Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1429

Thread: Rival Watch 2017/18

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Diego Simeone could be tempted if Althetico loose players
    They won't go for him. They won't replace pragmaticism with pragmaticism. United are a proud and pompous club. The last time they had a manager that provided dull-fests was in 1978, they reverted back to type in 1981 by appointing an attacking manager. They replaced Dave Sexton with Ron Atkinson. They would have won titles if it weren't for the genius of Bob Paisley who was managing the best team in Europe.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19,419
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    He needs to take a year out of the game, his head is not right at the moment and he looks and sounds like he has fallen out of love with the game.
    It's all peps fault I think.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,931
    Gabriel Jesus could be out for 2 months
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield_al9 View Post
    Gabriel Jesus could be out for 2 months
    Seen that. What about KDB?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,931
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Seen that. What about KDB?
    A few days
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield_al9 View Post
    A few days
    Interesting that they only have one striker now to use.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,974
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Interesting that they only have one striker now to use.
    Rumours they might step up attempts to get Sanchez in Jan now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41,032
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Rumours they might step up attempts to get Sanchez in Jan now.
    With Zaha going to Arsenal, that is what I read rumour wise. Marhez also linked with Gooners.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    With Zaha going to Arsenal, that is what I read rumour wise. Marhez also linked with Gooners.
    Zaha apparently confirmed that he wasn’t going anywhere in January.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    With Zaha going to Arsenal, that is what I read rumour wise. Marhez also linked with Gooners.
    I hope not. I want us to go for Mahrez if we lose Coutinho.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    19,419
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    With Zaha going to Arsenal, that is what I read rumour wise. Marhez also linked with Gooners.
    Sanchez replacement in the summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Some Utd fans calling for Rodgers to replace moanio, ha ha ha
    Would be an upgrade.

    Seriously, Mourinho is massively overrated. He got a lot of silverware I give him that, but when you take a closer look you see it was not that impressive. Mourinhos biggest strength was choosing his stations wisely. He went to clubs where he could outspend everybody domestically. So getting a title in 3 years is the least I can expect from a manger who has the most money in the league. For those 2 CL he won. Well cups fit his style perfectly. You can draw every game 0:0 and can win the CL. Di Matteo won the CL with Chelsea by parking the bus. Where is this manager now?
    Now he could not outspend Guardiola and all of a sudden his outspending strategy does not work anymore. The moment the title race was over his motivation skills failed. I would not be surprised if they finished outside top4 again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDim View Post
    Would be an upgrade.

    Seriously, Mourinho is massively overrated. He got a lot of silverware I give him that, but when you take a closer look you see it was not that impressive. Mourinhos biggest strength was choosing his stations wisely. He went to clubs where he could outspend everybody domestically. So getting a title in 3 years is the least I can expect from a manger who has the most money in the league. For those 2 CL he won. Well cups fit his style perfectly. You can draw every game 0:0 and can win the CL. Di Matteo won the CL with Chelsea by parking the bus. Where is this manager now?
    Now he could not outspend Guardiola and all of a sudden his outspending strategy does not work anymore. The moment the title race was over his motivation skills failed. I would not be surprised if they finished outside top4 again.
    When you hear Mourinho whining about money, you know he's on the way out. He did in his first spell at Chelsea and got sacked. I wonder what the odds are of him being sacked in the summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    When you hear Mourinho whining about money, you know he's on the way out. He did in his first spell at Chelsea and got sacked. I wonder what the odds are of him being sacked in the summer.
    Depends, if they finish outside top 4 (quite possible) and win nothing (also a very real possibility) I'd put it at 65/35 or higher in favor of him getting binned. His anti-football was tolerable when it got them into the CL last year with mostly their crap Van Gaal squad. Not getting there with the same crappy style and his 300 million spent?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Depends, if they finish outside top 4 (quite possible) and win nothing (also a very real possibility) I'd put it at 65/35 or higher in favor of him getting binned. His anti-football was tolerable when it got them into the CL last year with mostly their crap Van Gaal squad. Not getting there with the same crappy style and his 300 million spent?
    The problem with that is they would have to go into a period of serious transition. Mourinho signed "Mourinho type players ". Not very many who have different philosophies would be able to work with many of them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Arsenal vs Chelsea up next, a nice draw there would be brilliant, or maybe a Chelsea win if not.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,974
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,974
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Arsenal vs Chelsea up next, a nice draw there would be brilliant, or maybe a Chelsea win if not.
    One of those games where any result has its benefits; if we're looking upwards an Arsenal win would be nice, looking behind us a Chelsea win would be nice, and a draw would be a nice middleground.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,797
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I'm with Jose on this.

