Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 320

Thread: Emre Can and why I'm really not bothered if he leaves

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No one seems to answer why Juventus want him and not the “superior” Hendo? So many on here say Hendo is better but I don’t see Juve or Bayern sniffing around him....
    By that mad logic Paulinho is better than De Bruyne because Barcelona signed him yet De Bruyne hasn't been linked to anyone.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,607
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No one seems to answer why Juventus want him and not the “superior” Hendo? So many on here say Hendo is better but I don’t see Juve or Bayern sniffing around him....
    Because the Italian league suits him perfectly, he'll have ample time to dither on the ball! He and Juventus know this, be a great match up for him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,699
    I just want a brand new midfield. Hendo, Gini and Emre can be back up for all I care.

    The former has been played out of position for years, the other only shows up in big games, and the latter only shows up 3 months a season.

    Lallana and Coutinho arenít CMs by trade but theyíre miles better than the other 3 in that position.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,033
    Can is not signing a new deal. He will be off at the end of the season. It is my understanding that he previously informed the club of his decision in the Summer. We just need to be prepared for life without him next year.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Why do Juve want him then? They've obviously done their homework on him and like what they see. German international as well. Shame to see him go, imo.
    I think he's probably more suited to Italian football where he can take his time a bit. He's got a decent footballing brain too.

    Not for a moment do I think he'll be a starter there though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    I think he's probably more suited to Italian football where he can take his time a bit. He's got a decent footballing brain too.

    Not for a moment do I think he'll be a starter there though.
    As you say if he excels in Serie A then he could force himself into the team over a few years. They probably like his versatility as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No one seems to answer why Juventus want him and not the ďsuperiorĒ Hendo? So many on here say Hendo is better but I donít see Juve or Bayern sniffing around him....
    You think Juve have never bought bad players?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    As you say if he excels in Serie A then he could force himself into the team over a few years. They probably like his versatility as well.
    Maybe Emre's got over himself a bit and is open to covering at CB

    That would certainly work in Juve's system.

    Tbh all things being equal I'd keep him but since he's determined to **** off on a free I'm really not bothered, good luck to him, he won't be hard to replace.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,465
    When Can played defensive RB under Rogers I was non-plussed. May be, just may be Can at CB. But it is such a risk for someone who I think can not defend well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Maybe Emre's got over himself a bit and is open to covering at CB
    Speaking of, he's doing alright there today.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,119
    Heís playing really well today but these games are few and far between.

    If Can put these type of commanding performances in consistently I would be far more upset about him leaving.
    Last edited by Thespian; 2-12-17 at 17:27.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,643
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Speaking of, he's doing alright there today.
    So is Wijnaldum ffs.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    70,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    He’s playing really well today but these games are few and far between.

    If Can put these type of commanding performances in consistently I would be far more upset about him leaving.
    i wouldn/t call todays performance commanding at all. if anything it showed why its not a great issue if he did/does move on.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    i wouldn/t call todays performance commanding at all. if anything it showed why its not a great issue if he did/does move on.
    Commanding header for the first goal? Was vital that. But yeah still not massively arsed about him leaving.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,464
    Great timing on this thread.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    i wouldn/t call todays performance commanding at all. if anything it showed why its not a great issue if he did/does move on.
    ******* unreal. Sigh
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Well done Emre! Show these clowns who are not arsed about you leaving that they're clueless.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Well done Emre! Show these clowns who are not arsed about you leaving that they're clueless.
    Aye Mike kep licking his boots while he runs down his contract here and leaves for nowt.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Well done Emre! Show these clowns who are not arsed about you leaving that they're clueless.
    So by your standards we all should change our minds about Henderson if he scores a goal this season, Jesus Christ.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Aye Mike kep licking his boots while he runs down his contract here and leaves for nowt.
    That's life mate. The club gives him a release clause, he'll sign.

    Never agitatied, never handed in a transfer request. Inconsistent (only 23) but always tries hard.

    Fills in at CB and scores our first goal and people still talk BS.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    So by your standards we all should change our minds about Henderson if he scores a goal this season, Jesus Christ.
    I have no idea what you talking about. You think my post is just because he scored a goal? How about being asked to play put of position and doing well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    That's life mate. The club gives him a release clause, he'll sign.

    Never agitatied, never handed in a transfer request. Inconsistent (only 23) but always tries hard.


    Fills in at CB and scores our first goal and people still talk BS.
    Yeah that's fair.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Yeah that's fair.
    No worries mate. I know he's not world class but if he serves us well before moving along we should give him some credit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,852
    He does get a handy goal now and again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,741
    Good game today, we would have missed him if he wasn't here today that's for sure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    70,640
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    ******* unreal. Sigh
    instead of sighing try watching the game. can is nowhere near the player everyone seems to think he is. italy might suit him better, but i think he will spend more time on the bench than the pitch.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Good game today, we would have missed him if he wasn't here today that's for sure.
    All the more reason to replace him properly.

    Unlike letting Lucas go in the summer and bringing in neither a centre half or defensive mid.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,116
    Think he could develop in too a decent DM, but will never happen here under Klopp who clearly prefers Henderson in that role. Think Italy will be good for him. Wish him good luck, hope his leaving will be the sign that we are gone rejuvenate our midfield over the next couple of seasons. None of Wij, Hendo, Milly and Can should be anything then a squad rotation players in serious title winning squad. They just are not talented enough.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,274
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    instead of sighing try watching the game. can is nowhere near the player everyone seems to think he is. italy might suit him better, but i think he will spend more time on the bench than the pitch.
    I watched the game. Your comment is clueless. Move along.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    70,640
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    I watched the game. Your comment is clueless. Move along.
    then you should have seen his faults today like the usual not marking his man, thankfully he shot wide.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •