Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    We are?
    Yes, Ndidi!

Couldn’t resist
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Yes, Ndidi!

Couldn’t resist

I need to start putting ‘™️' or ®️ on these.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Edit-

Football is all about emotion, why care about any of it or anything else at all?
    Yes. of course. I agree. But when a player leaves a club, the negative emotional response is ridiculous. For them, it's a job first.
    I learned that after Torres left. There's no point in hating a player for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    Not every player that leaves us gets vilified, but fans do get more attached with big players than others. That is inevitable.
    You saw the Xmas video of Coutinho, Firmino and Ox visiting the school and most kids there have named Phil as their hero. Ofcourse there will be some tears, people will get heartbroken with memories, etc. I remember I how I felt with Owen and others leaving us - I felt like girl just dumped me - and it needs just time to get over it. I feel today much better than when the news broke, tbh.

Personally, if I had to categorize my feelings towards big players leaving us:
    1. I'd say Owen tops the pile of anger. Perhaps even more the fact he joined to play Manchester United later on. That was the ultimate betrayal for me and I just can't get over that - not even now he's an ambassador of our club.
    2. 2nd on my list would be Torres. We got big money for him, but joining our PL rivals is a no-no for me. I have literally cried over all those memories we had, the songs we sang, but I strongly condemned when few decided to burn his shirt. Although I was very happy to see Torres failing to deliver same performances at Chelsea.
    3. 3rd would be Sterling for going to City. It was obvious he will become a class player one day, but his professional career at Liverpool lasted too short to hurt me really. Still, the schemes he and his agent tried to pull on us were quite despicable.
    4. 4th would now be Phil Coutinho. He left us to go to a different league and I can understand his reasons in joining Barca, like any other southamerican. What I can't accept is unprofessional behaviour of throwing toys out of the box, faking back injury, etc. ... just to push the deal go through. The club, Klopp and we (the fans) didn't deserve that and I am sure he would get his dream fulfilled if he behaved better. Kudos though, he didn't sulk and played in best form up until the transfer window.
    5. 5th is Suarez. His departure to Barca was sad, but I can again understand his motivation. I never believed the biting incidents were his way of pushing the transfer deals go through, but it did disappoint me. As well as when he went missing on our preseason amid the transfer speculations. I'd say he was just sometimes nuts, but an incredibly emotional player and pure fighter who sincerely loved this club. He still speaks kindly on Liverpool and returned for few friendly games. I still followed his career afterwards and was glad he made success with Barcelona.
    6. 6th and the least hated big departure would have to be Xabi Alonso and I think most would agree on that. I cried for weeks when he left us and both we (supporters) and the players felt like we lost a brother from a foster home. It felt like someone took him away against his will. He was a true gentleman and professional both off and on the pitch. The way he still talks big about us, even though he achieved much more at other clubs, is a testimony for his greatness. I love and respect the guy to the death, and was delighted with every success he achieved.
    Good post. Agree 100%.

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post

I need to start putting ‘™️' or ®️ on these.
    You won’t be able to do anything about them getting nicked though

The Kloppster is online now Academy prospect
    According to Sky Sports News, the little mercenary used some of his own money to push the deal through.

Desperate. Pathetic.

Two words to describe him.

He is easily replaceable, unlike Suarez. For the money we got for him, we should be able to get an equal or better-quality midfielder, and perhaps even a top quality goalkeeper in addition.

Good riddance to yet another mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kloppster View Post
    According to Sky Sports News, the little mercenary used some of his own money to push the deal through.

Desperate. Pathetic.

Two words to describe him.

He is easily replaceable, unlike Suarez. For the money we got for him, we should be able to get an equal or better-quality midfielder, and perhaps even a top quality goalkeeper in addition.

Good riddance to yet another mercenary.
    Don't hate him man, we are RICH..... RICH!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Phil Coutinho can be replaced, it's the same with all players. I'm convinced that Klopp will flex his muscles between now and the summer and invest heavily to ensure that not just the team, but the squad is extremely strong.
    Yep, absolutely no doubt about that. Not anywhere near the quality of Suarez (who we really did miss). I also hope we get another central defender and a good quality goalkeeper - Donnaruma anyone?

Yep, absolutely no doubt about that. Not anywhere near the quality of Suarez (who we did really miss). I also hope we get another central defender and a good quality goalkeeper - Donnaruma anyone?
    You know whats really funny? The player prices might return to a sane level soon and we are actually lucky to have been passed a huge chunk of that insane "Neymar money".

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    **** him, hes a rat.

What would be really nice is that we get past Porto, and then knock Barcelona out in the quarter-finals, and watch the mercenary squirm as his beloved new 'buying titles' club are sent spinning out of Europe.

That would be the ultimate footballing justice.

What would be really nice is that we get past Porto, and then knock Barcelona out in the quarter-finals, and watch the mercenary squirm as his beloved new 'buying titles' club are sent spinning out of Europe.

Ahh don't hate him man, leave that to when we meet Barca on the field, we will batter them into oblivion.

I find it quite interesting that Barcelona confirmed Coutinho's thigh injury and said it will be 3 weeks long recovery.
    Either he injured himself worse by celebrating the transfer deal happening or he was never going to be ready to face Manchester City.

That scenario would be brilliant, but I will smile even if they stumble against Chelsea!

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Well now would be a good time for the 'other Coutinho' AKA Grujic to step up to the plate...

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Well now would be a good time for the 'other Coutinho' AKA Grujic to step up to the plate...
    i thought woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i thought woodburn
    Haven't you heard? Grujic is a carbon copy of Coutinho, just slightly taller and Serbian.

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Coutinho is Dead! Long Live Coutinho!

We won't play him. To big a danger Madrid comes for him

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Coutinho is Dead! Long Live Coutinho!

naturalskill is offline First team regular
    rumour that Coutinho will be given the No14 shirt previously worn by Cruyff...

if true that is some pressure on his shoulders...could even end up crushing him

When is this be closed? I think we have enough!

Yes agree stoppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    We won't play him. To big a danger Madrid comes for him
    We ought to play him some time surely? I know he's been, or is, injured and even when he gets on he gets a bit of the red mist in front of the eyes. But, unless he was bought purely to make up the numbers, for .... sake put him in. he's a big unit.
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    When is this be closed? I think we have enough!
    I think enough is enough.

If Coutinho would live up to hype, Liverpool wouldn't struggle with 4th rank, it's that simple. Yes, he is scoring worldies, but yes, hes disappeared at West Brom, the two finals 2016 and many other matches.

Fair play to Coutinho , done it to fulfil dream and make his family happy.

we all would of done the same..

When he was here we saw the best of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
    If Coutinho would live up to hype, Liverpool wouldn't struggle with 4th rank, it's that simple. Yes, he is scoring worldies, but yes, hes disappeared at West Brom, the two finals 2016 and many other matches.
    He scored the winning goal against City in 13/14.
    Scored the equaliser against City in the League Cup Final after Mignolet stupidly handed them the lead.
    Assisted Sturridge for the opening goal against Sevilla before Moreno lost the game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by laura6035 View Post
    Fair play to Coutinho , done it to fulfil dream and make his family happy.

we all would of done the same..

When he was here we saw the best of him.
    I love these sorts of posts, where everybody gets told what they’d do and think.

Yes, we're all absolutely delighted for him, that's exactly how it works.

Using 'would of' adds a lovely touch to it too, superb work.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

And who played in front of Moreno? Yes he is top class, but not the second most expensive player class, way too many West Brom games in him.

Put maybe Lallana on his position, how many points would we have less. Maybe 5 or 7? Is that worth the extra cost or 140 million fees? No. It would be worth it, if they would be third, or second, and wouldn't struggle against bus parkers all the time or lose all finals. That's why you pay the extra money for. But i agree with you, he is a great player, who WILL be hard to replace, but is it possible for the replacement to be better? Yes it is.