Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenway Sports Group, LLC (FSG) - owners of Liverpool FC and Anfield

1. #1 Default Fenway Sports Group, LLC (FSG) - owners of Liverpool FC and Anfield 
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    There seems to be quite a broad consensus on here that FSG have added a lot of financial muscle to LFC. Here is a list of financial power of football clubs from around the world.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-p...of-arsenal-psg

We are no.6 in England and no.16 worldwide.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    6th in England seems about right obviously its no use having money to spend if you spend it badly Mr Klopp has done well wit his signings

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    There seems to be quite a broad consensus on here that FSG have added a lot of financial muscle to LFC. Here is a list of financial power of football clubs from around the world.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-p...of-arsenal-psg

We are no.6 in England and no.16 worldwide.
    Not sure this has much, if any, correlation to actual goings on in the transfer market (the real gauge of financial muscle if you will).

Arsenal have more fixed assets than any other club in the world, and only Utd have more money in the bank than them, and the lowest debt in England - yet they are looking to lose their 2 best players on frees, finish out of the top 4 for the 2nd year running, and hardly ever splash the cash. Sure they can afford to, but if they aren't what does that matter? Likewise Spurs are above Real Madrid, you know the club that takes all their best players. Leipzig and Zenit above Barca? LA Galaxy above Liverpool? This list is basically 'which club has the wealthiest owners and/or makes the most money for their shareholders'.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Not sure this has much, if any, correlation to actual goings on in the transfer market (the real gauge of financial muscle if you will).

Arsenal have more fixed assets than any other club in the world, and only Utd have more money in the bank than them, and the lowest debt in England - yet they are looking to lose their 2 best players on frees, finish out of the top 4 for the 2nd year running, and hardly ever splash the cash. Sure they can afford to, but if they aren't what does that matter? Likewise Spurs are above Real Madrid, you know the club that takes all their best players. Leipzig and Zenit above Barca? LA Galaxy above Liverpool? This list is basically 'which club has the wealthiest owners and/or makes the most money for their shareholders'.
    Absolutely this.

What the owners do with the money coming into the club is more important than anything else, if we look at our owners FSG they have tried to be the best owners they can.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Absolutely this.

What the owners do with the money coming into the club is more important than anything else, if we look at our owners FSG they have tried to be the best owners they can.
    Not taken a penny out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Absolutely this.

Yep.

I don't get what the ant-FSG brigade are banging on about.

FSG have been responsive to fan concerns and been pro-active in solving issues.

They have also discovered that to succeed in the PL, they have to invest money into buying world class players and have done so by backing Klopp in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Yep.

They have also discovered that to succeed in the PL, they have to invest money into buying world class players and have done so by backing Klopp in the transfer market.
    Absolutely. Cannot understand the anti FSG people at all. Compare our club now to what it was when they took over. Could easily have been another Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Yep.

Shame it took seven years for them to make any sort of progress, It looks like we are finally getting somewhere, hopefully they have learned from their mistakes, I would still rather we got rid of them though, we could do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Shame it took seven years for them to make any sort of progress, It looks like we are finally getting somewhere, hopefully they have learned from their mistakes, I would still rather we got rid of them though, we could do much better.
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Unbelievable.
    Yea how dare people have a different opinion to you eh ?

They are moving up in my estimations finally, a couple more seasons like the last and I might even start to like them a little bit.

Yea how dare people have a different opinion to you eh ?

They are moving up in my estimations finally, a couple more seasons like the last and I might even start to like them a little bit.
    Most people have a different view of them than you do.

I like FSG they seem to care about the fans, they might not be the richest but they have certainly not neglected us and combined with Klopp they are doing a fantastic job, it must be very very hard to compete with all these arabs who simply splash money around like it's ocean water.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Most people have a different view of them than you do.
    This forum is not a very good cross section of the fan base, thankfully.

I will just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by MrDilkington; 5-1-18 at 12:51.

This is as about as useful as fifa rankings.

This forum is not a very good cross section of the fan base, thankfully.

I will just agree to disagree.
    Your right. Most people in Liverpool and around the world back fsg.

Another price freeze on tickets. Despite the rising costs.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post

He wants them out and new owners in.

How can you get rid of somebody that own a huge asset ?

Do you or agb actually know most people, do you know most fans ?

No, you dont, neither of you do and that is a fact.

You are both talking out of your rear ends.

I can accept that you two are firmly on the side of our owners, as are many others, its a shame that you cannot accept that many people also think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    How can you get rid of somebody that own a huge asset ?
    More importantly, who is going to replace them in this scenario

I don't understand this idealistic thinking around dream owners and investors waiting in the winds when they just don't exist by and large

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    More importantly, who is going to replace them in this scenario

I don't understand this idealistic thinking around dream owners and investors waiting in the winds when they just don't exist by and large
    I dont think there are dream owners hanging in the wings welshy, im just not keen on the present owners, never have been, and I am not the only for for sure.

