Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 881

Thread: Spartak Moscow (h) Wed 6th 19:45

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,523
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    3-4-3 with those 4 lads? I'd be interested how you'd line that up.
    ---------------------------------------------Karius-----------------------------------------------

    Gomez/TAA----------------------------Lovren------------------------Robertson---------------

    -------Milner/oxlade-------------Can-----------------Wijnaldum---------------Coutinho------------------


    -------------------Salah------------------Firmino------------------------Mane-------

    Coutinho in a free role....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    I really don't know how Moreno is STILL the first choice LB after the COUNTLESS **** ups. It's like what does he have to do to get dropped? Score 3 own goals?
    How is henderson still in the team farless the skipper
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    ---------------------------------------------Karius-----------------------------------------------

    Gomez/TAA----------------------------Lovren------------------------Robertson---------------

    -------Milner/oxlade-------------Can-----------------Wijnaldum---------------Coutinho------------------


    -------------------Salah------------------Firmino------------------------Mane-------

    Coutinho in a free role....
    No chance.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    I don't think Spartak have got that much to play for unless they beat us 7-0.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...s-league/table

    It's still an important game though, because if we lose, Sevilla can leapfrog us in the table, which will have a major bearing on who we meet in the next round.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I don't think Spartak have got that much to play for unless they beat us 7-0.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...s-league/table

    It's still an important game though, because if we lose, Sevilla can leapfrog us in the table, which will have a major bearing on who we meet in the next round.
    They just need to beat us to go above us, no matter the margin. If we lose, even by 1 goal, we'll play on Thursdays come February.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    Hang on. If Spartak win, it goes on head to heads doesn't it, not goal difference (if we finish on the same number of points as them)?

    Wow. that adds a litlle bit of pressure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,058
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    They just need to beat us to go above us, no matter the margin. If we lose, even by 1 goal, we'll play on Thursdays come February.
    Isn't goal difference the defining factor?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    They just need to beat us to go above us, no matter the margin. If we lose, even by 1 goal, we'll play on Thursdays come February.
    Thanks Canuck, I just realised that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Hang on. If Spartak win, it goes on head to heads doesn't it, not goal difference (if we finish on the same number of points as them)?

    Wow. that adds a litlle bit of pressure.
    It's like how much more pressure could there be... and the answer is ... none.. none more pressure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Isn't goal difference the defining factor?
    Nope. It's head to head, lose and we are out but we should win this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Hope we can win this and top the table.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Hang on. If Spartak win, it goes on head to heads doesn't it, not goal difference (if we finish on the same number of points as them)?

    Wow. that adds a litlle bit of pressure.
    If they beat us then we're out, by virtue of us not beating them and them picking up 4 points in the head to head.

    However if we lose and Sevilla draw then we would go through on away goals (4 in the below)

    Deciders

    1.Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    2.Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    3.Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    4.Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthak kesar View Post
    Nope. It's head to head, lose and we are out but we should win this.
    Oh that's dreadful. Well that makes our draw against Sevilla that much more disappointing now in hindsight Wish I hadn't found out about this, I could have enjoyed the game in a stress-free way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,963
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    If they beat us then we're out, by virtue of us not beating them and them picking up 4 points in the head to head.

    However if we lose and Sevilla draw then we would go through on away goals (4 in the below)

    Deciders

    1.Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    2.Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    3.Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    4.Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    No, that would still send us out. All 3 teams would be tied on 9 points so there would effectively be a mini table of results between them. We'd be bottom with just 3 points.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    No, that would still send us out. All 3 teams would be tied on 9 points so there would effectively be a mini table of results between them. We'd be bottom with just 3 points.
    Here is a simpler scenario.

