naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i will when he plays....
    That'll be against City
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    That'll be against City
    like i said we shall see which of the two keepers are here and no 1 this tme next season

Wouldn't mind seeing their goalless streak at Anfield continue, they're due a right good thumping.

The Mane red card was a season changer. When it came we were well in the match having had more & better chances but failing to convert. If it didn't happen and we started converting how different things might have gone for both clubs.

(note that it was a correct call, just unfortunate that it happened)

really worried by how the club is behaving.

i understand that the club wanted to keep phil but you dont let a player vital to how the team plays go without first having a replacement guaranteed to come in - who the hell does that??.

the most important period in the season and we`ve decided to authorise the removal of the brain of our team with nothing but average players to fill that position.

Now were frantically scurrying around desperately with no replacement in sight as the clubs we go to dont want to sell their players.

i love the club but sometimes they do these things that make no sense and you just get so frustrated.

now weve got city next . as if it wasnt hard enough to take 3 points of city already weve made it even HARDER. - City are probably laughing at us right now.. are we arsenal now?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I have a feeling Klopp might want someone like Milner in there over Ox/Lallana for this game.
    Mancity have become a top counter-pressing team and would not give opposition players a lot of time on the ball. Klopp needs to factor skill in tight places and continuous movement and availability to receive the ball and help out a teammate in his team selections.

Lallana and Winj seem to be able to do well in tight spaces but Winj takes forever to release the ball to an available teammate and that could scupper attacking opportunities. I think Klopp can start with Winj-Can-Lallana and see how it goes with Milner and the Ox coming on for Winj and Lallana if things don't work. The most important thing is for the team to believe in itself and create doubt in the City ranks by putting together a positive forward focused play.

I have a feeling Klopp might want someone like Milner in there over Ox/Lallana for this game.
    Our central midfield attacking defence unlocker and creator...milner....

Jesus christ my life is over..

City are probably rolling over on the floor with laughter at us.. they got de bruyne and we have milner.

I think youre 100% right though...and im scared...

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    Mancity have become a top counter-pressing team and would not give opposition players a lot of time on the ball. Klopp needs to factor skill in tight places and continuous movement and availability to receive the ball and help out a teammate in his team selections.

Lallana and Winj seem to be able to do well in tight spaces but Winj takes forever to release the ball to an available teammate and that could scupper attacking opportunities. I think Klopp can start with Winj-Can-Lallana and see how it goes with Milner and the Ox coming on for Winj and Lallana if things don't work. The most important thing is for the team to believe in itself and create doubt in the City ranks by putting together a positive forward focused play.
    Lallana is just coming back from a long layoff and isn't 100% match sharp I don't think, and both him and Ox are primarily very attack minded players. Milner, whilst not our most gifted player is experienced and very smart positionally and might provide more stability and defensive nous in there. It's not necessarily what I'd choose I just have an inkling Klopp might go for him, I wouldn't be surprised put it that way.

Lallana is just coming back from a long layoff and isn't 100% match sharp I don't think, and both him and Ox are primarily very attack minded players. Milner, whilst not our most gifted player is experienced and very smart positionally and might provide more stability and defensive nous in there. It's not necessarily what I'd choose I just have an inkling Klopp might go for him, I wouldn't be surprised put it that way.
    There is no way Milner should be starting this game for me we have to get the three right which means with the players currently at our disposal, Can and Wijnaldum have to start, with either the Ox or Lallana.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    really worried by how the club is behaving.

i understand that the club wanted to keep phil but you dont let a player vital to how the team plays go without first having a replacement guaranteed to come in - who the hell does that??.

the most important period in the season and we`ve decided to authorise the removal of the brain of our team with nothing but average players to fill that position.

Now were frantically scurrying around desperately with no replacement in sight as the clubs we go to dont want to sell their players.

i love the club but sometimes they do these things that make no sense and you just get so frustrated.

now weve got city next . as if it wasnt hard enough to take 3 points of city already weve made it even HARDER. - City are probably laughing at us right now.. are we arsenal now?
    Let Klopp worry about replacements. It's Klopp, he's usually spot on with transfers.

Like I said before, we are better without Phil. Much more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Let Klopp worry about replacements. It's Klopp, he's usually spot on with transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post

What I saw in this first half of the season about Manchester City is that they are still predominately possession team, typical Guardiola. Their great defensive record is mostly built on opponents not getting real chance of having the ball and have a go at them. Perhaps they've become better at counter-pressing, but I didn't see that element of the game to be honest because their opponents tactics were often based on hoofing the ball far away and try to counterattack. That has nothing to do with counter-pressing.

