Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flanagan in trouble

1. #1 Default Flanagan in trouble 
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-42494944

Liverpool FC footballer Jon Flanagan has been charged with assault, Merseyside Police has said.

The 24-year-old defender was charged following an incident in Duke Street in Liverpool city centre at around 03:20 GMT on Friday.

A force spokesman said Flanagan, from Cressington, Liverpool, is accused of common assault.

He has been released on conditional bail and will appear before Liverpool City Magistrates' Court on 2 January.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

He'll get a fine , however Liverpool themselves will come down on him like a ton of bricks. His Liverpool career is definitely over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    He'll get a fine , however Liverpool themselves will come down on him like a ton of bricks. His Liverpool career is definitely over now.
    It was a token gesture by klopp to give him a new contract keeping some scouse spirit within the club , but the rise of TAA will probably spell the end of his career here whether this incident happened or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    It was a token gesture by klopp to give him a new contract keeping some scouse spirit within the club , but the rise of TAA will probably spell the end of his career here whether this incident happened or not.
    The improvement in Gomez has also seen to that too. Gomez has definitely repaid Klopps faith in him. I read something that Klopp when he arrived had high hopes for him.

Indeed you only have to look how the boss looked upon Sako.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    Indeed you only have to look how the boss looked upon Sako.
    Eh? The article linked had no details at all. At least here in the states "simple assault" can be as little as telling someone to "shove off before I toss you through the window". Any disciplinary action from the club would depend heavily on the details that emerge I would think.

(in any case, though, I'd say his career at LFC was already over for all intents and purposes)

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    foolish talk

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    foolish talk
    Which specific bit? Cause I fear his LFC career has been all but over for a few seasons now, loaned to Bumley last season and making just 10 apps, and since making 25 for us back in 13/14 he's played just NINE times for us since.

He's unlikely to make it as a CB here, even less likely with the arrival of Virgil, and believe it or not he's only made it to the matchday squad in the league ONCE all season. I suspect if he doesn't depart in January which his indiscretion, whatever the "assault" turns out to be, may hinder that but probably only delay it until the summer.

His contract? According to wiki he signed one in 15/16 through to 2019, so maybe if he doesn't leave at or before the end of the season he'll be released at the end of next season. Even his back-up of being a FB isn't looking promising, Clyne, Gomez and TAA one side, Robertson, Moreno and Milner the other, although not so much Milner at the moment and he's hardly got time on his side, but CB with Lovren, Matip, Gomez, VVD and Klavan begs the question where exactly is Flanagan who'll be TWENTY FIVE on New Year's day going to play long term................? (if here that is)

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    foolish talk
    Ill wait for the court, but if I was convicted of assault I'd be fired on the spot, and I suspect most everyone here would. Given Klopps penchant for discipline, the fact he's gone nowhere on two years, I see no way back if he's convicted.

Can't believe he's still at our club. How long is his contract?

Yes poor anyway. Looks like the fame went to his head.
    As for the assault.....it's no big deal.
    Sterling had assault charges too.

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Hes pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend, likely to receive community service

And I'd hope so. Without wanting to sound cruel, we should come down on him like a tonne of bricks. He has found himself in an unbelievable position. He is a Championship level player, who we have given a contract to, almost solely down to loyalty. And then he repays us by making headlines for assault...I say fine him the maximum penalty and then put him on the transfer market for free.

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    Hes pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend, likely to receive community service
    Just been reading about it. Caught on cctv assaulting his girlfriend over a sustained period, even hitting her with a kick. That’s pretty despicable stuff.

Who cares? Drunken fools acting stupid. She's not even made a statement. They probably slap each other about all the time.

I'm disapointed that this thread has been approved just because its bad mouth gossip. Just because you're charged doesn't mean you're guilty.

I posted a thread yesterday comparing Lemar to Pulisic and it never seen the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    I'm disapointed that this thread has been approved just because its bad mouth gossip. I posted one last night comparing Lemar to Pulisic and it never seen the light of day.
    It's been reported from the court hearing. He's admitted it.
    He's not much good anyway . Might as well get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    well, i slapped my husband in the face and i regretted it, though he was acting an ass. Thing is i love him and he might not be the best at what he does, but he's the main breadwinner.

Some of you posters are complete *********. I feel for the lad and his girlfiend

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Needs sacked.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

well, i slapped my husband in the face and i regretted it, though he was acting an ass. Thing is i love him and he might not be the best at what he does, but he's the main breadwinner.

Some of you posters are complete *********. I feel for the lad
    Are you for real? Have you read the minutes from the court? There’s a big difference from giving someone a slap and this ..

“I have been given a detailed breakdown of that CCTV footage which shows that you assaulted this young lady not just once but on several occasions during that few minutes in the early hours, once involving your foot…

“Though this lady has several injuries, she claims that you have not seen them.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chabs Isabell View Post
    Are you for real? Have you read the minutes from the court? There’s a big difference from giving someone a slap and this ..

“I have been given a detailed breakdown of that CCTV footage which shows that you assaulted this young lady not just once but on several occasions during that few minutes in the early hours, once involving your foot…

“Though this lady has several injuries, she claims that you have not seen them.”
    I haven't seen or read any of the court details or CCTV footage. I would assume you were there in the court and witnessed it all?

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred

Some of you posters are complete *********. I feel for the lad and his girlfiend
    Somebody needs to bring back the facepalm.

I haven't seen or read any of the court details or CCTV footage. I would assume you were there in the court and witnessed it all?
    It’s the minutes from the court ffs! That’s the judges statement above. Plus he’s pleaded guilty. What more do you want, a reenactment?

Yeah, that poor, poor woman beater. Im gutted for him myself

It’s the minutes from the court ffs! That’s the judges statement above. Plus he’s pleaded guilty. What more do you want, a reenactment?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Seriously! Players from the club can do no wrong in some people’s eyes.

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Just been reading about it. Caught on cctv assaulting his girlfriend over a sustained period, even hitting her with a kick. That’s pretty despicable stuff.
    Thats quite hard to believe to be fair, he actually managed to become so accurate he caught her with a kick

Bit seriously horrible person if its true

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    it was a face slap i gave him

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    Thats quite hard to believe to be fair, he actually managed to become so accurate he caught her with a kick

Bit seriously horrible person if its true

I'd like to see you provide minutes from the court on cases that doesn't involve LFC players or staff.

Any word of you bringing up the minutes on Trevor Sinclair's case?