Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre Can and why I'm really not bothered if he leaves

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
    The weird thing about can is whenever he is in team and we win, many of his fans automatically declare that he had a good game.
    He had as much influence in our win as klavan or wij did. As usual he looks good when playing in attacking mode and average/poor in defensive situations.
    You're making it sound like because the front players are doing well and playing freely that we don't need anyone else, just any old blert at the back or in midfield would suffice whereas it's a lot more to it that than. You have to take a closer look at the passing lanes Wijnaldum takes that steer the opposition pass into certain zones so Klavan or another CB can step up into the zone behind in case Wij misses it they don't have far to go to challenge, hopefully nick it and keep the pressure on.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Why does Can only ever get compared with the likes of Henderson? I mean if he had all these outstanding qualities shouldn’t he be rated higher than that?
    It's easier to compare our own players in the positions rather than get into theoretical stuff about "getting into the Arsenal midfield" for example which for me is completely boring. We'll never know because right now said player is playing for us so let's compare him to our other midfielders, in this case.

Why does Can only ever get compared with the likes of Henderson? I mean if he had all these outstanding qualities shouldnít he be rated higher than that?
    I will take a stab in the dark here, but i think its because they play for the same team and are competing for the same role

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I will take a stab in the dark here, but i think its because they play for the same team and are competing for the same role
    But Henderson is often cited as being no better than myriad of journeymen midfielders in the league, so why isn't Can compared with great players if he's much better?

But Henderson is often cited as being no better than myriad of journeymen midfielders in the league, so why isn't Can compared with great players if he's much better?
    Really, like who?

Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    You're making it sound like because the front players are doing well and playing freely that we don't need anyone else, just any old blert at the back or in midfield would suffice whereas it's a lot more to it that than. You have to take a closer look at the passing lanes Wijnaldum takes that steer the opposition pass into certain zones so Klavan or another CB can step up into the zone behind in case Wij misses it they don't have far to go to challenge, hopefully nick it and keep the pressure on.
    **** me, finally someone has found out what Wijanldum does. Well done mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post

Really, like who?
    Many examples but off the top of my head I remember someone saying the likes of Aaron Mooy or Shelvey would be better, or bring back Joe Allen. That kind of ****.

Can has something about him, but it's not enough to care whether he stays.

Really, like who?
    So knuckles you couldn't think of examples that was cited by these imaginary people of yours?

So knuckles you couldn't think of examples that was cited by these imaginary people of yours?
    I left my laptop for about 5 minutes
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 7-12-17 at 19:08. Reason: You know why

Many examples but off the top of my head I remember someone saying the likes of Aaron Mooy or Shelvey would be better, or bring back Joe Allen. That kind of ****.

Can has something about him, but it's not enough to care whether he stays.
    Neither Joe or Shelvey are journeymen. I don't know who the other guy is but he must be REALLY average. Never heard anyone request for Joe Allen to come back,not even when were really bad. Jonjo has better talent than Henderson while Hendo beats him in work ethic and discipline

Good performance from him last night, apart from the stupid challenge early on.

Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    It's easier to compare our own players in the positions rather than get into theoretical stuff about "getting into the Arsenal midfield" for example which for me is completely boring. We'll never know because right now said player is playing for us so let's compare him to our other midfielders, in this case.
    Fair enough. Either way, I don't think it's any great plaudit for Can to say he's better than Henderson. The way Jordan has played of late is abysmal.

But Iím also going to add that I donít think we win that 7-0 with either of them on the pitch. I think Can deserves to be starting at the moment.
    Last edited by TheKnucklesOfAgger; 7-12-17 at 19:28.

Snippes is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    #1. leave the digs out. i type how i choose to type. i don't know why you can't be civil to anyone that has a different opinion than you and have to resort to stupid, belittling digs all the time. this is a forum not a masters class and you are nothing but a poster with an opinion like everyone else, so reign it in a tad.
    I see. So you have no defense for your complete hypocrisy when you accuse people of taking swipes at a Liverpool player (as long as that player is Henderson) but at the same breath never passing an opportunity to take a dig at anything Can does (or doesn't do, given you blame him for the Brighton phantom penalty he had nothing to do with).

Glad we got that cleared up.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post
    I see. So you have no defense for your complete hypocrisy when you accuse people of taking swipes at a Liverpool player (as long as that player is Henderson) but at the same breath never passing an opportunity to take a dig at anything Can does (or doesn't do, given you blame him for the Brighton phantom penalty he had nothing to do with).

I know he can be inconsistent, but I’m pretty sure Can could excel as a no 6 in the right set up. At 23 he has the potential. I can’t be sure it can happen at LFC but I personally prefer him at the no 6 than Henderson. I really don’t like Henderson in that role when teams apply pressure.

Henderson’s better spot is a no 8 IMO. In a high octane game he can be quite good there. In a slower strategic game, I’m not sure he adds much.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Yes. Can did in fact send at least two loopy balls to no one. Try rewatching the game.
    I bet you had a note pad out marking everything like this. Difference is isn't not hid go to under pressure where as that's Henderson's game summed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    He was stupid and reckless to get the yellow card in the first place.
    It doesn't negate the rest of his assured performance though does it?

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    I bet you had a note pad out marking everything like this. Difference is isn't not hid go to under pressure where as that's Henderson's game summed up.

Of course that one hard tackle that everyone obsessed over, in which he actually won the ball ruined his performance

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!

Brill.

Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post

You are so Emre Can's dad.

There's no other explanation for your devotion to such a mediocre player.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    We beat Brighton, Southampton and Stoke pretty comfortably with Henderson playing, and the front 4 didn't have to drop deep to get the ball in those games.
    If I'm not wrong, both Can and Hendo played against Brighton, only Hendo played against Southampton and only Can played against Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    As it so happens not this time. Though I did for Hendo in the Chelski game, but I posted that data on TTT where the posting is more rigorous and analytical.

What I will say about yr response and that of the fellow above is. Look at yourselves and think:- If there is a very long standing debate/discussion about the merits, qualities and purpose of these particular players, isn't it useful to really look at it, rather than posturing about it?
    Last edited by Edinburgher; 8-12-17 at 10:17. Reason: error

Why does Can only ever get compared with the likes of Henderson? I mean if he had all these outstanding qualities shouldnít he be rated higher than that?
    I've flushed things rated higher than Henderson. Henderson lives of the English hype because on ability he a mediocre at best.

My post above was really replying to this.

Because Emre is 23 and still unproven. Basically we have held him back playing that joke in front of him in that role.

Because Emre is 23 and still unproven. Basically we have held him back playing that joke in front of him in that role.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    He's played 200 club games. 150 of them for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    He's played 200 club games. 150 of them for Liverpool.
    If DOK has a favourite then nothing is his fault.

Well over a hundred starts for us, 24 next month and you still want to call him unproven?