On the other side, we are THE top counter-pressing team in the league and play best football against opponents who play open and possession based football. Maybe I am biased, but comparing with the football philosophies of other PL top teams, I actually think we are the perfect nemesis to Pep's City. They have wonderful players but everyone gives them too much respect and time to play with the ball, yet I saw how Liverpool's counter-pressing silenced KDB & other City's attacking players before.
    If it weren't for that silly Mane red card earlier this season, I would have really fancied our chances against them.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    if he was better than migs he'd be between the sticks now

he's not and that's why he only plays the odd game
    Or the manager has a rigid approach in his policies and went with mingers over Karius and has little intention of changing it........

Oh and ffs please don't refer to the goal/posts as "sticks", it's sad enough that some of the pundits you see and hear on TV and radio feel that makes them trendy in their middle age come latter years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing their goalless streak at Anfield continue, they're due a right good thumping.

The Mane red card was a season changer. When it came we were well in the match having had more & better chances but failing to convert. If it didn't happen and we started converting how different things might have gone for both clubs.

(note that it was a correct call, just unfortunate that it happened)
    Not sure it was a season changer, maybe you meant match changer. They came at us, we had a player sent off and that sank any hopes we had of competing in the rest of the match (and I agree, red card, silly challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    What I saw in this first half of the season about Manchester City is that they are still predominately possession team, typical Guardiola. Their great defensive record is mostly built on opponents not getting real chance of having the ball and have a go at them. Perhaps they've become better at counter-pressing, but I didn't see that element of the game to be honest because their opponents tactics were often based on hoofing the ball far away and try to counterattack. That has nothing to do with counter-pressing.

On the other side, we are THE top counter-pressing team in the league and play best football against opponents who play open and possession based football. Maybe I am biased, but comparing with the football philosophies of other PL top teams, I actually think we are the perfect nemesis to Pep's City. They have wonderful players but everyone gives them too much respect and time to play with the ball, yet I saw how Liverpool's counter-pressing silenced KDB & other City's attacking players before.
    If it weren't for that silly Mane red card earlier this season, I would have really fancied our chances against them.
    Yes, they are a typical Guardiolla possession team. However, as their confidence has grown, they have made sure their possession play is done in their opponents half. They have become the kind of team that gets irritated when the opposition has the ball and they are closing down teams rather quickly. Our team, needs to avoid unnecessary pressure and move the ball quickly into their half. If we do some of those meaningless horizontal passes, we would be under pressure quite quickly and that could lead to individual errors. The team needs to move the ball diagonally and find angles that work for us.

We know they like to attack through the wings using their pacey wingers (particularly Sane who can also shoot) so that channel should be manned well. They also make good use of through balls in the middle and our players need good levels of concentration. If we are tight at the back and the midfield is forward thinking, we should be able to overcome them, especially, if Salah is back in the team.

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Or the manager has a rigid approach in his policies and went with mingers over Karius and has little intention of changing it........

Oh and ffs please don't refer to the goal/posts as "sticks", it's sad enough that some of the pundits you see and hear on TV and radio feel that makes them trendy in their middle age come latter years.
    you obviously didn't grow up in Liverpool

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post

yeah phil was rubbish, completely unbalanced our midfield, total ****. lets see barca s midfield go all unbalanced with him in their 11

we ll be wayyyyy better off without him

canookiewookie is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    I agree. We will punish them on the counter.
    Iím not so sure anymore.

yeah phil was rubbish, completely unbalanced our midfield, total ****. lets see barca s midfield go all unbalanced with him in their 11

'We'll be better without Suarez, we won't be so reliant on one player for all the goals.'

'We don't need Sterling, Ibe is better.'

'Who needs Phil? We'll have a more balanced side without him.'

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    I’m not so sure anymore.
    Me neither.

If we don't make any massive defensive **** ups, then we have a chance.

Need Anfield to be rocking ... and need Salah, Bobby and Mane ALL on top form ... then it's possible.

Our win rate was 71% without him this season.

'We'll be better without Suarez, we won't be so reliant on one player for all the goals.'

'We don't need Sterling, Ibe is better.'

'Who needs Phil? We'll have a more balanced side without him.'
    We were supposed to be reliant on Sturridge who unfortunately had a long injury lay off. We also had Rogers who bought Ballotelli and Lambert to replace Suarez. He also wasted funds on absolutely ridiculous players like Markovic (not to mention deadwood like Aspas and Luis Alberto) the previous year. Do you think Klopp would replace Coutinho with the caliber of such players?
    Also, when Suarez left, Coutinho was still at Liverpool. What did he do to replace some of the goals of Suarez? Not much.
    It was only under Klopp that coutinho shone. The team was built around him with him being in the center of everything we did.
    When Suarez left, we had a manager who did not have any idea how to deal with the loss of him and Sturridge. We had players like Markovic, ibe and sterling on the flanks. An aging Steven Gerrard, an under performing coutinho and two donkeys upfront (lambert and balotelli). And our defence was in as shambles at it is now (at least before VVD).

Look around the quality in team all over the pitch. Look at the signings in the past couple of season, the sort of players we are linked who are rejecting other giant clubs in Premier League to join ours. Do you really think we are in the 2014 situation?

