Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartak Post Match

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Wasnt hugely troubled, 3 or so tame efforts more or less at him to deal with... Did what he had to do
    His presence was felt imo.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    We've played no one were his words, and any decent team we do play wont give us any time or space

Yaaawwwwnnn
    Maybe just maybe Keano posts on here too.... only saying.....

Slow out of the blocks looking back at early draws conceded at beginning of group phase, but what a blistering finish!

Bring on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    100% Jurgenís fault.
    I love it

Delighted with the result! Missed the game but will definitely be watching the match later on. I don't want to put a dent in the celebrations but I keep reading about Cou's body language after scoring from other sites. Was it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafter View Post
    Delighted with the result! Missed the game but will definitely be watching the match later on. I don't want to put a dent in the celebrations but I keep reading about Cou's body language after scoring from other sites. Was it really that bad?
    If he wants to go then he wants to go, and there is little we could do to convince him. As long as he his performing and putting the work in then that's all we can ask for. He can have a gob on him all season long as long as he's playing well.

I dont think there's a good enough chance he will leave in January to be concerned about.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc View Post
    Roy Keane sucking lemons having to talk about Liverpool's game tonight on ITV.
    No match in his back garden tonight then?

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    A rather enjoyable evening. The front 4 were fantastic.

Would be nice to see some of you discuss the actual game rather than taking shots at other posters yet again.
    Wouldn't it just.

I want to give a pump for Gini too. Great game from him and he deservedly got an 8 from the Echo. He is an invaluable player despite the slagging he gets from some of you. Very unselfish. Plays any role Klopp wants him to despite his natural disposition as a number 10. People donít get this. Sure he has an occasional quiet game but he also has been influential in many others. Very good player for us.

Have to say James Milner was absolutely fantastic when he came on.

Three assists, full of running, but more than that showed character and leadership, was pulling the boys into place and giving out rollickings when needed.

Excellent shift.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If he wants to go then he wants to go, and there is little we could do to convince him. As long as he his performing and putting the work in then that's all we can ask for. He can have a gob on him all season long as long as he's playing well.

I dont think there's a good enough chance he will leave in January to be concerned about.
    Klopp said he didn't rule out Phil leaving in Jan. He said he didn't think about it whatever that means. The best we can hope for imo is that he stays for the season now and decides to go the Suarez route of achieving what he can while still here one last season.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post
    Have to say James Milner was absolutely fantastic when he came on.

Three assists, full of running, but more than that showed character and leadership, was pulling the boys into place and giving out rollickings when needed.

Excellent shift.
    I think he did a very good job. He certainly doesn't worry me at left back, which is more than can be said for others.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    Klopp said he didn't rule out Phil leaving in Jan. He said he didn't think about it whatever that means. The best we can hope for imo is that he stays for the season now and decides to go the Suarez route of achieving what he can while still here one last season.
    I'll rule it out. I don't see it happening. And I don't think Klopp is going to be the one making that decision.

The best we can hope for is that we've already got his replacement lined up for when we do allow him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafter View Post
    Cou looked a different player today with the armband. He seemed to be in "leader mode" deliberately today, especially when play has stopped.

I'm sure he'll celebrate more in future

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeTopRed View Post
    Cou looked a different player today with the armband. He seemed to be in "leader mode" deliberately today, especially when play has stopped.

I'm sure he'll celebrate more in future
    Greetings to my fellow country man. Haven't seen ya around on here for quite a while now..
    Formerly known as PlusSixFiveRed.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    No match in his back garden tonight then?
    It's tough to play footie in the swamp

On Coutinho, if you remember last season before the injury, he was exactly the same. In great form and not smiling after his goals. I think when he's on it, he's just extremely focused. We all know he wants to leave, doesn't mean he's miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by +sixfiveRED View Post
    Greetings to my fellow country man. Haven't seen ya around on here for quite a while now..
    Have been lurking in the background recently =]

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Wouldn't it just.
    Certain individuals may have become bored and tired of the constant doom mongering that was being perpetrated by Ďsome postersĒ - again and again.

You bet thereís positivity flowing, and if we happen to hit a snag again, we need to stick together and stay resilient.

At the minute, we are in a good moment as Klopp says.

May it long continue.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post

very rarely do transfers of that magnitude happen in january , i doubt he will sacrifice the CL this season. he will be gone in the summer
    Eagle Face Moron

very happy with last night. gomez, firmino,coutinho and mane were outstanding.

must say salahs determination to get a goal was refreshing to see
    Eagle Face Moron

I was overjoyed with Maneís volleyed goal. Was hoping heíd get a hat-trick after he popped in the second. He was a joy to watch last night... looking much more like his old self. I really want to see both of our wingers scoring 20+ goals each this season.

Amongst others, Firmino, AOC and Studge need to get in on the action too... all are capable goal scorers.

Next season by adding the further midfield prowess and firepower of Keita, Goretzka, Van Djik and perhaps Emerson in defence and the full return of Clyne and Lallana I see no reason why we canít compete for the elusive title.

Tonight, the first and most important decision by Klopp was to leave Hendo out (Iím guessing injury wasnít a factor) for this must win game and make Couts captain. Great decision making all round. Although Can and Gini can easily be bettered in the transfer market (see above) they do not embarrass LFC with cowardly, spineless play. Henderson has been hiding behind stats for so long itís good to see that the manager finally recognised the biggest weakness at Anfield.

My understanding is Goretzka is to Henderson what Salah is to Markovic. Iím not even gonna mention how great Keita is! The prospect of a commanding midfield and a stronger defence with this blistering attack... itís mouthwatering!

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    Love Salah - absolute favorite player this season
    I said it earlier in the season, and I will say it again, he's Messi-esque, both in terms of movement, turning with the ball and never giving up a lost ball. Long ways to go but, if he can stay fit and be consistent, there's no reason why he can't be come world class. Fitness and consistency of form.

Our biggest problem, as ever, will be keeping him.

I would crack on with Karius personally now. Give him a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazlaz74 View Post
    he's a lot more proactive than Migs
    Eagle Face Moron

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Hendo being dropped was a massive statement for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jazlaz74 View Post
    Not yet but I think it will happen at some point this season. He was very tidy last night without having to do loads.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    he's a lot more proactive than Migs
    Karius doesnít do that thing Migs does where he pretends to want to get play going and does that flicky thing with his hands telling players to move before tucking the ball under his armpit for a few minutes just before he boots it left for us to lose possession.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Hendo being dropped was a massive statement for me
    Klopp said he's definitely playing Sunday, so 'rested' is probably the right word for it.

He'll likely get the next 3 games now. Can and Wijnaldum would've played 3 on the bounce if they start at the weekend.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Klopp said he's definitely playing Sunday, so 'rested' is probably the right word for it.

He'll likely get the next 3 games now. Can and Wijnaldum would've played 3 on the bounce if they start at the weekend.
    I don't think he is physically up for 3 games on the bounce...and it would see him rested for Arsenal if he did that.

I reckon he'll play Sunday, miss West Brom mid week, then play v Bourmemouth and Arsenal...then rested v Swansea on boxing day.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.