Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rather than negativity, I feel we are building up to something special

We're doing ok, the key to all of this is to keep improving.

We would have expected to be in around Top 4 at Christmas, we are or are likely to be so we're meeting expectations, not necessarily exceeding them.

We would have expected to come out of our CL group, hopefully we complete that on Weds, so again we're meeting expectations, not necessarily exceeding them.

We've had many false dawns, even in recent years, where a good run of form like we're in now is quickly undermined by a major drop off. We have to guard against this and I think Klopp is very much aware and on top of it.

The squad depth and scope to rest and rotate( even if there are a few gambles) is better than its been and that is hugely encouraging. Its a big factor in the current good run of form.

Get through on Wednesday and it adds to confidence again. Decent fixture list coming up over Christmas period, gives a chance to
    consolidate and improve our position. Maybe VVD in January.

A lot to be positive and optimistic about, we just need to maintain focus and concentration levels and the rest should look after itself. I too believe Klopp is slowly but surely building something special and am looking forward to the journey ahead, speedbumps and all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I donít see any negativity to be honest, just people overreacting when the team is on a bad or good spell. Pretty much what happens in every team.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    We're doing ok, the key to all of this is to keep improving.

We would have expected to be in around Top 4 at Christmas, we are or are likely to be so we're meeting expectations, not necessarily exceeding them.

We would have expected to come out of our CL group, hopefully we complete that on Weds, so again we're meeting expectations, not necessarily exceeding them.

We've had many false dawns, even in recent years, where a good run of form like we're in now is quickly undermined by a major drop off. We have to guard against this and I think Klopp is very much aware and on top of it.

The squad depth and scope to rest and rotate( even if there are a few gambles) is better than its been and that is hugely encouraging. Its a big factor in the current good run of form.

Get through on Wednesday and it adds to confidence again. Decent fixture list coming up over Christmas period, gives a chance to
    consolidate and improve our position. Maybe VVD in January.

A lot to be positive and optimistic about, we just need to maintain focus and concentration levels and the rest should look after itself. I too believe Klopp is slowly but surely building something special and am looking forward to the journey ahead, speedbumps and all.
    Good Post mate.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Well, that's a load of nonsense.

If Klopp thought like MAP, he'd likely have a better squad because he wouldn't think Lovren, Matip, and Klavan were enough.
    Haha if klopp thought like map he'd be doing liverpool podcasts and being a pedant on here

I haven't read through all the posts as I'm sure it'll echo my sentiments.

I am surprised the OP is staggered.

The level of some of our fanbase is poor from a point of view of patience and understanding that after years of under investment and average Management choices we've now found an iconic manager, a proven winner and someone with the gravitas this great club needs.

It will take more than 2.5 Seasons to to get back to any kind of consistency in terms of challenging for the title.

They assume all the **** cards we've been dealt over the years will suddenly become a full house and we'd clean up again irrespective of the fact that there are at least 3 sides who can spend pretty much how much they want when they want.

They'll use the Leicester and 'look at how Spurs are doing' as sticks to beat us with yet fail to grasp that we were 'Spurs' less than 4yrs ago and a flash in the pan season of exceptional quality means nothing long term unless you kick on from there (look at Spurs now) and that Leicester was an absolute freak of a season that will never happen again (Wimbledon beat us in an FA Cup Final once remember...)

Of course there have been mistakes (every club around us have made many in recent years too) some self inflicted and some just bad luck (we can't help RBL refusing to sell Naby to us this season for eg) and Klopp has certainly found this League the ultimate challenge at many levels but signs are there that he is getting to grips with this League and the squad is slowly being assembled in his image.

I've said it before, anyone thinking we'd be challenging for the League this Season is a deluded fool and symptomatic of those embarrassing trolls that claim to be LFC fans whist having their Klopp out meltdowns on trashy radio phone in's.

They don't represent me and I'm pretty sure they don't represent the vast majority of us either.

