Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 160

Thread: RedCafe Meltdown Thread 17/18

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    17,601
    They are still ahead of us in the league...

    Can't enjoy their meltdowns properly until we are ahead of them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    They are still ahead of us in the league...

    Can't enjoy their meltdowns properly until we are ahead of them.
    Rooney hatrick and Pickford clean sheet is what we need right now!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    slimman is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43,565
    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    They are still ahead of us in the league...

    Can't enjoy their meltdowns properly until we are ahead of them.
    They know they're in a fight though....we have put some scoreboard pressure on them and the other teams smell the blood as well. 3 into 5 doesn't look good for any of those 5 teams but United are having their wobble (although i expect Everton will lay down for them today).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    72,795
    Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    They know they're in a fight though....we have put some scoreboard pressure on them and the other teams smell the blood as well. 3 into 5 doesn't look good for any of those 5 teams but United are having their wobble (although i expect Everton will lay down for them today).
    maybe, but lets not forget the ex player syndrome of scoring goals. doesn't look good for united
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    kloppogarcia is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,637
    Useless Bitters, letting us down!
    Sangria FTW.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,007
    Quote Originally Posted by cookygarcia View Post
    Useless Bitters, letting us down!
    Anno mate, just goes to show we need to do our own job, keep picking up the points. I reckon we'll overtake them in the next few weeks.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,729
    Looking at the fixtures over the next month or so for them and us, I truely believe the 3 point gap on their part will be eradicated by end of Feb at the latest. In that time I would actually expect us to be ahead of Utd. It seems teams (Everton apart) know how to hold out against Utd - evidenced by draws over recent weeks, while we seem to be turning a corner and can now win convincingly or scrape out wins (e.g. Leicester/Burnley).
    Utd fans will be worrying right now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    951
    We all know it doesn't work like that though. I fully expected 6 points from Everton and West Brom at home. Liverpool have an annoying tendency to mess things up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,337
    Quote Originally Posted by HIP-KLOPPBEATZ View Post
    We all know it doesn't work like that though. I fully expected 6 points from Everton and West Brom at home. Liverpool have an annoying tendency to mess things up.
    True,I never look at a fixture and think "There's three more points",especially when it comes to the teams we're expected to beat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    They are still ahead of us in the league...

    Can't enjoy their meltdowns properly until we are ahead of them.
    not long now...

    here's a few pearlers from yesterday

    Yesterday at 16:10
    #15
    Gazautd18
    New Member

    Is that the league gone then?

    Nate Dogg
    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2002

    Time for Mourinho to go...i have been saying this for weeks that his grasp of tactics and team selection is at best inept.
    Yesterday at 16:12
    #31
    Full bodied red
    Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2014


    Depressing....

    Sick to the back teeth of seeing Big Time Charlie Pogba stinking the place out.

    Bench him....And I mean for three or four matches....Until he gets it that he isn't as good as he thinks he is....


    Yesterday at 16:12
    #45
    Mal donaghy
    Full Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016

    GUTLESS **** PLAYERS!!!!!!
    Even when we win we play **** lately, I know I’m emotional right now but to me, the players don’t seem arsed at all !!!


    Yesterday at 16:13
    #52
    Vagene
    New Member


    Absolutely shocking performance, we’ve looked awful for weeks. Don’t know why I get so excited for united games, same ***** football week in week out.

    Sanchez must be thinking what has he done
    53757 - declared
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,757
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    17,601
    I was wondering to myself yesterday what it would be like to be a United fan. I don't know if I could stomach that **** football they serve up. We may still be behind them in the league but at least we are constantly exciting to watch.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    I was wondering to myself yesterday what it would be like to be a United fan. I don't know if I could stomach that **** football they serve up. We may still be behind them in the league but at least we are constantly exciting to watch.
    Genuinely one of the worst sides to watch in Europe.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29,400
    Do they actually have a style? I donít think they do...certainly not attacking wise.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    mcdiggerman is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    not long now...

    here's a few pearlers from yesterday
    I agree about Pogba tbf

    The recent ridiculous transfer fees have helped him really

    Because otherwise - for the standards of the worlds most expensive football player, he's been very poor
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,340
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    Genuinely one of the worst sides to watch in Europe.
    Have had this discussion a million times on here. As well as a results business, football is an entertainment business. You pay £50 or £60 you expect to be entertained win, lose or draw. Only 1 team can win any competition, so if you can't win then entertain. Give the fans something to get excited about. At present, Utd aren't playing very well, results aren't great and performances aren't exciting.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    mcdiggerman is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Do they actually have a style? I don’t think they do...certainly not attacking wise.
    Defend strongly

    Kick the ball upto Lukaku

    Kick the ball long for Martials pace

    Aim to win free kicks in attacking third
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Do they actually have a style? I don’t think they do...certainly not attacking wise.
    I only saw the highlights of their game but my word, they seemed to have a lot of chances.

    I agree it's hard to figure out their style at times. Pogba alongside Matic in a 2 is mad. Keep doing that Jose.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    72,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Do they actually have a style? I don’t think they do...certainly not attacking wise.
    is this his third season? anyway, no idea, its just dire turgid football and waiting for one of the names to do something special. for what has been spent and the hype surrounding them overall its very poor.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    72,795
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdiggerman View Post
    I agree about Pogba tbf

    The recent ridiculous transfer fees have helped him really

    Because otherwise - for the standards of the worlds most expensive football player, he's been very poor
    agree. recall when it broke and many on here were suicidal and reaching for the pitchforks to oust everyone at the club, including the cat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,916
    if united could bring back the pass back rule they would
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    if united could bring back the pass back rule they would
    53757 - declared
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Mourinho out - nice ring to it
    why would a Liverpool fan want Jose out?.....It is not obvious he will NEVER again win anything of any consequence?(#bustedFlush)
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    why would a Liverpool fan want Jose out?.....It is not obvious he will NEVER again win anything of any consequence?(#bustedFlush)
    i think so too, football has evolved and he has not, he is now very much out dated with the likes of pep, Poch, Klopp moving ahead, interesting to see UNited fans want Poch as their next manager... nice way to celebrate a new contract
    53757 - declared
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Have had this discussion a million times on here. As well as a results business, football is an entertainment business. You pay £50 or £60 you expect to be entertained win, lose or draw. Only 1 team can win any competition, so if you can't win then entertain. Give the fans something to get excited about. At present, Utd aren't playing very well, results aren't great and performances aren't exciting.
    Absolutely.

    If youíre playing they way they are and not winning, youíre fans are getting nothing from football or their hard earned money.

    We can be infuriating, but weíre always entertaining. In fact, the last two games Iíve walked out of Anfield in particular and felt gutted about paying were Man Utd, this, and last season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29,400
    The Man Utd ethos is all about going for it. Flying wingers and never say die attitude

    Thank you Jose.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    i think so too, football has evolved and he has not, he is now very much out dated with the likes of pep, Poch, Klopp moving ahead, interesting to see UNited fans want Poch as their next manager... nice way to celebrate a new contract
    Now, that would be a real problem..... Jose to stay please or bring back Moyes!
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25,380
    I'm glad Jose is doing what I wanted him to do - Martial on the right. Had absolutely no idea what his role was yesterday.

    Also Sanchez has had one sublime season for Arsenal and that was when he played as a striker. He won't be that much better than Martial off the left. Basically spending huge money on someone that hardly improves you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    The Man Utd ethos is all about going for it. Flying wingers and never say die attitude

    Thank you Jose.
    It's just lethargic isn't it, I mean the classic United sides under Fergie played **** it front foot football; their fans are being subjected to horrendous stuff it's like going from page 3 calendars every year for years with Fox and Lusardi to everyone from 2016 onwards looking like me Nan lol
    53757 - declared
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    I'm glad Jose is doing what I wanted him to do - Martial on the right. Had absolutely no idea what his role was yesterday.

    Also Sanchez has had one sublime season for Arsenal and that was when he played as a striker. He won't be that much better than Martial off the left. Basically spending huge money on someone that hardly improves you.
    Sanchez paradoxically make UTD worse.
    Not because he is not an improvement on what they have, but his presence means the team become dysfunctional and lopsided, added to that is his famed tactical indiscipline.

    Also ,Pogba has not got the football brain to play the role he is shoe-horned into by Sanchez being on the pitch..... unless Jose's battering ram( Lukaku gets dropped which will never happen).

    Conte will spot the obvious weakness in the current UTD set up and will beat UTD at OT on the 25th of february.
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •