Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 635

Thread: Hello

  1. #601  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,384
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Absolutely .. at 8.5m Cout was definitely worth a punt. At 90m though ........
    Yeah,bit expensive for a punt.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #602  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,711
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Yeah,bit expensive for a punt.
    Try typing that after a few gins and a big bag of fudge ... 7 day ban?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #603  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,384
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Try typing that after a few gins and a big bag of fudge ... 7 day ban?
    Define '"a few".
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #604  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    "Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight" (Sung to the tune of 'Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight')

    Oh, and it's also Valentine's Day. A virtual rose for all the ladies,
    Last edited by Jannno; 14-2-18 at 12:15.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #605  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    "Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight" (Sung to the tune of 'Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight')

    Oh, and it's also Valentine's Day. A virtual rose for all the ladies,
    I'm a proper Grump when it comes to valentines day. Manufactured celebration to help prop up the flower/card//confectionary/restaurant industries. Humpf!
    Last edited by Jannno; 14-2-18 at 12:16.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #606  
    DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I'm a proper Grump when it comes to valentines day. Manufactured celebration to help prop up the flower/card//confectionary/restaurant industries. Humpf!
    It's all Geoffrey Chaucer's fault.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #607  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I'm a proper Grump when it comes to valentines day. Manufactured celebration to help prop up the flower/card//confectionary/restaurant industries. Humpf!
    Couldn't agree more, together with Father's Day, Mother's Day and every other dumb commercially manufactured 'Day'.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #608  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    "Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight" (Sung to the tune of 'Champions League tonight, Champions League tonight, the greatest team in all the world, is in the Champions League tonight')

    Oh, and it's also Valentine's Day. A virtual rose for all the ladies,
    Something different about the last line...I must have missed the subtlety that required it be edited!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #609  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Something different about the last line...I must have missed the subtlety that required it be edited!
    There was no subtlety about it.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #610  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,384
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Something different about the last line...I must have missed the subtlety that required it be edited!
    It was something to do with salt and pepper.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #611  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    It was something to do with salt and pepper.
    Did he want us to 'push it'

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #612  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,384
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Only in a condimental sense.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #613  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Something different about the last line...I must have missed the subtlety that required it be edited!
    I can't even remember what it was, but, when typing it, I didn't think for a second it would be unacceptable, so I am a little surprised it was deleted.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #614  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I can't even remember what it was, but, when typing it, I didn't think for a second it would be unacceptable, so I am a little surprised it was deleted.
    On a site accessed by kids, probably a little. I just wondered how you were to get them to us, specifically how shiny it would be and worried that the postage would cost you a fortune worthy of a Zuma kick back.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #615  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    On a site accessed by kids, probably a little. I just wondered how you were to get them to us, specifically how shiny it would be and worried that the postage would cost you a fortune worthy of a Zuma kick back.
    Ahh, that jogged my memory, I remember now .. still think it was a marginal call though, and not really offensive? Having said that, I DO take your point about it being a family forum.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #616  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Ahh, that jogged my memory, I remember now .. still think it was a marginal call though, and not really offensive? Having said that, I DO take your point about it being a family forum.
    Its easy to forget when posting on here is akin to **************** with your mates over a pint.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #617  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,022
    Zuma gone and Porto put to Zzzzzz, not a bad daily double grenny

    Smack the Hammers and there’s your trifecta buddy

    Happy days.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #618  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Zuma gone and Porto put to Zzzzzz, not a bad daily double grenny

    Smack the Hammers and there’s your trifecta buddy

    Happy days.
    All going up roses - he should try putting his subscription through again today!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #619  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    All going up roses - he should try putting his subscription through again today!


    C’mon grenny, give it one more crack - the 217th

    Yeah I get it, why bother.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #620  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post


    C’mon grenny, give it one more crack - the 217th

    Yeah I get it, why bother.
    I don't think he will be able to give up this personal thread of his...I think he wants it to fail!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #621  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Zuma gone and Porto put to Zzzzzz, not a bad daily double grenny

    Smack the Hammers and there’s your trifecta buddy

    Happy days.
    Yep, a really good day yesterday, AUOS!!

    Ramaphosa sworn in as new President today - hopefully, he lives up to his acceptance speech and roots out all the corrupt MF's who are still happily sitting in parliament and stealing the country dry. We'll see.

    LOVED the performance last night .. aside from the first 10-15 minutes or so, that was as dominating a performance as you are ever likely to see .. and away from home as well!! Just brilliant .. so good was it that I don't want to single out any individual player for plaudits. Fantastic team performance.
    Last edited by grenny158; 15-2-18 at 16:50.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #622  
    kloppogarcia is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,694
    Yeah, I'm still buzzing after the game too. Fantastic stuff.
    Sangria FTW.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #623  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by kloppogarcia View Post
    Yeah, I'm still buzzing after the game too. Fantastic stuff.
    Loved it! I hope the less then positive ones in the footie forums are behaving themselves and giving credit where credit is due and not bitching and moaning, cookie.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #624  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,858
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Loved it! I hope the less then positive ones in the footie forums are behaving themselves and giving credit where credit is due and not bitching and moaning, cookie.
    Hello. It's all a bit boring without us playing footy.

    I'm getting fed up of doing things and being productive.

    Have you guys run out of water yet?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #625  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Hello. It's all a bit boring without us playing footy.

    I'm getting fed up of doing things and being productive.

    Have you guys run out of water yet?
    Hiya Cull - it is goddamn annoying when we do not play footie, seriously ****es me off. I have kicked the dog 3 times, my son twice and my wife about 30 times (although, to be fair, she deserved most of those and, in her own very macabre way, she thoroughly enjoyed it) in the last 8 days or so.

    Nope, Cape Town's Day Zero keeps getting moved back a bit because people there have finally woken up and are fully embroiled in water savings measures now. CT also had some much needed rain last week which also helped a little.

    How are things with you in Greece / Cyprus / some small Mediterranean fishing village?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #626  
    geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    15,744
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Hiya Cull - it is goddamn annoying when we do not play footie, seriously ****es me off. I have kicked the dog 3 times, my son twice and my wife about 30 times (although, to be fair, she deserved most of those and, in her own very macabre way, she thoroughly enjoyed it) in the last 8 days or so.

    Nope, Cape Town's Day Zero keeps getting moved back a bit because people there have finally woken up and are fully embroiled in water savings measures now. CT also had some much needed rain last week which also helped a little.

    How are things with you in Greece / Cyprus / some small Mediterranean fishing village?
    Actually Grenny we've been on water saving for some time! The more serious level 6b was implicated on Feb 1st but lesser levels had been in place for ages. Day zero was moved back until mid May after a heavy storm and rain just over a week ago.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #627  
    geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    15,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Hello. It's all a bit boring without us playing footy.

    I'm getting fed up of doing things and being productive.

    Have you guys run out of water yet?
    He won't run out of water as he's in Jo'burg. Its Cape Town which has the water shortage.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #628  
    DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,378
    Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    He won't run out of water as he's in Jo'burg. Its Cape Town which has the water shortage.
    Meanwhile, we have too much. Cyclone Gita hits tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #629  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,782
    Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    Actually Grenny we've been on water saving for some time! The more serious level 6b was implicated on Feb 1st but lesser levels had been in place for ages. Day zero was moved back until mid May after a heavy storm and rain just over a week ago.
    Yep, but many people did not take it seriously until somewhat more recently.

    What are your feelings about Ramaphosa? For the first time in quite a while, I am actually feeling hopeful that we will see some meaningful change in the country. As always though, proof will be seen in actions rather then words. Here's hoping ..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #630  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,858
    Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    He won't run out of water as he's in Jo'burg. Its Cape Town which has the water shortage.
    I'm still not talking to you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •