Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How good is our attack?

Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Our attack is so good at the moment. The fluidity, the link up play and the general busyness of our attackers must make them so hard to defend against.

Also, not only have we been able to leave players on the bench, but we've yet to add Lallana into the mix.
    It is. However expect much more difficulty to come as man city have found. Like we found out too last year. When attacks et really strong, opposition will camp in their box.

West ham vs man city showed that. Everyone packed in the box makes it incredibly hard to score. Very anti football.

However we do have more options now than for quite some time. Klopps got a real mix of attack now which is great. Really happy with ox too who looks like a very astute signing to me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    It is. However expect much more difficulty to come as man city have found. Like we found out too last year. When attacks et really strong, opposition will camp in their box.

West ham vs man city showed that. Everyone packed in the box makes it incredibly hard to score. Very anti football.

However we do have more options now than for quite some time. Klopps got a real mix of attack now which is great. Really happy with ox too who looks like a very astute signing to me.
    But we found a way, which we couldn't last year.

Also, Klopp is learning to adapt with different formations and moving personnel around.

Salah has been key to unlocking defences by forcing defenders to concentrate on him, giving the others a chance to make runs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post

Also, Klopp is learning to adapt with different formations and moving personnel around.

Salah has been key to unlocking defences by forcing defenders to concentrate on him, giving the others a chance to make runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 25-05-2005 View Post
    Do you have a comparison of minutes played by each player?
    From WhoScored ....

Firmino- 1485 mins
    Lukaku- 1800 mins
    Aguero-1177 mins
    Lacazette- 1039 mins
    Moratta -1354 mins

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Its fantastic, an absolute joy to watch when in full flight

The fact we can leave one of them on the bench at any point is remarkable really and shows how far it has come

Its so good because we are not reliant on a number nine or clinical striker, the movement, speed and goals can come from anywhere in our front three which makes us so hard to tie down and stop.

In reality, a striker of the more traditional type who can link up play and work as intelligently as Firmino, and as naturally with our other forwards, barely exists or is affordable. We never seem to be able name one.

You can also tell how good our attack is because our resident experts who focus purely on our very obvious inadequacies, can rarely bring themselves to comment on the attack
    The only players I reckon could improve our attack and give it that something different are Luis Suarez and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. Suarez obviously because he's a genius and Aubameyang for 4 reasons.
    1. He operates across the line.
    2. His movement and energy and strength is similar to Firmino's.
    3. He's lightning quick.
    4. He knows how Klopp operates and what Klopp demands from a centre forward.

Not bad...
    Also Coutinho hat-trick is the first seen at Anfield since Luis Suarez's against Norwich more than 4 years ago!
    Last edited by Anil_Y2j; 7-12-17 at 10:05.

The best in the world.

Goals in cl ....
    Firmino (6), Salah (5), Coutinho (5) and Mané (3)
    Last edited by Anil_Y2j; 7-12-17 at 10:04.

Exactly. These 'experts' are still assuming that Salah plays as an 'out and out winger'. He doesn't. How many times have we seen him make those runs splitting centre backs? He darts in between them. He's all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Goals in cl ....
    Firmino (6), Salah (5), Coutinho (5) and Mané (4)
    Who scored the other 3? We scored 23 in the group stages...not 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    TAA, AOC, and I think Sturridge all got 1 at Maribor.

Mane has scored 3 goals...other 4 have been scored by Can, trent, Ox and Sturridge.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Goals in CL this season:

PSG - 25

Phil, Bobby, Mane & Mo - 21*

Real Madrid - 17

Chelsea - 16

Spurs - 15

City - 14

Bayern - 13

Utd - 12

Barca - 9

*Including the qualifiers

Also, we scored the 2nd most in the group stage ever, behind PSG, and we've already scored 5 more than when we won it in 04/05.
    Last edited by steviewonder87; 7-12-17 at 10:27.

Liverpool are now the 2nd most prolific side in Europe - joint with Manchester City with 62 goals. Only PSG [75] have scored more.

The most entertaining football we've played for a long time. Had some great times under Rodgers and Evans, but these lads are blindingly good.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    I think we've found the best formation to suit our 'fab 4' now -

--------Can----Wij-------
    Mane----Firmino-----Phil
    -----------Salah-----------

With lots of fluidity and interchanging between the front 4, Firmino playing off Salah seems to work so well.

It's just ok.

I made a very bold statement at the beginning of the season that PSG were the only front-line in Europe better than our front 4 on paper.

I don't think I am too far wrong.

City's front 4 certainly competes with ours, as does, when they are firing, the likes of Spurs, Barca and even Arsenal...however so far our front 4 have turned up far more often than any of those teams and are an absolute joy to watch.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    The best in the world.
    greatest midfield in the world neeeds to be adapated into a song greatest attack in the world because its right up there with city psg barca real as the strongest attack in th world... christ praying that he does a similar job on the defense in the next 2 windows because we will be absolutely winning stuff if he does. have to admit i need to slap myself for lack of patience sometimes but its been a long long long time since we won stuff.

yesterdays attacking football was artistry of the highest order and made me conpletely forget about our defense..the second goal epitomised everything good about football

pas pass pass goal
    movement ebergy drive verve but mostly hunger... our front four were hungry winning the ball back early.thats the hallmark of a klopp side. firmino won so many balls in their half. and it came from a platform set up by the very industrious wijnaldum who didnt lose a challenge all game and emre... i like those 2 as our midfield base. sorry hendo your time is up. those two s styles compliment each other the most and should remain our first choice pair.

lots of positives to say this morning. milner came on and solidified the left flank and created 2 goals.

whoever pulls us 0ut of the hat next round can expect a *********** game regardless of who they are. the huge thing i liked about klopp s dortmund is they didnt give a **** for reputations. they went out n stomped on whoever was in their path

three wins on the trot soon end the moans caused by throwing away 2 leads on the trot.

now batter everton aswell. actually i think everton will be a much trickier game, playing for a new manager in allardyce who in fairness to him knows how to set up teams to frustrate the big boys but we should still find a way to overcome them

2-1 reds
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 7-12-17 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    greatest midfield in the world neeeds to be adapated into a song greatest attack in the world because its right up there with city psg barca real as the strongest attack in th world... christ praying that he does a similar job on the defense in the next 2 windows because we will be absolutely winning stuff if he does.

yesterdays attacking football was artistry of the highest order and made me conpletely forget about our defense..the second goal epitomised everything good about football

pas pass pass goal
    movement ebergy drive verve but mostly hunger... our front four were hungry winning the ball back early.thats the hallmark of a klopp side. firmino won so many balls in their half. and it came from a platform set up by the very industrious wijnaldum who didnt lose a challenge all game and emre... i like those 2 as our midfield base. sorry hendo your time is up

lots of positives to say this morning. milner came on and solidified the left flank and created 2 goals.

whoever pulls us 0ut of the hat next round can expect a *********** game regardless of who they are. the huge thing i liked about klopp s dortmund is they didnt give a **** for reputations. they went out n stomped on whoever was in their path
    The formation was pretty confusing to be honest. On paper it looked like Mane was on the left, Salah on the right, Bobby through the middle with Phil just playing off him.

However....It wasn't.

Klopp cleverly rotated it. Phil was on the left, Bobby on the right with Salah and Mane playing centrally. However as expected from Klopp they rotated throughout the game. That is one of the best things Klopp does and that he doesn't do static, he's never done static...He hates static. That's why Benteke was moved on....he's static. It's either fluid and flexible or nothing and last night it was both.
    Last edited by Kloppsstars; 7-12-17 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post

Mane----Firmino-----Phil

With lots of fluidity and interchanging between the front 4, Firmino playing off Salah seems to work so well.
    its the best midfield base there is to go with the front four #

wij played like he did in his best games last year for us last night. he was winning everything. every tackle he went into.

and him n emre together go well. sign emre to a new contract. just get it done, he just wants playing assurances more thna money i think . sorry hendo your time is up

there arent enough superlatives for last nights performance.. and it could easily have been 10-0

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post

Mane----Firmino-----Phil

Completely agree...however against top class teams we'll need a bit more muscle in midfield, especially with our back 5

The formation was pretty confusing to be honest. On paper it looked like Mane was on the left, Salah on the right, Bobby through the middle with Phil just playing off him.

However....It wasn't.

