Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1390

Thread: *Merseyside Derby Match Thread* - Everton (h) Sun 10th 14:15

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Once again we couldn’t take advantage of other results... always the case with us
    It's like ground hog day.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by redsman10 View Post
    Spot on. He was going nowhere & had no support. All Lovren has to do is get himself between the player & the goal & contain. But instead he plays the man & makes enough contact with a smaller forward, on a slick pitch, and you knew he was going to go down. You've now given the ref a decision to make and he bottled the decision, but Lovren needs to be smarter than that.
    Watch it again, Lovren didn't initiate any contact, Calvert-Lewin pushed into him then tumbled like a domino. Never in a million years is that even close to a penalty or a mistake by the defender. The ref just blew it.

Right so I've cooled down a bit.

Pity we didn't win today given our rivals dropping points.

Question - loads of pundits saying it was a pen, some saying it wasn't.

What are your thoughts? I don't think it was a pen but I can see why it was given by that joke of a referee.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    It's like ground hog day.
    and it seems to be always when we’re about to catch up to Utd. Who’d have thought a month ago we could be within 3 *********** points of them? They won’t be dropping many points and Chelsea won’t be losing to the likes of West Ham too often. (Sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Once again we couldn’t take advantage of other results... always the case with us
    1point more than utd & Chelsea.
    arsenal didn't take advantage.
    spurs won but they have got city at the weekend.
    We are still in a champions league position.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Having calmed down a bit i dont see how we can put that on Klopp. The team he put out was good enoguh to dominate the game and get 1-0 at half time and the team out their was good enough to be 2-0 up and game over. The only reasons we didnt lose this game was because of two moments of madness from Mané and Lovren. Mané chosing not to square it, and Lovren for the penalty.
    Yeah, this and Klopp could have fielded a stronger team, and it was another soft penalty.

At least we were spared Countinho in John Barnes-style tracksuit bottoms and gloves. Do the even do winter in Brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post

What are your thoughts? I don't think it was a pen but I can see why it was given by that joke of a referee.
    For me, although it was soft, Lovren gave the ref a reason to give it when he didn't need to. Another example of his rashness which often lets him down.

On the match Klopp has rolled the dice regarding formations and it's been generally working. Today it didn't and it was a big opportunity missed but now it's on to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post

Very few penalties that are given these days are actually penalties. It’s a soft football world we live in.

But putting your hands on a player's back when there’s only you and him in the box, is just silly.

Stupidity from Lovren, obviously.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Hands on the back in loads of space? Sorry, man, that’s given all day these days. Not that I agree with it.
    Totally agree ...the moment you put your hands on someone you have committed the foul , but to think he made the mistake several weeks ago and Klopp forgave him .....no wonder the players play without fear of being dropped .

city really went for it at utd, didnt they. and they are rewarded. we on the other hand, played it safe, too safe. my head is full of 1-1,1-1, stupid 1-1.