Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The best attack?

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I don't know why people are bothered arguing. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were absolutely incredible. 65 goals or so between them during that title challenge.

Our current front three, excluding Coutinho, are about half way there to matching that.
    True, that trio was feared and took us the distance with a terrible defence , this one is good but wont come close
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    True, that trio was feared and took us the distance with a terrible defence , this one is good but wont come close
    I think it could be pretty close, tbf. I think it was 75 goals from those three and Coutinho through, so our current four have their work cut out to carry it on until the end of the season. But another 30 or so between the four of them seems doable?

To be fair, is Salah not hitting Suarez levels right now?

I think it could be pretty close, tbf. I think it was 75 goals from those three and Coutinho through, so our current four have their work cut out to carry it on until the end of the season. But another 30 or so between the four of them seems doable?
    Just the league or all comps?

Just the league or all comps?
    All competitions.

But it's fair to say the majority of those goals in 13/14 came in the league. So, in that respect our current four have to go some way to match that.

EDIT: only four of those goals came outside of the league that season. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Suarez was unplayable

Suarez was unplayable
    Yeah it's probably a stretch, although goals wise Suarez was helping us beat the **** teams we historically struggle against and have done since he left. Salah is doing the same thing since he joined.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Different type of players.
    ?

Yeah it's probably a stretch, although goals wise Suarez was helping us beat the **** teams we historically struggle against and have done since he left. Salah is doing the same thing since he joined.
    I can an agree with that.

I was actually advocating for a more skilled dribbler in the summer as we had pace on the other side with Mane.My theory was we were going to force teams to sit even more deep with Salah, and fail to break them down, while a dribbler would still be able get past players and force them Salah has proved my theory wrong

I can an agree with that.

I was actually advocating for a more skilled dribbler in the summer as we had pace on the other side with Mane.My theory was we were going to force teams to sit even more deep with Salah, and fail to break them down, while a dribbler would still be able get past players and force them Salah has proved my theory wrong
    I wanted Douglas Costa more than Salah, I feel a right clown now. Salah has been remarkable, more than anyone could have imagined I think.

I don't think Sterling deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Suarez and Sturridge in terms of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    I don't think Sterling deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Suarez and Sturridge in terms of that season.
    Although he played DM, Stevie’s 14 goals and multiple assists could put him in the attack. So it would be comparing the 4S attack (inc Stevie) - and his swansong that year was phenomenal for his age too!

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    Although he played DM, Stevie’s 14 goals and multiple assists could put him in the attack. So it would be comparing the 4S attack (inc Stevie) - and his swansong that year was phenomenal for his age too!
    5S even mate, big Martin chipped in aswell.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    They are ahead of schedule aren't they? after the same amount of games they are few goals ahead, this was before last night so might be even further ahead. May of read it wrong but I'm sure that's what was in a paper the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    They are ahead of schedule aren't they? after the same amount of games they are few goals ahead, this was before last night so might be even further ahead. May of read it wrong but I'm sure that's what was in a paper the other day.
    I have no idea but as was pointed out, the majority of those goals scored in 13/14 came in the league. Only Four were scored in cup competitions. They only played 43 games total, so it will be interesting to see where our current forwards are at that point, and how many games we actually play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hj77 View Post
    Rush ahead of Aldo for me
    Not with Barnes. Aldo was the perfect fit for Barnes slinging in crosses. I’m Rush’s biggest fan, but in the 87/88 team, Aldo was the perfect fit.