Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenway Sports Group, LLC (FSG) - owners of Liverpool FC and Anfield

Does the club have franchises around the world like Man City? For example, investing in other leagues.

It's not just about Anfield, the club must be making money around the globe. It should be involved in developing new players overseas and building the brand globally. I'm not talking support, but making money, generating revenue through subsidiaries, investing players in other leagues.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Does the club have franchises around the world like Man City? For example, investing in other leagues.

It's not just about Anfield, the club must be making money around the globe. It should be involved in developing new players overseas and building the brand globally. I'm not talking support, but making money, generating revenue through subsidiaries, investing players in other leagues.
    We have one
    Mancity had 16 but are down to 4
    Man U had 13 and are now at 11

canookiewookie is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    This forum is not a very good cross section of the fan base, thankfully.

I will just agree to disagree.
    You mean folks who think they are entitled to have the club do as they please. Thank goodness for that.

Last edited by Jannno; 5-1-18 at 17:15.

We all know that fsg will spend as little as possible, 75m goex on vvd so coutinho has to be sold this window, does not matter that we are fighting for fourth place and still in champions league.

canookiewookie is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppite007 View Post
    We all know that fsg will spend as little as possible, 75m goex on vvd so coutinho has to be sold this window, does not matter that we are fighting for fourth place and still in champions league.
    Probably eh.

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Who is this "we" you speak of? There is zero evidence to indicate VVD and Coutinho deals are at all related, but then again, I'm sure you are aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Who is this "we" you speak of? There is zero evidence to indicate VVD and Coutinho deals are at all related, but then again, I'm sure you are aware of that.
    I'm going to assume that nobody here works on the books for FSG, and if that is the case then it's fair to say that there is zero unequivocal evidence available to the fans.

However, it doesn't take much to see the correlation between when we've spent big and when we've sold big players. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    I'm going to assume that nobody here works on the books for FSG, and if that is the case then it's fair to say that there is zero unequivocal evidence available to the fans.

However, it doesn't take much to see the correlation between when we've spent big and when we've sold big players. Just saying.
    You'd rather us not spend the money?? We didn't sell Suarez to go spend the money, for example. We spend the money because we sold him (which was down to him wanting out). There is nothing to indicate that buying VVD would cause us to sell Coutinho. If we sell Coutinho, we will use that money to replace him.
    Last edited by TattooedByAgger; 5-1-18 at 19:08.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    You'd rather us not spend the money?? We didn't sell Suarez to go spend the money, for example. We spend the money because we sold him (which was down to him wanting out). There is nothing to indicate that selling VVD would cause us to sell Coutinho. If we sell Coutinho, we will use that money to replace him.
    Already?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Already?
    Haha, oops. Will need a quick edit.

You'd rather us not spend the money??
    Of course we should. It's just that there are those that believe that the transfer of VVD is related to the eventual Coutinho sale, and there are those that have been clinging on to the idea that it doesn't.

You only have to go back on the Coutinho thread, from the date of the VVD transfer, to see posters debating this subject. You've pointed out that there is zero evidence that points to the transfer of VVD being related to the eventual funds from Coutinho. I'm simply pointing out that there is a correlation of us spending big only when there is a big sale on the horizon, or there's just been a big sale.

It makes some supporters feel uncomfortable, believing deep down that, despite the silence, we are about to lose our best player.

What do you believe?

Of course we should. It's just that there are those that believe that the transfer of VVD is related to the eventual Coutinho sale, and there are those that have been clinging on to the idea that it doesn't.

You only have to go back on the Coutinho thread, from the date of the VVD transfer, to see posters debating this subject. You've pointed out that there is zero evidence that points to the transfer of VVD being related to the eventual funds from Coutinho. I'm simply pointing out that there is a correlation of us spending big only when there is a big sale on the horizon, or there's just been a big sale.

It makes some supporters feel uncomfortable, believing deep down that, despite the silence, we are about to lose our best player.

What do you believe?
    Some of us can see it before it happens but we are accused of being negative.

naturalskill is online now First team regular

What do you believe?
    of course it's all related
    anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't got a clue

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    of course it's all related
    anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't got a clue
    The money we spend is related to the money we receive? You don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    The money we spend is related to the money we receive? You don't say.
    Crazy idea...

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    You're right. No one knows - all we can do is look at what happens and form our own opinions.

Thats why i can't get my head around those saying its more than likely, or even stronger totally un linked. When looking at whats gone before, major incomings have been funded by major outgoings and net spend has always been relatively modest (when looking at the big big spenders)

It could be a total coincidence that we bought VVD for a huge sum with what seemed like no negotiation - the story goes they said 75m and we said OK - and we were always going to spend that. Or it could be we wouldn't have gone that far had we not known we were due a major windfall.

I know which i think is more likely

Fsg have been good owners, progress is a bit slower than some thought but mainly they have put us back on the map so onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    You're right. No one knows - all we can do is look at what happens and form our own opinions.

Thats why i can't get my head around those saying its more than likely, or even stronger totally un linked. When looking at whats gone before, major incomings have been funded by major outgoings and net spend has always been relatively modest (when looking at the big big spenders)

It could be a total coincidence that we bought VVD for a huge sum with what seemed like no negotiation - the story goes they said 75m and we said OK - and we were always going to spend that. Or it could be we wouldn't have gone that far had we not known we were due a major windfall.

I know which i think is more likely
    Was half joking with Seamus about it- where's the catch? £75m, no strings attached? It sounded almost too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Was half joking with Seamus about it- where's the catch? £75m, no strings attached? It sounded almost too good to be true.
    Until something like that doesn't happen then i'll expect it to. if that makes sense?

Until something like that doesn't happen then i'll expect it to. if that makes sense?
    Yeah, pretty much. Certainly wasn't thinking it was an all out attempt at buying a title just yet.

Yeah, pretty much. Certainly wasn't thinking it was an all out attempt at buying a title just yet.
    I'd love to be wrong about it.

And its not an FSG 'bashing' which many seem to instantly jump to. Its just how it is

I'd love to be wrong about it.

And its not an FSG 'bashing' which many seem to instantly jump to. Its just how it is
    Exactly. It's the reality when you don't have sovereign wealth funds available to throw at players willy nilly. To spend a world record fee on a defender without any outgoings would have been a massive anomaly given how the books have been balanced previously.

It isn't wrong, it just sucks I guess.

Exactly. It's the reality when you don't have sovereign wealth funds available to throw at players willy nilly. To spend a world record fee on a defender without any outgoings would have been a massive anomaly given how the books have been balanced previously.

It's not much more than we were planning on spending on him in the summer, and there was nothing to suggest it had anything to do with a sale of Coutinho then. Nor is there now. The strongest rumours were if anything, a purchase of Lemar would have been tied to a Coutinho sale. That could still be the case. I think we have some reserves from previous windows just for this reason--to be able to make a purchase like VvD.

It's not much more than we were planning on spending on him in the summer, and there was nothing to suggest it had anything to do with a sale of Coutinho then. Nor is there now. The strongest rumours were if anything, a purchase of Lemar would have been tied to a Coutinho sale. That could still be the case. I think we have some reserves from previous windows just for this reason--to be able to make a purchase like VvD.
    We were trying to buy VVD in the summer and had no intention of selling Coutinho then. Shows the purchase of VVD was not dependent on selling Couthino.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    We were trying to buy VVD in the summer and had no intention of selling Coutinho then. Shows the purchase of VVD was not dependent on selling Couthino.
    Of course it does.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator

Tbf, we have got the books in order now...and unlike other clubs, didn't spend the TV increase the season before we got it.

We've also got the CL money at the end of the season...which will be £40m+ even if we go out at the next stage.

So I'd say VVD and Keita are able to be bought without selling...and still have a good few million to spend next summer.

Obviously, any money we get from Phil will need to be re-invested, either now or in the summer.

Being in the CL is worth more than ever now...and we are in a whole new level of spending because of it.

Not City or Utd spending, of course...but we should be able to compete far better.

Of course, if we finish outside of the top 4, you'll see the purse strings being tightened again.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Tbf, we have got the books in order now...and unlike other clubs, didn't spend the TV increase the season before we got it.

We've also got the CL money at the end of the season...which will be £40m+ even if we go out at the next stage.

So I'd say VVD and Keita are able to be bought without selling...and still have a good few million to spend next summer.

Obviously, any money we get from Phil will need to be re-invested, either now or in the summer.

Being in the CL is worth more than ever now...and we are in a whole new level of spending because of it.

Not City or Utd spending, of course...but we should be able to compete far better.

Of course, if we finish outside of the top 4, you'll see the purse strings being tightened again.
    Salah, van Dijk and Keita would have cost £160m between the three of them. That would be a phenomenal leap, and a huge change of direction in spending.

If that was the case then happy days, but it's the kind of thing that you'd need to see to believe imo. It would be going all in on a hand of cards after betting a few dollars here and there.

Salah, van Dijk and Keita would have cost £160m between the three of them. That would be a phenomenal leap, and a huge change of direction in spending.

If that was the case then happy days, but it's the kind of thing that you'd need to see to believe imo. It would be going all in on a hand of cards after betting a few dollars here and there.
    I don’t think the Salah fee is relevant in the Coutinho context, as we’d signed him long before the Barca stuff kicked off. And it looks like we must’ve been in discussions with Keita for a fair while prior too.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Some of us can see it before it happens but we are accused of being negative.
    Hold on a minute here, if Coutinho is sold are we selling him because we need the money to fund transfers or because the player has intermated he wants to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Hold on a minute here, if Coutinho is sold are we selling him because we need the money to fund transfers or because the player has intermated he wants to leave?
    Are you really expecting a reasonable answer there?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'