Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 110 of 110

Thread: Do we need a new Captain and who?

  1. #91  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    8,087
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Yeah, you could see it as soon as the game started. He was barking commands to players, showing them where they should be positioned etc. Loved to see it.
    Sorrry to put a bit of a dampener but didn't you also find yourself thinking, 'why/how the eff did we screw up this transfer in July and where would we be in the League now if we'd had him all season?'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #92  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,163
    Quote Originally Posted by hardyards View Post
    It looks like Klopp has gone straight in and told the team directly that VVD will lead and give the orders on the pitch and it's had an immediate effect. He just looks like a boss on the pitch and that's a welcome sight after what we've had.

    Didn't think it'd happen immediately but no question now that VVD will be named captain as soon as this season ends. Hendo is history and it doesn't matter.
    Lovren also looked like a “leader” in the first few games, let’s see where we are at the end of the season. If that means the end of Henderson’s careee here then I am all for it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #93  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    It should be VVD from the summer onwards.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #94  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    And what would happen to Hendo in that case?
    I think Henderson might be moved on next summer (2019). As a club, we're signing a higher calibre of player now and I also believe that Jordan cannot be relied upon to play on a regular or consistent basis, given his injury record over the past year and a half or so. Taking this into account, it's possible and perhaps even likely that Henderson might be phased out of the starting XI and moved into more of a squad role over the next 18 months. Personally, I can't see him wanting to sit on the bench, even at a club of our size. And If the armband is taken off him, I doubt he'd want to stay.

    I could be completely wrong of course and Klopp may still view Henderson as a key part of his plans for the long term, but in my opinion, even though I rate him as a player, it feels like Jordan's time at our club is gradually coming to a close.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #95  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    And what would happen to Hendo in that case?
    Nothing.

    Just like when Hyypiä gave up the armband for Stevie.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #96  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,939
    VVD has been with us for 15 seconds and already I think he's the clear choice.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #97  
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,058
    Pretty much going to be Virgil. No disrespect to Hendo but VVD is going to be a regular starter. Looks the part and had all the necessary media attributes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #98  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I think Henderson might be moved on next summer (2019). As a club, we're signing a higher calibre of player now and I also believe that Jordan cannot be relied upon to play on a regular or consistent basis, given his injury record over the past year and a half or so. Taking this into account, it's possible and perhaps even likely that Henderson might be phased out of the starting XI and moved into more of a squad role over the next 18 months. Personally, I can't see him wanting to sit on the bench, even at a club of our size. And If the armband is taken off him, I doubt he'd want to stay.

    I could be completely wrong of course and Klopp may still view Henderson as a key part of his plans for the long term, but in my opinion, even though I rate him as a player, it feels like Jordan's time at our club is gradually coming to a close.
    Okay then but I think we could do the handover next summer, no need to wait another year.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #99  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Okay then but I think we could do the handover next summer, no need to wait another year.
    We should give the armband to VVD in the summer of 2018.

    Get it done.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #100  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Okay then but I think we could do the handover next summer, no need to wait another year.
    Fair enough, it could happen. I don't think it will though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #101  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    Klopp on why #lfc sold Coutinho now: "Because there was no other option. We had a contract but would have been difficult to keep him for 2nd half of season. Could he have helped us still? 100% clear no chance. Clear he wasn't ready to do that anymore."

    Make this a clear massage to fans who think they know best when it comes to Liverpool

    lets remind ourselves of the fans who said Coutinho should be made Liverpool captain....

    Let Klopp do his job, if Hendo is captain, get on with life

    if fans had it there way that traitor Coutinho would be captain - sums up a lot of the lack of knowledge fans have when they think they know it all and whats best for the club
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #102  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,256
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    Klopp on why #lfc sold Coutinho now: "Because there was no other option. We had a contract but would have been difficult to keep him for 2nd half of season. Could he have helped us still? 100% clear no chance. Clear he wasn't ready to do that anymore."

    Make this a clear massage to fans who think they know best when it comes to Liverpool

    lets remind ourselves of the fans who said Coutinho should be made Liverpool captain....

    Let Klopp do his job, if Hendo is captain, get on with life

    if fans had it there way that traitor Coutinho would be captain - sums up a lot of the lack of knowledge fans have when they think they know it all and whats best for the club
    It's called having an opinion. Fans are allowed that. You know the opinion in October that you thought Klopp had lost the players and it was all downhill after Spurs? (Yeah, don't worry, I remember )

    I mean, I thought it was ridiculous to name Coutinho captain or whatever but I'm not gonna sit here months after and write a prententious post calling people out on it just because he's been sold like I know best. We all get stuff wrong.

    Pipe down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #103  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    221
    Honestly do you see Klopp stripping Henderson of the captaincy? I get the feeling Klopp cares about the players feelings maybe a little bit more than he should. I maybe wrong. I would like to see some more ruthlessness from him tbf
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #104  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGenius View Post
    Honestly do you see Klopp stripping Henderson of the captaincy? I get the feeling Klopp cares about the players feelings maybe a little bit more than he should. I maybe wrong. I would like to see some more ruthlessness from him tbf
    Maybe... I dont think he cares as much about Hendo’s feelings as the people in this forum do
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #105  
    Sneets is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    30,331
    Last edited by Sneets; 12-1-18 at 16:55.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #106  
    Sneets is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    30,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I think Henderson might be moved on next summer (2019). As a club, we're signing a higher calibre of player now and I also believe that Jordan cannot be relied upon to play on a regular or consistent basis, given his injury record over the past year and a half or so. Taking this into account, it's possible and perhaps even likely that Henderson might be phased out of the starting XI and moved into more of a squad role over the next 18 months. Personally, I can't see him wanting to sit on the bench, even at a club of our size. And If the armband is taken off him, I doubt he'd want to stay.

    I could be completely wrong of course and Klopp may still view Henderson as a key part of his plans for the long term, but in my opinion, even though I rate him as a player, it feels like Jordan's time at our club is gradually coming to a close.
    TheNormalOne
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #107  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Nothing.

    Just like when Hyypiä gave up the armband for Stevie.
    Hyypia was still a vital cog in the team, as others have said our midfield is getting an upgrade in the close season, Hendo is at risk
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #108  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan-D View Post
    It's called having an opinion. Fans are allowed that. You know the opinion in October that you thought Klopp had lost the players and it was all downhill after Spurs? (Yeah, don't worry, I remember )

    I mean, I thought it was ridiculous to name Coutinho captain or whatever but I'm not gonna sit here months after and write a prententious post calling people out on it just because he's been sold like I know best. We all get stuff wrong.

    Pipe down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #109  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,249
    We have plenty of leaders in the team...you don't need an armband to show it. You don't even have to be a good player to be a good leader. I never get this obsession from fans, but I think it is mostly from people who didn't play sports?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #110  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    55,261
    Need one or not, VanDijk will have it come the start of next season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •