Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Watch 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Burnley could end up with a EL place this year, 6 points clear of 8th place Leicester, that would be something. It's quite the job Dyche is doing.
    With a 10th of the net outlay spent by Everton who were according to themselves, top 4 challengers. The difference between Koeman and Dyche is, Dyche bought and sold well. Koeman made a complete mess of it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

He obviously thinks that being a good manager is all about spending more money than anyone else.
    Back in 2004 he was refreshing, charismatic, humorous and most football fans liked him (even those who didnt support Chelsea). Now he is a just a brooding miserable grouch blaming everyone else. I switch the TV off whenever he's interviewed as I cant bear listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    He obviously thinks that being a good manager is all about spending more money than anyone else.
    Back in 2004 he was refreshing, charismatic, humorous and most football fans liked him (even those who didnt support Chelsea). Now he is a just a brooding miserable grouch blaming everyone else. I switch the TV off whenever he's interviewed as I cant bear listening to him.
    He was like Klopp back then. Klopp has succeeded him as the most charismatic manager in the league. The two are currently like night and day.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    I think it was the Real job that broke him.

I think it was the Real job that broke him.
    I think it's more to do with the fact that he's a bully. He's met bigger bullies in Conte, Klopp and Pep and can't handle it. Years ago he only Ferguson because Wenger really wasn't a match for him and still isn't.

Wonder if Gio on here still thinks the public blasting of his players has made them better?

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Swansea appoint Carvalhal as manager, looks like they accept that they are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Swansea appoint Carvalhal as manager, looks like they accept that they are going down.
    Yeh. No way he can juggle playing RB for Real Madrid and managing Swansea at the same time, what were they thinking?

Yeh. No way he can juggle playing RB for Real Madrid and managing Swansea at the same time, what were they thinking?
    ha,ha

Sacked from a Championship club, and 3 days later, heís hired by a Premiership club. Fussball, eh?

On a side note, both managers were sacked after that match, him and Monk. I wonder if thatís a first? Potentially good pub quiz question.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Sacked from a Championship club, and 3 days later, heís hired by a Premiership club. Fussball, eh?

On a side note, both managers were sacked after that match, him and Monk. I wonder if thatís a first? Potentially good pub quiz question.
    Who is Monk managing now after being sacked by Middlesbrough? Pulis got his job. I know the new Swansea boss was sacked by Sheffield Wednesday.

Unfortunately for Wales, that leaves Ryan Giggs as the favourite to manage them. His biggest rival in the betting was Pulis.

Mourinho really makes my skin crawl. Another one of his backhanded 'blame the player for his failings while presenting it as some sort of compliment'.

Never mind the fact that it was him who chose to play him in all those matches.

"I have to be grateful to Romelu," said Mourinho.

"For striker in Premier League to play 20 matches, all 90 minutes, says a lot about his personality and character.

"He was in the picture in some of the last goals we concede but all is a consequence of a player who really needs a little rest."

Mourinho really makes my skin crawl. Another one of his backhanded 'blame the player for his failings while presenting it as some sort of compliment'.

"For striker in Premier League to play 20 matches, all 90 minutes, says a lot about his personality and character.

"He was in the picture in some of the last goals we concede but all is a consequence of a player who really needs a little rest."
    Talk of throwing yet another player under a bus. No wonder he's not scoring goals consistently. He must be demoralized. Mourinho as I've said previously is poisonous.

Blaming your 80m striker for goals you've conceded?

He just has no shame.

You can kinda see him setting the groundwork lately for Utd to start asking questions about keeping him, it all looks very familiar.

Defense is a team game. Strikers can be at fault for goals allowed just as much as other players, especially in set piece situations. Firmino was clearly to blame for the first goal we allowed at Watford.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular

Why doesn't he rest him then? He has a better striker in Ibra there anyway.

He just has no shame.

