Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    They got in at the backpost a million times but otherwise he was fine.
    that was more down to lack of protection from gini/sadio , he had two at the backpost at one point
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    that was more down to lack of protection from gini/sadio , he had two at the backpost at one point
    Yeah maybe. Seemed to be ward prowse

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Both our full backs are still learning their trade, they will make mistakes every game no doubt but they are both showing signs of being very good players in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
    Right now anyone arguing over robertson and comparing him to Moreno (and similarly for Karius and Mignolet) is on an ego trip.

I liked Robertson from 1st game and am very please with him. And i did not like Karius so far but now think he has far better chance of being a top goalkeeper for us than Mignolet.
    I donĎt understand the ego trip comment. Do you mean that Robbertson and Karius are 1000 times better than Mignolet and Moreno so any discussion is not necessary?

He's been really impressive recently. Keep it up Andy. I feel a lot safer with him there than Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    He's been really impressive recently. Keep it up Andy. I feel a lot safer with him there than Moreno
    i read that moreno might come back in tonight whihc would worry the hell out of me.
    Eagle Face Moron

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Another top notch performance today.

He looks absolutely solid from a defensive standpoint and his deliveries into the box are very good indeed. His work rate and stamina is something else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post

He looks absolutely solid from a defensive standpoint and his deliveries into the box are very good indeed. His work rate and stamina is something else too.
    He's been great. Seen a lot of people saying how Moreno is better offensively, but I don't see that. Robbo puts a really good ball into the box. Put some crackers in there this evening.

He was excellent, still wish he got his head up before crossing because he has a good delivery but right now he just blindly puts the ball in the box versus where our players are. Technically not great, but he works hard and has been very good defensively. Keep it up!

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCDon View Post
    He was excellent, still wish he got his head up before crossing because he has a good delivery but right now he just blindly puts the ball in the box versus where our players are. Technically not great, but he works hard and has been very good defensively. Keep it up!
    But even his blind crosses in the ball are on point most of the time.

He sits them just in front of the keeper where they cannot collect - we just need them to be finished off now and the attackers need to read that play a bit more.

Klopp just said hes glad Robbo got his crosses back. He thought they had been lost in Scotland or something 😂😂

But even his blind crosses in the ball are on point most of the time.

He sits them just in front of the keeper where they cannot collect - we just need them to be finished off now and the attackers need to read that play a bit more.
    None of our players attack the box like that, so he needs to adjust in my opinion. If he gets his head up, he can make that slight adjustment. He is raw, so I have no doubt he can do it. His technique on his delivery is usually excellent.

None of our players attack the box like that, so he needs to adjust in my opinion. If he gets his head up, he can make that slight adjustment. He is raw, so I have no doubt he can do it. His technique on his delivery is usually excellent.
    Its for both to adjust too. If you look at that ball against Southampton that was great in a sense that it was dangerous but poor that no Liverpool player was near. But its also upto other players to react as well. Both are problems which are good problems

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Its for both to adjust too. If you look at that ball against Southampton that was great in a sense that it was dangerous but poor that no Liverpool player was near. But its also upto other players to react as well. Both are problems which are good problems
    I agree with this. It takes two to tango.

We havenít had players capable of putting in a good cross for a number of years now, so the team as a whole need to adjust to a potential new dimension to our play. Itís getting there, Firmino almost got to the end of one ball tonight. Just got to keep going and it will click.

Robertson was sensational tonight. Hardly put a foot wrong.

I just prefer him to get his head up when he has the chance to, think we will see his crosses connect a little more often and he will be better for it.

I just prefer him to get his head up when he has the chance to, think we will see his crosses connect a little more often and he will be better for it.
    We saw that with the ball he gave to Mane or the one where Firmino had that headed chance.

Lets not forget here thats he's a full back not a Douglas Costa.

What i like is that the left side has been a weakness and he has took on wingers and even against Trippier he kept him at bay

Yes against Southampton he got caught under 2 crosses but the Ward Prowse one he actually came in side to pick up an unmarked player then couldn't get back to stop the deeper cross.

This guy could turn out to be some bargain. He has improved so much in a matter of months.

I said he'd surprise everyone when he came here . Saw him up here at Dundee Utd then perform at Hull week after week . Proving an excellent purchase. One of the leagues best left backs without question with years ahead of him to improve and be a fixture in our team for years . Him being Scottish is of no interest to me

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    I said he'd surprise everyone when he came here . Saw him up here at Dundee Utd then perform at Hull week after week . Proving an excellent purchase. One of the leagues best left backs without question with years ahead of him to improve and be a fixture in our team for years . Him being Scottish is of no interest to me
    When you look that the full back position isnt just about defending its also what you offer in attack. Thats why Valencia, Moses, Delph etc have adapted. This kid was playing in front of 400 fans 4 years ago. Imagine how his life has changed.

When you look that the full back position isnt just about defending its also what you offer in attack. Thats why Valencia, Moses, Delph etc have adapted. This kid was playing in front of 400 fans 4 years ago. Imagine how his life has changed.
    Well more than 400 but he’s stepped up incredibly over the last few seasons . Quickly becoming a firm favourite of mine and most of us .

Another belter. It's nice to hear the crowd really appreciate him too. I'd love him to score a goal at Anfield: I imagine you'd hear the roar for miles.

We've unearthed a diamond with this lad.

Well more than 400 but he’s stepped up incredibly over the last few seasons . Quickly becoming a firm favourite of mine and most of us .
    No they said tonight he was playin in front of 400 fans in a lower level 4 years ago mate.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    This guy could turn out to be some bargain. He has improved so much in a matter of months.
    Absolutely.

Many were 'underwhelmed' at his signing because he was an unfashionable player coming from unfashionable Hull.

He keeps going & progressing like he is and we have the LB position sorted for years.

Like the time we bought an unfashionable RB from unfashionable Northampton...then Phil Neal went on to play something like 27,000 consecutive games!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    Absolutely.

Many were 'underwhelmed' at his signing because he was an unfashionable player coming from unfashionable Hull.

He keeps going & progressing like he is and we have the LB position sorted for years.

Like the time we bought an unfashionable RB from unfashionable Northampton...then Phil Neal went on to play something like 27,000 consecutive games!!
    And if he gets a goal you can see him being a Steve Nicol.

No they said tonight he was playin in front of 400 fans in a lower level 4 years ago mate.
    Ok. When Dundee Utd played away I’m sure the attendance figures were 3 figures in a few games . Not an issues I’ll nit pick on.

Ok. When Dundee Utd played away I’m sure the attendance figures were 3 figures in a few games . Not an issues I’ll nit pick on.
    No they said he was at Queens Park mate.

No they said he was at Queens Park mate.
    Yes , he started his career there . Fair point

Yes , he started his career there . Fair point
    Either way pal. If its 4 years or 6 years

To come from that level.and now be playing at Liverpool in the champs league and your manager brings your name up after the game is amazing

And lets not forget Liverpool are only successful when we have a Scot in the side

I disagree. If I was an attacking player in this side I'd be taking note of the dangerous areas he is getting the ball into and making sure I attack that space when he's in that position in order to give myself the chance of scoring. Any decent attacking player should be looking for more opportunities to score.