Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1701

Thread: Fenway Sports Group, LLC (FSG) - owners of Liverpool FC and Anfield

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Trophies in the cabinet
    Who would you rather have, moores or fsg if one could take over in 1991?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    I posted a response to you before I saw grott is banning.

He's reasonably fair

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Hypothetical questions if answered can be took out of context any owner that brings success is welcome i'm not anti American

AnfieldSouth41 is online now Academy prospect
    If FSG had taken over when Hicks and Gilette took over i think we would have a lot more than 1 Carling Cup in the last 12 years.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    I would have all of them in our team i understand when you name a player you like is not a celebrity player some will mock but i rate all those three and think they are within our budge it's pointless naming three superstar player because that will never happen
    Sorry but I disagree here. To be fair, we have 2 of the 3 best African players in the world right now. Mane and Salah. I would say they are pretty high calibre players right now. Salah came here being in the CL team of the season did he? So he was a pretty big name before we signed him.

You could say the same for Virgil.

Also not celebrity or superstar players or high calibre, didn't you also want Ox in the summer? Paid 40 million for him too so he did cost.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree here. To be fair, we have 2 of the 3 best African players in the world right now. Mane and Salah. I would say they are pretty high calibre players right now. Salah came here being in the CL team of the season did he? So he was a pretty big name before we signed him.

Also not celebrity or superstar players or high calibre, didn't you also want Ox in the summer? Paid 40 million for him too so he did cost.
    soon to have naby and we have the three best africqn footballers around

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    I just forgot, yeah him too.

I know he will never win it, but he is in a list of future ballon dor winners. (Excuse the spelling)

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    I just forgot, yeah him too.

I know he will never win it, but he is in a list of future ballon dor winners. (Excuse the spelling)
    i think he might be a future african footballer of the year at least

we re signing the best africans. maybe because africans have a log standing connection with england more thanspain and maybe the premier league is the most supported in africa so africans see english teams as destination teams and ess prone to barca and madrid poaching

i meant Messi ect
    T chose three players we co uld afford and probably would if we moved for them

Hypothetical questions if answered can be took out of context any owner that brings success is welcome i'm not anti American
    Based on evidence, fsg have shown they have been able to improve the club and work much better and quicker than moores.

Under moores ownership we went from 1st to 4th. That as a drop is unreal. And that was during an era when there was much less competition.

I am pretty certain inside you know you would much rather have fsg than moores if it was 1991. We would have certainly expanded or moved much quicker when the stadiums were much cheaper to build.

We would have moved quicker with management and probably got Kenny back asap!

Can't think of many at all that would rather moores to fsg. And to say 'moores delivered trophies' as a response is just laughable really in terms of what is being asked.

I've never seen him play

i meant Messi ect
    Why you talking about Messi and co? What teams sign those kind of players?

i meant Messi ect
    Messi etc.

It’s no wonder you don’t like FSG, Ray.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Could be in time all African players have a dream to play for Liverpool, love to read in some Spanish paper in a year or 2 some young African star saying how sad he is to leave Barcelona but Liverpool is his dream.

Yes but im interested to know what Klopps plans are when All 3 of them go to ACON ?

3 of the starting 11 away for a month. Imagine if we are in a title race and lose those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Messi etc.

It’s no wonder you don’t like FSG, Ray.
    *********** bonkers Red!

We are now in a generation where we will be linked with the up and coming superstars, the future. No teams in the world sign the "Messi's"

That is why we are linked with Lemar and Goretzka. That is why we have got Mane and Salah and Virgil and by the looks of it Firmino. And to come Keita.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Yes but im interested to know what Klopps plans are when All 3 of them go to ACON ?

3 of the starting 11 away for a month. Imagine if we are in a title race and lose those 3.
    The tournament dates are changed now. Will be held in the summer so no issues.

AFCON is now being played in the summer. I think?

Ah phew, i just looked and 2019 ACON will be in June

They changed it ?

Ah phew, i just looked and 2019 ACON will be in June

They changed it ?
    Yep!

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect

The AFCON has been changed now to the summer, so they wont be missing mid season no longer.

