Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rather than negativity, I feel we are building up to something special

1. #1 Default Rather than negativity, I feel we are building up to something special 
    I’ve been absolutely staggered so far this season over all the negativity that’s been associated with Klopp and the team. We have seen people calling for Klopp’s head in threads, those lambasting our players and others just plain downbeat. I just don’t understand why, apart from the broader fact that we have not won a title in 27 years.

We are coming 4th. We have only lost 2 league games all season and it’s December. We should qualify for the next round of the champion’s League. We have arguably the player of the season so far and a support cast of attacking quality that is second to none in Europe apart from PSG and Man City. We are at times playing breathtaking football. We have a very fine and sought after and innovative manager who has lifted us out of the 2015 mire we were in. We have some of the best young talent coming through in Gomez, TAA, Woodburn, Lewis, and Brewster. We got a stadium tha now fits over 50,000 fans.

Sure we have our bizarre moments. Our defence falters at times and we didn’t rectify it in the summer. Our keeper has constant brain farts. We miss chances. Sometimes our gaffer is slow to make changes in a game. Our captain is in a mini form slump. But as I said, look at the results since the Spurs game. Outstanding and not for a fluke Willian goal we’d be third.

The way we are playing I feel something special is building like I felt in 13-14. The title is too far away from us but I can see us catching United. I see us in the quarter finals of the CL and maybe a good FA cup run. Providing we get another defender in January’s window and get our injured players back soon without anymore, I really feel the next five and half months maybe special.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    We're on a really good run, we've had the quality of our attack alongside with the form of Salah help us having said that we're not there yet, this squad doesn't have the quality to compete yet. Let us continue this good form without getting overly carried away. Klopp could build something special absolutely but he cannot turn a blind eye to the weak areas of the squad.
    ?

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    If Willian hadn't scored that fluke goal we would have been 3rd in the league now. We've only lost twice this season too; away to City and Spurs.

Our next few games aren't the worst either...

Everton (H)
    WBA (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Arsenal (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Leicester City (H)

If we can take 13-15 points from them games we should consolidate ourselves in the top 4 before the month is up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    We're on a really good run, we've had the quality of our attack alongside with the form of Salah help us having said that we're not there yet, this squad doesn't have the quality to compete yet. Let us continue this good form without getting overly carried away. Klopp could build something special absolutely but he cannot turn a blind eye to the weak areas of the squad.
    Completely disagree. It is a quality squad that lacks three players that would make it into a title winning team: a quality keeper, an imposing defender and a number 6. I still think Karius can be that keeper one day and if we bought VVD in January that alone would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Completely disagree. It is a quality squad that lacks three players that would make it into a title winning team: a quality keeper, an imposing defender and a number 6. I still think Karius can be that keeper one day and if we bought VVD in January that alone would make a huge difference.
    You can get these 3 players and still trail City by 10 points in December.

GivinItBifters is online now Academy prospect
    It is clear to me that Klopp is building a team/squad, slowly but surely and in the process getting the best out of it with devastating attacking ability. This it seems is His way of maximising our resources until he can bolster the defence and midfield. With arguably the best attack in Europe we are surely giving ourselves the best chance of success and as time goes on we'll only strengthen - with the exception of Coutinho of course - and become a real force.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    You can get these 3 players and still trail City by 10 points in December.
    Do you think it is a better team or squad than 13-14?

I agree with you there, those positions have been our blind spots, I don't know what you disagreed with exactly. You're saying exactly what I'm saying. I've learnt my lesson not to get carried away, I predicted a 3rd place finish, if I was offered 4th today I'd take it now. Whilst we look very good the flaws are still there, the weaknesses are still there. I won't be satisfied if we don't sort it out.
    ?

Squad yes, first 11? I don't know. We had Suarez and Gerrard.
    ?

Better squad definitely. Better than 08/09 as well imo.

Better team? No sure really, but as a squad definitely. Been a long time since we had so many good options on the bench.

