Notices
Closed Thread
Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2466

Thread: Fenway Sports Group, LLC (FSG) - owners of Liverpool FC and Anfield

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Could be wrong but I think it had more to do with the way he handled the Suarez Evra thing.
    Embarrassing that. Although, it's showed Kenny's blind loyalty to his players. Shame, but I think he was out of date in the modern era. Love him though, and respect for him has been shown by the club.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Could be wrong but I think it had more to do with the way he handled the Suarez Evra thing.
    It could also be a part of it yes.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    nah I've heard all the naysayer crap regurgitated over and over again
    not buying it
    Kenny is a born winner
    just look at his record
    should have been given more time
    ps...there were a number of very good reasons for the poor league finish including loss of Gerrard to serious injury, Suarez to ban and after going on a strong run the loss of Agger and Leiva...add to that Reina performing for whatever reason as the worst keeper in the division and so on...2 cup finals and a trophy in such a short tenure are the proof he was only just getting started instilling a winning mentality and FSG were stupid to sack him
    Dragged him across the Atlantic to give him
    his marching orders after snubbing him following the cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Embarrassing that. Although, it's showed Kenny's blind loyalty to his players. Shame, but I think he was out of date in the modern era. Love him though, and respect for him has been shown by the club.
    It turned out to be a PR disaster in the end. Shame really, especially after winning a trophy and narrowly missing out on another. No doubt the man is a legend and most of all, a winner.

not buying it
    Kenny is a born winner
    just look at his record
    ps...there were a number of very good reasons for the poor league finish including loss of Gerrard to serious injury, Suarez to ban and after going on a strong run the loss of Agger and Leiva...add to that Reina performing for whatever reason as the worst keeper in the division and so on...2 cup finals and a trophy in such a short tenure are the proof he was only just getting started instilling a winning mentality and FSG were stupid to sack him
    Maybe. But because Kenny had not done it in the prem for so many years, there was less confidence in him for that.

Also no denying the Carroll, downing and Adam signings for the money we paid at that time were really poor. Henderson too was a big money signing.

It's like spending about 250m in today's prem and delivering an 8th place finish with established players like Gerrard, carra, reina etc already there.

Plus as seamus said, don't think the evra and suarez saga helped.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Load of rubbish.

''Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving, the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward." - king kenny

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Load of rubbish.

''Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving, the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward." - king kenny
    Wouldn't expect anything less from Kenny. A true great.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper-;13078046[B
    ]Dragged him across the Atlantic to give him
    his marching orders[/B] after snubbing him following the cup final.
    Was he tied to the back of a boat or something, or did he fly first class with Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    What a rotten post. You don't know how FSG handled the situation. All I know is Kenny has an excellent relationship with them, and they respect Dalglish by the way they have honoured him.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Was he tied to the back of a boat or something, or did he fly first class with Virgin.
    Private jet I'd imagine.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    I remember reading an interview about Kenny after he left us the second time and said he would have handled the Suarez situation differently. It wasn't his idea it was the players. Not all the players either were for support of Luis.

Suarez was not only a problem for Kenny, but was for Rodgers too. Thankfully all this is behind us now and under Klopp we seem to be looking like a stable ship at the moment.

Also if anything, FSG wouldn't have been happy with Suarez tarnishing the LFC name and brand if anything in my opinion.
    Last edited by MacFoley'1975; 12-2-18 at 18:56.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    He was water skiing

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    He was water skiing
    Probably had to swim across with one arm tied behind his back and carrying a sack of rocks.

not buying it
    Kenny is a born winner
    just look at his record
    Kenny brought in Charlie Adam. he got rid of Raul for him. He got rid of Maxi and got Hendo in for him. He signed Downing for some reason. That's frightening stuff for a Liverpool manager. We looked like we didn't have a clue what we were doing. Around that time Wigan won the cup and got relegated, we went on a serious relegation run of form as well.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    not buying it
    Kenny is a born winner
    just look at his record
    Sadly Kenny couldn't handle the pressure, the signs were there, his post match interviews were hard to watch at times, and the way he just walked on the pitch at St James' when Reina got sent off was also hard to watch. Towards the end of his reign he looked bewildered.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes"

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    I remember reading an interview about Kenny after he left us the second time and said he would have handled the Suarez situation differently. It wasn't his idea it was the players. Not all the players either were for support of Luis.