Klopp cleverly rotated it. Phil was in the left, Bobby on the right with Salah and Mane playing centrally. However as expected from Klopp they rotated throughout the game. That is one of the best things Klopp does and that he doesn't do static, he's never done static...He hates static. That's why Benteke was moved on....he's static. It's either fluid and flexible or nothing and last night it was both.
    it confused the hell out of spartak. thats for sure.

yeah the front four is now about fluidity and movement and the more they play together the better they will get. scary thing is all four have only played together 5-6 times

confidence is rising for all of them too i think. look at the quality levels of some of the finishes, vlleys , beautful passing goals, outside of foot finishes. *********** sublime...

i need more patience when it comes to klopps rough patches.....and not wanting to get too carried away but i think we can win the champions league this year ( certainly we need not be afriad of having a go at anyone thats left in it and performances last night will have them fearing us as much as anything). the defense is an issue but when they forwards are in that kind of form its not. plus vvd may yet turn up in january
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 7-12-17 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Completely agree...however against top class teams we'll need a bit more muscle in midfield, especially with our back 5
    hello mr keita....

the front 4 are brilliant, and seem to really enjoy playing together, hopefully we can keep cout and have this 4 with keita behind them!

Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    I made a very bold statement at the beginning of the season that PSG were the only front-line in Europe better than our front 4 on paper.

I don't think I am too far wrong.

City's front 4 certainly competes with ours, as does, when they are firing, the likes of Spurs, Barca and even Arsenal...however so far our front 4 have turned up far more often than any of those teams and are an absolute joy to watch.
    more or less feel the same.

wouldn't put arsenal in that category, would put them a level below us attacking wise, spurs too. their attacks seem to be more rigid with a specific

focal point in lacazette and kane - both attacks are set up generally to have these 2 finish them. both kane and lacazette aren`t that capable of drifting

and interchanging across the front 3 / front 4 like our 4 - even though both are clearly superior finishers to firmino.

With our 4 they are all as adept as each other at interchanging across the whole front 3/4 either finishing or creating at more or less the same high

level and its beautiful to watch. Someone like lacazette is a class finisher but is so boring to watch when hes not finishing off a move. similar to

kane to a certain extent.

with out front 4 you just never know what youre gonna get at any second - anything is possible at any second - sexy football

Quote Originally Posted by wearethereds93 View Post
    the front 4 are brilliant, and seem to really enjoy playing together, hopefully we can keep cout and have this 4 with keita behind them!
    win the champions league and phil wont go nowhere..

i think phil cares about glory more than anything and last night showed he is the rightful heir to gerrards throne. move over hendo

However....It wasn't.

Klopp cleverly rotated it. Phil was in the left, Bobby on the right with Salah and Mane playing centrally. However as expected from Klopp they rotated throughout the game. That is one of the best things Klopp does and that he doesn't do static, he's never done static...He hates static. That's why Benteke was moved on....he's static. It's either fluid and flexible or nothing and last night it was both.
    thats why i personally i wouldnt want a kane , lacazette or that lumbering log lukaku playing for us - theyre too rigid - even sturridge struggles now

since hes lost some of his pace and twist turn ability..

for me bar possibly city - our footballs the truest our footballs the sexiest...
    Last edited by RedGhana; 7-12-17 at 13:20.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    thats why i personally i wouldnt want a kane , lacazette or that lumbering log lukaku playing for us - their too rigid - even sturridge struggles now

since hes lost some of his pace and twist turn ability..

for me bar possibly city - our footballs the truest our footballs the sexiest...
    city have scraped through their last 3 games.... they re due a loss or two.... its coming, they ll have a rough patch and we have to capitalise on it and put them under more pressure. so far they have been brilliant but i think peple have been creaming themselves over guardiola a bit too much. last 3 sterling dug out wins for them , they wont continue doing that

i fancy united to do them ti be honest

gotta feela bit for lallana , where will he get into this 11?i know he will be needed but for such an important player for us last year and he has grown a lot since joining us he will find himself on the preiphery now

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    win the champions league and phil wont go nowhere..

i think phil cares about glory more than anything and last night showed he is the rightful heir to gerrards throne. move over hendo
    make him captain, improve the defence, get keita bedded in and we can win things, he can lead us to a trophy or two