Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ings - What's Next?

1. #1 Default Danny Ings - What's Next? 
    Now I'm probably expecting short line answers on this such as 'gone in Jan' or 'continuing his rehab at u23' but just reading he got another 2 goals today,

Obviously too good for this level and needs to get back playing regular first team football, my question is will he ever get back to his best and will we ever see him play for the senior side again?

I remember that cameo he had v spurs in the cup just before suffering the relapse and he was fantastic that day
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

He's only little. Maybe starring as an Ewok, Warwick Davis's or Tom Cruises stunt double.

He will come back to score 28 goals that win us the title, score the winning goal in the champions league final ,win the Balon D' or and break Ian Rush's record for most goals

I can't see him getting a look in here now. Who would he replace in the team or even on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    I can't see him getting a look in here now. Who would he replace in the team or even on the bench?
    Yeah, imagine he came in the same summer Luis left. People often talk about Balotelli replacing Luis but Ings was brought in as well. Ings might have made a lot more of himself if he didn't get all those injuries, maybe he could get a shot at a team like Burnley, I don't think he moved to the right club, too much for him but hopefully he will salvage something, he is in career saving mode now. The club should let him go so he can do that I think.

Honestly, I am just very happy to see him healthy again. He needs to keep playing and focusing on the little things every day.

The club needs to keep him healthy and home until next summer, and let him move on.

He still needs to keep playing and stay out of the limelight, while he keeps strengthening and getting his game back. Best of luck to Danny! Good lad!

surely some struggling teams must be tempted with a 10 million poind bid. you cant tell me he wouldnt improve the likes of huddersfield who are crying out for a striker with some sort of quality

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Sold or loaned out to another PL club. I think he should go back to Burnley, he'll do well there.
    ?

What a shame, feel so sorry for him.

No idea whats next for the lad, hopefully not another career threatening injury. Quite frankly, anything else in football will be a bonus for him from now on.

I think there are a few sides in the Premier League who might consider taking a punt on him. If not then the Championship teams would certainly be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post
    Honestly, I am just very happy to see him healthy again. He needs to keep playing and focusing on the little things every day.

The club needs to keep him healthy and home until next summer, and let him move on.

He still needs to keep playing and stay out of the limelight, while he keeps strengthening and getting his game back. Best of luck to Danny! Good lad!
    Same. Completely agree with all of this. Danny just needs to build up his fitness and some momentum.

I've mentioned it quite a few times in the past, but the guy has had 4 serious knee injuries now (2 ACLs and and he has also torn the cartilage in both his right and left knees whilst at Burnley) and he's only 25! He hasn't started a game (in all competitions) since October 4th in 2015.

The guy must be mentally shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Same. Completely agree with all of this. Danny just needs to build up his fitness and some momentum.

I've mentioned it quite a few times in the past, but the guy has had 4 serious knee injuries now (2 ACLs and and he has also torn the cartilage in both his right and left knees whilst at Burnley) and he's only 25! He hasn't started a game (in all competitions) since October 4th in 2015.

The guy must be mentally shattered.
    Good posts these. But to me he looks like he has mental toughness. He is still training with the first team so he must be near true match fitness with all the U23 games he has played. I've said before maybe he could be a poor mans backup to Bobby. Happyish to be a bench warmer, but a good backup.

Having said all that I expect he will be allowed to leave in the summer. Maybe a loan in January for Klopp to make a final assessment.

Whatever happens I wish him luck after so much heartbreak.

The championship. Not even the best player in our U23s

I am struggling to understand why we signed him in the first place but yes, if he has an inch of desire to play profesional football he should ask to leave in January.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    He needs to move on. Was never a Liverpool player and he shouldn't be wasting his time here.

I'd try and sort him out a loan to a PL club for the rest of the season. Chances are that would result in him being sold in the summer, unless he did something ridiculous like score 20 goals before May. But at the very least it should bump his value back up a bit and get him up to speed for wherever he heads next.

