Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Third Round Draw

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    We need a full strength team. We need to win a cup.
    This. Unlikely to catch Man City and it's going to take bringing in two top class centre halves to be in contention in the latter stages of Europe. FA Cup best hope.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Nice easy draw.

Big match, this one. I feel we need to win it as much for us to have a cup run, as for Everton not to get any momentum going with Allerdyce. A win would be a big boost for them. Nasty draw to get them tbh.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Big match, this one. I feel we need to win it as much for us to have a cup run, as for Everton not to get any momentum going with Allerdyce. A win would be a big boost for them. Nasty draw to get them tbh.
    Everton will throw everything at it. We have to go in tooled up.

It would be so sweet if we're the ones to end Evertons season and go to Goodison later in the year and sing "You haven't won a trophy since 1995".

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Everton will throw everything at it. We have to go in tooled up.
    I fear they’ll care about it more too.

Easiest draw possible that, get in

Absolutely. They can salvage an otherwise 'meh' season, by getting stuck into the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenWins View Post
    Easiest draw possible that, get in
    I reckon the 'Prince of Wales" could beat them by himself.

Absolutely. They can salvage an otherwise 'meh' season, by getting stuck into the cup.
    Hopefully our quality outshines their motivation!

Hopefully our quality outshines their motivation!
    They will be crushed and mushed into the pitch.

The groundsmen will have the unenviable task of trying to scrape up the remains, and then scrubbing the unsightly blueish stains out of the grass.

There'll be calls for umpteen bottles of Domestos and Dettol to clean up the mess.

The groundsmen will have the unenviable task of trying to scrape up the remains, and then scrubbing the unsightly blueish stains out of the grass.

There'll be calls for umpteen bottles of Domestos and Dettol to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    I still hope our 2nd team will play in that game.
    Has Klopp fielded a strong XI* in the FA Cup? Haven't most under him gone to replays....?

*strong as in most of the key players playing, not just spatterings.
    People will believe what they want to believe

They'll have to donate their bodies to science, but unfortunately there won't be much left. Imagine this on Sunday. Jurgen Klopp walks up to Fat Sam and says I'm putting you on notice Allardyce....I'm gonna destroy you.

Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Home draw is certainly the bonus. Certainly not as easy as some are saying on here and i am sure its Bravado anyway. However its a tougher draw for Everton tho for sure.

Read an interesting fact that we've never beaten Everton in a domestic cup competiton at Anfield...EVER. How mad is this.

Theres quite a few weeks between now and then. Injuries, Form, Rotation....transfer window deals could change everything so no prediction as yet from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Home draw is certainly the bonus. Certainly not as easy as some are saying on here and i am sure its Bravado anyway. However its a tougher draw for Everton tho for sure.

Read an interesting fact that we've never beaten Everton in a domestic cup competiton at Anfield...EVER. How mad is this.

Theres quite a few weeks between now and then. Injuries, Form, Rotation....transfer window deals could change everything so no prediction as yet from me.
    Everton haven't beaten us at Anfield since 1999. I see that run continuing. Shrek is going to have some turnaround. Winning medals on Uniteds bench to getting games whilst avoiding relegation.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Liverpool's FA Cup third-round tie with Everton will be played on Friday January 5.

The Merseyside derby clash has been scheduled for a 7.55pm GMT kick-off, with the BBC to broadcast the game live

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Liverpool's FA Cup third-round tie with Everton will be played on Friday January 5.

The Merseyside derby clash has been scheduled for a 7.55pm GMT kick-off, with the BBC to broadcast the game live
    playing sat 30th,mon 1st and now Friday 5th.klopp will definitely rest players for the cup game with man city coming up the following week.

game should favor everton.

Buzzing that this is the Friday night, I go on holiday Saturday so wouldn’t be able to go. Looks like I’m having a hungover flight!

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    playing sat 30th,mon 1st and now Friday 5th.klopp will definitely rest players for the cup game with man city coming up the following week.