I do not understand some of you fans. When you sing you'll never walk alone, do you forget that it is time like these where we aren't supposed to let our team walk alone instead of contributing to bring the morale down of the whole club? Do you not trust in Klopp and had a blind faith in someone who was anonymous for us (bar last 18 months) and only shone under Klopp's guidance?
    How conveniently you forget the goals of Salah, the killer instinct of Mane, the trickery of Lallana, the pressing of Firmino, the engine of Winjaldum, the beast in Can, the aerial prowess of VVD, the potential of Trent, the leadership of Milner and the aura of Klopp which has all contributed us to be in the position we are now. We have not achieved all of this through a single player.
    Last edited by Versatile; 8-1-18 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
    We were supposed to be reliant on Sturridge who unfortunately had a long injury lay off. We also had Rogers who bought Ballotelli and Lambert to replace Suarez. He also wasted funds on absolutely ridiculous players like Markovic (not to mention deadwood like Aspas and Luis Alberto) the previous year. Do you think Klopp would replace Coutinho with the caliber of such players?
    Also, when Suarez left, Coutinho was still at Liverpool. What did he do to replace some of the goals of Suarez? Not much.
    It was only under Klopp that coutinho shone. The team was built around him with him being in the center of everything we did.
    When Suarez left, we had a manager who did not have any idea how to deal with the loss of him and Sturridge. We had players like Markovic, ibe and sterling on the flanks. An aging Steven Gerrard, an under performing coutinho and two donkeys upfront (lambert and balotelli). And our defence was in as shambles at it is now (at least before VVD).

Look around the quality in team all over the pitch. Look at the signings in the past couple of season, the sort of players we are linked who are rejecting other giant clubs in Premier League to join ours. Do you really think we are in the 2014 situation?

I do not understand some of you fans. When you sing you'll never walk alone, do you forget that it is time like these where we aren't supposed to let our team walk alone instead of contributing to bring the morale down of the whole club? Do you not trust in Klopp and had a blind faith in someone who was anonymous for us (bar last 18 months) and only shone under Klopp's guidance?
    How conveniently you forget the goals of Salah, the killer instinct of Mane, the trickery of Lallana, the pressing of Firmino, the engine of Winjaldum, the beast in Can, the aerial prowess of VVD, the potential of Trent, the leadership of Milner and the aura of Klopp which has all contributed us to be in the position we are now. We have not achieved all of this through a single player.
    Not sure what this lengthy rant was supposed to achieve, so we are better off without him or...?

I have still not seen any official news about the Holgate-Firmino incident. Wasn't the decision scheduled for today?

Not sure what this lengthy rant was supposed to achieve, so we are better off without him or...?
    The rant was in relation with the previous departures you mentioned trying to paint a doom and gloom picture of how we are deteriorating as a club.
    Answering your question, we are not better without him. But we are good enough without him. And with the money at the helm, we would be better without him when klopp gets replacements.

The rant was in relation with the previous departures you mentioned trying to paint a doom and gloom picture of how we are deteriorating as a club.
    Answering your question, we are not better without him. But we are good enough without him. And with the money at the helm, we would be better without him when klopp gets replacements.
    Then you completely missed the point.

What Klopp needs to do is defend with an attacking 5. He must have Lallana and the Ox squeezed up against their defence and not let them out when they attempt to play out from the back. We then have the pace to slice them open.

That's why if I were picking the team it would be

Mignolet

Gomez
    Matip
    Virgil
    Robertson

Can
    Ox
    Lallana

Mane
    Firminho
    Salah.

Then you completely missed the point.
    I don't see what your point was other than 'We keep losing big players hoping we'd come back stronger and Phil's departure is another such case'.
    Please enlighten me if I have missed something.

I don't see what your point was other than 'We keep losing big players hoping we'd come back stronger and Phil's departure is another such case'.
    Please enlighten me if I have missed something.
    My point was people make silly comments after the loss of big players trying to justify it by any means, even when they don't even believe it themselves. Saying rubbish like 'we're a better team without him' from the same people calling him world class a few days ago is hilariously ironic.

Do I think we'll handle his departure better than some big players we've lost in the past? Definitely.
    Do I think eventually we can become a better side overall? Definitely.
    Do I think we're now a better team without Coutinho? Don't be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    What Klopp needs to do is defend with an attacking 5. He must have Lallana and the Ox squeezed up against their defence and not let them out when they attempt to play out from the back. We then have the pace to slice them open.

That's why if I were picking the team it would be

Mignolet

Gomez
    Matip
    Virgil
    Robertson

Can
    Ox
    Lallana

Mane
    Firminho
    Salah.
    I’d say Gini is a cert to start tbh, probably instead of Lallana in that lineup. He looked dead on his feet against Everton and we can’t have that against City, and he’d be nice off the bench later if a goal is needed.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'