Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartak Post Match

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafter View Post
    Delighted with the result! Missed the game but will definitely be watching the match later on. I don't want to put a dent in the celebrations but I keep reading about Cou's body language after scoring from other sites. Was it really that bad?
    The body language stuff is nonsense.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafter View Post
    Delighted with the result! Missed the game but will definitely be watching the match later on. I don't want to put a dent in the celebrations but I keep reading about Cou's body language after scoring from other sites. Was it really that bad?
    When he raised his shirt to show a 'I luv Barca' t-shirt underneath, that was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    The body language stuff is nonsense.
    I love body language experts in the modern game, just because he gave the Kop end the middle finger

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    When he raised his shirt to show a 'I luv Barca' t-shirt underneath, that was disappointing.
    He really did look like he hated being out there.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I love body language experts in the modern game, just because he gave the Kop end the middle finger
    Kicking that child in the face was the really disapointing part.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Hendo being dropped was a massive statement for me
    Barring injuries, this was as full of strength we could be for the match, and with Henderson saying we were treating this match like a cup final, it highlights how big a game it was. Klopp also mentioned it pre match.

So to not pick Henderson is a huge statement. To be honest, I was really happy about it, and felt a lot more confidence we could get the job done.
    The decision shows that anyone can be left out, and is a timely reminder to Henderson that he is replaceable.

There is a clear difference when you have Can sitting deep and Henderson sitting deep. Can has bravery and composure on the ball, and that means you see him offering an option from the back, and he’ll look for the more expansive forward thinking ball, compared to someone who is happy to tell people to pass to others, and when he does get the ball, pass backwards or sideways.

It really is no coincidence how much better we played last night. Our overall balance was better. There were some nervy moments, but you have to credit the threat they had. Promes looked good, Adriano was strong and good at protecting the ball and linking up play. Their high press made it awkward in the first 15-20 minutes, but then we blew them away.

Hendo being dropped was a massive statement for me
    I think we are reading too much into it. Hendo played the Brighton game and got a rest. Klopp still loves him methinks. He will be back against Everton. Keita will replace Hendo long term though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgenmeister View Post
    Barring injuries, this was as full of strength we could be for the match, and with Henderson saying we were treating this match like a cup final, it highlights how big a game it was. Klopp also mentioned it pre match.

So to not pick Henderson is a huge statement. To be honest, I was really happy about it, and felt a lot more confidence we could get the job done.
    The decision shows that anyone can be left out, and is a timely reminder to Henderson that he is replaceable.

There is a clear difference when you have Can sitting deep and Henderson sitting deep. Can has bravery and composure on the ball, and that means you see him offering an option from the back, and he’ll look for the more expansive forward thinking ball, compared to someone who is happy to tell people to pass to others, and when he does get the ball, pass backwards or sideways.

It really is no coincidence how much better we played last night. Our overall balance was better. There were some nervy moments, but you have to credit the threat they had. Promes looked good, Adriano was strong and good at protecting the ball and linking up play. Their high press made it awkward in the first 15-20 minutes, but then we blew them away.
    Henderson hasn't really played in a 2 though. It's much easier. He is often left alone in the 4-3-3 and he has struggled this season. I reckon his injuries have affected his mobility, which was his main strength.

He'll look better in this 4-4-2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    On Coutinho, if you remember last season before the injury, he was exactly the same. In great form and not smiling after his goals. I think when he's on it, he's just extremely focused. We all know he wants to leave, doesn't mean he's miserable.
    To be fair, last night I was noticing how moody he was, but now you mention it, he’s done this in the past, like the Europa League goal at Old Trafford, when we blitzed City one time and so on...

I guess it’s his way of saying that it’s like another day in the office. Maybe... hopefully...

Henderson hasn't really played in a 2 though. It's much easier. He is often left alone in the 4-3-3 and he has struggled this season. I reckon his injuries have affected his mobility, which was his main strength.

He'll look better in this 4-4-2 imo.
    Maybe overall it’s more compact with a 442, but our wide players were still bombing forward more. It’s a starting position I guess, but it’s the same players taking up similar positions, just a different mindset.

I still think that on the ball he offers almost nothing. So many times you see him happy to jog around in the middle of 2-3 opponents, meaning he isn’t an option for a pass. He makes no effort trying to find space, which then puts pressure on our centre backs, and narrows the option for where we can build up our play.

Henderson should be playing a box-to-box type role, it’s where the blame can be placed on Klopp. I liked the idea, with his work rate to chase down players from deep, but his inability on the ball is seriously hampering us. Also, he can’t read the game, he just chases things like a mad man. Needs someone to direct him around the pitch. I just hope Klopp sees this and ends the experiment, move Can to the deeper role and let Henderson run around.

