Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flanagan in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    Not yet he's not.
    Last edited by bilsland; 2-1-18 at 19:33. Reason: Completely unacceptable comment
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    that escalated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chabs Isabell View Post
    Nah
    Have you something against Flannaghan and something against the police?

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Has he got something against Flanno beating his missus up? no, surely not?

Nothing against him in particular other than the fact he beat his girlfriend up which I totally disagree with. Quite liked his attitude on the pitch though.

According to Sky Sports he's going to get community service, so it's nothing really.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by godworethenumber9 View Post
    Hahaha Im done
    I'm out as well. This will be shut down anyway till the mods clean up the mess.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Happy to give time off to anybody not heeding requests to stop this bickering.

Ah damn! Popcorn just ready and all.

Needs sacked.
    Last edited by Jannno; 2-1-18 at 19:55. Reason: totally inappropriate content. 1 week ban

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    According to Sky Sports he's going to get community service, so it's nothing really.
    Other than having the stigma of being a woman beater hanging over his head for the rest of his life. People don’t forget stuff like that. He’ll get it from every away fan now which is probably a bigger punishment in itself.

**** sky. Trevor Sinclair will get off light
    He’ll get a driving ban at the worst and well deserved too.

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    He’ll get a driving ban at the worst and well deserved too.
    His car insurance premiums will go through the roof though when the ban ends

Other than having the stigma of being a woman beater hanging over his head for the rest of his life. People don’t forget stuff like that. He’ll get it from every away fan now which is probably a bigger punishment in itself.
    Unless they play for Man United of course. If you play for Man United and you beat your wife, you have airports named after you and have statues put up and are called part of a 'holy trinity'. If you play for Spurs, you're called a 'gifted genius".

Cafu now well and truly finished here. Should have gone before the season began.
    loyal since 1960.

I only saw some of the details of this earlier, not nice at all. I always feel for a player who’s been through the wringer with injuries, but this sounds brutal, god only knows what was going on. I always liked Flanno too, horrible way for it to end for all involved.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

I'm disapointed that this thread has been approved just because its bad mouth gossip. Just because you're charged doesn't mean you're guilty.
    Erm, it's well NEWS and when I asked for it to be approved I did say I thought the mods may want to put some kind of cautionary note about what people can and can't say from a legal perspective.

And from what I've read he is guilty as sin, and has admitted it, but I guess your one *insert name here* crusade on his behalf has done him no end of good, and indeed you. I mean you do get that this isn't a courtroom but a DISCUSSION board and that it is reasonable to take what (decent news) websites say as informed and reasonably accurate as they are as vulnerable to legal action as the next website.......?!?! BBC tend not to idly gossip and no doubt have legal consultation in such cases, but carry on digging into your hole and maybe you'll reach Australia before the end of the 5th Test........... (well actually if you're banned for a week I am sure you'll miss it, might make the ODIs though)

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I only saw some of the details of this earlier, not nice at all. I always feel for a player who’s been through the wringer with injuries, but this sounds brutal, god only knows what was going on. I always liked Flanno too, horrible way for it to end for all involved.
    Can't help but feel he was victim to stupidity and alcohol, not strange bedfellows as is oft seen on here! The club would be within its rights I'm sure to terminate his contract without having to pay out, but I'd hope they'd show a bit more class even if I do feel they should part ways ie word in his shell like, no future, go or be pushed kind of discussion.

Has the club released a statement? Couldn't easily find anything on this site (top end, not forums)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Can't help but feel he was victim to stupidity and alcohol, not strange bedfellows as is oft seen on here! The club would be within its rights I'm sure to terminate his contract without having to pay out, but I'd hope they'd show a bit more class even if I do feel they should part ways ie word in his shell like, no future, go or be pushed kind of discussion.

Has the club released a statement? Couldn't easily find anything on this site (top end, not forums)
    Flanno the victim. We've seen it all now. Jesus h Christ.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

I don't think a man hitting and kicking a woman can be called a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    No. Hoping the club show class and not sack him is also absurd. The darkness is strong in that one.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

I tend to agree, I’d be confident none of that would happen without alcohol.

The club's only comment I know of is the initial one that they acknowledged it, but would let the law run it’s course. I’m pretty sure I read that in an early story, but I don’t think it was an official statement on the website or anything.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Is there ever a fuss made when a woman hits and kicks a man?
    No......the man is expected to walk away and not do a thing about it.

We don't know the full story here. But many of the women you see in town these days......do not act like women.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Flanno the victim. We've seen it all now. Jesus h Christ.
    Is it Harry Harold Henry i've Googled Jesus middle name but there is no evidence of any middle name

Sometimes I think I'm living in some sort of white collar different dimension.

So here are my thoughts, and I'm honestly intrigued to know people's perspectives.

Am I the only one here, who if their employer found out they were convicted of assault on their partner, that would get fired likely on the spot?
    For you guys here who are managers, do you hire people who've been convicted of assault? Do your other employees know, and are they Ok with it and their safety
    As for alcohol being an excuse, I call bullcrap. People who get violently angry when they're drunk, shouldn't be *********** drinking. Period. Anyone disagree?

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    Sometimes I think I'm living in some sort of white collar different dimension.

So here are my thoughts, and I'm honestly intrigued to know people's perspectives.

Am I the only one here, who if their employer found out they were convicted of assault on their partner, that would get fired likely on the spot?
    For you guys here who are managers, do you hire people who've been convicted of assault? Do your other employees know, and are they Ok with it and their safety
    As for alcohol being an excuse, I call bullcrap. People who get violently angry when they're drunk, shouldn't be *********** drinking. Period. Anyone disagree?
    Work is the curse of the drinking classes!

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post

We don't know the full story here. But many of the women you see in town these days......do not act like women.
    You can't have it both ways ..

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post

How do women act ST?

Quote Originally Posted by setpieceking View Post
    You can't have it both ways ..
    And yet the way such incidents are portrayed in the media you'd think they are trying.

Remember the Ray Rice incident here in the states? The video clearly shows the woman beating on the man yet he got in huge trouble for defending himself.

My Mom and three older sisters always told me "Never, ever, hit a lady. However, as soon as she hits you she's no longer a lady and you can do what you have to do..."

(On that note, ST you should have said many of the women you see in town these days...do not act like ladies)

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    And yet the way such incidents are portrayed in the media you'd think they are trying.

Remember the Ray Rice incident here in the states? The video clearly shows the woman beating on the man yet he got in huge trouble for defending himself.

My Mom and three older sisters always told me "Never, ever, hit a lady. However, as soon as she hits you she's no longer a lady and you can do what you have to do..."

(On that note, ST you should have said many of the women you see in town these days...do not act like ladies)
    Best thing to do is laughing at her turn around and go away. It infuriates them