If you add a Van Dijk, Keita and one or two more, we could be set for a stellar season next year. Klopp only needs to get us top 4 this year. I have absolutely no doubt we'll go on a run that Chelsea and City have done in the past 2 seasons and have every chance of a title one day.

Better squad definitely. Better than 08/09 as well imo.

Better team? No sure really, but as a squad definitely. Been a long time since we had so many good options on the bench.

If you add a Van Dijk, Keita and one or two more, we could be set for a stellar season next year. Klopp only needs to get us top 4 this year. I have absolutely no doubt we'll go on a run that Chelsea and City have done in the past 2 season and have every chance of a title.
    Yes this should be our only target.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    If Willian hadn't scored that fluke goal we would have been 3rd in the league now. We've only lost twice this season too; away to City and Spurs.

Everton (H) 3
    WBA (H) 3
    Bournemouth (A) 3
    Arsenal (A) 0
    Swansea (H) 3
    Leicester City (H) 3

J
    If we can take 13-15 points from them games we should consolidate ourselves in the top 4 before the month is up.
    15 is a must

No choice really with the pace City are setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post

Everton (H)
    WBA (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Arsenal (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Leicester City (H)

I can see Bournemouth being a tricky game and I feel Arsenal will fall into our traps like they did at Anfield but the rest should be wins.
    ?

No choice really with the pace City are setting.
    City can take the title this year not fussed but we cannot afford to drop out of the top four its that simple really.
    ?

I agree with you there, those positions have been our blind spots, I don't know what you disagreed with exactly. You're saying exactly what I'm saying. I've learnt my lesson not to get carried away, I predicted a 3rd place finish, if I was offered 4th today I'd take it now. Whilst we look very good the flaws are still there, the weaknesses are still there. I won't be satisfied if we don't sort it out.
    Yeah I’m not sure what we are disagreeing on either! I will give myself an uppercut. I said third also at the start of the season. I think we are better
    Spurs and Arsenal but on par with United.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    We always do this after a few good results. Look, after an amazing run of results we're 4th. So unless special is 4th or 5th lets just calm down.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    We always do this after a few good results. Look, after an amazing run of results we're 4th. So unless special is 4th or 5th lets just calm down.
    In fairness, we also do the exact opposite after one bad result.

What else do you think we should go for with a squad that isn't ready to challenge for a domestic or European title?

Forget FA and League cup they are the lowest priority for clubs competing for CL places.

Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    What else do you think we should go for with a squad that isn't ready to challenge for a domestic or European title?

Forget FA and League cup they are the lowest priority for clubs competing for CL places.
    Nothing till we improve the three areas mentioned above.
    ?

Nothing till we improve the three areas mentioned above.
    Oh you were serious? Apologies, thought you were being sarcastic

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    In all seriousness we could still win the league.

I'd respect that statement if you were as quick to condemn the incredible over reaction by the doomsayers whenever we lose. Not only that after winning again yesterday there has still been plenty of negative comments......including from you.

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    City can go 2 points a game from here and reach 88.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Since Keita is coming these are the key positions, and have been for some time. The concern is whether they'll be addressed in a timely manner. I worry that we'll slip in other areas if we don't. The 'quicksand' dilemma has to be avoided.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    On paper perhaps but not really mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I'd respect that statement if you were as quick to condemn the incredible over reaction by the doomsayers whenever we lose. Not only that after winning again yesterday there has still been plenty of negative comments......including from you.
    We scored 5 away goals at a ground no one except City have won at with 2 midfielders in a back 3, Salah didn't score and Mané wasn't on even on the pitch.

What is there possibly to be negative about?

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    We've already built a special forward line. We are, however, sitting on our hands with a defence that's only special in the pejorative sense.

Can’t build anything with a bad defence. Until we sort that out we’re going to forever fall short.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    On paper perhaps but not really mate.
    Let's see where we are at Christmas eh?

Really I just want my username to be back in vogue. That and the pyro.