Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Spartak Anfield 6th December 19:45

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Yeah. I think Solanke has lots of promise and I wouldn't be averse to him starting on Wednesday. However, I think Jurgen will plump for Sturridge if Bobby is rested.
    it would be a massive mistake if you nailed it,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Oh my god we haven't been in the Champions League proper since 2010.

Massive game. Bricking it a little.
    This is the Champions League proper.

To quote a legend

"I don't want to wake up on Thursday with us in the Europa league"

Let's absolutely smash these. We should have smashed them the first time we played them but we seem to be taking our chances a lot better now.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    To quote a legend

Let's absolutely smash these. We should have smashed them the first time we played them but we seem to be taking our chances a lot better now.
    Yeah indeed, play the best available 11 and go for the jugular from the off.

Attack, Attack, Attack Attack Attack

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    To quote a legend

I just can't see us not putting a few past them. CL night at Anfield that really matters. I don't think they stand a chance. (Properly jinxed it now).

Not at all concerned about Wednesday, can’t see anything but a very comprehensive win for us, no matter who we put up . Pretty much a dead game fir me as the Russian team can huff and puff but they will come up empty and completely destroyed by our attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Not at all concerned about Wednesday, can’t see anything but a very comprehensive win for us, no matter who we put up . Pretty much a dead game fir me as the Russian team can huff and puff but they will come up empty and completely destroyed by our attack.
    it will depend on if we'll manage to find an early goal, they will sit back and try to frustrate our attacking fluidity and break up the play as much as they can,

they will try to hit us on the break sporadically, exploit corner kicks and dead balls to harass our keeper, they will try to find an offensive episode on whom speculate

for the rest of the game and build up their qualification,

potential banana skin, in my opinion,

whatever will be the eleven Mr Klopp will turn to, we'd better take this cracking rubber seriously and without too much conceit,

we are certanily the best of the two teams without any shadow of a doubt, but the ball is round and lady luck could turn to one of the two ways,

independently of the skillset possessed by each side, this is top european football, not domestic football,

fingers crossed, we'll turn up as a team and not just as individuals,

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN!!!

Last edited by rosso76; 3-12-17 at 23:03.

they have to beat us so they will have to come out and play which means space for us to play.
    early goal for us they will need two and will start throwing everything at us even at that early stage could end up been destroyed.

Salah, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Karius, Lovren, Moreno, Hendo, Gomez (if not fit then TAA), Klavan (if not fit then Can), Wijnaldum

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    they have to beat us so they will have to come out and play which means space for us to play.
    early goal for us they will need two and will start throwing everything at us even at that early stage could end up been destroyed.
    I'd expect them to keep it very tight and try and nick a goal on the counter or from a set piece...1-0 to them puts them through.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    it will depend on if we'll manage to find an early goal, they will sit back and try to frustrate our attacking fluidity and break up the play as much as they can,

they will try to hit us on the break sporadically, exploit corner kicks and dead balls to harass our keeper, they will try to find an offensive episode on whom speculate

for the rest of the game and build up their qualification,

potential banana skin, in my opinion,

whatever will be the eleven Mr Klopp will turn to, we'd better take this cracking rubber seriously and without too much conceit,

we are certanily the best of the two teams without any shadow of a doubt, but the ball is round and lady luck could turn to one of the two ways,

independently of the skillset possessed by each side, this is top european football, not domestic football,

fingers crossed, we'll turn up as a team and not just as individuals,

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN!!!

I agree Rosso, an early goal would make them play earlier otherwise they may well sit and wait for counter or late pressure. Its difficult to know what to expect from a side who trash Seville and then draw with Malibor! Very important game for us this season and while a win would be psychologically good for us, a certain amount of luck with the draw for knockout stages would be required as there will be quality teams in both pots.

Hopefully they come and attack us as they need a win. If they do that then we will absolutely destroy them.

This might end up like the 2nd leg of the Hoffenheim tie.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJacker View Post
    This might end up like the 2nd leg of the Hoffenheim tie.
    I doubt it, mate. Hoffenheim came from a 2-1 home first leg loss so they should obligatory take the game at us, they let us space in behind their backline and half spaces to harass

across our attacking third, so we easily were a trouble for their keeper in any instant of that game, particularly the first half,

Spartak it's true have to win to go through but can exploit the fact that we are inclined to play on the front foot whatever being the prerogatives of the game,

I think they could nick a potential upsetting result sitting deep, protecting a stalemate for most of the game and looking at charging our half in the last stages of it,

should the result still being in the balance,

I think an early goal for us would do it, and would take pressure off our game,

it's right what has happened against Hoffenheim as we found three early goals and flew on the wings of the enthusiasm,

but knowing Spartak Moscow italian gaffer, I guess it might be tougher than expected break the deadlock and turn the game on our way,

by the way, I'm confident we will throw on the pitch all we have in way of gaining a well deserved qualification to the next stage of the competition,

ah, yeah, our regular attacking trio might be decisive as never before, three goals for us could be enough!

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

Last edited by rosso76; 4-12-17 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    I doubt it, mate. Hoffenheim came from a 2-1 home first leg loss so they should obligatory take the game at us, they let us space in behind their backline and half spaces to harass

across our attacking third, so we easily were a trouble for their keeper in any instant of that game, particularly the first half,

Spartak it's true have to win to go through but can exploit the fact that we are inclined to play on the front foot whatever being the prerogatives of the game,

I think they could nick a potential upsetting result sitting deep, protecting a stalemate for most of the game and looking at charging our half in the last stages of it,

should the result still being in the balance,

I think an early goal for us, would do it, and would take pressure off our game,

it's right what has happened against Hoffenheim as we found three early goals and flew on the wings of the enthusiasm,

but knowing the italian Spartak Moscow gaffer, I guess it might be tougher than expected break the deadlock and turn the game on our way,

by the way, I'm confident we will throw on the pitch all we have in way of gaining a well deserved qualification to the next stage of the competition,

ah, yeah, our regular attacking trio might be decisive as never before, three goals for us could be enough!

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

I didn't mean it as in they'll attack from the start but rather I think we'll get an early goal which will open up the game.

Have to go with the best XI of players who are fit. Finishing top of this group has to be priority number one, we can worry about rotation in subsequent games. Coutinho, Salah, and Mane must all start. Ideally Bobby as well, but reckon he will be rested.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Great to have that feeling back where you can’t wait for the next game! Just can’t see how we won’t win convincingly on Wednesday.

What’s the importance of finishing top of group. Do we know that Real Madrid waits for a top group victim? As far as I am concerned we just need to get through to the next stage. Cannot see any reason why we should not realise this step.

What’s the importance of finishing top of group. Do we know that Real Madrid waits for a top group victim? As far as I am concerned we just need to get through to the next stage. Cannot see any reason why we should not realise this step.
    Because of how the rest of the groups look, and every English team "SHOULD" win their group it means if you finish second theres only a few teams you will be able to face, which is likely to be Barca, PSG or Besiktas. So unless you get really lucky and get Besiktas we really need to be thinking of winning the group.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Go strong then take off the stars once the job is done. Can't afford to mess this up.

----------Karius-------------
    TAA-Lovren-Klavan-Moreno
    --------Henderson----------
    ----Can--------Coutinho----
    Salah------------------Mane
    ----------Firmino------------

Gomez will start ahead of TAA and Hendo will definitely start.

I think we will line out :

Karius

Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno,

Hendo + Gini

Couts

Mané, Firmino, Mo

Matip out again..he really is becoming Sturridge-like in terms of injuries.

Still hard to judge his overall value as he never seems to put a decent run of games together.

Should be ok if Klavan & Gomez are available, but with both Matip & Lovren injury prone the need for another CB in Jan (looking at you Mr.Van Dijk) is all the more necessary outside of the obvious quality reasons.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post

Still hard to judge his overall value as he never seems to put a decent run of games together.

Should be ok if Klavan & Gomez are available, but with both Matip & Lovren injury prone the need for another CB in Jan (looking at you Mr.Van Dijk) is all the more necessary outside of the obvious quality reasons.
    Ultimately the ideal scenario is one where Matip and another player are competing for one spot alongside a dominant centre half.

LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    Getting through is priority at this stage, and should be the only main focus...don't care about topping group..

Madrid or Bayern possibly for the winners.

We could finish 2nd and get Besiktas

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    He's played 19 games this season.

I have got my ticket. Main stand

Common Liverpool
    My ship is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    I have got my ticket. Main stand

Common Liverpool
    lucky you that can watch our cracking decider at Anfield from the Main Stand, mate, lucky you!

my nerves are starting to shake up two days before this big appointment,

I've already the shivers down my spine thinking whether the things shouldn't get on our way next Wednesday night,

I don't dare to think what the Media will tell about Kloppo and our lads!

but hopefully we'll turn up and anything will go as we all want,

fingers crossed,

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    He's played 19 games this season.
    I feel that Matip's miss won't be crucial next Wednesday night,

it will be crucial our strikeforce and midfield performances, as far as I'm concerned,

don't think we'll manage to keep totally at bay Spartak Moscow firepower,

so our only aim has to be trying to score as many goals as we can likewise to what we did at home against Hoffenheim, Maribor and Sevilla,

it'll be a one off game, and it'll be crucial trying to win that in way of topping the group and skipping World class clubs as PSG and Barcelona in the knock out stage,

I would rather prefer taking on clubs such as Porto, Juventus, Roma, Shaktar, Bayern or Leipzig than those I quoted above, though we shouldn't rule out the eventuality

of locking the horns with a troubled Real Madrid side in the eighth of final,

but Barcelona and PSG actually represent the best that the european football could arise on its stage, and surely almost unplayable oppositions for us at the moment,

I would fancy we'd at least catch up with the quarter finals of this competition this season, but maybe it's like demanding our team the moon,

Last edited by rosso76; 5-12-17 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Great to have that feeling back where you can’t wait for the next game! Just can’t see how we won’t win convincingly on Wednesday.
    More or less convincingly than we'll win the derby on sunday?