Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Panorama tonight 18th Dec BBC1. 7.30pm The Rohinga Story.

1. #1 Default Panorama tonight 18th Dec BBC1. 7.30pm The Rohinga Story. 
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Sadly this hasn't got enough coverage in the western media cos it's a third world situation but the Rohingya massacre should not be forgotten about. Please watch.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Thanks for the late approval, was trying to raise awareness.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Yet you see threads approved for what are clearly advertisements. (Liverpool Tickets Thread the latest). At least it got approved...try starting a thread about Child Sexual Abuse, something we all should be aware of.

Thanks for the attempt though The Riedle.

Its not because its third world that no attention is being paid but because it is Muslims being massacred by a regime which we support.

If this was Iraq, Libya or Syria then Myanmar would be flattened by now and the leaders deposed.

Well, you certainly did with me, TR .. even if one more person is a little more educated on a subject, you have at least partially achieved your goal.

Ironic that the majority religion in Myanmar is Buddhism, which supposedly espouses peace, non-violence and tolerance. I guess they are, in reality, no different to any other religion in that they are all filled to the brim with people who are hypocrites.

Thoughts are with the Rohingya people - hope they find somewhere where they can live in peace and harmony, and without fear.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Yet you see threads approved for what are clearly advertisements. (Liverpool Tickets Thread the latest). At least it got approved...try starting a thread about Child Sexual Abuse, something we all should be aware of.

Its not because its third world that no attention is being paid but because it is Muslims being massacred by a regime which we support.

If this was Iraq, Libya or Syria then Myanmar would be flattened by now and the leaders deposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Well, you certainly did with me, TR .. even if one more person is a little more educated on a subject, you have at least partially achieved your goal.

Ironic that the majority religion in Myanmar is Buddhism, which supposedly espouses peace, non-violence and tolerance. I guess they are, in reality, no different to any other religion in that they are all filled to the brim with people who are hypocrites.

Thoughts are with the Rohingya people - hope they find somewhere where they can live in peace and harmony, and without fear.
    Thanks guys a lot gone on behind the scenes, innocent families killed, people who had their homes burnt and most are now in Bangladesh. Charities have done quite a bit to help out but these people were innocent with nothing to fight back with absolutely nothing.
    ?

never even knew about it. There's also a new cival war somewhere in Africa too. The worlds mad.

Thanks guys a lot gone on behind the scenes, innocent families killed, people who had their homes burnt and most are now in Bangladesh. Charities have done quite a bit to help out but these people were innocent with nothing to fight back with absolutely nothing.
    I am 100% aware of the situation but stating it over and over can not be a bad thing.

Same as Yemen.

So whats the story of the people.?
    Natives to the teritory, invaded in 1785 by the burmese.?

I'll have to watch this and have a look at the info, don't know enough about it at all so thank you TR

I'll probably be watching the 2 Ronnies:rofl::bouncingsnowman:

It was on last night but it should be on BBC iplayer.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    I'll probably be watching the 2 Ronnies:rofl::bouncingsnowman:
    It shows.

It shows.
    thanks. I like to be joyfull

thanks. I like to be joyfull
    Yes, this is just the thread for it...

Yes, this is just the thread for it...
    sure one side will be joyfull and the loosing side won't.

The losing side...well done for displaying your complete ignorance.

Seriously - how old do you have to be to come into a thread like this and try to be funny? There are times when levity is required - this isn't one of those times.

Alpha Papa is online now Academy prospect

Sadly this is probably a bit true. Partly also as it doesn't have the strategic/economic important of the Middle East.

That said, UK leaders have at least condemned it and at least the likes of the BBC are taking the time/effort to expose the atrocities in detail. All reminds me of the massacre of the Tamils in Sri Lanka a few years ago - an incredible lack of action from the West.

Iíd heard and read about this over the past few weeks, but nowhere near enough information is available.

I watched this documentary, at just 30 minutes, it cannot do what is happening any justice. Itís something that should be being played on the news throughout the day in my opinion.

Utterly deplorable what is happening to innocent people in Myanmar. All overseen (which she denies I should add) by a Nobel Peace Prize winner, you couldnít make it up.

Itís also shameful how nothing seems to be getting done by the powers that be around the globe in terms of aid, or seeing those committing the atrocities made to stand trial for their actions.

Hopefully action is taken today, and not tomorrow, as thatíll mean another vast number of innocent Rohinga will have been either murdered, tortured or forced to flee their homes.

The losing side...well done for displaying your complete ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Seriously - how old do you have to be to come into a thread like this and try to be funny? There are times when levity is required - this isn't one of those times.
    You two must have some personaal interest in this triumph/massacre. Depends what side your on and what charity you work for.

You two must have some personaal interest in this triumph/massacre. Depends what side your on and what charity you work for.
    In no way shape or form should the word triumph enter this debate. Regardless of what someoneís opinion of the matter is.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    In no way shape or form should the word triumph enter this debate. Regardless of what someone’s opinion of the matter is.
    The media can make it what they want to. I'll not be passing judgement over a few media clips and videos.

The media can make it what they want to. I'll not be passing judgement over a few media clips and videos.
    Have you watched it?

Have you watched it?
    seen youtube clips, not the Panorama one. Still would have reservations about BBC reporting.

I’d heard and read about this over the past few weeks, but nowhere near enough information is available.

I watched this documentary, at just 30 minutes, it cannot do what is happening any justice. It’s something that should be being played on the news throughout the day in my opinion.

Utterly deplorable what is happening to innocent people in Myanmar. All overseen (which she denies I should add) by a Nobel Peace Prize winner, you couldn’t make it up.

It’s also shameful how nothing seems to be getting done by the powers that be around the globe in terms of aid, or seeing those committing the atrocities made to stand trial for their actions.

Hopefully action is taken today, and not tomorrow, as that’ll mean another vast number of innocent Rohinga will have been either murdered, tortured or forced to flee their homes.
    Unless the burmese government suddenly turn 180 degrees and make it hard for foreign investors to exploit the burmese resources.
    Nothing will happen

Yes, we are both Human Beings with empathy I imagine.

You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    Sadly this is probably a bit true. Partly also as it doesn't have the strategic/economic important of the Middle East.

That said, UK leaders have at least condemned it and at least the likes of the BBC are taking the time/effort to expose the atrocities in detail. All reminds me of the massacre of the Tamils in Sri Lanka a few years ago - an incredible lack of action from the West.
    But the trouble is if the West had intervened through soft or hard power then we will have certain special interest groups like Film Actor's Guild screaming that once again the US/NATO thinks it is the World's Policeman and meddling in affairs of other nations.

So that we are aware. The Myanmese enjoy fantastic relations with "western" nations so much so that the US refuse to import from Myanmar and the EU along with Australia have placed restrictions on what and how much can be procured.