would be better served using the email part of the help faq's.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    wondered why it was quiet

on a serious note gren, i found using customer services when the card goes out the window a pain in the butt. you would be better served using the email part of the help faq's.
    Morning Kal .. yep, I have actually given up now .. if they help me and respond, then they do .. if they don't, they don't. Scary how utterly incompetent they all are though. Customer service, my ass.

Onwards and upwards in terms of footie though .. I thought we were very good last night, great away performance. Salah is incredible.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Grenny.... taps foot.... becomes pensive in deep thought.....scratches chin

nope nothing, not a jot

who are you ?

dont look back in anger.

This is an outrage, a 6 week outrage no less

Mods, help the poor man, before he's lost in purgatory forever and all we'll see are echo letters forming vague whispered sentences

What's that I hear on the wind?

Grenny's trapped cries

Please help now and release this man from the Deadlands, call....G-R-08124-EN666-Y-918

Seriously though, what a **** service!

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

Mods, help the poor man, before he's lost in purgatory forever and all we'll see are echo letters forming vague whispered sentences

Grenny's trapped cries

Please help now and release this man from the Deadlands, call....G-R-08124-EN666-Y-918

Worse than Avon.

Hello

So us lot down here in the cheap seats not good enough for you anymore, man?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I like to see off topic and more of a poorly lit basement with a persistent dripping pipe as background noise.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I like to see off topic and more of a poorly lit basement with a persistent dripping pipe as background noise.
    text blanket to 70007, we need em down here
    dont look back in anger.

I didn't know you'd been around to our house, mate.

Enter at your own risk and all that sinister shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Grenny.... taps foot.... becomes pensive in deep thought.....scratches chin

nope nothing, not a jot

who are you ?

Grenny's trapped cries

Hello welshy, my old mate!!

Thanks for your plaintive wails which, added to my own, will surely bring the wrath of the gods to bear upon customer services.

We shall see.

In other news, Salah is quite good, hey!

You are more then good enough for me, Dave my Southern Hemispherean brother .. However, our convo's have always been non-footie related as, despite being a multi-billionaire (in Zimbabwean dollars) you have steadfastly refused to join us in the paid footie forums where I usually chat about all things related to our fine, on-a-particularly-good-run-at-the-moment football club.

I am more then willing to engage you here on any topic, including but not limited to the South Australian Dingo bat, a small, rodent like creature which has wings for flight yet chooses to walk at a sedentary rate like an octogenarian.

Hello welshy, my old mate!!

Thanks for your plaintive wails which, added to my own, will surely bring the wrath of the gods to bear upon customer services.

We shall see.

In other news, Salah is quite good, hey!
    I have just made a blood sacrifice in that hope and in your honour....

Salah, rather handy isn't he indeed! Frighteningly good so far, still, he cost a few pounds too much IMO

You are more then good enough for me, Dave my Southern Hemispherean brother .. However, our convo's have always been non-footie related as, despite being a multi-billionaire (in Zimbabwean dollars) you have steadfastly refused to join us in the paid footie forums where I usually chat about all things related to our fine, on-a-particularly-good-run-at-the-moment football club.

I am more then willing to engage you here on any topic, including but not limited to the South Australian Dingo bat, a small, rodent like creature which has wings for flight yet chooses to walk at a sedentary rate like an octogenarian.
    Well, of course i'd love to join all you rich gits in the posh seats… but all my funds are tied up… in penury.

Regarding the South Australian Dingo Bat, I'm afraid I have to report that it has recently become extinct, due to the Australian Cricket Board serving the last survivors of the species as 'exotic cuts' in the barbecue to welcome the English Cricket Team.

Salah, rather handy isn't he indeed! Frighteningly good so far, still, he cost a few pounds too much IMO
    The neighbour will be looking for his dog, then.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    text blanket to 70007, we need em down here
    Soooooo, cold!

I didn't know you'd been around to our house, mate.
    Basements must be the same the world over, mine looks straight out of Evil Dead.

I think we all thought it at the time, now, he's looking more and more like the bargain of the Transfer Window, especially not having to rely solely on Mane on the opposite side.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.