Suarez was not only a problem for Kenny, but was for Rodgers too. Thankfully all this is behind us now and under Klopp we seem to be looking like a stable ship at the moment.

Also if anything, FSG wouldn't have been happy with Suarez tarnishing the LFC name and brand if anything in my opinion.

Absolutely. Then came the World Cup bite, which was the last straw for them, it made Suarez's position untenable. He was ridiculed and pilloried in the media, and by a lot on here. I have to laugh the way people harp on about we sell all our best players. Suarez was very lucky Barcelona wanted him badly, although they got him cheaply because of his biting reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Sadly Kenny couldn't handle the pressure, the signs were there, his post match interviews were hard to watch at times, and the way he just walked on the pitch at St James' when Reina got sent off was also hard to watch. Towards the end of his reign he looked bewildered.

Not a good time for Kenny. Still he has the warmth of LFC, FSG, and the fans, all of whom appreciate his dedication and reputation, and his name is proudly displayed at Anfield for all time.

Not sure I agree Mac, they did everything in their power to keep Suarez here when he was desperate to leave. If they were that upset with him, he’d have been out the door himself.

I think in both cases, Kenny and Suarez, that Evra incident played little or no part in what FSG did imo.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Not sure I agree Mac, they did everything in their power to keep Suarez here when he was desperate to leave. If they were that upset with him, he’d have been out the door himself.

I think in both cases, Kenny and Suarez, that Evra incident played little or no part in what FSG did imo.
    After the world cup bite they would have been happy to keep him?

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    not buying it
    Kenny is a born winner
    just look at his record
    I agree that Kenny should be given more time, but even moreso, literally anybody questioning whether we should keep Klopp for the long term, really shouldn't ever be listened to.

After the world cup bite they would have been happy to keep him?
    I’d say so tbh.

Funny, in a recent interview, Suarez was saying he feared that bite was the end of his dream move to Barca, yet it’s always assumed he did it to actually go.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14

That world cup bite left FSG with no other choice than to sell

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    !00%.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    I don't think so.

I think the deal had already been agreed with Suarez, that if Barca came back for him and paid the BOC, he'd be allowed to leave. That's what the new contract was all about.

As we've just seen again with Coutinho - if Barca really want a player and the player really wants to go, there's nothing much we can do about it apart from set a price.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I don't think so.

I think the deal had already been agreed with Suarez, that if Barca came back for him and paid the BOC, he'd be allowed to leave. That's what the new contract was all about.

As we've just seen again with Coutinho - if Barca really want a player and the player really wants to go, there's nothing much we can do about it apart from set a price.
    Makes sense now if Suarez did an interview saying he thought the bite would have spoilt his dream move there.

WinterPoolStark is offline Academy prospect
    I don't think so.

This. It is what it is. We just need to get the highest fee possible and aggressively go after a smaller Club’s (or on our level) best player(s) to replace our loss

I don't think so.

That applies to all clubs and all players, not just us. It also applies to Man United, Chelsea and Spurs if Real Madrid want Kane, De Gea, Hazard and Courtois.

FSG wanted Suarez out after that World Cup bite. There is no way, on earth, they would wanted to be associated with that type of publicity. I felt uneasy myself having to put up with the mockery of our club. If Barcelona hadn't come calling, he would have gone for a much lower price.

FSG wanted Suarez out after that World Cup bite. There is no way, on earth, they would wanted to be associated with that type of publicity. I felt uneasy myself having to put up with the mockery of our club. If Barcelona hadn't come calling, he would have gone for a much lower price.
    But the bite on Ivanovic when he was wearing a Liverpool jersey was hunky dory with them?

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Load of rubbish.

Knowing Kenny you actually believe that. The only reason that was said is that Kenny had always put the interests of the club first, regardless of what really went down. FSG knew SFA about the game, the club, etc, barely knew where Liverpool was.

Topper was quite right in what he said. FSG had no class whatsoever. Personally I don't believe the narrative about the firing at all, but in this case it wouldn't be a good idea to write about it as it's unsubstantiated, and when first written would be termed hearsay. Besides it's history and better let the sleeping dogs lie.