Why rest players before a 9 day gap?

If anything I'd expect to see a lot of rotation for the Burnley match on the first instead. Learn from the points dropped at Sunderland last year on the 1 day between matches schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post

If anything I'd expect to see a lot of rotation for the Burnley match on the first instead. Learn from the points dropped at Sunderland last year on the 1 day between matches schedule.
    top 4 more important than fa cup,they will need a rest after the burnley game.

Yeah, I wouldn't think either Leicester or Burnley would get the 'first' XI but there's likely to be at least 6 or 7 changes between the two games, if not more. After that we'll probably pick a stronger XI for Everton.

top 4 more important than fa cup,they will need a rest after the burnley game.
    They have 8 days to rest after the cup game before the match against City. Why throw a lousy side into the cup? Do you want to bomb out of it at the first hurdle like the other cup just so people can have a go at Klopp for winning nothing? We'll rotate a fair number for the Leicester and Burnley matches because trying to go strong in both is stupid (exhibit a: dropping points against Sunderland in a similar set-up last year). That lets us go full bore in the cup just like Everton will and we'll smash them.

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference

League:

Mignolet
    Gomez Matip Lovren Moreno
    Lallana Henderson Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

FA cup:

Karius
    Arnold Can klavan Robertson
    Ox Wijnaldum Milner
    Sturridge Solanke Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by Jur-Gone View Post
    League:

Mignolet
    Gomez Matip Lovren Moreno
    Lallana Henderson Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

FA cup:

Karius
    Arnold Can klavan Robertson
    Ox Wijnaldum Milner
    Sturridge Solanke Woodburn
    And we'd be right out of the cup...

They have 8 days to rest after the cup game before the match against City. Why throw a lousy side into the cup? Do you want to bomb out of it at the first hurdle like the other cup just so people can have a go at Klopp for winning nothing? We'll rotate a fair number for the Leicester and Burnley matches because trying to go strong in both is stupid (exhibit a: dropping points against Sunderland in a similar set-up last year). That lets us go full bore in the cup just like Everton will and we'll smash them.
    Its not about how many days they have to rest before city game,its about how tired certain players are after the Christmas period,tiredness=injuries.

wouldn't be surprised that mane & salah are rotated for Leicester & burnley games,but could see the likes of karius,arnold,robertson,milner,ox chamberlain,woodburn,solanke,sturridge getting a run in cup game.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jur-Gone View Post
    God, I can see the smirk on fat Sam's face if he knocks us out.
    not going tohappen

It's so much more important for them and their fans. It's really is the only think they have left. They won't end up higher Han us in the league which would represent a successful season for them so to knock us out would mean everything. Tough tough draw.

Its not about how many days they have to rest before city game,its about how tired certain players are after the Christmas period,tiredness=injuries.

wouldn't be surprised that mane & salah are rotated for Leicester & burnley games,but could see the likes of karius,arnold,robertson,milner,ox chamberlain,woodburn,solanke,sturridge getting a run in cup game.
    Have you not realised that Klopp will rotate during the Christmas period? So an 8 day gap between the cup game and City game is massive. It's not like last season when we had the FA cup game, the League Cup semi on the tuesday and the league game on the Saturday.

So Klopp can actually go strong for both the FA Cup game and the City game due to the 8 day gap.

Quote Originally Posted by watchya View Post
    It's so much more important for them and their fans. It's really is the only think they have left. They won't end up higher Han us in the league which would represent a successful season for them so to knock us out would mean everything. Tough tough draw.
    It shouldn't be more important for them, they have little chance of winning the trophy so beating us is all they might gain from it. We could win it IF we put out a strong side and catch some breaks in the draw, but frankly I can see why some managers put out second strings because there's too many games and you might win a cup but with so many rounds, draws etc you can only really think you're on to win it at QFs earliest.
    People will believe what they want to believe