    We need to avoid defeat to qualify. Therefore a 0-0 is sufficient, we would automatically finish 2nd. However if we beat Spartak by any score-line, we finish top and Sevilla finish 2nd providing Sevilla don't lose to Maribor.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    230
    --------------------------------------Karius-------------------------------------

    Gomez---------------Lovren-----------------------Klavan---------------------Robertson

    ----------------------------------------Can-------------------------------------------------

    -----------------------------------Milner / Wijalndrum-----------------------------

    ------------mane----------------------Coutinho------------------------OX

    --------------------------------Solanke----------------------------------------
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethereds93 View Post
    --------------------------------------Karius-------------------------------------

    Gomez---------------Lovren-----------------------Klavan---------------------Robertson

    ----------------------------------------Can-------------------------------------------------

    --------------------Milner-------------------------Wijalndrum-----------------------------

    ------------mane----------------------Coutinho------------------------OX

    --------------------------------Solanke----------------------------------------
    Would probably get kicked out of the CL if we fielded that lineup...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    So a win and we're top of the group?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    So a win and we're top of the group?
    Yep
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    ---------------------------------------------Karius-----------------------------------------------

    Gomez/TAA----------------------------Lovren------------------------Robertson---------------

    -------Milner/oxlade-------------Can-----------------Wijnaldum---------------Coutinho------------------


    -------------------Salah------------------Firmino------------------------Mane-------

    Coutinho in a free role....
    Coutinho as wingback?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Coutinho as wingback?
    Roberston as part of a back 3?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Coutinho as wingback?
    Yep, Rodgers won a competition to pick the team for a night.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    It's a ridiculously important game, but it's also a game that could give us a huge boost going into the derby.

    Our only blot since the loss to Spurs was Sevilla. Now this game doesn't eradicate the memory of that game, but it does eradicate the importance of the points dropped if we win it, thus win and win big!

    My team:

    Karius
    Gomez Lovren Klavan Moreno
    Henderson
    Can Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

    Subs:

    Mignolet, Trent, Robertson, Milner, Gini, Ox, Sturridge

    Fingers crossed we can blitz them and get a comfortable lead and then we can rest some of the key players, and players who haven't been 100% in the second half.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    It's a ridiculously important game, but it's also a game that could give us a huge boost going into the derby.

    Our only blot since the loss to Spurs was Sevilla. Now this game doesn't eradicate the memory of that game, but it does eradicate the importance of the points dropped if we win it, thus win and win big!

    My team:

    Karius
    Gomez Lovren Klavan Moreno
    Henderson
    Can Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

    Subs:

    Mignolet, Trent, Robertson, Milner, Gini, Ox, Sturridge

    Fingers crossed we can blitz them and get a comfortable lead and then we can rest some of the key players, and players who haven't been 100% in the second half.
    That looks our strongest team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    It's like how much more pressure could there be... and the answer is ... none.. none more pressure.
    I like it.

    None more black.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    For me, the danger is playing for the draw.

    We have been playing very well up front lately, so the approach I would take is to make sure that we continue to give the front players plenty of the ball.

    The team's been dominant in midfield too, both in terms of numbers and just winning the ball and getting it forward - something I wish to continue happening.

    We need to play for the win and not give a second thought about draws or whatever, then I think we'll be alright.

    Play as we have been doing, in other words.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    Let's just put the ball in plenty of areas where Firmino, Coutinho, Salah and Mane can do their stuff and have faith in that. They all look great.

    The midfield and defence can relax to a certain extent. All they need to do is concentrate on putting the ball into horrible areas for Spartak and push up to win it back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    For me, the danger is playing for the draw.

    We have been playing very well up front lately, so the approach I would take is to make sure that we continue to give the front players plenty of the ball.

    The team's been dominant in midfield too, both in terms of numbers and just winning the ball and getting it forward - something I wish to continue happening.

    We need to play for the win and not give a second thought about draws or whatever, then I think we'll be alright.

    Play as we have been doing, in other words.
    When have we ever 'played for a draw'?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    When have we ever 'played for a draw'?
    It doesn't appear so, but if it's 1-1 with 20 mins to go, I'm sure going for the draw will cross the players' minds, no matter what you or Klopp say.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    It doesn't appear so, but if it's 1-1 with 20 mins to go, I'm sure going for the draw will cross the players' minds, no matter what you or Klopp say.
    Can't see Mane, Salah, Couthino, Firmino and co. subconsciously playing for a draw. I can't see that scenario at all. I'm going for a comfy win. 3 or 4 nil.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •