Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Riyad Mahrez

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Only Arsenal have really been linked to him, and that should tell it’s own story.

If Klopp thinks he can get a player out of him, fair enough, there’s no better man to do it, but I’d be surprised if he was interested at all.
    Can definitely see Arsenal moving for him especially if they get money from the Alexis Sanchez transfer this January.

Have to wait and see if that goes through first.

For 40-50 million, it'd be rude not to buy Mahrez. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I really do not know why we have not gone in for Mahrez, other than perhaps Leicester have warned us off or are asking silly money. He is as close a player to Courtinho in style and ability I have seen. Signing him would go a long way to alleviating the pain I feel after losing Phil. I would like to see us go for the double swoop of Mahrez and Vardy as we also need an out and out striker and they don't come much better than Vardy.
    No thanks

I like your words about Mahrez, but no thanks to Vardy. He's only got a year or two left before he starts to fade whereas we can milk around 4 good years out of Mahrez.

If we are going to go for a 29/30 year old right now, he'd have to be world class immediately and for a discount price...I can't think of anyone more suitable than Alexis Sanchez who is being courted by the Manchester clubs.

I still expect Alexis to sign for the blue team in Manchester but who knows? I think Arsenal will cash in if a decent wedge of cash is offered to them just like when we took Ox from them in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Can definitely see Arsenal moving for him especially if they get money from the Alexis Sanchez transfer this January.

Have to wait and see if that goes through first.

For 40-50 million, it'd be rude not to buy Mahrez. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I agree, Mahrez is quite a spectacular talent, but yes he is entering his last years but also those years will probably be his best years, if he is being sold for less than 50 mil, I agree it would be rude not to put in a bid for him, he could play behind Firmino and link up with Salah and Mane, that would easily fill the void left by Phil.

There really are much better strikers than Vardy.Think he is bit overrated.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    I want someone who is more physical than a Coutinho, Ozil or Mahrez. Someone who can hold onto the ball like Isco or Draxler.

Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................

Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Cheeky bid for Mykhytarian...Klopp knows him well, scores goals.......Maureen want's rid.....available 25m 'ish..............Not a direct replacement but played behind Bobby could provide that lost creativity from midfield..........................
    Not so sure that will go down well, don't see too many direct transfers between us and them, not sure if Ince is the last one to play for both
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    There really are much better strikers than Vardy.Think he is bit overrated.
    He does a job, but not convinced he's top quality nor by the "don't come much better" comment

He also turned 30 two days ago, and whilst he may contribute to the attacks as well as finish I'm unconvinced he'll be Klopp's cup of tea.

Much rather add another attacker with the last three letters rez, remember what happened with the last player fitted that bill...

The same player crossed my mind too or Juan Mata, is it because we have so many top players that it is possible to attract other clubs stars? Once a player has played for MU not sure they are the most suitable or ideal though

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Not so sure that will go down well, don't see too many direct transfers between us and them, not sure if Ince is the last one to play for both
    Owen?

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Owen?
    Yes of course, tend to forget he went there.

Maybe Ince was the last, or one of, to play a full and proper role at both since Owen was a crock when he got there just picking up any trophies going like Larsson and others. Owen made 31 league apps for the mancs, did score 17 goals in 52 apps for them overall and picked up a league title and league cup with them. (Larsson 3 goals in 13 apps for them, somehow got a league winners medal if I'm reading wiki right, thought they had to play 10 times in the league to get one which Owen did)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    He does a job, but not convinced he's top quality nor by the "don't come much better" comment

He also turned 30 two days ago, and whilst he may contribute to the attacks as well as finish I'm unconvinced he'll be Klopp's cup of tea.

Much rather add another attacker with the last three letters rez, remember what happened with the last player fitted that bill...
    We would all love Suarez (although we have Roberto) nearly every club is searching for that number 7. I'd like to see us sign mahrez, I've changed my mind, it just shows how little I know about football I wrote him off in my mind when I saw we were linked.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    We would all love Suarez (although we have Roberto) nearly every club is searching for that number 7. I'd like to see us sign mahrez, I've changed my mind, it just shows how little I know about football I wrote him off in my mind when I saw we were linked.
    Like any transfer there is always a bit of a gamble/risk involved, I reckon it would be worth any risk just to bring someone in and he's played in this league, very good player even if some now seem to be talking about signings like every signing will and should now be top signing.

But the club should have a target list, and be looking at several replacements for Coutinho and if this is one we can execute this window I think it's worth it as he isn't (Champions League) cup tied, besides which if we're happy to pay 40m for the Ox who isn't a guaranteed starter, why not say 40m - 50m for a capable player who we could sell for not a big loss even if he didn't pay off long term.

Or put another way, we can talk of signing several foreign names from foreign clubs but this is one transfer that his current club Leicester are quite likely to be open to, for the right price. If we miss out on top four because we haven't made any signings to cover for the loss of Coutinho it will be a sad state of affairs and potentially more costly than the fee we may end up paying for Mahrez or whoever.

With the added obvious pressure of holding onto players like the now departed Coutinho, the Salahs, Manes, Firminos etc at this club if we continue in some kind of progression and finishing outside the top four could be very damaging indeed. Might not see an exodus in the summer, but give it a season or two and more may follow (Coutinho out the door)

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Mahrez is quality, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I don't think it's very likely, though.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    he would be an exc3llent replacement i think and certainly good value at 25 million

Mahrez is quality, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I don't think it's very likely, though.
    He was very silky with his dribbling yesterday against Chelsea.

I think he is Arsenal bound especially if the Alexis + Ozil sales go through this month....

Don't see many clubs going for him, though.

He was very silky with his dribbling yesterday against Chelsea.

I think he is Arsenal bound especially if the Alexis + Ozil sales go through this month....
    When you read about Mahrez potentially favouring a move to Arsenal over us?

And especially after today's epic games: Our 4-3 win versus City and Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth....it does make you wonder what goes through player's heads!

Amazing advert today for players wanting to join us.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect

And especially after today's epic games: Our 4-3 win versus City and Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth....it does make you wonder what goes through player's heads!

London.

Apparently no other city in England has shops.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    London.

Apparently no other city in England has shops.
    Good point.

If we signed Mahrez, 80% of the pain of losing Coutinho would be lifted off my heart.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator

Maybe he doesn't fancy the hard work...or the fact he'll have to fight for his place.

Personally, I doubt we were ever in for him.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Maybe he doesn't fancy the hard work...or the fact he'll have to fight for his place.

Personally, I doubt we were ever in for him.
    Agent talk. Trying to drive up his and the player's price.

If we signed Mahrez, 80% of the pain of losing Coutinho would be lifted off my heart.
    You want to get over your obsession with Couthino. He's gone. We have won a lot more games without him.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Almost certainly.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Puel starting to talk about Mahrez being worth 100 million in the press.

No thanks at that price, but of course he'll want to get the best valuation for him in order to reinvest the funds back into his squad.

Puel starting to talk about Mahrez being worth 100 million in the press.

No thanks at that price, but of course he'll want to get the best valuation for him in order to reinvest the funds back into his squad.
    LOL

No way is he worth that.

Something seems off about this. Why aren't the big clubs snapping him up?

I'm surprised he's still there.

He's worth a solid 40m ... no more.

I like him ... but he's no world beater.