Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1138

Thread: Official Statement: Coutinho Leaves Liverpool

  1. #1 Default Official Statement: Coutinho Leaves Liverpool 
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement regarding the future of Philippe Coutinho.

    Liverpool FC can confirm Philippe Coutinho will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona, subject to medical and agreement of personal terms.

    The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities to conclude the transfer immediately.

    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...o-to-leave-lfc
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by kbt100 View Post
    Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement regarding the future of Philippe Coutinho.

    Liverpool FC can confirm Philippe Coutinho will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona, subject to medical and agreement of personal terms.

    The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities to conclude the transfer immediately.

    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...o-to-leave-lfc
    **** off
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    11,848
    All the best Phil,

    Truly a spectacular player to watch and definitely one of the best I've ever seen wear the red shirt.

    Quite sad to see him go but it's what he wanted, who are we to stop him pursuing his dreams.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Alpha Papa is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,681
    Ah. Shame. Good luck to him, great player to watch.

    Just hope we have a real quality replacement lined up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    The biggest statement we can make this season is to go and win the Champions League. I hope this is added motivation for our boys to really go for that one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,718
    Doesn’t sound to me like the club wanted to sell him........no well wishes or good luck for the future
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    11,848
    Remember him with his afro style hair cut, scoring that hattrick (or was it a brace?) v Wigan away and never looked back
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,383
    Glad that's over early in Jan and didn't drag out. Now we have enough time to get who we want and hopefully Kloppo has set his targets.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,100
    Financially a good deal.

    We must replace him well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    37,899
    Such a shame we sold him. His best years are now to come in another club's shirt.

    Great memories though and it has been a delight watching him play from a personal standpoint.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    31,214
    Jürge Klopp on Coutinho transfer

    Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.


    He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

    “It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

    “Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

    “Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

    “I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

    “Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

    “The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

    “Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

    “Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

    “I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

    “I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

    “So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,771
    See you kid.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    31,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Financially a good deal.

    We must replace him well.
    And as quickly as possible!!!
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    ONDEFENCE is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    31,828
    Onwards
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    BlowUpMyBoots is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,248
    Not one person has said its a positive that we have sold him.

    Some just realise transfers of top players to top clubs happen and if that player wants to go and is willing to give up 10 million loyalty bonus to go then there isn't much the club can do.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    All the best Phil,

    Truly a spectacular player to watch and definitely one of the best I've ever seen wear the red shirt.

    Quite sad to see him go but it's what he wanted, who are we to stop him pursuing his dreams.
    Well said...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,033
    The resistance lasted 5 months,selling club sells another star
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    55,402
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

    He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

    “It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

    “Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

    “Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

    “I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

    “Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

    “The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

    “Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

    “Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

    “I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

    “I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

    “So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”
    Good stuff from the boss.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,925
    Things learned

    1, Don't believe what players say.
    2, contracts not worth the paper it's written on.

    Disappointed but ultimately as a club we cannot do anything to stop it.

    Nike bang on the money 6th January deal done.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The resistance lasted 5 months,selling club sells another star
    Replace him with a halfway decent player we should be ok... We still have Hendo to come back and he will be LIKE A NEW SIGNING so rejoice!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,311
    So Coutinho even made it clear to his team mates he didn't want to be here.

    Bet that went down well in the dressing room

    Oh well...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,775
    Been a brilliant player to watch. Really progressed over the last couple of years.

    Thanks for memories and good luck.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The resistance lasted 5 months,selling club sells another star
    My god......... it’s like you only hear the voices in your head....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,589
    glad this has been sorted , good player , but he’s gone now so he’s out of my mind , let’s get players in !!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    72,286
    Quote Originally Posted by kbt100 View Post
    Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement regarding the future of Philippe Coutinho.

    Liverpool FC can confirm Philippe Coutinho will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona, subject to medical and agreement of personal terms.

    The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities to conclude the transfer immediately.

    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...o-to-leave-lfc
    very short and extremely not sweet.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The resistance lasted 5 months,selling club sells another star
    Yeah we sure showed em didn’t we.....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,589
    Quote Originally Posted by RollySlowly View Post
    So Coutinho even made it clear to his team mates he didn't want to be here.

    Bet that went down well in the dressing room

    Oh well...
    Disgraceful but let’s blame the owners for him acting like that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,033
    The top 4 challenge just got tougher,Imagine United selling De gea in January and it being well received
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,925
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    very short and extremely not sweet.
    Fits exactly in a tweet too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    410
    Sad to see him go but glad it's over and done with.

    Onwards and upwards LFC

    He has a 5.5 year contract with a buyout clause of 400 million Euros

    Let's get him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •