Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Merseyside Derby Match Thread* - Everton (h) Sun 10th 14:15

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethereds93 View Post
    Everton will not come out and attack us,

We need to be on our game defensively, not give them a chance. Our front 4 are all picking up form at the right time, which is good because even without an early goal we can still be confident though.

Wouldve been more confident without Sam in charge but we should beat these.
    thats a compliment to fat sam.... such things arent allowed ... lol

i actually think he will prove to be their best boss since moyes
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Everton will not come out and attack us,

We need to be on our game defensively, not give them a chance. Our front 4 are all picking up form at the right time, which is good because even without an early goal we can still be confident though.

Wouldve been more confident without Sam in charge but we should beat these.
    Everton haven't got the firepower to attack us. Evertons only hope is to hoof and force corners and attempt to take a shock lead and then defend.

What we must do is do what we did to Arsenal and what we did last night. We must grab Everton by the throat and smash their faces in and essentially win the game before half time. Are we capable of doing it? You bet we are. The longer the game remains 0-0 increases Evertons chances of grabbing something. That's why an early 2 goal lead is vital.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Everton haven't got the firepower to attack us. Evertons only hope is to hoof and force corners and attempt to take a shock lead and then defend.

What we must do is do what we did to Arsenal and what we did last night. We must grab Everton by the throat and smash their faces in and essentially win the game before half time. Are we capable of doing it? You bet we are. The longer the game remains 0-0 increases Evertons chances of grabbing something. That's why an early 2 goal lead is vital.

Set pieces will be key for them, and they have the height to cause us trouble from set pieces.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Not worried at all. They've been absolutely atrocious all season, and Fat Sam hasn't even had a game with them yet, they're hardly going to a team in his image at this point. Sure they might be up for it being the derby and with the usual kick up the arse a new manager gives a side, but I fancy us to stuff them by at least 3 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Not worried at all. They've been absolutely atrocious all season, and Fat Sam hasn't even had a game with them yet, they're hardly going to a team in his image at this point. Sure they might be up for it being the derby and with the usual kick up the arse a new manager gives a side, but I fancy us to stuff them by at least 3 goals.
    Sam was in charge during their last game?

im still thinking we will comfortably win this, nice early goal will bring them back down to earth

Sam was in charge during their last game?

im still thinking we will comfortably win this, nice early goal will bring them back down to earth
    Ah yeh, forgot the Huddersfield game, even still one game into his tenure it's not like he can completely transform them overnight.

i wish i had your confidence in us beating them by 3. i dont but i do think we will have too much for them. 2-1 to us.

i epxect a very hard fought battle until the 60th minute or so then spaces might open up and bring us more joy

Set pieces will be key for them, and they have the height to cause us trouble from set pieces.
    We've got the raw pace to tear them a new one which isn't exactly difficult. Keane is clumsy on a Mangala level and Jagielka who is over the hill is slower than Gary Cahill.

We've got the raw pace to tear them a new one which isn't exactly difficult. Keane is clumsy on a Mangala level and Jagielka who is over the hill is slower than Gary Cahill.
    yeah if our front four are on sing we could run rings round them second half but i still think this will be a more difficult game . i d love a 95th minute winner against them..

i wonder if klopp will actually sacrifice one or two magicians for midfield solidity first half and have the killers lying in wait as second half fresh legs to destory them when the game does open up

first half is always a complete warzone....i think rooney might get sent off in this one too. he is windupable

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i wish i had your confidence in us beating them by 3. i dont but i do think we will have too much for them. 2-1 to us.

i epxect a very hard fought battle until the 60th minute or so then spaces might open up and bring us more joy
    In the last 9 games we have scored 32 goals...Hope that gives you some confidence..

Ah yeh, forgot the Huddersfield game, even still one game into his tenure it's not like he can completely transform them overnight.
    I wouldn't read into the Huddersfield game either, I watched them against Southampton and they were awful which was only a few days before, Southampton have no pace either, our front 4 could destroy their defence if theyre on their game.

Sam won't bother trying to win this match. He'll set the team up to be as physical and agressive as possible. He'll park a fleet of buses all game long because all he wants is a draw from this game.

We have to be very careful that we don't give them that one chance to get a goal against the run of play - or a stupid penalty - or a stupid defensive error - or a stupid GK error.

We may have to take a 0-0 and take some satisfaction for stats that break all PL records.

Our big hope is that we get one chance and score one goal. One goal to us and they'll either fall to pieces or just take the loss with low number goals.

On a side note - can't stand SamA. He's a **** of the highest order. His arselicking of Fergy against Rafa where they both used their media contacts to try and embarrass Rafa but then got egg on their face was possibly one of the worst shows of inter manager co-operation and rallying against someone I've ever seen in UK football.