    Can't stand listening to Paul Scholes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29,325
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Not so much that - but I did laugh at maureen again yesterday...
    Normally he pushes his players under the bus
    Yesterday it was
    I wanna praise my players for their hard work, they put in, over one of the worst possible calendars over the festive zone...

    Anyone would think they had it tough.... hahaha
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Not so much that - but I did laugh at maureen again yesterday...
    Normally he pushes his players under the bus
    Yesterday it was
    I wanna praise my players for their hard work, they put in, over one of the worst possible calendars over the festive zone...

    Anyone would think they had it tough.... hahaha
    Their calender was no different to the following sides

    Bournemouth
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Burnley
    Leicester
    Liverpool.

    So I wonder how in the name of sweet Jesus can he claim that United were unfairly treated?


    Look at Spurs, they play today, Thursday and Sunday. That's 3 games is 6 days. You don't hear Pochettino whining. Every team has been treated the same. So he needs to get off his high horse and suck it up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I thought this was peak Josť.

    Everyone is talking about how he had a go at Scholes, but nobody seems to be talking about the fact that he did exactly what Scholes said he should do with Pogba - play him further forward. And he played his best all season too.

    So Jose has a go at Scholes by saying 'sometimes Pogba plays well, sometimes okay, sometimes bad..' all to distract from the exact reason he did play well. I’m really hoping Scholes mentions it, but knowing him, he’ll just be happy to see Utd play well and say nothing.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,974
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I thought this was peak Josť.

    Everyone is talking about how he had a go at Scholes, but nobody seems to be talking about the fact that he did exactly what Scholes said he should do with Pogba - play him further forward. And he played his best all season too.

    So Jose has a go at Scholes by saying 'sometimes Pogba plays well, sometimes okay, sometimes bad..' all to distract from the exact reason he did play well. I’m really hoping Scholes mentions it, but knowing him, he’ll just be happy to see Utd play well and say nothing.
    I liked the little digs too, about money and the 25% comment, I'm just enjoying the constant whinging tbh, wonder who the next Utd player, past or present, he's going to slate next.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I liked the little digs too, about money and the 25% comment, I'm just enjoying the constant whinging tbh, wonder who the next Utd player, past or present, he's going to slate next.
    Yeah, it’s brilliant alright. You know he had that nonsense prepared as well, makes it even better. He seems to really need a fight or a grudge to get his players fired up, it seems to be his one trick. It backfired beautifully at Chelsea picking on the physio, hopefully this is the start of something beautiful now!

    Having said all that, the win was very annoying.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I thought this was peak Josť.

    Everyone is talking about how he had a go at Scholes, but nobody seems to be talking about the fact that he did exactly what Scholes said he should do with Pogba - play him further forward. And he played his best all season too.

    So Jose has a go at Scholes by saying 'sometimes Pogba plays well, sometimes okay, sometimes bad..' all to distract from the exact reason he did play well. I’m really hoping Scholes mentions it, but knowing him, he’ll just be happy to see Utd play well and say nothing.
    What Scholes has to learn is that Mourinho is a results driven manager and a pragmatist. He's not going to set his teams out to be as cavalier as Ferguson's teams were. There is two reasons for this. He's a rigid formation manager and he doesn't have or sign the players to be as fluid or flexible as Klopp or Pep. They sign fluid and flexible players and that's why they have fluid and flexible formations. They also train their players to play like that, Mourinho doesn't.