As fans we will have to keep faith and not be weary, we cannot look for negativity at every opportunity that some seem to want to do.

It's been a hell of a long time since we were top of the perch, the ladder is back in place and we're slowly climbing.

Calling for Klopps head after a defeat or poor performance is madness.

I'm no Sunshiner, and will always call a poor performance for what is of course but if you want to support a football team and not accept that defeats and dips in form happen maybe stick to Fifa 18 playing against amateurs when you're a World class level player.

This is the real world and if you can't be positive by what Klopp is trying to do football ain't your Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by KloppOfTheWorld View Post

The level of some of our fanbase is poor from a point of view of patience and understanding that after years of under investment and average Management choices we've now found an iconic manager, a proven winner and someone with the gravitas this great club needs.

It will take more than 2.5 Seasons to to get back to any kind of consistency in terms of challenging for the title.

They assume all the **** cards we've been dealt over the years will suddenly become a full house and we'd clean up again irrespective of the fact that there are at least 3 sides who can spend pretty much how much they want when they want.

They'll use the Leicester and 'look at how Spurs are doing' as sticks to beat us with yet fail to grasp that we were 'Spurs' less than 4yrs ago and a flash in the pan season of exceptional quality means nothing long term unless you kick on from there (look at Spurs now) and that Leicester was an absolute freak of a season that will never happen again (Wimbledon beat us in an FA Cup Final once remember...)

Of course there have been mistakes (every club around us have made many in recent years too) some self inflicted and some just bad luck (we can't help RBL refusing to sell Naby to us this season for eg) and Klopp has certainly found this League the ultimate challenge at many levels but signs are there that he is getting to grips with this League and the squad is slowly being assembled in his image.

I've said it before, anyone thinking we'd be challenging for the League this Season is a deluded fool and symptomatic of those embarrassing trolls that claim to be LFC fans whist having their Klopp out meltdowns on trashy radio phone in's.

They don't represent me and I'm pretty sure they don't represent the vast majority of us either.

As fans we will have to keep faith and not be weary, we cannot look for negativity at every opportunity that some seem to want to do.

It's been a hell of a long time since we were top of the perch, the ladder is back in place and we're slowly climbing.

I'm no Sunshiner, and will always call a poor performance for what is of course but if you want to support a football team and not accept that defeats and dips in form happen maybe stick to Fifa 18 playing against amateurs when you're a World class level player.

This is the real world and if you can't be positive by what Klopp is trying to do football ain't your Sport.
    Top post.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

great post that. think the bold bit is forgotten too easily.

We are doing as well as we should be to be honest. We are on track with expectations with what you'd expect from this squad. The frustrating thing is we could be doing much better with a better defence.

Hopefully Klopp sees that and improves it in Jan.

Generally, personally I am very happy at the moment though and would like to see Jurgen here for several more years at least.

Never seen anyone call for Kloppís head after a poor performance. If you mean that in his 3rd year at the club that people maybe expect a bit more than challenging for 4th with all the same deficiencies that were here defensively 2 and a bit years ago, well ok. I was very critical earlier on the season, you know, when we were very inconsistent? Now weíre playing better so Iím not so critical. Shoot me.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Never seen anyone call for Klopp’s head after a poor performance. If you mean that in his 3rd year at the club that people maybe expect a bit more than challenging for 4th with all the same deficiencies that were here defensively 2 and a bit years ago, well ok. I was very critical earlier on the season, you know, when we were very inconsistent? Now we’re playing better so I’m not so critical. Shoot me.
    Has happened on here.

Anyway, we're doing very well at the moment and long may it continue. Still have reservations about the defence but if our attack can keep doing what they're doing, I'm hopeful of securing CL football again for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    We are doing as well as we should be to be honest. We are on track with expectations with what you'd expect from this squad. The frustrating thing is we could be doing much better with a better defence.

Hopefully Klopp sees that and improves it in Jan.

Generally, personally I am very happy at the moment though and would like to see Jurgen here for several more years at least.
    I donít see us spending in jan to be honest, always a difficult market

Never seen anyone call for Kloppís head after a poor performance. If you mean that in his 3rd year at the club that people maybe expect a bit more than challenging for 4th with all the same deficiencies that were here defensively 2 and a bit years ago, well ok. I was very critical earlier on the season, you know, when we were very inconsistent? Now weíre playing better so Iím not so critical. Shoot me.
    You've answered your own question.

We are now challenging for top 4 with a squad with deficiencies that we have struggled with for a number of years...that I'm itself is remarkable; also many seem to forget that other Clubs do not stand still.

The playing field is no way near level and that s why Klopp is the right man at the helm at this stage in our history.

If you haven't heard fans ask for Klopp to be sacked you must have limited access to social and public media or like me sometimes remove yourself from social and public media for a few days after a defeat to avoid the nonsence.

It's happened a few time since he's been here.

Brilliant post.

Last sentence in bold sums it up.

Its a long road, a bumpy road with many twists and turns. And many more to navigate yet.

But as long as its the right road going in the right direction then we go along with it.

And for those who think Klopp is not the right man and that someone else will get us there faster...be careful for what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Has happened on here.

Anyway, we're doing very well at the moment and long may it continue. Still have reservations about the defence but if our attack can keep doing what they're doing, I'm hopeful of securing CL football again for next year.
    That wasnít after A singular bad performance though was it? It was made out that after a bad result/performance people were calling for Kloppís head. They werenít. It was a culmination of a dodgy spell of results, comic defending a goalkeeper we all knew wasnít good enough years ago and strange substitutions. I donít want to be negative now, weíre doing great. Long may it continue. As I said in an earlier post, I think weíre the only team who could currently go head to head with City and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    So in Phils world some Internet forum writer knows more than a manager with a lot of experience, won championships and cups. OK.
    You agree that Lovren, Matip, and Klavan are enough then, yeah?

Roy Hodgson has a lot of experience. Does that mean we were wrong to question him too? Of course, unless you're a hypocrite, that must be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Has happened on here.
    By who?

You agree that Lovren, Matip, and Klavan are enough then, yeah?

Roy Hodgson has a lot of experience. Does that mean we were wrong to question him too? Of course, unless you're a hypocrite, that must be the case.
    You forgot Mignolet and Karius. I know you canít just go out and pick a De Gea off the shelf, but how many times has that guy kept Utd in a match?

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    I don't know. I am always nervous and anxious going into a game. And if we win there is an almost euphoric wave of relief. And if we lose it's just a confirmation of all the nervousness I've been buliding up over the days leading into the game. So I don't think I'll ever be beyond overreacting regardless of our situation.
    I thought it was just me, pre game emotions these days are a bizarre roller-coaster mixture of optimism and fear.

I just wish Jurgen would hurry up and build up our new bastion of invincibility.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Itís clear the attack is good now on all fronts, the arrival of Keita is also going to be good therefore I expect the focus in the summer to be solely at the back end of the team and maybe in the middle, VVD signing would be fantastic especially if it was 4 weeks time however VVD alone does not immediately fix our defensive frailties.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Itís clear the attack is good now on all fronts, the arrival of Keita is also going to be good therefore I expect the focus in the summer to be solely at the back end of the team and maybe in the middle, VVD signing would be fantastic especially if it was 4 weeks time however VVD alone does not immediately fix our defensive frailties.
    Funny thing is, defending is the easiest thing to do in football. Scoring is the hardest. Thatís why attacking players go for £197 million and defenders go for £50 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Do you think it is a better team or squad than 13-14?
    **** no!!!

Balance is restoring.

All teams have ups and downs.

By who?
    After the Spurs game I seem to recall. Probably emotion involved. I was full on criticising Klopp too but I'd stop short of that.

That wasn’t after A singular bad performance though was it? It was made out that after a bad result/performance people were calling for Klopp’s head. They weren’t. It was a culmination of a dodgy spell of results, comic defending a goalkeeper we all knew wasn’t good enough years ago and strange substitutions. I don’t want to be negative now, we’re doing great. Long may it continue. As I said in an earlier post, I think we’re the only team who could currently go head to head with City and win.
    Yeah but even after a few dodgy results I still wouldn't start saying things like that, however, I was furious and still am about the lack of defensive signings in the summer.

However, there's really no point me getting worked up about it after every calamitous defensive performance because we can't do anything about it now anyway (signings wise).

Before the last match, for example, people were getting agitated again by the lack of defensive options and going back to what happened in the summer but I can't be arsed with all that anymore.

Been over it enough times already. Would rather just wait til January and the summer to see what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    I’ve been absolutely staggered so far this season over all the negativity that’s been associated with Klopp and the team. We have seen people calling for Klopp’s head in threads, those lambasting our players and others just plain downbeat. I just don’t understand why, apart from the broader fact that we have not won a title in 27 years.

We are coming 4th. We have only lost 2 league games all season and it’s December. We should qualify for the next round of the champion’s League. We have arguably the player of the season so far and a support cast of attacking quality that is second to none in Europe apart from PSG and Man City. We are at times playing breathtaking football. We have a very fine and sought after and innovative manager who has lifted us out of the 2015 mire we were in. We have some of the best young talent coming through in Gomez, TAA, Woodburn, Lewis, and Brewster. We got a stadium tha now fits over 50,000 fans.

Sure we have our bizarre moments. Our defence falters at times and we didn’t rectify it in the summer. Our keeper has constant brain farts. We miss chances. Sometimes our gaffer is slow to make changes in a game. Our captain is in a mini form slump. But as I said, look at the results since the Spurs game. Outstanding and not for a fluke Willian goal we’d be third.

The way we are playing I feel something special is building like I felt in 13-14. The title is too far away from us but I can see us catching United. I see us in the quarter finals of the CL and maybe a good FA cup run. Providing we get another defender in January’s window and get our injured players back soon without anymore, I really feel the next five and half months maybe special.
    So based on your last paragraph it will be special to hit those milestones and yet none of that will end in a trophy... Sorry I won't be finding anything special in yet another season without a trophy... We will not win anything being captained by ordinary Hendo... Soon as he goes along with the other dross and better players come in then we can talk about trophies

Alot of shouts for Vvd in January still, how has he been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    So based on your last paragraph it will be special to hit those milestones and yet none of that will end in a trophy... Sorry I won't be finding anything special in yet another season without a trophy... We will not win anything being captained by ordinary Hendo... Soon as he goes along with the other dross and better players come in then we can talk about trophies
    Dunno dude. If our attack can click, donít see how we canít beat anyone in Europe. Yeah weíre not consistent enough over the course of a season, but with Salah, Mane, Couthino and Firmino, thatís about as good as it gets. Even Ian Wright reckons our attack is as good as any in Europe. Letís start setting our sights high. Weíre in it to win it. Liverpool, 2018 Champions League winners.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    We got to 2 finals recently with 'Hendo and the other dross'

Football at the top level is defined by fine margins and large chequebooks.

Some are oblivious to this it seems.

You need to chill out a bit.

We got to 2 finals recently with 'Hendo and the other dross'

Football at the top level is defined by fine margins and large chequebooks.

Some are oblivious to this it seems.

You need to chill out a bit.
    2 finals ZERO trophies! We have the money we need to spend it! I will chill out when we quit trying to get by with ordinary dross which is exactly what we are doing... If it wasn't for our fantastic frontmen we would be mid table or worse

I suppose to be fair to all posters here (difficult in some cases ) we all want the same thing, the same outcome...that is for Liverpool to be successful on a sustainable longterm basis.

What differs wildly is the methods by which to get there, the short and longterm expectations, the patience levels as regards timescales and personnel.

Its called being a supporter.