He comes across as an ******** in general too. A man who cares only about himself and the depth of his pockets.
    /icon showing a whiff of poo

Keane is worse than Mangala...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    In the last 9 games we have scored 32 goals...Hope that gives you some confidence..

this is a different game though. i expect a battle

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbird View Post
    Sam won't bother trying to win this match. He'll set the team up to be as physical and agressive as possible. He'll park a fleet of buses all game long because all he wants is a draw from this game.

We have to be very careful that we don't give them that one chance to get a goal against the run of play - or a stupid penalty - or a stupid defensive error - or a stupid GK error.

We may have to take a 0-0 and take some satisfaction for stats that break all PL records.

Our big hope is that we get one chance and score one goal. One goal to us and they'll either fall to pieces or just take the loss with low number goals.

On a side note - can't stand SamA. He's a **** of the highest order. His arselicking of Fergy against Rafa where they both used their media contacts to try and embarrass Rafa but then got egg on their face was possibly one of the worst shows of inter manager co-operation and rallying against someone I've ever seen in UK football.

He comes across as an ******** in general too. A man who cares only about himself and the depth of his pockets.
    you really dont like sam eh

Lot of people talking about the front four here ... but I very much doubt they will play together on Sunday. Klopp will rotate.

That's my ONLY small fear ... that the boss feels several key players need a rest after last night, and our massive momentum we have is disrupted slightly.

I'd START with all four ... and as others have said, try to ruin them before half time.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbird View Post

I'm still convinced a quick start with 2 goals banged in early doors is key. We're not just capable of beating them..we're very capable of humiliating them.

this is a different game though. i expect a battle
    We are unbeaten against them in the last 14 games.And in the last 2 against them at anfield we have scored 7 goals.

yeah if our front four are on sing we could run rings round them second half but i still think this will be a more difficult game . i d love a 95th minute winner against them..

i wonder if klopp will actually sacrifice one or two magicians for midfield solidity first half and have the killers lying in wait as second half fresh legs to destory them when the game does open up

first half is always a complete warzone....i think rooney might get sent off in this one too. he is windupable
    It's not like you to be pessimistic before a game Fred?

I'm still convinced a quick start with 2 goals banged in early doors is key. We're not just capable of beating them..we're very capable of humiliating them.
    I agree yeh. Just not sure it will work out that way. Would be just brilliant to give them a battering though.

Wrong thread.

Hope Klopp can antagonize Fat Sam, though it's unlikely to be in the way Rafa did it.

Anyone remember him being ********** off when we went 2-0 up in the first half against one of his sides, and all Rafa did was look at his watch!!

BTW - after this incident, am incredibly happy that we humiliated Spartak:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rhian-brewster

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    BTW - after this incident, am incredibly happy that we humiliated Spartak:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rhian-brewster
    I'm sure the first team are thanking their youth captain for riling us up before the game.

But seriously they need to start dishing out some proper punishments for this ****, pathetic from UEFA.

Everton will be up for it, try to break the legs of our players, but we should beat them by surprising them with out tactics.

They can park the bus, but the players know how to navigate it: flood their defence.

------------------Mignolet
    Trent------Lovren------Klavan------Robertson
    -----------------Emre Can
    ------------Milner-------Coutinho
    ------Salah------Firmino------Mané

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Sturridge, Solanke

Get the game won by half time then bring off any of the front three or Coutinho to save their energy. Like many on here I would've fancied us more against Unsworth's Everton than Allardyce. We should still have enough about us to win the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    ------------------Mignolet
    Trent------Lovren------Klavan------Robertson
    -----------------Emre Can
    ------------Milner-------Coutinho
    ------Salah------Firmino------Mané

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Sturridge, Solanke

Get the game won by half time then bring off any of the front three or Coutinho to save their energy. Like many on here I would've fancied us more against Unsworth's Everton than Allardyce. We should still have enough about us to win the game though.
    I like that team apart from I'd have Wijnaldum (or even Gruijic) for Milner. Milner is a good one to have on the bench. I just don't like him anywhere near CM; not because he's terrible - I just don't think he fits our system well.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    I'd like Robertson to start at LB, but have a feeling it'll be Milner. I'd also like Karius to start, but it'll be Migs.

Migs
    Gomez Lovren Klavan Milner
    Wij Henderson Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Everton will be up for it, try to break the legs of our players, but we should beat them by surprising them with out tactics.

They can park the bus, but the players know how to navigate it: flood their defence.
    Like, walking on our hands so they can't break out legs?

Risky tactic, but my lord if it works out.....

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    1 early goal and fat sams plans go up in smoke.