I am coming round to them slowly though as time goes by, they seem to be doing the right things and giving Klopp what he wants.

After our previous experiences its going to take a while for many of us to get used to them.

Its just a shame that some of these posters cannot accept different opinions.
    Last edited by MrDilkington; 5-1-18 at 13:44. Reason: mistake

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

I can accept that you two are firmly on the side of our owners, as are many others, its a shame that you cannot accept that many people also think otherwise.
    Genuinely curious, what do you think FSG have done wrong and who would you prefer to see as our owners?

Lol. So you do 'know most fans'? As you state this place is not a good cross section. So you know most fans and what would make a good cross section?

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Genuinely curious, what do you think FSG have done wrong and who would you prefer to see as our owners?
    Other than the sheikh or roman, who would he rather have in the prem?

None. That's who

Lol. So you do 'know most fans'? As you state this place is not a good cross section. So you know most fans and what would make a good cross section?

Hahaha
    No one knows most fans, I am just stating my personal opinion, im not paid to shill anyone.

I think there are dream owners hanging in the wings welshy, im just not keen on the present owners, never have been, and I am not the only for for sure.

I am coming round to them slowly though as time goes by, they seem to be doing the right things and giving Klopp what he wants.

After our previous experiences its going to take a while for many of us to get used to them.

Its just a shame that some of these posters cannot accept different opinions.
    I'm quite neutral on them, they've clearly corrected this clubs direction off the pitch was a staggering mess and left us years behind, 20 odd years behind with the stadium and local resident issues to boot.

The transfer strategy seems improved and of course getting Klopp is a big part of that and was a real coup

I don't see the dream owners waiting in the wings though, when G&H were running us into the ground and even before their arrival when Moores was selling up, there was hardly anything out there

One might pop along one day who knows, but I can live with this lot certainly for now and appreciate how incredibly difficult it is to compete with elite financial powers and deliver success in the modern game

No one knows most fans, I am just stating my personal opinion, im not paid to shill anyone.

I agree. So use your brain bud. I too am just stating my personal opinion, im not paid to shill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I'm quite neutral on them, they've clearly corrected this clubs direction off the pitch was a staggering mess and left us years behind, 20 odd years behind with the stadium and local resident issues to boot.

The transfer strategy seems improved and of course getting Klopp is a big part of that and was a real coup

I don't see the dream owners waiting in the wings though, when G&H were running us into the ground and even before their arrival when Moores was selling up, there was hardly anything out there

One might pop along one day who knows, but I can live with this lot certainly for now and appreciate how incredibly difficult it is to compete with elite financial powers and deliver success in the modern game
    It was meant to say I dont think there are dream owners hanging in the wings sorry, im having a mare today...

Im just not as keen on our current owners as a lot of out fans and employees seem to be is all, I did not really want to make a big thing of it but I forgot that there are a couple of posters that are quick to jump on anyone doubting FSG on here.

Its taken a while but they are finally starting to take us somewhere, I even said that I was coming around to them, all be it slowly, still its going to take more before we are all on their side, and thats fair enough I think respect has to be earned.

I will leave this thread alone now, some people just cannot accept that their opinion may be wrong or not shared by everyone, whereas I share the same opinion on opinions as Voltaire.

It was meant to say I dont think there are dream owners hanging in the wings sorry, im having a mare today...

Im just not as keen on our current owners as a lot of out fans and employees seem to be is all, I did not really want to make a big thing of it but I forgot that there are a couple of posters that are quick to jump on anyone doubting FSG on here.

Its taken a while but they are finally starting to take us somewhere, I even said that I was coming around to them, all be it slowly, still its going to take more before we are all on their side, and thats fair enough I think respect has to be earned.

I will leave this thread alone now, some people just cannot accept that their opinion may be wrong or not shared by everyone, whereas I share the same opinion on opinions as Voltaire.

Seems like you have a mare everyday! Nice backtracking though. I remember all the vile you posted against fsg in the other thread and how we will get nowhere with them. Nice turnaround!

Glad you see the light.

The great divide

Those that think FSG have done great and those that think they have done nothing except line their own pockets

The price freeze is a good gesture, seeing as we keep coming up short

But this piece just confirms what I have been saying the numbers don't add up and the suits need to do more on the pitch, to match what they have done off the pitch
    5th in wages in our league
    5th in income in our league, 9th in europe, I believe
    Uefa ranking is 34th at the moment
    this piece has us 6th and 16th worldwide

But I suppose the appreciation lovers will be patting themselves on their backs....

Glad to see there are some still questioning and not just accepting