Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency

1. #1 Default Cryptocurrency 
    Anyone in on this? Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Altcoins?

Post your investment strategies and coin tips here!

I made a little bit on Bitcoin but switched most of it to Altcoins a couple of months ago and have made 5x my investment. There is definitely a crash coming but hopefully that'll just whittle out the garbage stuff and keep the good tech options in there.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Anyone in on this? Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Altcoins?

Post your investment strategies and coin tips here!

I made a little bit on Bitcoin but switched most of it to Altcoins a couple of months ago and have made 5x my investment. There is definitely a crash coming but hopefully that'll just whittle out the garbage stuff and keep the good tech options in there.

Cheers
    You have companies that speculate into pumping and devaluating cryptocoins on demand

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You have companies that speculate into pumping and devaluating cryptocoins on demand
    Yep, a very small number of people with a lot of the coins are able to manipulate the market pretty easily. It happens in the stock market as well, but this is a bit like the wild west.

The core technology - variations of the block chain - is what its all about though and the technology is here to stay. There is legit money to be made beyond the pumping and dumping and rampant speculation going on at the moment.

Yep, a very small number of people with a lot of the coins are able to manipulate the market pretty easily. It happens in the stock market as well, but this is a bit like the wild west.

The core technology - variations of the block chain - is what its all about though and the technology is here to stay. There is legit money to be made beyond the pumping and dumping and rampant speculation going on at the moment.
    The problem is when people loan money to be part of the hype. Worse kind are the home equity loans. And people do it. Banks and credit companies also constantly advertising about ordinary and home loans to buy crypto currency. Its like before the housing boble with the stock market.

The problem is when people loan money to be part of the hype. Worse kind are the home equity loans. And people do it. Banks and credit companies also constantly advertising about ordinary and home loans to buy crypto currency. Its like before the housing boble with the stock market.
    Geeze that is mental. There's no way advertising of that kind should be legal.

Anyway, here is the dip - alts dropping while Bitcoin goes on a bull run.

Geeze that is mental. There's no way advertising of that kind should be legal.

Anyway, here is the dip - alts dropping while Bitcoin goes on a bull run.
    What was it bellow 14000 a couple of days ago? They are pumping it again
    And it sounds like they are moving the cash around

I am yes. About 6 different coins. Very much a bubble so very high risk but I don't think it'll burst for at least 12 months.

It is crazy though. I bought TRON 2 days ago and I woke up the next morning to it having increased 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    I am yes. About 6 different coins. Very much a bubble so very high risk but I don't think it'll burst for at least 12 months.

It is crazy though. I bought TRON 2 days ago and I woke up the next morning to it having increased 150%.
    Unless some regulations are introduced i think a bubble can be postponed for a couple of years. They are good money to earn if you try to control the roller-coaster.
    if regulations is introduced it will drop to a more stabile currency.

Unless some regulations are introduced i think a bubble can be postponed for a couple of years. They are good money to earn if you try to control the roller-coaster.
    if regulations is introduced it will drop to a more stabile currency.
    Fingers crossed.

What coins do you have?

Fingers crossed.

What coins do you have?
    None. i own an apartment, a mountain cabin and used a lot of money for down-payment for the second apartment and all the furniture for it so im broke
    Trying to talk the missus into getting a third apartment

None. i own an apartment, a mountain cabin and used a lot of money for down-payment for the second apartment and all the furniture for it so im broke
    Trying to talk the missus into getting a third apartment
    A mountain cabin? Where on earth do you live?

A mountain cabin? Where on earth do you live?
    Sweden. The cabin is in Serbia. 100 square meters with 700 square meters land in a forest.
    Its all investments for the kid.
    my cousin who i talk with on daily basis is into lite and ethereum

I got Tron when it was at 1c, but cashed out half yesterday to put into Ethereum as a hold. From what I have read Tron is vaporware so who knows what will happen from here.

I've read a few white papers and stuff but also just loosely follow the reddit threads and try and separate the shilling from the genuine tech.

I have XLM, REQ, VEN, ICX, XRP as my medium term holds. I tried day trading a few times, buying on hype and then when I get gains transfer it over to ETH, but its much harder than it looks Also, 2 days ago I switched all my BTC to ETH... lol

Hope you dumped Tron fast because that's a total scam coin.

I have coin in BTC, BCH, ETH, XRP, Dash, LTC, EOS, and IOTA. The only ICO coin I have is ICN. I also do some X11 and Scrypt mining.

At this point it's just house money doing the work for me - I've recouped 100% of my initial investment plus a little extra for a vacation in February. Given how our tax code has changed (now ALL transactions are taxed - sorry, daytraders) my intent is to hodl until hitting certain benchmarks and then analyzing the market to determine whether to cash some out or let it ride further. At the center of everything is belief that the tech itself (Blockchain, Tangle, HashGraph...something else) is revolutionary enough to shift most transactions from being centrally managed through "trusted" (owned) systems like hosted servers or cloud computing, to decentralized "trustless" peer-to-peer agreements where an immutable and open ledger offers more transparency into financial activity. It's very early days, the crypto aspect could collapse or be run out on a rail by governments and banks, but the underlying technology is at this point undeniably promising with real-world applications being launched every day.

Im into XRB, REQ, Iota, NEO and XLM for the long term so far.

I also mess about with plenty of others as they get pumped and dumped, i have managed to 5 x in the past six months, I also have a BTC that cost me 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    Hope you dumped Tron fast because that's a total scam coin.
    There is still a lot of money to be made, what makes you thin its a scam coin ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Not necessarily a scam coin in the long run but at the moment the $14b valuation is based on a white paper with very little information and a lot of buzzwords. Not even close to being a working product. The last press conference a couple of days ago, for example, was laughable. Sun just got up there and sprouted garbage and then ran some weird competition to give away a handful of coins. No substance at all.

Granted, this can apply to a lot of coins out there but if you want a long term hodl I usually like to have a bit of confidence in the tech. Like you said there is still probably money to be made in it but you would have to watch it very closely, at the moment that money is being made because newcomers saw a cheap coin in the top 20 and thought they could turn 3p into 1000.

The purpose of scams is to make money fast then dump the position. I'm just saying there's nothing behind TRON at all, it's pure vaporware and will never have anything resembling working tech. Do not hold onto it - take your gains while you can.

Can anyone tell me about what they think of Dogecoin. It seems to have a community of its own and was started as some kind of joke( that is not going away I might say). Does anyone this it will go mainstream?
    My ship is coming in.

The purpose of scams is to make money fast then dump the position. I'm just saying there's nothing behind TRON at all, it's pure vaporware and will never have anything resembling working tech. Do not hold onto it - take your gains while you can.
    I already took my gains from it, saying its vaporware doesn't cut it though, half of the market is made up of vaporware, it will go up again at some point just like that XVG rubbish, the privacy coin with no privacy will keep bouncing up and down regardless of how backwards it is.

At the moment there is a lot of money following those that think that a one penny coin can one day be worth 15k, i have made quite a bit listening in on discord pump and dump channels but it was pretty hard to keep up at times, most of my money is in long term stuff.

I must admit, I cannot believe some of the crap that gets support, there is so much silly money out there, so many people just blinding investing on the back of seeing a green candle moving up !

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Can anyone tell me about what they think of Dogecoin. It seems to have a community of its own and was started as some kind of joke( that is not going away I might say). Does anyone this it will go mainstream?
    The founder of Dogecoin just came out on Twitter and said the fact the coin has a market cap of $1b shows how ridiculous it all is. That says it all really.

The issue is you have to see a legitimate store of value for each coin. Dogecoin is used to tip people on community forums (as far as I'm aware), I personally don't see that as a moneymaking market in the future - do you? Would you give "money" to people on here for good comments?!

The founder of Dogecoin just came out on Twitter and said the fact the coin has a market cap of $1b shows how ridiculous it all is. That says it all really.

The issue is you have to see a legitimate store of value for each coin. Dogecoin is used to tip people on community forums (as far as I'm aware), I personally don't see that as a moneymaking market in the future - do you? Would you give "money" to people on here for good comments?!
    Love the idea of it as a mockcoin

I wouldn't. But I would give money to have certain posters removed from the forums

I already took my gains from it, saying its vaporware doesn't cut it though, half of the market is made up of vaporware, it will go up again at some point just like that XVG rubbish, the privacy coin with no privacy will keep bouncing up and down regardless of how backwards it is.

At the moment there is a lot of money following those that think that a one penny coin can one day be worth 15k, i have made quite a bit listening in on discord pump and dump channels but it was pretty hard to keep up at times, most of my money is in long term stuff.
    Glad you took your gains because it's plummeting. You're right that it could bounce up again, but in terms of the lack of tech and dubious spectacular promises, as with other such alts, I stay well clear and put my money into established projects.

I'm not playing the short game (don't have time to day trade...carrying two jobs already) but I do research enough to place my money in projects with legs (hopefully). As a general rule, I stick with anything that's been in the top 15 in market cap for at least six months. Fractional buying makes it palatable. Might not have gains as spectacular as some **** coins on a daily basis, but over time the gains are consistent and the losses easier to tolerate because the top currencies have always bounced back higher on average than other alts.
    Last edited by Roshi98; 10-1-18 at 00:11.

Glad you took your gains because it's plummeting. You're right that it could bounce up again, but in terms of the lack of tech and dubious spectacular promises, as with other such alts, I stay well clear and put my money into established projects.

I'm not playing the short game (don't have time to day trade...carrying two jobs already) but I do research enough to place my money in projects with legs (hopefully). As a general rule, I stick with anything that's been in the top 15 in market cap for at least six months. Fractional buying makes it palatable. Might not have gains as spectacular as some **** coins on a daily basis, but over time the gains are consistent and the losses easier to tolerate because the top currencies have always bounced back higher on average than other alts.
    Agreed.
    I have been playing the day trade game here and there and at best its only small gains each day unless you get very lucky, a lot of the time its small losses as well, trying to beat the whales is almost impossible.

I too am finding it best to look for stable projects that I think will last and put my money into them long term, There are some massive gains to be had by shorting but the market as a whole is going up so if you get some good picks they will keep going up steadly and you can just sit back and watch them increase.

Which exchange do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by SectionOneOneSeven View Post
    Which exchange do you use?
    I've now limited myself to Binance because its the biggest and easiest to use from the handful I've tried. Unfortunately it doesnt have the really low value speculative coins which are scattered among the other exchanges so if you really want to get in on the 0.0001p coins you sort of need to be signed up with a bunch of exchanges. I've heard Kucoin is pretty good.

I've now limited myself to Binance because its the biggest and easiest to use from the handful I've tried. Unfortunately it doesnt have the really low value speculative coins which are scattered among the other exchanges so if you really want to get in on the 0.0001p coins you sort of need to be signed up with a bunch of exchanges. I've heard Kucoin is pretty good.
    Cheers. Tbh it seems like a helluva lot to get your head around with loads of jargon for a noob. Or is it not as complex as it seems?