Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The (Ever-So-Slightly-Early) Christmas Thread

1. #1 Thumbs up The (Ever-So-Slightly-Early) Christmas Thread 
    I'd just like to wish all my fellow posters and our hard working mods a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, may your wishes be granted and your dreams fulfilled.

YNWA

P.S. When are the Christmas smilies going to be available?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    I'd just like to wish all my fellow posters and our hard working mods a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, may your wishes be granted and your dreams fulfilled.

YNWA

P.S. When are the Christmas smilies going to be available?
    It'll be at least another two weeks before we see the Christmas smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    It'll be at least another two weeks before we see the Christmas smilies.
    I'm not sure I can wait that long kas74.

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    I'm not sure I can wait that long kas74.
    Hopefully they'll all be working this year....

1970 musical version of Scrooge is the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    I'm a sucker for Scrooged, I cant help but sing the last song out loud at the top of my voice when I'm watching it, makes me very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVvkj7jL-RM
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Another Christmas already?

oh dear

Don't actually know where this year has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I'm a sucker for Scrooged, I cant help but sing the last song out loud at the top of my voice when I'm watching it, makes me very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVvkj7jL-RM
    Its great though the actress, forget her name, could add to it by now and then screaming melodically 'Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!'

Christmas means- Die Hard (movie, not anything sinister!), Cadbury's Roses, a beer at early hours, football, getting so fed up of Christmas dinners that you order a Chinese, Box sets, seeing cousins you don't like, and finally, a bare-looking room after the deco's are taken down and January slaps you in the arse.

I LOVE ITTTT

Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    Christmas means- Die Hard (movie, not anything sinister!), Cadbury's Roses, a beer at early hours, football, getting so fed up of Christmas dinners that you order a Chinese, Box sets, seeing cousins you don't like, and finally, a bare-looking room after the deco's are taken down and January slaps you in the arse.

I LOVE ITTTT
    Don't forget darts

I love Christmas. I love the music, I love the decorations, I love that added bit of positivity and excitement in the air, I love the fact that there are games on every couple of days and I love the weather around Christmas time. Really looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Don't forget darts
    Oh yes! The ol' " we best hit the pub for the darts...." then proceed to talk ***** the whole way through it and get drunk

I LOVE ITTTT
    I always take the decorations down a little bit at a time,it looks too bare otherwise and makes January even more depressing than it already is.

I always take the decorations down a little bit at a time,it looks too bare otherwise and makes January even more depressing than it already is.
    A cunning stratagem. I may try that. The same with cards etc, we had new baby and christening cards up for the last 3 months, and now they are all gone, it looks like a little bare by comparison. I need to put up some tinsel and garland soon.

I LOVE ITTTT
    I love it too. It means ‘going home for Christmas’ Various wines, mince pies, christmas cake. Midnight Mass, late night and an early morning, shredded wrapping paper. Dining in the ‘good’ room, roaring fire. Visiting friends & neighbours, more dinners, more visits, turkey sandwiches. Contented dogs. Plenty of football and wishing Santa brings us good results!! What’s not to like!!

A cunning stratagem. I may try that. The same with cards etc, we had new baby and christening cards up for the last 3 months, and now they are all gone, it looks like a little bare by comparison. I need to put up some tinsel and garland soon.
    I bought some decals for the windows but they kept falling off,all I've got to show for my efforts is some tinsel draped over the living room mirror.

I bought some decals for the windows but they kept falling off,all I've got to show for my efforts is some tinsel draped over the living room mirror.
    But you made an effort kas74 and that counts for something at least.

As for me, I've had slightly more luck with window decorations but I'm not going too crazy just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Nah animation with Jim Carey as voice is v good.

Christmas tree in the corner.

Wreath on the front door.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I love Christmas. I love the music, I love the decorations, I love that added bit of positivity and excitement in the air, I love the fact that there are games on every couple of days and I love the weather around Christmas time. Really looking forward to it
    I agree with all you said .. Not sure where you live, SliceOfLife, but I am in South Africa so, for me at least, the weather is fantastic around Christmas time. I'm sure there are those in the Northern Hemisphere who wouldn't agree though ..

Merry Christmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I agree with all you said .. Not sure where you live, SliceOfLife, but I am in South Africa so, for me at least, the weather is fantastic around Christmas time. I'm sure there are those in the Northern Hemisphere who wouldn't agree though ..

Merry Christmas all!
    I love South Africa, I was in Cape Town a couple of months ago, lovely place. I live in Belgium and Christmas time in Brussels is probably the only time that it doesn't look like a garbage can Christmas markets, hot chocolate, warm belgian waffles, Christmas beers, warm wine etc. Amazing, I love it.

I do like the winter solstice.

Not so much the commercialization of the same into the modern 'Christmas'.

Here comes Coca Cola Clause...I mean Santa.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stor...re-santa-claus

I love South Africa, I was in Cape Town a couple of months ago, lovely place. I live in Belgium and Christmas time in Brussels is probably the only time that it doesn't look like a garbage can Christmas markets, hot chocolate, warm belgian waffles, Christmas beers, warm wine etc. Amazing, I love it.
    That sounds idyllic, Christmas perfection

What a lovely thread.

Reading people clearly getting giddy just thinking about the things they like, and hope to do, during this time of the year is just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    What a lovely thread.

Reading people clearly getting giddy just thinking about the things they like, and hope to do, during this time of the year is just brilliant.
    Tis nice, for it............................tis the season to be jolly, traaa laaa la la la etc etc

I love it, the whole feel of it, the cosiness, doing the tree, eating, and I got me a log fire to burn as well. Joys of it all.

Sounds amazing for sure. As much as I love warm weather, at some point I would love to experience a White Christmas - what you described there pretty much sums it up for me (maybe if you throw in chestnuts on an open fire as well). Thoroughly enjoy Brussels, I really thought it was a very pretty city both times I was there, full of history and culture, although the mussels were somewhat tasteless (surprising because I thought they were something of a national dish) .. surprised you referred to it as a garbage can

Cape Town is by far and away the most amazing city in SA, really beautiful place, although the people there tend to be quite cliquey. Not surprised you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    What a lovely thread.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Tis nice, for it............................tis the season to be jolly, traaa laaa la la la etc etc

I love it, the whole feel of it, the cosiness, doing the tree, eating, and I got me a log fire to burn as well. Joys of it all.
    Absolutely agree!

We're putting up one of the trees tonight,if we can find all the pieces.....

Christmas here = squeeze with lots of people.