Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City (h) Sun 14th 16:00 - Sky Sports

1. #1 Default Man City (h) Sun 14th 16:00 - Sky Sports 
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Next up, we face unbeaten and the brilliant league leader, Man City at home on Sunday 14th.

We ourselves are on some terrific form. 16 games unbeaten run, winning the derby cup match against Everton with our new boy, Virgil scoring the winner.

Games between Liverpool and Man City are normally fantastic to watch, lots of skill on offer and the will to win.

Coutinho and Salah should be available to pick for this match, along with Henderson and Moreno.

Lets do this! YNWA
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Next up, we face unbeaten and the brilliant league leader, Man City at home on Sunday 14th.

We ourselves are on some terrific form. 16 games unbeaten run, winning the derby cup match against Everton with our new boy, Virgil scoring the winner.

Games between Liverpool and Man City are normally fantastic to watch, lots of skill on offer and the will to win.

Coutinho and Salah should be available to pick for this match, along with Henderson and Moreno.

Lets do this! YNWA
    17 games unbeaten, 16 unbeaten against the bitters.........

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    migs
    gomez matip virgil robo
    -takeyourpick-
    salah firmino mane

Whilst I'd be tempted to keep the same XI, bring in Coutinho and Salah if fit enough and consider Wijnaldum in for Milner. Be amazed if both key players are fit, but you never know.

A win could be important for the league, citeh being unbeaten doesn't send sides in with confidence to play them and from our point of view 3 points would extend our run and be key in a push for top 4, maybe even 2nd or 3rd.

How have citeh fared against some of the better sides? Well their draws came at home to Everton very early season, and away to Crystal Palace very recently.

MNC 5-0 LIV
    CHE 0-1 MNC
    MNC 3-1 ARS
    MNU 1-2 MNC
    MNC 4-1 TOT

Good news from all that is that they've only narrowly won away to top six rivals, somewhat more convincing wins at home, but bad news is they were ALL wins. Sign of Champions isn't to win ugly, win when not playing well and all the usual claims, it is to win, win and win again, some handsomely, some by big margins, some late, some with an early goal and maintaining the lead, some easy, some hard, but ultimately winning becomes a habit and no matter which route citeh got to those wins they got to them.

There's sod all difference between their home and away results, W10 D1, they have leaked less goals away than at home (5-8) but also scored less (25-39) They have beaten a few other sides by narrow 1 goal margins, 2-1 at Bournemouth, 3-2 at West Brom, 1-0 at Newcastle, lost 2-1 at Donetsk in Europe, and 2-0s at Brighton and Leicester which leave scope to suggest they might be vulnerable against a side that has scored a fair few goals themselves and are at home.

Man City away record : P11 W10 D1 L0 F25 A5 PTS 31
    Liverpool home record : P11 W6 D5 L0 F21 A4 PTS 23

That doesn't bode well in itself, but two of the home draws were against Chelsea and Man Utd above us, one against the bitters in the derby, and another against Bumley who've done pretty well this season (7th, lost only twice away from home)

Reckon we may need Coutinho and/or Salah back to maximise chances, and to maximise conversion of chances as we too often create scores, don't scores so many, and concede. They will have chances no doubt and I expect us not to keep a clean sheet, £75m defender or no.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    migs
    gomez matip virgil robo
    -takeyourpick-
    salah firmino mane
    Strongest midfield we have had in a long time.
    everything in moderation, including moderation.

Phil will be back for the game, I don't doubt it.

Coutinho won't be playing, I can guarantee that. I really hope he doesn't play the Ox after his woeful performance last night.

Salah mane firmino Lallana should all start. Just attack them. Can and Wijnaldum in midfield. VVD at the back. This team will beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by RodgersTBE View Post
    Coutinho won't be playing, I can guarantee that. I really hope he doesn't play the Ox after his woeful performance last night.

Salah mane firmino Lallana should all start. Just attack them. Can and Wijnaldum in midfield. VVD at the back. This team will beat them.
    Lallana was poor. Didn't make intelligent runs.

Ox assisted. he wasn't brilliant, but most of the team were not that great either.

Klavan and Lovren get no respect?

Jesus Navas not avail for 2 months.

This will be game of the season 4-3 to Liverpool.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by OleTC View Post
    He left City in the summer...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Phil will be back for the game, I don't doubt it.
    Yep! and hopefully Salah will be fully fit to.

Let's see what happens 11v11.

We’re handing City their first loss of the season, I can just feel it.

It’s going to be a cracker- the two best teams in the league going toe to toe to see who can score more goals - and that rhymes, Marge, so it must be true.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Let's see what happens 11v11.
    I'd rather they go down to 10 with a dubious red and see how that pans out for them.