On Coutinho, if you remember last season before the injury, he was exactly the same. In great form and not smiling after his goals. I think when he's on it, he's just extremely focused. We all know he wants to leave, doesn't mean he's miserable.
    What is this rule that everyone has to smile after they score? Does everyone have to skip along like giddy schoolchildren for people not to start this overanalyzing nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgenmeister View Post
    To be fair, last night I was noticing how moody he was, but now you mention it, he’s done this in the past, like the Europa League goal at Old Trafford, when we blitzed City one time and so on...

I guess it’s his way of saying that it’s like another day in the office. Maybe... hopefully...
    Is he moody ? Or does he just mean business these days, now he has become the de facto leader of the team ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Is he moody ? Or does he just mean business these days, now he has become the de facto leader of the team ?
    Too much is made of it. It's literally nothing.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post
    I think we are reading too much into it. Hendo played the Brighton game and got a rest. Klopp still loves him methinks. He will be back against Everton. Keita will replace Hendo long term though.
    Would a fully fit Steven Gerrard have been dropped ?

Biggest game of the season and your club captain is on the bench is food for thought
    dont look back in anger.

Biggest game of the season and your club captain is on the bench is food for thought
    If we are mentioning Gerrard and Henderson together, which we shouldn't really, what about Real Madrid away in 2014?

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    What is this rule that everyone has to smile after they score? Does everyone have to skip along like giddy schoolchildren for people not to start this overanalyzing nonsense?
    he smiled after the game, during a game business is business until the final whistle especially with us !!
    dont look back in anger.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    I was overjoyed with Maneís volleyed goal. Was hoping heíd get a hat-trick after he popped in the second. He was a joy to watch last night... looking much more like his old self. I really want to see both of our wingers scoring 20+ goals each this season.

Amongst others, Firmino, AOC and Studge need to get in on the action too... all are capable goal scorers.

Next season by adding the further midfield prowess and firepower of Keita, Goretzka, Van Djik and perhaps Emerson in defence and the full return of Clyne and Lallana I see no reason why we canít compete for the elusive title.

Tonight, the first and most important decision by Klopp was to leave Hendo out (Iím guessing injury wasnít a factor) for this must win game and make Couts captain. Great decision making all round. Although Can and Gini can easily be bettered in the transfer market (see above) they do not embarrass LFC with cowardly, spineless play. Henderson has been hiding behind stats for so long itís good to see that the manager finally recognised the biggest weakness at Anfield.

My understanding is Goretzka is to Henderson what Salah is to Markovic. Iím not even gonna mention how great Keita is! The prospect of a commanding midfield and a stronger defence with this blistering attack... itís mouthwatering!
    Klopp has been rotating (like he should have done last season) so leaving Henderson out may be nothing more than resting him for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Klopp has been rotating (like he should have done last season) so leaving Henderson out may be nothing more than resting him for the weekend.
    That is exactly what it is.

he smiled after the game, during a game business is business until the final whistle especially with us !!
    I don't even think it's that thought out. I don't think he's out there thinking about whether or not to smile or even specifically how happy he is or isn't. It's just his natural way of expressing himself in that moment.

Nothing to read into Coutinho's body language. He did a post-match interview with a Nordic TV station with Carra standing next to him and looked happy as larry.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    Nothing to read into Coutinho's body language. He did a post-match interview with a Nordic TV station with Carra standing next to him and looked happy as larry.
    He was all smiles, joking and laughing. Probably means he is staying forever.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Yep - everyone knows we are going to get a severe kicking from that lot and the officials will actively encourage it.

We need Hendo available for them as he's one of the few 'hard-nuts' we have to fight back with.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

nah, think its more a case that klopp doesn't hold the captaincy in such high regard as the english do.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    nah, think its more a case that klopp doesn't hold the captaincy in such high regard as the english do.
    Nobody in Germany does. He gives the armband to the longest standing player on the pitch (Mignolet/Coutinho).

People think it's about statements.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    who is that Larry?

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Nobody in Germany does. He gives the armband to the longest standing player on the pitch (Mignolet/Coutinho).

pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    "Leaders all over the pitch"

Exactly, people take club captaincy too seriously. I can't even tell you who Utd's is just now, and Cahill is Chelsea captain.

It's not a big deal.

A Captain is only significant in Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicStations View Post
    A Captain is only significant in Cricket.
    Or on an airplane?

A ship?