You can kinda see him setting the groundwork lately for Utd to start asking questions about keeping him, it all looks very familiar.
    He's making excuses to get out of there. He's not got the balls anymore to fight Pep and is PSG bound because it's an easier league and he could easily earn £6 million a year more. He would have an enormous war chest and he wouldn't have the spectre of Baconface looking down at him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Why doesn't he rest him then? He has a better striker in Ibra there anyway.
    The guy's a moron, that's why. He makes excuses about lacking (fit) alternatives which may be true, BUT that doesn't tally with him playing Lukaku every minute in the league given :

game 1 : 4-0 vs West Ham
    game 2 : 4-0 vs Swansea
    game 4 : 4-0 vs Everton
    game 7 : 4-0 vs C Palace
    game 12 : 4-1 vs Newcastle
    game 14 : 4-2 vs Watford

Yes of late they've not won by more than one goal margins, not in the last five leastways, and in the first three games listed they didn't score a third until gone 80 minutes, but were 3-0 up after 49 vs palace, scored their 4th on the 70th minute vs Newcastle

But all that aside it is INSANE to play your expensive striker all the time, never take a risk or take him off, and then blame his fatigue and continue to play him..... He's been VERY luckykaku that he hasn't been injured. And he's played all six CL games, opportunity to rest him at 2-0 vs Basel, when they scored a 4th in the 57th minute vs CSKA, at 78 minutes and 2-0 up vs Benfica and after Rashford scored a 2nd against CSKA with qualification assured - CSKA would have had to score FOUR more times to have knocked the mancs out on (head to head) away goals and in 24 minutes plus stoppage time at that!
    People will believe what they want to believe

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    The guy's a moron, that's why. He makes excuses about lacking (fit) alternatives which may be true, BUT that doesn't tally with him playing Lukaku every minute in the league given :

Yes of late they've not won by more than one goal margins, not in the last five leastways, and in the first three games listed they didn't score a third until gone 80 minutes, but were 3-0 up after 49 vs palace, scored their 4th on the 70th minute vs Newcastle

But all that aside it is INSANE to play your expensive striker all the time, never take a risk or take him off, and then blame his fatigue and continue to play him..... He's been VERY luckykaku that he hasn't been injured. And he's played all six CL games, opportunity to rest him at 2-0 vs Basel, when they scored a 4th in the 57th minute vs CSKA, at 78 minutes and 2-0 up vs Benfica and after Rashford scored a 2nd against CSKA with qualification assured - CSKA would have had to score FOUR more times to have knocked the mancs out on (head to head) away goals and in 24 minutes plus stoppage time at that!
    Yeah, it's mental. You'd think there's more to it though, wouldn't you? More 'mind games' with the owners? Basically saying he's forced to play Lukaku every game because he doesn't have anyone else, so they give him more money to go after the likes of Griezmann. Ibra and Rashford are strikers, yet Lukaku has literally played every minute of every game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

He said nothing about needing more money after that great start - he waited until it went belly up.....

Also

Compared to Man City, he had the players most fantasy managers would of wanted
    De Gea over Edison - Jones over Stones - Blind over Otamendi - Rashford over Sterling - Matic over Fernandinho
    Just goes to show that pep, has coached the players better than maureen

Sad man

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Yeah, it's mental. You'd think there's more to it though, wouldn't you? More 'mind games' with the owners? Basically saying he's forced to play Lukaku every game because he doesn't have anyone else, so they give him more money to go after the likes of Griezmann. Ibra and Rashford are strikers, yet Lukaku has literally played every minute of every game.
    And Martial.

But I guess Martial and Rashford are unacceptable as they are only 6ft ish and their style isn't suitable for getting it wide and whipping in cross after cross.

Some Utd fans calling for Rodgers to replace moanio, ha ha ha

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular

Brendan would get them playing proper football that is for sure!!
    Looks like Mourinho is slowly losing his head and wheels are about to come off.
    Yesterday on bt sports some caller wanted Carlo Anceloti to replace Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Brendan would get them playing proper football that is for sure!!
    Looks like Mourinho is slowly losing his head and wheels are about to come off.
    Yesterday on bt sports some caller wanted Carlo Anceloti to replace Mourinho.
    It's so enjoyable

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    It's so enjoyable
    Get Alan Curbishley on the phone!!!

I reckon he's gone at the end of the season. The man is broken and he's headed for an almighty fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I reckon he's gone at the end of the season. The man is broken and he's headed for an almighty fall.
    Diego Simeone could be tempted if Althetico loose players

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    He needs to take a year out of the game, his head is not right at the moment and he looks and sounds like he has fallen out of love with the game.