    Secondly, I cannot remember Scholes criticizing when they won two trophies last year. Sure everything was rosy in the garden. Despite the fact they were better at drawing than Tony Hart, sent insomniacs to sleep and finished 6th. Mourinho was the best thing since sliced bread.

    However in Scholes' defence, he's paid to criticise. However to be honest, he doesn't criticise enough and he himself gets defensive and throws out excuses when backed into a corner. Maourinho has to accept criticism from the media though. He's got to let it run off his back. All managers get criticised.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Their calender was no different to the following sides

    Bournemouth
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Burnley
    Leicester
    Liverpool.

    So I wonder how in the name of sweet Jesus can he claim that United were unfairly treated?


    Look at Spurs, they play today, Thursday and Sunday. That's 3 games is 6 days. You don't hear Pochettino whining. Every team has been treated the same. So he needs to get off his high horse and suck it up.
    Haha! Yep, and Jose also said this about Spurs...

    “When you tell a club like Man Utd, do you think Milan is not as big as us? You think Real Madrid are not as big as we are?

    “I know what a big club is. One thing is a big club and another thing is a big football team. They are two different things.

    “When you speak about responsibilities to win the Premier League, Tottenham doesn’t have that responsibility because they are not a club with the same history as us"
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    What Scholes has to learn is that Mourinho is a results driven manager and a pragmatist. He's not going to set his teams out to be as cavalier as Ferguson's teams were. There is two reasons for this. He's a rigid formation manager and he doesn't have or sign the players to be as fluid or flexible as Klopp or Pep. They sign fluid and flexible players and that's why they have fluid and flexible formations. They also train their players to play like that, Mourinho doesn't.

    Secondly, I cannot remember Scholes criticizing when they won two trophies last year. Sure everything was rosy in the garden. Despite the fact they were better at drawing than Tony Hart, sent insomniacs to sleep and finished 6th. Mourinho was the best thing since sliced bread.

    However in Scholes' defence, he's paid to criticise. However to be honest, he doesn't criticise enough and he himself gets defensive and throws out excuses when backed into a corner. Maourinho has to accept criticism from the media though. He's got to let it run off his back. All managers get criticised.


    That is just brilliant.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    What Scholes has to learn is that Mourinho is a results driven manager and a pragmatist. He's not going to set his teams out to be as cavalier as Ferguson's teams were. There is two reasons for this. He's a rigid formation manager and he doesn't have or sign the players to be as fluid or flexible as Klopp or Pep. They sign fluid and flexible players and that's why they have fluid and flexible formations. They also train their players to play like that, Mourinho doesn't.

    Secondly, I cannot remember Scholes criticizing when they won two trophies last year. Sure everything was rosy in the garden. Despite the fact they were better at drawing than Tony Hart, sent insomniacs to sleep and finished 6th. Mourinho was the best thing since sliced bread.

    However in Scholes' defence, he's paid to criticise. However to be honest, he doesn't criticise enough and he himself gets defensive and throws out excuses when backed into a corner. Maourinho has to accept criticism from the media though. He's got to let it run off his back. All managers get criticised.
    I don't really think Scholes was THAT harsh either to be honest. He said he watched Pogba at Juventus and he is not given the same role at United. Said he is good at lots of things, but not a master in one thing at United. Jose is playing Pogba in a role that doesn't suit him.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,413
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post


    And Mourinho added: "If Paul [Scholes] decides to be a manager one day, I wish that he can be 25% as successful as myself.


    What a guy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20,225
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    I don't really think Scholes was THAT harsh either to be honest. He said he watched Pogba at Juventus and he is not given the same role at United. Said he is good at lots of things, but not a master in one thing at United. Jose is playing Pogba in a role that doesn't suit him.
    He wasn’t harsh at all, which is the point I was trying to make, this was all a big bluff to avoid the real discussion that he took Scholes' advice and it worked perfectly. Jose would never want anyone thinking he needed help, or knowing that he’s probably clueless in a lot of ways. So he has a go at Scholes instead to make him the enemy. He’s a lunatic.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •