Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Spartak Moscow (h) Wed 6th 19:45

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    All i'm saying is we did not 'beat nothing'. We actually destroyed a better side than the one United struggled to beat. I guess Keane the total idiot calls United's performance a 'masterclass'.
    Agree.It's always the same, whenever we smash a side people say opposition were poor.Some of them are just not ready to accept the fact that we really are a damn good side.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Agree.It's always the same, whenever we smash a side people say opposition were poor.Some of them are just not ready to accept the fact that we really are a damn good side.
    Even some of our fans fail to recognise that we're not only a very good side, they haven't seen anything yet. This is only the beginning. Jurgen Klopp is nowhere near finished yet, he's far from happy. He won't be happy until he's built a machine, better than the one he built at Dortmund. As far as I'm concerned the red machine is only going to get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    It's actually 26.7

Play-off win bonus 2m
    Group stage fixed fee 12.7m
    3 wins at 1.5m = 4.5m
    3 draws at 500k = 1.5m
    Round of 16 fee 6m
    Thanks for that update

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    lol Roy Keane is a bitter little nob, beating any champions league team 7-0 is impressive.
    He is a mad irishman who has issues with himself never mind others , i always think back to the time he squared up to Patrick Viera in the Tunnel before the match .

If he had squared up to Tommy Smith or Souness like that , he would have been straw fed for a couple of months .

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    He is a mad irishman who has issues with himself never mind others , i always think back to the time he squared up to Patrick Viera in the Tunnel before the match .

If he had squared up to Tommy Smith or Souness like that , he would have been straw fed for a couple of months .
    Souness would have put him in intensive care if he looked crooked at him. Souness let players tackle him once, if they did it a second time, he pulverized them. He was the epitome of nastiness, and had the arrogance to go with it. He also earnt the right to have that arrogance because he was a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Souness would have put him in intensive care if he looked crooked at him. Souness let players tackle him once, if they did it a second time, he pulverized them. He was the epitome of nastiness, and had the arrogance to go with it. He also earnt the right to have that arrogance because he was a winner.

Like i said Keane picked his mark that day with Viera , as you so rightly say Souness was a born winner .....he was nasty , classy , arrogant but above all talented , he earned the right to swagger .

I was at a sportsmans dinner 2 years ago and the speaker was Steve Kember , he told the audience that when he was an apprentice he had heard several older pros quote stories about ex players .

One of the Stories was about Tommy Smith of which there were many , but the one he remembers was a young winger making his 3rd or 4th appearence against LFC at Anfield .....the lad had been getting rave reviews

In the first few minutes he was trying to take the p...out of the LFC left back at the time , im sure he said it was Alec Lindsay ..... He said Smith walked over to Lindsay and said next time he runs at you leave him to me .

A few mins later the lad came towards lindsay with the ball , Lindsay ushered him infield , all of a sudden out of nowhere came Smith ....there was a hell of a crunch ...Lindsay looked round and the lad was in a heap on the floor with Smith standing over him , seemingly telling him next time he tried anything like that he would break his back .

The Manager took the lad off and he never made anymore headlines ....whatever happened to him is anyones guess , Smith looked at the visiting teams dugout seemingly gesturing there was more where that came from .

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Like i said Keane picked his mark that day with Viera , as you so rightly say Souness was a born winner .....he was nasty , classy , arrogant but above all talented , he earned the right to swagger .

I was at a sportsmans dinner 2 years ago and the speaker was Steve Kember , he told the audience that when he was an apprentice he had heard several older pros quote stories about ex players .

One of the Stories was about Tommy Smith of which there were many , but the one he remembers was a young winger making his 3rd or 4th appearence against LFC at Anfield .....the lad had been getting rave reviews

In the first few minutes he was trying to take the p...out of the LFC left back at the time , im sure he said it was Alec Lindsay ..... He said Smith walked over to Lindsay and said next time he runs at you leave him to me .

A few mins later the lad came towards lindsay with the ball , Lindsay ushered him infield , all of a sudden out of nowhere came Smith ....there was a hell of a crunch ...Lindsay looked round and the lad was in a heap on the floor with Smith standing over him , seemingly telling him next time he tried anything like that he would break his back .

The Manager took the lad off and he never made anymore headlines ....whatever happened to him is anyones guess , Smith looked at the visiting teams dugout seemingly gesturing there was more where that came from .
    What a heart warming tale.

good old tommy. what did shanks say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    Probably something like " Thomas behave yourself and go easy on opposing players "

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Keita scored a cracker last night so it was really 8-0

Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    Shanks once said 'Tommy Smith wasn't born....He was quarried". Tommy Smith actually was only ever sent off once in an 18 year Liverpool career. Surprisingly it was for dissent.

Have you ever heard the story about Ron Yeats and Peter Thompson? During training Peter Thompson put the ball through Ronnie's legs. Ronnie grabbed him by the throat and said 'Don't you ever do that again".