Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 991 to 1,017 of 1017

Thread: Van Dijk to Join LFC on 1st January. Official.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Tight hamstring, apparently.
    It’s probably not the worst thing as long as it’s just being careful with him, and not something more. I never expected him to be playing the first two matches anyway, especially not from the start. I couldn’t believe he played against Everton, but felt it was with one eye on this. Maybe it was all too much too soon. He hasn’t played a whole lot.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    That bit in that interview with Klopp cracked me up.

Thommo - 'In my opinion, he is a Rolls Royce'

Klopp - 'Hopefully more mobile!'

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Already injured. Not playing against City today
    Seriously

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Tight hamstring. To be expected really. New training regime, gave it beans in the derby. Probably hasn't worked this hard all season since joining us.

Shame about today, but we have bigger games coming up in the future that Virgil will be just as important.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Tight hamstring. To be expected really. New training regime, gave it beans in the derby. Probably hasn't worked this hard all season since joining us.

Shame about today, but we have bigger games coming up in the future that Virgil will be just as important.
    Yeah, good points. And if the other lads needed any motivation to show they can defend, they have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    That bit in that interview with Klopp cracked me up.

Thommo - 'In my opinion, he is a Rolls Royce'

Klopp - 'Hopefully more mobile!'

The 'free transfer' bit just after was brilliant too.

The cynical part of me is thinking that Klopp would rather play 2 center halves that know exactly what he requires of his team as VVD still gets up to speed. IF we get beaten the tight hamstring stops people saying VVD should have played.

Quote Originally Posted by Chabs Isabell View Post
    The cynical part of me is thinking that Klopp would rather play 2 center halves that know exactly what he requires of his team as VVD still gets up to speed. IF we get beaten the tight hamstring stops people saying ‘VVD should have played’.
    He referenced as much in his presser actually, you could be right. It'd be nice to think we’re getting that savvy too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    He referenced as much in his presser actually, you could be right. It'd be nice to think we’re getting that savvy too.
    If VVD is on the bench then I think it more or less would confirm it.

The cynical part of me is thinking that Klopp would rather play 2 center halves that know exactly what he requires of his team as VVD still gets up to speed. IF we get beaten the tight hamstring stops people saying ‘VVD should have played’.
    Not sure Klopp would make up an injury to justify his selection.

If VVD is on the bench then I think it more or less would confirm it.
    But at the same time that would probably undermine the ‘cunning plan’. I can’t see him on the bench if a tight hamstring was official.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Tight hamstring, apparently.
    Few more niggles and absences and he'll be tagged an injury prone was of money in no time

But at the same time that would probably undermine the ‘cunning plan’. I can’t see him on the bench if a tight hamstring was official.
    Yeah youd imagine hed be ruled out of the match day squad.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Not sure Klopp would make up an injury to justify his selection.
    He was all in on Phil's back injury in the summer which you’d have to think was just to avoid too much speculation. It’s not the same here, but I could see him just not wanting to deal with the questions.

I suppose regardless, it does make some sense that he’d rather a back line more familiar with eachother because they will be busy, unlike vs Everton.

He was all in on Phil's back injury in the summer which youd have to think was just to avoid too much speculation. Its not the same here, but I could see him just not wanting to deal with the questions.

I suppose regardless, it does make some sense that hed rather a back line more familiar with eachother because they will be busy, unlike vs Everton.
    I'd like to think he's open and honest enough just to say he prefers X and Y, and VVD needs time to settle, but I'd think throwing him into the Merseyside derby so soon might suggest perhaps the only reason for leaving VVD out might be a tactical choice which again I'd like to think Klopp would not be afraid to say.

Maybe he's just worried about breaking his new toy so soon after splashing out big money on it

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I'd like to think he's open and honest enough just to say he prefers X and Y, and VVD needs time to settle, but I'd think throwing him into the Merseyside derby so soon might suggest perhaps the only reason for leaving VVD out might be a tactical choice which again I'd like to think Klopp would not be afraid to say.

Maybe he's just worried about breaking his new toy so soon after splashing out big money on it
    Yeah, I’d agree with that. I suppose I was just entertaining the idea that he’d say something just to avoid the hassle, it wouldn’t be a bad thing. I didn’t necessarily believe Salah was injured the last few games tbh, but I do tend towards cynicism.

