Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 545

Thread: Riyad Mahrez

  1. #511  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Only Arsenal have really been linked to him, and that should tell it’s own story.

    If Klopp thinks he can get a player out of him, fair enough, there’s no better man to do it, but I’d be surprised if he was interested at all.
    Can definitely see Arsenal moving for him especially if they get money from the Alexis Sanchez transfer this January.

    Have to wait and see if that goes through first.

    For 40-50 million, it'd be rude not to buy Mahrez. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #512  
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #513  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.
    No thanks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #514  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.
    I like your words about Mahrez, but no thanks to Vardy. He's only got a year or two left before he starts to fade whereas we can milk around 4 good years out of Mahrez.

    If we are going to go for a 29/30 year old right now, he'd have to be world class immediately and for a discount price...I can't think of anyone more suitable than Alexis Sanchez who is being courted by the Manchester clubs.

    I still expect Alexis to sign for the blue team in Manchester but who knows? I think Arsenal will cash in if a decent wedge of cash is offered to them just like when we took Ox from them in the summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #515  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Can definitely see Arsenal moving for him especially if they get money from the Alexis Sanchez transfer this January.

    Have to wait and see if that goes through first.

    For 40-50 million, it'd be rude not to buy Mahrez. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I agree, Mahrez is quite a spectacular talent, but yes he is entering his last years but also those years will probably be his best years, if he is being sold for less than 50 mil, I agree it would be rude not to put in a bid for him, he could play behind Firmino and link up with Salah and Mane, that would easily fill the void left by Phil.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #516  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.
    There really are much better strikers than Vardy.Think he is bit overrated.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #517  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,499
    I want someone who is more physical than a Coutinho, Ozil or Mahrez. Someone who can hold onto the ball like Isco or Draxler.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #518  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    269
    Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #519  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................
    Not so sure that will go down well, don't see too many direct transfers between us and them, not sure if Ince is the last one to play for both
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #520  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    There really are much better strikers than Vardy.Think he is bit overrated.
    He does a job, but not convinced he's top quality nor by the "don't come much better" comment

    He also turned 30 two days ago, and whilst he may contribute to the attacks as well as finish I'm unconvinced he'll be Klopp's cup of tea.

    Much rather add another attacker with the last three letters rez, remember what happened with the last player fitted that bill...
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #521  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................
    The same player crossed my mind too or Juan Mata, is it because we have so many top players that it is possible to attract other clubs stars? Once a player has played for MU not sure they are the most suitable or ideal though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #522  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,938
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Not so sure that will go down well, don't see too many direct transfers between us and them, not sure if Ince is the last one to play for both
    Owen?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #523  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Owen?
    Yes of course, tend to forget he went there.

    Maybe Ince was the last, or one of, to play a full and proper role at both since Owen was a crock when he got there just picking up any trophies going like Larsson and others. Owen made 31 league apps for the mancs, did score 17 goals in 52 apps for them overall and picked up a league title and league cup with them. (Larsson 3 goals in 13 apps for them, somehow got a league winners medal if I'm reading wiki right, thought they had to play 10 times in the league to get one which Owen did)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #524  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    He does a job, but not convinced he's top quality nor by the "don't come much better" comment

    He also turned 30 two days ago, and whilst he may contribute to the attacks as well as finish I'm unconvinced he'll be Klopp's cup of tea.

    Much rather add another attacker with the last three letters rez, remember what happened with the last player fitted that bill...
    We would all love Suarez (although we have Roberto) nearly every club is searching for that number 7. I'd like to see us sign mahrez, I've changed my mind, it just shows how little I know about football I wrote him off in my mind when I saw we were linked.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #525  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    We would all love Suarez (although we have Roberto) nearly every club is searching for that number 7. I'd like to see us sign mahrez, I've changed my mind, it just shows how little I know about football I wrote him off in my mind when I saw we were linked.
    Like any transfer there is always a bit of a gamble/risk involved, I reckon it would be worth any risk just to bring someone in and he's played in this league, very good player even if some now seem to be talking about signings like every signing will and should now be top signing.