Would be a good signing for a team like Swansea and Newcastle

What's next? He gets sold to Bournemouth for 10 million.

Hed do well at Swansea I think. They desperately need players in Jan or they are gone. His goals could be the difference (although Clement is probably the next in the sack race).

A loan to Swansea then a permanent move (there or elsewhere) in the summer would make sense

Who was telling me he'd get plenty of game time before the start of the season

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Would be a good signing for a team like Swansea and Newcastle
    You are right.

He's a perfect fit for Newcastle inn my view, and I expect him to go there on loan or otherwise in the window.

They need a poacher. I thought I heard Rafa say something nice about him, but I might have dreamt that

So where will Ings end up this January?

Danny Ings has been linked with a January move to West Brom (Birmingham Mail)
    Stoke City are also being linked with a January move for Liverpool striker Danny Ings (The Sentinel)
    Crystal Palace are interested in bringing Danny Ings to Selhurst Park on loan (Croydon Advertiser)
    Liverpools Danny Ings wanted on loan by West Ham and Newcastle (The Guardian)

I actually think he could get into most of if not all of those sides starting XIs. It'll be a good opportunity for Danny to prove his fitness and ability on a short term deal, before looking for a permanent move in the summer.

So where will Ings end up this January?

Danny Ings has been linked with a January move to West Brom (Birmingham Mail)
    Stoke City are also being linked with a January move for Liverpool striker Danny Ings (The Sentinel)
    Crystal Palace are interested in bringing Danny Ings to Selhurst Park on loan (Croydon Advertiser)
    Liverpool’s Danny Ings wanted on loan by West Ham and Newcastle (The Guardian)

I actually think he could get into most of if not all of those sides starting XIs. It'll be a good opportunity for Danny to prove his fitness and ability on a short term deal, before looking for a permanent move in the summer.
    It makes sense for him, I'd like to see him go to Newcastle and help Rafa stay up

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    It makes sense for him, I'd like to see him go to Newcastle and help Rafa stay up
    I'd like to see him at Newcastle also, although methinks Rafa is staying up, Ings or no Ings.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Ings isn't even close to good enough for this club. A complete waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    I'd like to see him at Newcastle also, although methinks Rafa is staying up, Ings or no Ings.
    Maybe, although they really struggle to score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Ings isn't even close to good enough for this club. A complete waste of money.
    I think that Ings could have been a decent second or third choice striker for us. Given his injury issues since joining our club we'll never know though, I guess. If he manages to stay fit between January and the summer at his new club, we'll probably make a healthy profit on him in the summer too.

I think that Ings could have been a decent second or third choice striker for us. Given his injury issues since joining our club we'll never know though, I guess. If he manages to stay fit between January and the summer at his new club, we'll probably make a healthy profit on him in the summer too.
    I don't see how. There's no situation in which I'd want to call on him.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    I don't see how. There's no situation in which I'd want to call on him.
    Not now, no. There isn't space for Danny in our squad. However, I do think he would have gotten plenty of minutes in Jurgen's first season here. Possibly in his second, too.

Ings has a ceiling and I agree that he isn't good enough for a club with our ambitions. However, his career was progressing nicely before that first ACL and I believe that he could have been a useful option off the bench for the past couple of years.

We'll never know though I guess. As I said though, if he goes out on loan and manages to put together a run of games until next summer, I'm sure we'll make a profit on him.

Not now, no. There isn't space for Danny in our squad. However, I do think he would have gotten plenty of minutes in Jurgen's first season here. Possibly in his second, too.

Ings has a ceiling and I agree that he isn't good enough for a club with our ambitions. However, his career was progressing nicely before that first ACL and I believe that he could have been a useful option off the bench for the past couple of years.

We'll never know though I guess. As I said though, if he goes out on loan and manages to put together a run of games until next summer, I'm sure we'll make a profit on him.
    I don't see what the point would have been in Klopp giving him loads of minutes.