Yeah, Id agree with that. I suppose I was just entertaining the idea that hed say something just to avoid the hassle, it wouldnt be a bad thing. I didnt necessarily believe Salah was injured the last few games tbh, but I do tend towards cynicism.
    I suppose look at it this way, if he said it was tactical or he felt say Matip and Lovren were more suitable for this game, or even it was too early, the media would just speculate he was injured so you go one way the media will claim it's the other and vice versa....

I suppose look at it this way, if he said it was tactical or he felt say Matip and Lovren were more suitable for this game, or even it was too early, the media would just speculate he was injured so you go one way the media will claim it's the other and vice versa....
    And if it went pear shaped, he’d never hear the end of it either.

I was expecting him to play because he played against Everton and did so well. But prior to the Everton match, I didn’t expect him to play either of the games tbh, at least not from the start.

Yeah, I’d agree with that. I suppose I was just entertaining the idea that he’d say something just to avoid the hassle, it wouldn’t be a bad thing. I didn’t necessarily believe Salah was injured the last few games tbh, but I do tend towards cynicism.
    Can you imagine if he left VVD out and Lovren or Matip gave away a howler to lose the game? The questions hed have to field from not only journalists and pundits but the fans as well. I think its feasible to suggest saying that VVD has a slight injury, thus eliminating any such repercussions if we lost.

Can you imagine if he left VVD out and Lovren or Matip gave away a howler to lose the game? The questions he’d have to field from not only journalists and pundits but the fans as well. I think it’s feasible to suggest saying that VVD has a slight injury, thus eliminating any such repercussions if we lost.
    So spend 75m on a defender, throw him in against the bitters in the derby where he does well, and then be worried what might happen next game if we lose so make up an injury.............???

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory to me, or maybe just absurd. If we lose it will be because they're a very good side, shouldn't be hiding multimillion pound footballers, and a club record signing, and indeed theoretically reducing the prospects of winning. Be no point buying big money footballers if we're worrying about outcomes of games and not picking them as a consequence.

So spend 75m on a defender, throw him in against the bitters in the derby where he does well, and then be worried what might happen next game if we lose so make up an injury.............???

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory to me, or maybe just absurd. If we lose it will be because they're a very good side, shouldn't be hiding multimillion pound footballers, and a club record signing, and indeed theoretically reducing the prospects of winning. Be no point buying big money footballers if we're worrying about outcomes of games and not picking them as a consequence.
    Playing him against Everton was relatively risk free as they were never going to attack us, though they did more than I’d expected tbf. We'll be very busy at the back today, so it makes sense to leave him out, injured or not. We’re a very tactical team, and if he’s not on the same page yet, it could go quite badly for him. I don’t think that’s fear based, more just assessment and good man management. Though I’d be very confident he’d do well tbh.

Btw, is it confirmed he’s not playing?

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Playing him against Everton was relatively risk free as they were never going to attack us, though they did more than Id expected tbf. We'll be very busy at the back today, so it makes sense to leave him out, injured or not. Were a very tactical team, and if hes not on the same page yet, it could go quite badly for him. I dont think thats fear based, more just assessment and good man management. Though Id be very confident hed do well tbh.

Btw, is it confirmed hes not playing?
    play them like we played bayern in preseason and win 3-0... niice
    we let them have the ball a ot and kept pinching it off them and hitting them on the counter

I can't help but think Virgil would have buried a few of Ox's corners this afternoon had he of started the match versus City!

Obviously sounds extremely arrogant but does anyone think Swansea will get a shot on goal if VVD plays?

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Obviously sounds extremely arrogant but does anyone think Swansea will get a shot on goal if VVD plays?
    I hope not because Karius is in net.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    no worse than migs.... and will prove himself to be much better

lotta people gonna be eating their words this time next year and maybe even before the season ends

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    If we're unable to keep (a) clean sheet(/s) and/or concede a sloppy or soft goal, then best not to potentially cause our goalkeeper to lose the slightest confidence whatsoever.. kind of a cowardly approach/philosophy somewhat, don't you suppose