    But the club should have a target list, and be looking at several replacements for Coutinho and if this is one we can execute this window I think it's worth it as he isn't (Champions League) cup tied, besides which if we're happy to pay 40m for the Ox who isn't a guaranteed starter, why not say 40m - 50m for a capable player who we could sell for not a big loss even if he didn't pay off long term.


    Or put another way, we can talk of signing several foreign names from foreign clubs but this is one transfer that his current club Leicester are quite likely to be open to, for the right price. If we miss out on top four because we haven't made any signings to cover for the loss of Coutinho it will be a sad state of affairs and potentially more costly than the fee we may end up paying for Mahrez or whoever.


    With the added obvious pressure of holding onto players like the now departed Coutinho, the Salahs, Manes, Firminos etc at this club if we continue in some kind of progression and finishing outside the top four could be very damaging indeed. Might not see an exodus in the summer, but give it a season or two and more may follow (Coutinho out the door)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #526  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,938
    Mahrez is quality, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I don't think it's very likely, though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #527  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,683
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................
    he would be an exc3llent replacement i think and certainly good value at 25 million
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #528  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Mahrez is quality, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I don't think it's very likely, though.
    He was very silky with his dribbling yesterday against Chelsea.

    I think he is Arsenal bound especially if the Alexis + Ozil sales go through this month....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #529  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Mahrez is quality, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I don't think it's very likely, though.
    Don't see many clubs going for him, though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #530  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    He was very silky with his dribbling yesterday against Chelsea.

    I think he is Arsenal bound especially if the Alexis + Ozil sales go through this month....
    When you read about Mahrez potentially favouring a move to Arsenal over us?

    And especially after today's epic games: Our 4-3 win versus City and Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth....it does make you wonder what goes through player's heads!

    Amazing advert today for players wanting to join us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #531  
    White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    When you read about Mahrez potentially favouring a move to Arsenal over us?

    And especially after today's epic games: Our 4-3 win versus City and Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth....it does make you wonder what goes through player's heads!

    Amazing advert today for players wanting to join us.
    London.

    Apparently no other city in England has shops.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #532  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    London.

    Apparently no other city in England has shops.
    Good point.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #533  
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    If we signed Mahrez, 80% of the pain of losing Coutinho would be lifted off my heart.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #534  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    When you read about Mahrez potentially favouring a move to Arsenal over us?

    And especially after today's epic games: Our 4-3 win versus City and Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth....it does make you wonder what goes through player's heads!

    Amazing advert today for players wanting to join us.
    Maybe he doesn't fancy the hard work...or the fact he'll have to fight for his place.

    Personally, I doubt we were ever in for him.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #535  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Maybe he doesn't fancy the hard work...or the fact he'll have to fight for his place.

    Personally, I doubt we were ever in for him.
    Agent talk. Trying to drive up his and the player's price.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #536  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    If we signed Mahrez, 80% of the pain of losing Coutinho would be lifted off my heart.
    You want to get over your obsession with Couthino. He's gone. We have won a lot more games without him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #537  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25,222
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Agent talk. Trying to drive up his and the player's price.
    Almost certainly.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #538  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Agent talk. Trying to drive up his and the player's price.
    Puel starting to talk about Mahrez being worth 100 million in the press.

    No thanks at that price, but of course he'll want to get the best valuation for him in order to reinvest the funds back into his squad.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #539  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Puel starting to talk about Mahrez being worth 100 million in the press.

    No thanks at that price, but of course he'll want to get the best valuation for him in order to reinvest the funds back into his squad.
    LOL

    No way is he worth that.

    Something seems off about this. Why aren't the big clubs snapping him up?

    I'm surprised he's still there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #540  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,754
    He's worth a solid 40m ... no more.

    I like him ... but he's no world beater.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •