Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Cryptocurrency

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,298
    Im on binance and bittrex, I have used others, most others I have used are good until you want to withdraw, or transfer between exchanges, it then becomes a long drawn out affair and your plans can be scuppered by daily withdrawal limits.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,097
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Im on binance and bittrex, I have used others, most others I have used are good until you want to withdraw, or transfer between exchanges, it then becomes a long drawn out affair and your plans can be scuppered by daily withdrawal limits.
    I’ve read a fair bit about that. It seems to be the main problem people encounter. Easy to get your money in but hard to get it out and in a market where you want to trade fast because of crazy fluctuations in price that makes it seem stacked against you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,939
    Quote Originally Posted by SectionOneOneSeven View Post
    Which exchange do you use?
    I use a combo of Binance to trade/exchange and Gdax to convert to fiat (when necessary). Given the byzantine and punitive tax situation re crypto in the United States it's critical to use exchanges that offer tracking tools for ALL transactions.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    I use a combo of Binance to trade/exchange and Gdax to convert to fiat (when necessary). Given the byzantine and punitive tax situation re crypto in the United States it's critical to use exchanges that offer tracking tools for ALL transactions.
    I suppose the last thing you’d want is to be done for fraud or not paying your taxes on it.

    I’ve been reading about ripple and its potential to slot in with banks. May buy some
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by SectionOneOneSeven View Post
    I suppose the last thing youd want is to be done for fraud or not paying your taxes on it.

    Ive been reading about ripple and its potential to slot in with banks. May buy some
    Ripple is basically a replacement for the SWIFT banking transaction system, but it is not truly decentralized as its been set aside for the banks to control - which is the antithesis of why a lot of people go into crypto. Its value has halved since the huge pump when I assume people realized this fact.

    If you are interested in financial tech look at XLM (Stellar Lumens) which has the same function but is decentralized and targeted at the poorer end of the market; allowing people in developing countries to transfer money between themselves for a fraction of the cost of SWIFT. Its been backed by IBM and has a lower market cap than Ripple.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,097
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Ripple is basically a replacement for the SWIFT banking transaction system, but it is not truly decentralized as its been set aside for the banks to control - which is the antithesis of why a lot of people go into crypto. Its value has halved since the huge pump when I assume people realized this fact.

    If you are interested in financial tech look at XLM (Stellar Lumens) which has the same function but is decentralized and targeted at the poorer end of the market; allowing people in developing countries to transfer money between themselves for a fraction of the cost of SWIFT. Its been backed by IBM and has a lower market cap than Ripple.
    Thanks I’ll have a look. I thought ripple might do well when crypto becomes more mainstream
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,298
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Ripple is basically a replacement for the SWIFT banking transaction system, but it is not truly decentralized as its been set aside for the banks to control - which is the antithesis of why a lot of people go into crypto. Its value has halved since the huge pump when I assume people realized this fact.

    If you are interested in financial tech look at XLM (Stellar Lumens) which has the same function but is decentralized and targeted at the poorer end of the market; allowing people in developing countries to transfer money between themselves for a fraction of the cost of SWIFT. Its been backed by IBM and has a lower market cap than Ripple.
    Im a big fan of XLM, I hold quite a bit of it, there is going to be an exchange based around it eventually, I think that as more exchanges emerge and different currencies can be paired with each other, BTC will eventually lose dominance.

    Im tempted to sell my BTC and put it into ethereum or buy some more NEO.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,063
    Massive drop all around today.

    Just stocked up on some binance coin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,298
    I always find it hard not to buy more when this happens !
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I always find it hard not to buy more when this happens !
    scrouge
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Im a big fan of XLM, I hold quite a bit of it, there is going to be an exchange based around it eventually, I think that as more exchanges emerge and different currencies can be paired with each other, BTC will eventually lose dominance.

    Im tempted to sell my BTC and put it into ethereum or buy some more NEO.
    85% of Alts are based on the ethereum network, so yeah even as a the global medium of exchange BTC is becoming less relevant.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •