Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Spartak Post Match

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephKerr View Post
    An amazing game and a deserving result, top of the group and into the next round. And it makes such a difference watching a game when you're not worried about errors being made and the subsequent 'squeaky bum time' wondering whether we'll still qualify or not as has happened in previous seasons.

It was a total joy to watch, and to be honest the chubb I got from the game has only just subsided and I had to look at the Wife to make it go down.

Hoping for a similar game & result against Neverton on Sunday.
    Can't say I ever got chubb from watching us
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    The front three's movement last night was sublime and was the main reason why Coutinho (who was deeper) got his hat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    Can't say I ever got chubb from watching us
    At my age I need any kind of natural stimulus I can get!

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    I keep watching the highlights.
    ?

Amazing result and some amazing goals. Mane's first. salah's goal. Wow.

The record goalscorers from England for the group stages surpassing Utd in 1999.

BUT...we are beating dross. We have beaten Malbor West Ham Huddersfield Southampton Brighton Stoke recently. 21 goals in 6 games. Thats great and you can only beat whats in front of you as the saying goes but among those wins were 2 games against better opposition where we scored 4 but conceded 4 goals.

Everton will be interesting because its Big Sam and he will set them up not to concede. I think we should still win but they are not first class opposition are they. The draw for the CL round of 16 will be interesting in that we could play one of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Armchair phycology is next to useless with no correlation to emotion shown on the pitch to a desire to move.
    But with that said, Coutinho looks seriously miserable these days and that's when he scores.

Shout at me if you will, but I thought Klavan was excellent. You can argue it was against weal opposition and that we were dominant, but he had good decision-making, seemed cool and incisive.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Shout at me if you will, but I thought Klavan was excellent. You can argue it was against weal opposition and that we were dominant, but he had good decision-making, seemed cool and incisive.
    He was impressive last night yes, looked very composed
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post

The record goalscorers from England for the group stages surpassing Utd in 1999.

BUT...we are beating dross. We have beaten Malbor West Ham Huddersfield Southampton Brighton Stoke recently. 21 goals in 6 games. Thats great and you can only beat whats in front of you as the saying goes but among those wins were 2 games against better opposition where we scored 4 but conceded 4 goals.

Everton will be interesting because its Big Sam and he will set them up not to concede. I think we should still win but they are not first class opposition are they. The draw for the CL round of 16 will be interesting in that we could play one of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.
    Roy Keane wannabee
    dont look back in anger.

I'd like to give a shout out to James Milner. I love that man. He gets on with it in whatever role he's asked to do and 99% of the time, he does a decent if not excellent job. Top man.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Hendo being dropped was a massive statement for me
    Hardly dropped, he'll come right back in for Everton.

it's funny how the 2 drubbings we gave Maribor and Spartak came when Hendo wasn't used...we play much better without him

He's been good since he came in against Southampton.

Made some really god blocks last night and some good passing from the back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post

it's funny how the 2 drubbings we gave Maribor and Spartak came when Hendo wasn't used...we play much better without him
    And the Arsenal and Brighton games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    And the Arsenal and Brighton games.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post

Cos anything that could have been a through ball would have gone back to Karius

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Roy Keane wannabee
    Who on Earth would wannabee that charmless dolt?

What is it with the posters on this forum!
    We draw with Sevilla ...... "Sell the lot of 'em"
    We play an almost flawless game last night and we are odds-on favourites to win the Champions League.
    Is there any middle ground?

Last night was a joy to watch even though I didn't breathe easily until Mané smashed in the 4th goal.

On a marginally negative note: Is Can becoming the new Lucas with his stupid fouls? He gets a yellow after about 10 minutes and is on tenterhooks for the remainder of the game.

Finally: I think Lovren and Klavan is the best pairing at centre back that we can field at the moment.

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    I keep watching the highlights.
    I just watched it a for a 2nd time just now. The 3rd goal is so mad.....i said in the match thread that their full-backs were trying to cheat against us and those fast lads we have up front and it would be a disaster and 5 minutes later their LB is trying to outrun Mane, gets an under hit pass and now Mane is in and seconds later Firmino is scoring. Crazy tactics by Spartak but it was great for us.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    think in general the back line was fine last night. did what they had to do with no drama for a change, thought gomez did well when he moved to center back and is coming along nicely. still wary of karius though.

I personally thought Spartak were excellent last night

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post

and last season we were beating city, chelsea arsenal etc - your point is what exactly. over the last few seasons we have all seen the evolution of this team/squad, and even though there is more work to be done surely it can't be denied that it is getting better and more consistent.

why there is this perpetual fear of playing a so called big team i have no idea - we are also a big team and the only true way determine how far we have gone, and still need to go, is to face the other ones when it matters most. dunno about you but im looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanogdearg View Post
    We play an almost flawless game last night and we are odds-on favourites to win the Champions League.

Last night was a joy to watch even though I didn't breathe easily until Mané smashed in the 4th goal.

On a marginally negative note: Is Can becoming the new Lucas with his stupid fouls? He gets a yellow after about 10 minutes and is on tenterhooks for the remainder of the game.

Finally: I think Lovren and Klavan is the best pairing at centre back that we can field at the moment.
    There is little middle ground with LFC supporters, maybe supporters in general. Its like a pendulum that swings back and forth with only a minority sitting on the fulcrum.
    Agree with CB pairing, they are doing well at present but still not well enough or for long enough to have real confidence in them either. A CB in January is a must, particularly now that we have progressed in CL.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect

Something felt different yesterday. Never felt worried in the slightest. Was more convinced at 2-0 last night than 3-0 vs Brighton in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    I personally thought Spartak were excellent last night
    They looked good in the warm up

Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    I just watched it a for a 2nd time just now. The 3rd goal is so mad.....i said in the match thread that their full-backs were trying to cheat against us and those fast lads we have up front and it would be a disaster and 5 minutes later their LB is trying to outrun Mane, gets an under hit pass and now Mane is in and seconds later Firmino is scoring. Crazy tactics by Spartak but it was great for us.
    But what if Mane hadn't skied that 'easy' chance? Now, THAT would have been one of the greatest goals Anfield has witnessed.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    ****** excellent game and result. Didn’t get to watch live but watched chunks of it late last night here.

That first Mane goal. Wow.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    What’s the word on Mane?

Milner did well when he came on. This time last season Milner started to look knackered. Now he’s fresh so between him and Roberson we should be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    What’s the word on Mane?

Milner did well when he came on. This time last season Milner started to look knackered. Now he’s fresh so between him and Roberson we should be okay?
    You mean Moreno right ?

Not seen anything too be honest; we have good cover there as you say

I'd be surprised if you could find me one person who said either of those things. And even if you could, it would not be the same person making each statement. We have a huge fanbase; it figures that you're going to get extremes and varying opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    What’s the word on Mane?

Milner did fantastically well but it's not a position he should be playing constantly in, prefer to see Robertson there for the duration of Alberto's absence