Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Statement: Coutinho Leaves Liverpool

Great player, will be missed!

Need to replace him with a player who has similar traits, we will miss a creator and we need that back quickly. No excuses, we have to get one of the best with that cash.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    People seem to understand why we sold mid january
    The player does not want to be here. He downed tools and played for Brazil in August and "seems" like he is doing the same now... how can you not see that?
    We are not happy..
    BUT accept it and move on get replacements in.

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    What are you saying?

We are currently 4th, we have sold our best player, we will not be stronger so the natural assumption is that we will finish lower than where we currently lie
    We may not be stronger but we could buy and become stronger

Such a modern football fan response , totally reactionary and unable to see a bigger picture

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingRed82 View Post
    The player does not want to be here. He downed tools and played for Brazil in August and "seems" like he is doing the same now... how can you not see that?
    Because people become attached to players and the players they like can do no wrong in their eyes but itís the big bad owners and itís alk their fault

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    **** him.

Hope he flops, rots on the bench and ends up back in the Brazilian league playing **** poor football with Vasco da Gama.

But I wish him well.
    Same feelings here.. I did not feel like that when Suarez left but this I am mad mad as hell. What a jerk of a move by him.

What are you saying?

We are currently 4th, we have sold our best player, we will not be stronger so the natural assumption is that we will finish lower than where we currently lie
    its Not really that simple is it, but of course looking at that ďnatural assumptionĒ objectively would t suit your narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Wanted to leave from July. And many on here think it was some last minute in the summer refusal
    Exactly, it just makes a total joke of FSGs 'not for dale at any price' It was assumed that this was because Phil put in a request very late - not true.

So, we have idiotic owners who wont sell him in the summer when we could re-invest the money in the squad, but wait until the season is have over and risk derailing the season just as we are gaining some momentum. Total incompetence.

BlowUpMyBoots is online now Academy prospect
    What are you saying?

We have a better record this season without Phil in the side, what happens if that continues? Plus add VVD to the team now

Good riddence the little ***

We got good money for him - we just need to re-invest the money.

Top 4 was not based on him staying or going .

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingRed82 View Post
    We are not happy..
    BUT accept it and move on get replacements in.
    He has a contract,he was professional once the window shut ,its a world cup year.All this were reasons mentioned on why we shouldn't be obligated to sell him in the summer now we had too

Quote Originally Posted by tracetherain View Post
    its Not really that simple is it, but of course looking at that “natural assumption” objectively would t suit your narrative
    As it stands are we a better team now Phil has gone?

Was ***** anyway

Salah will be the next in line in the summer. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kbt100 View Post
    Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement regarding the future of Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool FC can confirm Philippe Coutinho will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona, subject to medical and agreement of personal terms.

The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities to conclude the transfer immediately.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...o-to-leave-lfc
    Gutting

The club better have some amazing plans or the simply should t have sold given we didnít need to

Step up fsg

Iíll always remember cou as being a wonderful player, but his attitude stunk towards this transfer even if it is his dream, still we should have held firm

RedInferno74 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by navmister View Post
    Same feelings here.. I did not feel like that when Suarez left but this I am mad mad as hell. What a jerk of a move by him.
    Suarez at least was honest about his ambitions. Phil's lies and fake injuries is a bit harder to take imo.

I was mad about the Suarez deal but not this one.

This is a good bit of business and we need to take them for every penny.

Good luck to him but we need to concentrate on making our squad better.

Now don't wasn't the money !!!!!!

I think buying a world class keeper and another centre back is more important than a Coutinho replacement. ****hides behind sofa waiting for everyone to throw stuff at me for crazy suggestion****

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by redeyes77 View Post
    Thatís what Iím sayin..... itís quite clear we didnít want to sell......
    indeed. and it looks like things were not rosey in the background either.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    We have a better record this season without Phil in the side, what happens if that continues? Plus add VVD to the team now
    and the convincing begins!!!!

I have heard it all now, we are better without Phil in the team. Yeah, he is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    **** him.

Hope he flops, rots on the bench and ends up back in the Brazilian league playing **** poor football with Vasco da Gama.

But I wish him well.
    On footballing terms i dont wish him well at all - who knows he may tear his ligaments and does not play for a long period including the world cup.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    See ya then.
    Hope your thigh cheers up.

Exactly, it just makes a total joke of FSGs 'not for dale at any price' It was assumed that this was because Phil put in a request very late - not true.

So, we have idiotic owners who wont sell him in the summer when we could re-invest the money in the squad, but wait until the season is have over and risk derailing the season just as we are gaining some momentum. Total incompetence.
    idiotic..?

Southampton < Liverpool < Barcelona

Exactly, it just makes a total joke of FSGs 'not for dale at any price'
    Would that be Emmer dale reallash?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    Because people become attached to players and the players they like can do no wrong in their eyes but it’s the big bad owners and it’s alk their fault
    Exactly...

We all love the club but experience is saying not to be attached to individual players.

Looking at the stats we have done well WITHOUT Phil in the side this season. Does that mean its all good, No. In tight games when teams sit behind the ball we may have problems but that is what the manager and the club will need to figure out.

ONLY thing I can't understand with Phil is why he could not do what Can seems to of done and do a deal to stay with us till the summer and then go to Barca.

Lovely statement from Klopp there. Pretty much how I feel towards it. Jurgen will have done his utmost. If the player dreams of Barca then that's that, it's then about putting together a suitable financial package for the selling club and I feel we've got a very good deal. I know some don't deal in reality but Ä160m isn't to be scoffed at, it's massive money and 75% will be upfront too. They've offered nearly 50% more than what they did the Summer, we certainly haven't had our pants pulled down. It's probably a lot more than what Barcelona wanted to pay, but they knew they had to pay it.

I think we'll be alright me, I just don't think his departure will be enough to derail our momentum, we've got a world class manager, a strong squad and in the last 18 months we've demonstrated we can identity and secure top talent from around Europe.

Fully expecting us to get a replacement in this month, I think it'll be Lemar and if we get him, whilst not at Phil's level yet is exactly the profile of player we should be targeting when you lose a player like Coutinho, money talks and if the club are serious, Lemar will leave, like Coutinho left here.

He's done nothing worse than Suarez.

Good luck Couts

I cant blame the club. Coutinho wanted to leave and couldnt see himself staying here any longer, and it seems like the club has done everything they could to convince him to stay, but this really hurts cus you just know how much weaker a team we are without him. Getting Dijk was great, but losing phil now is just terrible. It will be hard to grab a spot in the top four without Coutinho in the club. Coutinho came here as a nothing and we took him in and helped him transform into what he is today, but that hasnt given him any sentiment to keep working for us. Im bitter. Admitted. Just feels like 3 steps forward and five back. Time to find a new unpolished gem that can go to barca in a few years. Im a sulking ****. It will be better in a few days.

He's done nothing worse than Suarez. Good luck Couts

Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    Salah will be the next in line in the summer. Can't wait.
    Back to the 5 year rebuilding phase only the neighbours keep stealing our bricks