Robertson.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Yes he was poor, Moreno gets the nod based on performances so far

Spreading the good word

so long as we keep signing and playing 3rd rate mediocre players like moreno and we as fans keep accepting it we will not be winning the premier league or champions league , we may have the odd top 4 finish - and the odd domestic trophy - best we can hope for from european comps is the odd europa league win - we have to change this mentality of accepting players that are simply not of a high enough standard to make us winners again .

Quote Originally Posted by returnoftheking View Post
    so long as we keep signing and playing 3rd rate mediocre players like moreno and we as fans keep accepting it we will not be winning the premier league or champions league , we may have the odd top 4 finish - and the odd domestic trophy - best we can hope for from european comps is the odd europa league win - we have to change this mentality of accepting players that are simply not of a high enough standard to make us winners again .
    That is exactly Klopps intention.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    looks like he ll be fit agains soon and we might have a proper battle for the left back spot

dont mind albie starting if robbo s presence forces him to play mentally soundly... otherwise he can soon be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    looks like he ll be fit agains soon and we might have a proper battle for the left back spot

dont mind albie starting if robbo s presence forces him to play mentally soundly... otherwise he can soon be replaced
    If he strolls straight back in, which I’ve no doubt he will, it’s going to be very disappointing.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    If he strolls straight back in, which I’ve no doubt he will, it’s going to be very disappointing.
    The reason you dont doubt he will is Robertson has not shown the gulf in class you claimed was clear

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    The reason you dont doubt he will is Robertson has not shown the gulf in class you claimed was clear
    Is this the only thread you post in?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Shhh, don’t give him any ideas, for the love of god.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Shhh, don’t give him any ideas, for the love of god.
    Its ST and Migs all over again...

I stated when he got injured that no matter how well Robertson played, Moreno would walk back into the side when he was fit .
    Last edited by Lewy3958; 15-12-17 at 18:00.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Moreno missed 2 games and we drop 4 pts

Overall he's been very sound this season in the 18 games played from bertie.

he also hasnt shown idiotic decision making and hasnt closed down an opponent keepr once

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Overall he's been very sound this season in the 18 games played from bertie.
    overall he s been average

against sevlla he was as bad as i have ever seen

he also hasnt shown idiotic decision making and hasnt closed down an opponent keepr once
    Nothing wrong with the fullback closing the keeper down at all. As once the fullback attacks in a klopp or pep side, the system switches.

Also I would say Robertson had a fair few 'idiotic moments' if that's what you call them.

Not crossing on numerous times, missing an easy through ball and being 'out of position' for the possible attack as a result. Giving away a very cheap corner.

It's easy to list issues like this isn't it?

Being a Hull lad, I'm well aware of Robertson's shortcomings when it comes to his defending. It's the one thing Hull fans can agree with (Robertson can be a defensive liability).

We haven't had much to go from, in terms of seeing Robertson for us, but based on his last couple of performances, I would actually put Moreno back in the side.

It's not that Robertson has been bad defensively, but he just hasn't been effective offensively. I'm sure he'll prove his worth though, over the coming seasons.

Nothing wrong with the fullback closing the keeper down at all. As once the fullback attacks in a klopp or pep side, the system switches.

Also I would say Robertson had a fair few 'idiotic moments' if that's what you call them.

Not crossing on numerous times, missing an easy through ball and being 'out of position' for the possible attack as a result. Giving away a very cheap corner.

It's easy to list issues like this isn't it?
    giving away a very cheap corner. lol you should watch that again , i know exactly which moment you are talking about but there was a man coming round behind him, he dealt with it

in watching robertson though he does play the game very similarly to moreno.

he also was reluctant to cross the ball at times when he has good opportunity to do so.

not sold on robertson yet but its early days for him

I think the issue with Robbo when we are attacking is he tends to stand near the touchline in between opposition's penalty box and the center circle and cross or pass from there, which limit the space for the likes of Mane.

Also, I still don't get the idea of people saying his crosses are good.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    I think the issue with Robbo when we are attacking is he tends to stand near the touchline in between opposition's penalty box and the center circle and cross or pass from there, which limit the space for the likes of Mane.

Also, I still don't get the idea of people saying his crosses are good.
    he put in one dangerous ball along the 6 yard line last game...but most of the best crosses came from our right.

still early doors for robbo though

he put in one dangerous ball along the 6 yard line last game...but most of the best crosses came from our right.

still early doors for robbo though
    I think he needs to do more running off the ball to create spaces for our front 4. He standing still making opposition defence has more time and man to concentrate on dealing with Mane or whoever is playing in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    I think he needs to do more running off the ball to create spaces for our front 4. He standing still making opposition defence has more time and man to concentrate on dealing with Mane or whoever is playing in front of him.
    maybe he s playing it safe being new to a new side.. 5th game played... lack of genuine telepathic understanding with mane isnt there yet

maybe he s playing it safe being new to a new side.. 5th game played... lack of genuine telepathic understanding with mane isnt there yet
    Let's see how he does on Sunday. Hope is not another "standing still pass to me" performance again.

Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Being a Hull lad, I'm well aware of Robertson's shortcomings when it comes to his defending. It's the one thing Hull fans can agree with (Robertson can be a defensive liability).

We haven't had much to go from, in terms of seeing Robertson for us, but based on his last couple of performances, I would actually put Moreno back in the side.

It's not that Robertson has been bad defensively, but he just hasn't been effective offensively. I'm sure he'll prove his worth though, over the coming seasons.
    So he is worse than Alberto.

giving away a very cheap corner. lol you should watch that again , i know exactly which moment you are talking about but there was a man coming round behind him, he dealt with it

in watching robertson though he does play the game very similarly to moreno.

he also was reluctant to cross the ball at times when he has good opportunity to do so.

not sold on robertson yet but its early days for him
    He could and should have used his other foot. It was a cheap corner to give that a better player could have dealt with. If we had conceded from that and it was moreno who gave it away, you would be all over him!

can't get rid of Moreno, he's our best LB and midfielder

He could and should have used his other foot. It was a cheap corner to give that a better player could have dealt with. If we had conceded from that and it was moreno who gave it away, you would be all over him!
    it was a corner kick....

and no i wouldnt

i m not accustomed to seeing moreno use his right foot...

your whole argument is he used his wrong foot... you re reaching, looking for faults, nit picking so to speak''

morenos faults are so obvious you dont have to look for them, they re always on show

it was a corner kick....

and no i wouldnt

i m not accustomed to seeing moreno use his right foot...

your whole argument is he used his wrong foot... you re reaching, looking for faults, nit picking so to speak''

morenos faults are so obvious you dont have to look for them, they re always on show
    This was a clear mistake though. He easily could and should have used his right foot. Instead he gave away a needless corner.

Just like moreno gave away a needless foul as you say vs savilla and you claim that's the worst game ever. So based on that logic, this kind of needless defending is truly awful. Majore mistake. Could have cost us big.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Mostly on the paid section coz (I get money) joke no I agree with most of the popular opinions here except this and Milners love in