I think if Phil comes back and I have said this all along all season that when they come to visit us, we have the quality to beat them in a high scoring game, but it all depends on if we have a full strength team. We need all of the fab four for this game and VVD at the back and we should inflict City's first defeat of the season.

Mingolet
    Gomez lovren vvd robertson
    Lallana can chamberlain
    Salah firmino mane

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    I think if Phil comes back and I have said this all along all season that when they come to visit us, we have the quality to beat them in a high scoring game, but it all depends on if we have a full strength team. We need all of the fab four for this game and VVD at the back and we should inflict City's first defeat of the season.
    Phil will be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I'd rather they go down to 10 with a dubious red and see how that pans out for them.
    I say, that's awfully unsporting of you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    the two best teams in the league going toe to toe to see who can score more goals
    Two heaviest scorers for sure, I'd like to agree we're one of the two best but we need to convert more chances to goals and shake off that tendency to let a game slip into a draw. We've dodged that bullet a few times in recent weeks, yesterday and at Bumley with late winners, turning it around against Leicester, but then look a little further back and there's a nil nil against the buggies, letting slip a 2-0 lead against the goners, fairly late equaliser by the bitters in the league, late equaliser by Will I An home game before that, we've dropped careless points more times in December than citeh have all season (3-2)

We can but hope for more clinicality as a New Year's revolution, but there's a reason we've failed to win more than 3 games in a row in the league this season and it isn't the much maligned defence.

On that note, let's beat them a week tomorrow and that will be 4 wins in a row in the league for the FIRST time this season. Dwarfed of course by their little run of 18 league wins in a row, winning as many or more games in each of September (4), October (3), November (4) and December (6) as we've won in a row all season, but Goliath's slightly smaller and less coordinated brother will hopefully step up to the crease and knock him for six.....

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I say, that's awfully unsporting of you.
    Fair's fair right?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Fair's fair right?
    A sort of Karmic merry-go-round?

Oh well, in that case…

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Two heaviest scorers for sure, I'd like to agree we're one of the two best but we need to convert more chances to goals and shake off that tendency to let a game slip into a draw. We've dodged that bullet a few times in recent weeks, yesterday and at Bumley with late winners, turning it around against Leicester, but then look a little further back and there's a nil nil against the buggies, letting slip a 2-0 lead against the goners, fairly late equaliser by the bitters in the league, late equaliser by Will I An home game before that, we've dropped careless points more times in December than citeh have all season (3-2)

We can but hope for more clinicality as a New Year's revolution, but there's a reason we've failed to win more than 3 games in a row in the league this season and it isn't the much maligned defence.

On that note, let's beat them a week tomorrow and that will be 4 wins in a row in the league for the FIRST time this season. Dwarfed of course by their little run of 18 league wins in a row, winning as many or more games in each of September (4), October (3), November (4) and December (6) as we've won in a row all season, but Goliath's slightly smaller and less coordinated brother will hopefully step up to the crease and knock him for six.....
    I reckon the scrappy wins are a mark of us getting better again tbh. We know we can win when we play well, and you can’t play well all the time. Starting to win the dirty ones now makes us a real threat. City have also had a good few in recent weeks where they just about got over the line.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Surely we can be the first to beat them in the Premier League?

Loads of Arsenal fans will be hoping City don't go on to take their Invincibles tag I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    Mingolet
    Gomez lovren vvd robertson
    Lallana can chamberlain
    Salah firmino mane
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by OleTC View Post
    Jesus Navas was released by Man City last summer. You mean Gabriel Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Jesus Navas was released by Man City last summer. You mean Gabriel Jesus.
    It is. Thanks. LOL This ought to prove, I'm not a City mole, operating on this board.

-------------------------Mignolet
    --------------Gomez-------Matip------Van Dijk
    Alexander------Wijnaldum------Emre------Robertson
    --------------Salah------Firmino------Mané

Subs: Ward, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Chamberlain, Lallana, Ings

Hopefully a cross either of our wingbacks results in a bullet header from Wijnaldum. That goal he scored last season against City was so satisfying. Especially as he's been poor this season, worked hard and everything but his influence on games has decreased. Would've loved Coutinho to start this game given his scoring record against City. But it's more or less confirmed he's played his last game for us.
    Last edited by L4Sensation; 6-1-18 at 19:23.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    We’re handing City their first loss of the season, I can just feel it.

It’s going to be a cracker- the two best teams in the league going toe to toe to see who can score more goals - and that rhymes, Marge, so it must be true.
    I agree. We will punish them on the counter.