*********** bonkers Red!

We are now in a generation where we will be linked with the up and coming superstars, the future. No teams in the world sign the "Messi's"

That is why we are linked with Lemar and Goretzka. That is why we have got Mane and Salah and Virgil and by the looks of it Firmino. And to come Keita.
    I wonder sometimes if he’s just on the wind up, he does have a bit of a devilish sense of humour.

Barca didn’t even sign Messi, they signed a kid from Argentina. Yesterday he wasn’t happy that FSG hadn’t signed Suarez, Coutinho, and Salah, when they were world class, but prior to when they kicked on. Same with Barca and Messi, and most of their best players actually. I’d have thought that was a feather in the FSG cap tbh.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

+Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    We were stuck in the past under Moores, he didn't move us forward at all in the 90s, Man Utd were expanding their stadium and progressing off the pitch with the commercial deals, it should have been the other way around, we were the ones who were dominating English football for 20 years and Europe 77-84.
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 13-1-18 at 15:30.
    "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    We were stuck in the past under Moores, he didn't move us forward at all in the 90s, Man Utd were expanding their stadium and progressing off the pitch with the commercial deals, it should have been the other way around, we were the ones who were dominating English football for 20 years and Europe 77-84.
    Pretty much.

We could so easily have been the real Madrid of today. Maybe even bigger. How we fell so many levels through sheer stupidity is unreal.

But that's football. But to say 'moores delivered trophies' when in fact he is largely the reason why we are not anywhere near what we were is down to him and the board of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    I think our owners are excellent, described above as solid and I would agree but then I would never underestimate the importance of being solid, certainly not after the last lot anyway.
    LFC is an extremely well run business, do I have any fear that next season or the season after we wont be near the top challenging, none whatsoever, do I have any fear that we could be in serious trouble, not at all and unless you are just interested in yourself or have some petty gripe you cant put a price on that, we have owners who understand and know how to run a multi million pound sports business, these sort of guys dont grow on trees and I think we are very fortunate to have them, is there better out there, probably but there is also a hell of a lot worse.
    You could say that they are the right people at the wrong time. FFP was clearly a huge factor in their rationale for buying, that and their belief at bridging the gap by doing things better than everyone else.

That hasnít materialized, and City have combined unlimited resources with good appointments, which makes it very tough to win.

It may be that FSG are finally closer to putting in place the structures that will see us position ourselves as perennial contenders. Itís been a 7 year learning curve with more than a few missteps along the way, whoever was advising them early on didnít exactly cover themselves in glory.

Solid/ good/ very good. C+/B grade. Excellent? Not for me, not yet at any rate.

Pretty much.

We could so easily have been the real Madrid of today. Maybe even bigger. How we fell so many levels through sheer stupidity is unreal.

But that's football. But to say 'moores delivered trophies' when in fact he is largely the reason why we are not anywhere near what we were is down to him and the board of the time.
    The day after we won the 'European Cup' in 2005 the club shop was closed, I think says a lot about Moores.

The day after we won the 'European Cup' in 2005 the club shop was closed, I think says a lot about Moores.
    Awful. The least he could have done was given a bit of funds for David silva and David villa.

Took the money and ran with the club sinking.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Based on evidence, fsg have shown they have been able to improve the club and work much better and quicker than moores.

Under moores ownership we went from 1st to 4th. That as a drop is unreal. And that was during an era when there was much less competition.

I am pretty certain inside you know you would much rather have fsg than moores if it was 1991. We would have certainly expanded or moved much quicker when the stadiums were much cheaper to build.

We would have moved quicker with management and probably got Kenny back asap!

Can't think of many at all that would rather moores to fsg. And to say 'moores delivered trophies' as a response is just laughable really in terms of what is being asked.
    There isn't any evidence to support what you are saying.

It was a completely different era and there was not the revenue to allow clubs to make big changes without taking big risks.

But again...this thread is about what our owners have done...and are doing.

Trying to make comparisons to the past is pretty pointless and proves nothing really.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Awful. The least he could have done was given a bit of funds for David silva and David villa.

Took the money and ran with the club sinking.
    Could he have easily bought those players if he wanted, the likes of Simao as well?

Could he have easily bought those players if he wanted, the likes of Simao as well?
    Simao was on the plane until Benfica bottled it.